• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Obsidian_Alex

Recruit
1 Badges
Nov 8, 2016
  • Obsidian Entertainment Staff
This patch focuses on many general fixes along with additional issues reported by the community. Please note that quest related fixes may contain spoilers.

List of changes can be found below!

Quest Fixes (Contains Spoilers):
  • Allied faction representatives should be present in Ascension Hall toward the end of the game when sided with the rebel groups, regardless of if you have responded to Bleden Mark.
  • The battle with Nerat will end properly after his ending speech if you choose to engage him in battle.
  • "Armies of the North" should now be given to you after killing Nerat last.
  • Players who kill Bleden Mark and then earn Tunon's submission will no longer be offered fealty by the ghost of Bleden Mark.
  • "That Which Remains" will update appropriately when shooting the winch and defeating the Unbroken enemies.
  • The Forge in Lethian's Crossing is open after traversing the Oldwalls and returning to Lethian's Crossing.
  • While on "In the Shadow of the Oldwall", Welby should appear in the proper location in Twin Rivers.
  • "At Any Cost" will progress appropriately if you have become the Prima of the Stonestalkers before betraying your alliances and continuing forward without any allied factions.
  • Bleden Mark's conversations will continue appropriately even when you have the same level of Wrath and Favor with the Disfavored and Scarlet Chorus.
  • Oath Bound units can be engaged properly in Duskwatch.
  • Red Fang will talk to the player after a player allied with the Scarlet Chorus betrays their alliance and goes to Gulfglow looking for the Azure Shield.
  • Acalia will progress the "Language of the Ancients" quest after moving from Effigy to the Burning Library.
  • Kallion remembers the state of his sister at the end of "Blind Ambition."
  • Non-combat dialog choices with Kalea now grant the "Blind Ambition" quest as well.
  • Player who betrayed Jagged Remedy can now advance quest "Bound by Blade" by attacking Mattias in Trapper's Junction.
  • Osmios will no longer kill Agathon in "Into the Maelstrom."
  • Players who recruited multiple factions due to an earlier issue can now progress using their existing save.
  • Stonestalkers will help player seeking their alliance fight Earthshakers in Howling Rock.
  • Earthshakers now attempt to continue ritual during raid on their Howling Rock fortress.
  • Garrick no longer thanks player for stealing his tools.
  • Eb will no longer tell a player who betrayed the rebels which rebel groups they might recruit.
  • Irentis and his soldiers will now aid an allied player who chose to help him in fighting the Scarlet Chorus.
  • An objective in the quest "Forge-Bound Iron" no longer incorrectly refers to the defeat of Matani Sybil.
  • During the Battle of Duskwatch, Agathon will have friends when fighting players allied with the Disfavored.

Text Fixes:
  • Numerous typos addressed.
  • Multiple localization improvements.
  • Ulantis text finalized.
  • Clarified tooltip for Eb's "Purifying Waters" ability.
  • Clarified tooltip for Sirin's "Song of Benediction" ability.

Gameplay Fixes:
  • Multiple crashes reported by the community should no longer occur.
  • Multiple instances of loot containers that previously did not appear lootable now do.
  • Numerous minor fixes to enemy presentation in specific scenes.
  • Player can now use skills to release Disfavored in Rust Canyons.
  • Liberating Plainsgate from the Chorus now requires killing all members of that faction present.
  • The World Map is accessible from Ironhaul Trail while allied with the Disfavored.
  • Eb's "Terratus Embrace" ability will exit properly if companions try to switch weapons while in mid-air.
  • Eb will speak with player in Act 3 even if she doesn't particularly like them.
  • Sirin will no longer forget Songs when loading a save.

Audio Fixes:
  • Numerous new audio cues added throughout game.
  • Correct music will now play after defeating a specific enemy.
Interface Fixes:
  • Saves should always be visible in save menu.
  • Added portraits to the store menu of several vendors.
  • Halfgate will no longer be referred to as Plainsgate in the Reputation Menu.
Programming Updates:
  • Reduced significant animation memory overhead.
  • Improved asynchronous loading of files at startup.
Art Book Update:
  • A typo has been fixed in an art book heading.

Reactions:
can you please balance the heavy amor? atm it is only good if you wanna be a tank. also make companions who are not in the party receive xp for lore ,athletics etc when they are on the spire

@Kolanti, thank you for the feedback.

One of the fixes that went into this patch does correct the way companions gain experience when left at the mountain spire. They will now gain experience in the skills which they already have ranks in. This is also weighted by how many ranks they have in each skill. So a companion with a high number of ranks in Lore, will continues to gain experience and ranks in Lore if the as the Player Character gains experience without them in the party.

Reactions:
""also make companions who are not in the party receive xp for lore ,athletics etc when they are on the spire""

-------------------

+1

I think there is a global problem with XP.

Exp from trainers are lost for companions stayed at the spire. It's a fact.

Also, if we don't think to return at trainer, certain level can be 2/ 5 or 3 / 5 in dead line for party members, because the levels of trainers deal XP.

Perhaps create a global amount of levels :

level 10 ? 10 x 5 = 50 levels of trainers. Available at all time. Everything is arranged in this case.

Reactions:
Patches are great, thanks guys.

Where would I report a bug found on tyrannygame.com? Who handles the site, Obsidian or Paradox? The bug has to do with character profiles and story moments, which are very cool and I appreciate, but unfortunately aren't working for me. I restarted once on my first play through and having 2 characters named the same is causing major problems with my profile.

Hello @sp3cw4r,

I am sorry that the site is giving you issues. I think the best way to address that issue, is to start a thread on the support forums. If you could include the following information, it would be most helpful:
  1. What is the name of the character(s) that are having this issue?
  2. You said you restarted your first playthrough, did you make a new game from the title screen, or load a save early in the playthrough?
I'll reach out to the appropriate parties when I see your post so we can get started on investigating it.

Thank you,
David

Reactions:
when giving control of Lethian's crossing to the disfavored and the allying myself with the disfavored, I don't get the dialogue option with Zdenya and thus can't start the "crossing the Old walls" and "finding a madman" quests. has theese issues been fixed in the the patch?

could you please rework the training system, it takes forever to go from 1 spire to another just to retrain my character
i literally spent hours just on loading screens so i could get lore or athletics training for my characters and companions

perhaps add lvls for each level up? that way we dont miss on valuable training and still get a satisfying playthrough

Reactions:
when giving control of Lethian's crossing to the disfavored and the allying myself with the disfavored, I don't get the dialogue option with Zdenya and thus can't start the "crossing the Old walls" and "finding a madman" quests. has theese issues been fixed in the the patch?

i believe if during the conquest you go to lethians crossing, you make 1 of the armies go and exterminate the bane there
no bane means no problems which in turn means no magebane helm needed and therefore there is nothing for rotomon to steal

Hello @Juhulemand,

The quests you are referencing are not available to players who sided with the Disfavored.

When siding with the Disfavored, they will first task you with ending the Edict of Storms. Based on your decisions to end the edict, you may be sent to the Burning Library by Ashe, in order to end the Edict of Storms.

If you end the Edict of Storms without requiring to go to the Burning Library, you will then be presented with the option of going to Lethian's Crossing or the Burning Library. By choosing Lethian's Crossing, you will be able to do a Disfavored Version of the quests you are talking about ("Blades of Iron").

If you choose to go to the Burning Library, you will not have this option, as you will be sent to the Stone Sea after completing either region for the Disfavored.

If that does not explain the situation on your play through, could you please start a new thread on the support forums and attach a save file for us to look into the issue further?

Thank you,
David

Hello @Juhulemand,

The quests you are referencing are not available to players who sided with the Disfavored.

When siding with the Disfavored, they will first task you with ending the Edict of Storms. Based on your decisions to end the edict, you may be sent to the Burning Library by Ashe, in order to end the Edict of Storms.

If you end the Edict of Storms without requiring to go to the Burning Library, you will then be presented with the option of going to Lethian's Crossing or the Burning Library. By choosing Lethian's Crossing, you will be able to do a Disfavored Version of the quests you are talking about ("Blades of Iron").

If you choose to go to the Burning Library, you will not have this option, as you will be sent to the Stone Sea after completing either region for the Disfavored.

If that does not explain the situation on your play through, could you please start a new thread on the support forums and attach a save file for us to look into the issue further?

Thank you,
David
Any chances of changes in the future that will allow you to act as an ally to whoever you choose to support, instead of a servant?

Reactions:
Hi, thanks for the great patch. I made it through the first area of the game with the sound and backround music fine, but when I got to the disfavored camp, the backround music and music on the main menu screen were gone. What could be causing this ? I don't have sound problems with other games.

Thanks.

Fixes always nice.

Any chance of adjusting the training skill gap as mentioned?
it could be solved just by letting all characters place +5 skill levels in any skill they choose instead of having to run constantly to trainers all over the world...and that will also solve the issue of a sidelined companion gaining levels while inactive, but unable to train for those levels as you get locked out the instant you level.

Reactions:
could you please rework the training system, it takes forever to go from 1 spire to another just to retrain my character
i literally spent hours just on loading screens so i could get lore or athletics training for my characters and companions

perhaps add lvls for each level up? that way we dont miss on valuable training and still get a satisfying playthrough

From my point of view of player : best solution.

It's very-very annoying to return each level take (by the fear of missing the moment), sometimes for each character (insane). If we don't do that, a dungeon can blow up 5 levels a training.

Not very pleasant indeed. (Like visiting the 5 spires to take everything, while there are load times... Solution = General Recovery Stock in one shot ? Forging Ingots + Infirmary Ingredient etc. It would be so good)

In the same intention, where pass the training levels of companions stay behind ? Lost forever.

There is 2 experience :

Battle (visibly arranged by this patch)
Trainer. (I'm not sure...)

It is nice that the leveling of chars who are not in your party has been changed.

Regarding trainers, it does not feel good that you should go to a trainer every time you level up, especially for chars who are not in your party because you do not know when they level up. I think this system was takes from Morrowind and Oblivion (did skyrim have trainers?), but those are single player games in an open world, so even if you miss training it is easy to farm skills. In Tyranny the number of enemies is limited, so farming skills is not so easy so each exp you get is more importent.

My suggestion: Make it like arcanum. A char needs a trainer to become apprentice/expert/master level in a skill. Each char can get each training only once. Almost everyone can get apprentice training, expert needs some requirements and for master you need to find a trainer and finish a quest.

I would also like to know if the stat stacking (some skill+ items, KiS armor, . . .) and stat reduction bugs (some players seem to have negative dodge/parry) have been fixed.

I would also like to know if the stat stacking (some skill+ items, KiS armor, . . .) and stat reduction bugs (some players seem to have negative dodge/parry) have been fixed.

+1.

In power tree skills :

armor penetration +4 / -15 % recovery = not stack with spells.

In magic tree skills :

+25 % damage fire/cold/elec = Stack with spells.

----------

What is the logic ?

Absolute non-sense. All powers need to stack to profitability the investment.

Last edited:
Reactions:
+1.

In power tree skills :

armor penetration +4 / -15 % recovery = not stack with spells.

In magic tree skills :

+25 % damage fire/cold/elec = Stack with spells.

----------

What is the logic ?

Absolute non-sense. All powers need to stack to profitability the investment.

First, I was talking about items or that give a bonus and this bonus is aplied several times.

Second, I do not think that everything should stack. Like in PoE, only the strongest bonus/penalty should be applied. Also, weapon talents should only work for weapons (or a specific type of weapons) while magic talents should only work for spells. For example, you can only add one type of elemental damage to a weapon. At the moment you can add all kinds of bonusses from different skill trees to become completely overpowered.