• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Khaled Falek

Sergeant
35 Badges
May 17, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Why can't we get married with people of other religon?!
Historicly there have been a lot of alliance between countries of different religon by wedding, like for exemple the byzantine empire and the ottoman empire.
So i would like to see the possibility to wed everyone not only the people of your religion.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
Why can't we get married with people of other religon?!
Historicly there have been a lot of alliance between countries of different religon by wedding, like for exemple the byzantine empire and the ottoman empire.
So i would like to see the possibility to wed everyone not only the people of your religion.

I think it was removed at some point, possibly due to balance reasons.

I think it should be brought back, but if there are immersion/balance concerns because it was too easy, we can make cross-religion marriages an Intrigue plot that requires an MTTH much like assassination before you talk to the right people, get the right translators, have mutual religious ceremonies/taboos accounted for, before issuing the marriage proposal, so that even at 100% plot power you don't get the marriage fire off instantly.

Reactions:
It should be allowed, but the demands should be high and the cost severe, so the AI doesn't spam inter-religious marriage to the point we've got Lollard Prince-Bishops of Merv and the Yazidi Emirate of Northumbria...

Reactions:
I think it was removed at some point, possibly due to balance reasons.

I think it should be brought back, but if there are immersion/balance concerns because it was too easy, we can make cross-religion marriages an Intrigue plot that requires an MTTH much like assassination before you talk to the right people, get the right translators, have mutual religious ceremonies/taboos accounted for, before issuing the marriage proposal, so that even at 100% plot power you don't get the marriage fire off instantly.
This. This sounds so freaking great.

Reactions:
It would also make sense for the lesser partner (wife in a regular, husband in a matri) to convert to the others religion.

That is, at least so far as I know, how things tended to work historically.

Reactions:
It would also make sense for the lesser partner (wife in a regular, husband in a matri) to convert to the others religion.

That is, at least so far as I know, how things tended to work historically.
It could be an option, but this was not an absolute rule. For example, Lithuanian Pagan grand dukes married Orthodox princesses many times and their wives remained Christian even founding and constructing churches in Vilnius during the 14th century. On the other hand, the requirement for Jogaila to marry Polish queen (well, actually officially she was called "king")) was to convert to Catholicism.

Reactions:
It should require the conversion of the non-titled spouse. This could come with a high base reluctance to marriage that would make these events rarer and prevent insane historical timelines. And perhaps, in the vein of what @Herr Doctor mentioned, unreformed pagans can perform this kind of marriage without conversion if the target's liege is willing.

Reactions: