• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The detail in this mod is so awesome. Also, I have said it before, the sound effects in this mod is f-ing awesome.

I do have a question, keep in mind I have not actually played this mod in a while and I am not such a history buff of the time, are there any plans to duplicate the senate using the council mechanics? IE by giving the Romans heaps of senator "advisors" that they can fill on the "council".

In order to successfully complete the quest, you need at least one of the following:
- At least 18 learning
- At least 1000 piety
- Druid or Archdruid trait
- Genius trait

Even if you meet these requirements, you only have a 50% chance of succeeding each time. I do agree that it is a little overly harsh, we are planning to make it easier to Restore the Old Gods (especially if you have to do it multiple times) in the future.

In order to successfully complete the quest, you need at least one of the following:
- At least 18 learning
- At least 1000 piety
- Druid or Archdruid trait
- Genius trait

Even if you meet these requirements, you only have a 50% chance of succeeding each time. I do agree that it is a little overly harsh, we are planning to make it easier to Restore the Old Gods (especially if you have to do it multiple times) in the future.

If it requires the Druid or Archdruid trait, doesn't that mean that it's impossible to do it as a feudal character?

And if it is possible, how would one go about doing it as either Arthur Pendragon or one of his sons?

Last edited:
If it requires the Druid or Archdruid trait, doesn't that mean that it's impossible to do it as a feudal character?

And if it is possible, how would one go about doing it as either Arthur Pendragon or one of his sons?

You only need one of the 4 reqs, the other 3 are possible for feudal rulers.

Any Celtic pagan character of any government can become a druid. If your traits are good enough you'll be invited into the order at some point, but there is also an event chain if you take the theology focus (or, if you don't have WoL, take the appropriate ambition), with special events to improve your traits and skills that can eventually culminate in you becoming a druid.

It's basically impossible to become a druid as Arthur because he's tolerant (in addition to the fact that it would make basically no sense from the canon perspective), but getting 1000 piety shouldn't be too difficult, especially with the theology focus (if you have WoL).

9wUVPim.jpg

quick bug sorry!

Great mod otherwise. Would love to help develop this in some way.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before or if it is already planned (apologies if it has) but I think it would be cool if after reforming the WRE either as the Britannic Empire or the Gallic Empire you were given a decision to request that the ERE recognize you as the legitimate Western Emperor. Whether they accept or not could depend on a variety of things, like prestige, realm size, gender, religion, and gifts sent with your emissary (gold). If they accept you get a prestige bump and a small boost to vassal opinion and if they decline you get a large loss of prestige and a significant penalty to vassal opinion.

If the ERE does recognize you they could also involve themselves in succession wars, supporting one claimant of their choice with gold and troops (these troops could reflect either mercenaries hired by the ERE or soldiers convinced to fight for you because of your Eastern support). If the claimant not supported by the ERE wins they will have to send a large amount of gold to the ERE to regain recognition. There could also be events where the ERE has a succession crisis (I'm not sure how often the ERE had succession civil wars at this time but I would guess that they were fairly common) and if your empire is large enough you can provide gold to a claimant and hope that they win. If your claimant wins you receive gold and prestige from the ERE and if your claimant loses you lose prestige and have a lessened relationship with the new Eastern Emperor. This could all be reflected with an Eastern Relations stat that shows how good your relationship with the ERE is, with higher scores providing benefits and lower scores providing penalties.

I hope I didn't ramble too much in this post, but I hope you'll think about somehow developing this idea and integrating it into the mod. Also I'd like to thank all the creators of this mod, this is one of my favorite mods for CK2 and I hope you continue to work on it.

I have a question. In the act of restoring the old gods, does failing happen inherently or is randomly generated? It's been 40 years since the ritual and nothing has happened and I can't reform the faith. Thanks