• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DingoWalley

Captain
16 Badges
Feb 13, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III
URealms Theme Song

H5LL3AO.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Old Castle of Maldenburg. Once the greatest Castle in the Dwarven Empire. Home of the Ironhide Emperors and even the Divine that created the Dwarves, Thor himself. No one knows for sure how the Empire collapsed, as such knowledge is lost to most, but when it fell, it fell hard.

What is known is that the Castle still stands, in the hands of the great Dwarven Kingdom of Dundenburrow. Tourists visited the Castle often. Dwarves and Dwelves considered the Castle a Sacred Shrine or Holy Relic of a bygone era. The Glorious Castle also retained those who once served it, in the vast Catacombs underneath.

Unfortunately, the Catacombs attracted the attention of the notorious Cult of Bones; vile Death Worshippers who want to convert all the living into Ageless Skeletal Monstrosities. One day, the Cultists infiltrated the Castle, and kicked out or killed anyone who opposed them. Word was kept silent on the matter to preserve stability in the Kingdom, and immediately a message was dispatched to one of the greatest Paladin Orders in the realm, the Paladin Order of Antokg.

The Order, led by the Grandmaster Geromane Vinistro, was quick to respond. Meeting with the King and Prince, both named Dundenburrow, Geromane learned much about the Castle and what the Cult’s plans might be. Fearing that the Cult planned to revive the fallen Emperors to do their bidding and destroy Dundenburrow, Vinistro realized the immediate danger the Cult posed on the Kingdom. He graciously accepted the Call, and within a few days, his men were ready to tackle the Damned Souls, in the Halls of the Mountain Kings…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Sheets:
Mainur SettenstornGen. Marshall
- Triton Ground Kobold
- Paladin – Lay On Hands, Blessing of Strength, Conversion
- 78 Stamina + 30 Shield. 1 Move, 3 Basic, 1 Anytime
- Thaine (Squire)
- Black Boar Porc – Porc Vomit, Swallow, Scamper
- Sorcerer – Enlarge, Polymorph, Rolling Fog
- 66 Stamina. 1 Move, 1 Basic, 1 Anytime

Alain DragsfurF72Voyager
- Keen Gnome
- Paladin – Honor Chains, Conversion
- 88 Stamina + 50 Shield. 1 Move, 1 Basic, 1 Anytime
- Trayn Resinsn (Squire)
- Willow Folk Forn
- Booty Raider – Mark the Spot, Plunder the Booty, Ransack
- 21 Stamina. 1 Move, 1 Basic, 1 Anytime

Lucas Bush the 2nd Of House GeorgeIronhide G1
- Nobleborn Elf
- Paladin – Blessing of Strength, Honor Chains, Conversion, Lay on Hands, Martyr
- 66 Stamina + 35 Shield. 1 Move, 1 Regular, 1 Anytime
- Simon (Squire)
- Arrakkid
- Magician – Optical Illusion, Flock of Ravens, Levitate
- 54 Stamina. 1 Move, 1 Regular, 1 Anytime, 1 Chaos

Horace Wittingzer/Wendell WittingzerDragonOfAtlantis/Corman50
- Bi-Clops Ogre
- Monk – Serenity, Windblast, Spirit Rush/Sorcerer – Blink, Enlarge, Polymorph
- 86 Stamina. 1 Move, 0 Regular, 3 Anytime/1 Move, 1 Regular, 1 Anytime
- Bob and Joe Wittingzer (Nimbus Familiar)
- Bi-Clops Ogre
- Whitesmith – Recycling, Supply and Demand, Bootleg
- 44 Stamina. 1 Move, 1 Regular, 1 Anytime

Last edited:
2lShqVD.png

The cold, harsh winds begin to bring a light snow as our heroes, the Paladin Order of Antokg, arrive at the Courtyard of the old Castle of Maldenburg on this Wintery Evening. Having made sure that the Courtyard was safe, the Paladins are preparing to enter the Castle. Whatever Cultists are inside the Castle, will be sure to put up a resilient fight, especially with the Corpses of fallen Dwarves at their disposal.

Our heroes are currently out of Combat…

"What's that seashell thing over there?"

Mainur Settenstorn looks at the thing next to the Wittzingers.

"It looks like someone drew a fart...

Ha! Horace! What's that fart?"

Wendell just murmurs under his breath "A fart is right"

" Well, we're finally here. Who wants to go in first?

Wendell just murmurs under his breath "A fart is right"

" Well, we're finally here. Who wants to go in first?

"Stay calm, Wittingzers," the Grandmaster says, holding his hand, "we are preparing to enter the Castle. We must make sure we have our bearings before we proceed, for we may be spending days inside if we must. These Cultists are not to be treated lightly."

"My my," Simon says to his Lord, "The Cult of Bones seems to be a very dangerous threat."

"What's that seashell thing over there?"

Mainur Settenstorn looks at the thing next to the Wittzingers.

"It looks like someone drew a fart...

Ha! Horace! What's that fart?"

Thaine laughs with his master. "I' does indeed look like a far', me lor'!" Thaine says in a raspy voice.

Horace rolls his eyes at everyone's reaction to the nimbus.

"It's a Nimbus familiar, a spirit that when destroyed can reform after a few moments."

He mutters under his breath quiet enough only Wendell could hear. "Damn Kolbold..."

He then sighs and waits for the Grandmaster's order.

"My my," Simon says to his Lord, "The Cult of Bones seems to be a very dangerous threat."
"It would seem so, dear friend. But we must do our duty. We must work to protect the Dwarves, and by stopping the Cult of Bones here, we may help the Elves and the world from yet another threat to peace and stability."

"It would seem so, dear friend. But we must do our duty. We must work to protect the Dwarves, and by stopping the Cult of Bones here, we may help the Elves and the world from yet another threat to peace and stability."

"I hope so, sire," Simon says, checking his Regal Top Hat. "I appear to have everything I need, my lord."

"Sire George," the sole Hobgoblin of the group says. He meagerly approaches Lucas before bowing. "You may not know me, Sire George, but my name is Niccello the Blessed. Many years ago, your Father came across my group and allowed us safe pilgrimage through your Ancestral Homeland. Without him, my people, the survivors of the Fallen city of Zenok'iee, would've all died."

The Elven woman, Ming Ni, looks at Mainur and Thaine just goofing off with an annoyed look on her face. "'Ey, Mage Fisters!" She yells at them with her Posh accent, "Quit goofing off and check on your equipment!"

"Calm down, Ming," Geromane says.

Ming, still angry, says "Why did you even bring all these terrible men to this mission? Especially that shitty Goblin."

"Watch your tongue, Ming," Geromane responds. "Yes, Niccello is a Goblin, but he has proven himself countless times and is a proud follower of Ouro'ras. As of the others, they may not be the most disciplined, but they are indeed highly trained, highly qualified fighters."

Ming just shakes her head and continues to look at her gear. Thaine, realizing what he's supposed to do, looks down at himself for a minute. Then he looks at Mainur. "I have all me stuff, Master Mainur," he says.

Mainur remains seated, taking care not to pay too much attention to lady Ni.

"Good, good. Tell me Thaine, can you fight? Fight well, I mean. You're a bulky lad and that's good for a squire, but you'll be of little use if carrying stuff around is all you do."

Alain begins to pace back and forth nervously.

"Right. We gettin' set, then?"

He pats his hands all over his body, visually checks his flail and bow, and resumes pacing, satisfied.

Alain checks his Equipment.
HLKkgBb.png

Alain has all of his Inventory. Geromane notices that Alain is nervous. "Relax, Gnome," Geromane says, trying to calm him. "You and your Forn squire will remain safe, so long as you obey my orders, and pray to the light."

Mainur remains seated, taking care not to pay too much attention to lady Ni.

"Good, good. Tell me Thaine, can you fight? Fight well, I mean. You're a bulky lad and that's good for a squire, but you'll be of little use if carrying stuff around is all you do."

"Foigh'? Yeah, I've been in a browl or two, Master Mainur. La'ely, though, I've been learnin' how to be a Sorcerah, sire. Oi'm actually here to become a bettah Sorcerah, maybe get into a good Sork Guild."

"Foigh'? Yeah, I've been in a browl or two, Master Mainur. La'ely, though, I've been learnin' how to be a Sorcerah, sire. Oi'm actually here to become a bettah Sorcerah, maybe get into a good Sork Guild."

Ha, so you're trying to become a Sorcerer! I thought you'd gone through your sister's wardrobe. You know what Thaine, if you can prove your worth in there, I'll try and see if I can get you in touch with one of my old Sorcish friends. I'm sure at least one of them made their way into a guild.

Ha, so you're trying to become a Sorcerer! I thought you'd gone through your sister's wardrobe. You know what Thaine, if you can prove your worth in there, I'll try and see if I can get you in touch with one of my old Sorcish friends. I'm sure at least one of them made their way into a guild.

"Tha''d be fantastic, Mistah Mainur! Course, I wouldn' moind waitin' to finish up me squireshi' before headin' off to a Sork Guild. 'Specially since it's good for me resume."

Alain has all of his Inventory. Geromane notices that Alain is nervous. "Relax, Gnome," Geromane says, trying to calm him. "You and your Forn squire will remain safe, so long as you obey my orders, and pray to the light."

"Ha. I'm not nervous for that reason. Praise be to the light and all that. I suppose I'm more anxious to get started."

"Ha. I'm not nervous for that reason. Praise be to the light and all that. I suppose I'm more anxious to get started."

Ming Ni gives a haughty laugh. "You better keep your head, Gnome," she says, "Or you're gonna find it cracked open."

"Ming..." Geromane says. Again, Ming goes back to her affairs.

"You have to forgive her, Alain. The past couple of years have been rough on her..."

Sooo... what are we waiting for?

((I was trying to get people to check their gear and flesh out their characters. The Gear Check was an early Legendary Roll, and no one wanted to do that, and the character fleshing is because we're not going to get a lot of roleplaying chances once you all get in. Seems to me, though, that you guys would rather play the game sooner rather then later.))

"Alright men," Geromane says, "are we prepared to enter the old castle?"