[UPDATED 12/08/21] Monetizing from Youtube videos containing Paradox Interactive material!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Our old policy and the PDF we used to use is no longer necessary.

If you ever get into problem with YouTube regarding copyright infringements on Paradox Interactive content, please refer to this webpage

Please note that this change in documentation should have no impact whatsoever on the content you can create, upload or consume on YouTube and other services like it.

Let me know if this create any problems for you.

Best Regards
Björn

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I just want to say kudos to Paradox for going out of it's way to help those who want to do this. It is not every company that will take a step like this!

• 2Like
Reactions:
I just want to say kudos to Paradox for going out of it's way to help those who want to do this. It is not every company that will take a step like this!

While it is nice, they have much to gain from this as well, considering what an effective source for advertising these let's play videos can be.

Reactions:
Really nice!

• 1Like
Reactions:
This kind of thing is what has kept me a loyal Paradox customer for years. Well, this and great games, but great games alone are not enough to enter the group of awesome companies!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you Paradox. You are loyal to your customers, which is why we are loyal to you.

Reactions:
You guys have the most awesome youtube policy, thank you

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I think this is a great choice because a youtube let's play brought me to buy the games in the first place.

Reactions:
Clicked on this genuinely expecting to see a "don't make money off our content" post. It's great to see a game development studio still in touch with it's fans and smart enough to realise that a good LP will lead to increased revenue too. All my money has been well spent with Paradox, continue to make time sink games guys and you can continue to take my money! :)

While it is nice, they have much to gain from this as well, considering what an effective source for advertising these let's play videos can be.

You have a point, However isnt this a healthy relationship? Where the Consumer and company treat eachother with mutual respect and both gain from it?

Reactions:
Hello Bjorn,

Here is an email reply I received today from an unnamed support person at YT after providing them the aforementioned PDF. Apparently the PDF does not mention the audio content, and therefore disqualifies the video (at least for now) I have asked them not only their name but also what video they are referring to. All they have said so far is it is a paradox game and that the agreement PDF was provided.

Would a modified agreement mentioning audio be possible?

Thanks in advance

-Shen

Hi,

To assist us in processing your submission for monetization, we would like for you to provide us with more information regarding the license agreement for the audio contained in your video. Specifically, we need for you to confirm that you have been cleared to use the aforementioned material for commercial purposes. You may e-mail us this information as an attachment or provide us with a direct link to the terms.

If you would like to monetize videos that contain audio from or created from software, please refer to our Monetization FAQs at http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=2490089.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

Hello Bjorn,

Here is an email reply I received today from an unnamed support person at YT after providing them the aforementioned PDF. Apparently the PDF does not mention the audio content, and therefore disqualifies the video (at least for now) I have asked them not only their name but also what video they are referring to. All they have said so far is it is a paradox game and that the agreement PDF was provided.

Would a modified agreement mentioning audio be possible?

Thanks in advance

-Shen

Jeez...

We'll update the letter.

Reactions: