Tribes was not unique raiders in the timeframe

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Denkt

Left the forums permamently
1 Badges
May 28, 2010
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
The thing is that pretty much everyone was raiding during the game timeframe and the biggest and most effective raiders was not people like the Scandinavians but what you call for more civilized nations like the Byzantine Empire.

So why is raiding such a limited mechanic compared to its widespread reality and why can't some if not the best raiders of the time period actually even raid?

Though I agree, gold from raiding above the gold Byz earns from holdings and vassals would have totally broken the CK2 game economy.

And... Tribes are by not the only raiders in CK2. All pagan religions(Except Hellenic and Zun??) can raid, before and after reformeration. Even if they transform to other gov - forms.

And...(2) Tribal byzantian vassals can't raid at all. Pety... I loved playing that 769 Teodoro(Cremea) tribal vassal.

Last edited:
Arab raiding was famous in this era. The Byzantines would raid back on occasion. Normally they'd let the Arabs in, let them sack a few towns or cities, then close the passes and jump them on the way back when they are laden with gold.

Last edited:
Arab raiding for famous in this era. The Byzantines would raid back on occasion. Normally they'd let the Arabs in, let them, sack a few towns or cities, then close the passes and jump them on the way back when they are laden with gold.
It is what you can do according to how rading will work in DD17.

No one can prevent you from DoWing your enemy then raid (loot) the heck from them.

Tribals just dont have to DoW and get some bonus loot from that.

No one can prevent you from DoWing your enemy then raid (loot) the heck from them.

Tribals just dont have to DoW and get some bonus loot from that.
But you don't get nearly as much money for capturing a castle than you do from raiding it. Raiding can fuel an economy in CK2 in a way that warfare can't.

On the other hand, I already find raiders incredibly annoying, and increasing their number sounds unfun.

At least they seem to be getting rid of those monstrous adventurer bands ("hey, let me get together thousands of horse archers at a point where no country has the men to stop such a large army, and then systematically camp out and loot down every settlement in the area while the ruler can't do anything about it).