• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fredrik II

Paradox Interactive
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Sep 15, 2003
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 2
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
Dear all,

This fall we ran a recruitment campaign for a position in our board and we’ve been overwhelmed by the response, both inside and outside of our networks. After an intense recruitment process where we’ve encountered a lot of people who might not be right for this role but are now a part of our network, we’ve decided on a candidate that we believe fits the bill.

I’d like to introduce you to Cecilia Beck-Friis. Cecilia has vast experience of leading organizations in rapid growth with a focus on developing new and relevant business models and she will complement the current board very well. She has previously worked at one of Sweden’s largest TV networks, where she was Executive Vice President and Head of Digital Business Development.

It was also important to us that our new board member fit with our company culture and understand how important our close relationships are to us, in particular to our community and we believe Cecilia is a great match here as well.

And with that, I’d like to leave the word to Cecilia.

Reactions:
Hi,

My name is Cecilia Beck-Friis and I am very excited to be joining the board of Paradox Interactive!

The role of a board member is quite different than having an operational role at a company so much like the rest of the board, my contribution will be more on the bigger picture, business side of things rather than on the operational tasks that involve game development and more.

One of the things that attracted me to Paradox is the journey the company has ahead of it, with development on multiple platforms, new distribution methods but equally important the active dialogue with all of you. I suspect I’ll be more of a forum lurker than an active participant in the years to come but I wanted to properly introduce myself and tell you that I look forward to becoming a part of this community and help Paradox develop together with you all.

Sincerely Cecilia

Reactions:
So you are basically here to help Paradox loot our private financial reserves? I respect that.

Good luck and welcome.

Reactions:
Hi,

My name is Cecilia Beck-Friis and I am very excited to be joining the board of Paradox Interactive!

The role of a board member is quite different than having an operational role at a company so much like the rest of the board, my contribution will be more on the bigger picture, business side of things rather than on the operational tasks that involve game development and more.

One of the things that attracted me to Paradox is the journey the company has ahead of it, with development on multiple platforms, new distribution methods but equally important the active dialogue with all of you. I suspect I’ll be more of a forum lurker than an active participant in the years to come but I wanted to properly introduce myself and tell you that I look forward to becoming a part of this community and help Paradox develop together with you all.

Sincerely Cecilia

Welcome! :) I wish you a good start, fun and success!

Greetings from Germany!:)

Welcome :)

PS. Don't feed [Insert Name of Project Lead] after 10 in the evening or else they get weird dreams.

Good luck in your new role, Cecilia. I'm sure your experience in the 'digital market' (pause while I throw up a little at the buzzword, but you know what I mean) will be a great asset to Paradox.

Interesting name combination for Sweden. Latin first name, followed by a German-Danish family name.
But far more relevant than that: Do you use Twitter, like pretty much everyone else does at Paradox?

Oh, and welcome! I hope you'll contribute to everyone's joy with this great company. :)

Hi. Would you care for a coffee? I'm sure Fred would get you one.

Reactions:
Interesting name combination for Sweden. Latin first name, followed by a German-Danish family name.
But far more relevant than that: Do you use Twitter, like pretty much everyone else does at Paradox?

Oh, and welcome! I hope you'll contribute to everyone's joy with this great company. :)

Thanks. I´m on Twitter https://twitter.com/annamajcecilia, but more of a lurker :)

I suspect I’ll be more of a forum lurker than an active participant in the years to come
Welcome and hopefully you will like it in one of the Worlds best companies. (And one of the few good things Sweden has come up with.:p Yes I am a Dane.)

If you ever want to look around in the forum then here is a quick summary of the different parts.
The CKII forums is where you go when you want to have a laugh seeing people casually talk about horrendous things which would land you in jail for a long time anywhere else. There are lists of quotes which taken out of context could land you in a heap of trouble.

The EU4 forum is for the megalomaniacs. This is where you casually talk about overthrowing entire governments and invading faraway provinces over nothing; natives are a nuisance which must be exterminated if they make too much trouble, and genocide is a valuable tool.

The Vicky II forum is for the smug, civilised people. Here people think they are better and more civilised than those from the other forums. Diplomacy is valued over brute force, but beware: Another rebellion for Vicky III might erupt at any time!

The HOI3/HOI4 forum is for the trigger--happy and generally the people going there are a bit different. You will see loads of discussions about which WWII tank was the best or whether or not Hitler not doing decision x/doing decision y would have won Germany the war.

The OT is for the really strange though; you can't really stay down there for long before getting as damaged as the rest of us. Before you know it you will end up randomly inserting linguistic discussions into everything. And if you go there then don't start talking about what the correct definition of liberalism or communism is; otherwise you will get stuck there as you read the endless pages of people trying to define either of those two terms.

That rundown of course exaggerated some things, but isn't too wrong in the big picture; hope you will like it here.

What he is saying is that I'm a smug, trigger-happy megalomaniac.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.

Reactions:
Welcome aboard Cecilia, and good luck!

Welcome :)

PS. Don't feed [Insert Name of Project Lead] after 10 in the evening or else they get weird dreams.
But its the weird dreams that spawn the best ideas:(

Welcome, @Cecilia , and best wishes in your new position ! :)