• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sound Toll's gotta be awesome for your economy. But what really struck me in the latest update was the Magyari-Moorish alliance. Now, the Magyars are clearly still powerful despite the thrashing they took a few updates ago... but what made them think they could intervene in the Mediterranean?

More importantly, does anyone even have boats yet?

Sound Toll's gotta be awesome for your economy. But what really struck me in the latest update was the Magyari-Moorish alliance. Now, the Magyars are clearly still powerful despite the thrashing they took a few updates ago... but what made them think they could intervene in the Mediterranean?

More importantly, does anyone even have boats yet?

The Sound Toll is pretty nice. As for the alliance, I don't even know how it was formed. They have different religions and even fought against each other a few times. Guess the AIs are rather unpredictable. We do have boats (trireme) but naval battles never end. I could put 24 ships against 1 enemy ship and the battle can go on forever.

Chapter 46

An accident took place in the woods that took the life of the king's son. After further investigation, the evidence showed that the Magyars were responsible for the accident. The king was angered and immediately ordered a messenger to send a declaration of war on the Magyars. The elder council, upon hearing this, immediately ordered a small regiment to chase after the messenger. Before the messenger can reach the Langobards - Magyars border, he was chased down and taken back to the capital by force. The king, having calmed down a bit, was finally willing to listen to reason as he cancelled the declaration of war.

chapter46a.png

It would appear that the Gods gave the king a chance to take his revenge. The Romans have once again attacked the Moors and the Magyars were pulled into the war. The king sent a spy to the Magyars capital to infiltrate administration. After monitoring the Magyars regiments' movements, war was declared when they were busy with Roman regiments. The 2nd religious war against Magyars have begun and the king sought revenge for the death of his son.

chapter46b.png
chapter46c.png

A month into the war, the king's wife gave birth to a second son. The king named the son Filippo and manned extra guards to ensure his safety. While the king wanted to spend time with his newborn son, he knew that he must teach the Magyars a proper lesson. To avoid distractions, he went to the front lines to direct his forces.

chapter46d.png

The Moors were crushed by the Romans. They agreed to the terms Rome sent them and, unwilling to fight any longer, offered a white peace to the Langobards. The king, hoping only to pick a bone with the Magyars, agreed. The Magyars still focused on the Romans despite Langobards joining the war. The Roman emperor, receiving word of losses on the front line, decided to take what he can and ended his war with the Magyars. Once again, the Langobards find herself fighting mono a mono with the Magyars.

chapter46e.png
chapter46f.png

The war had slowed down colonization but, with a bit of funds available, it was still taking place.

chapter46g.png

With Rome out of the war, the Magyars looked to take out the Langobards. There were heavy losses on both sides and battles were, overall, even. However, the Langobards have already got an upper hand while the Romans distracted the Magyars. The people of Magyars have lost their will to keep fighting. Their ruler finally agreed to most of the terms the Langobards king offered them. The only term they refused was handing over their ruler. The king, seeing the heavy casualties on his side, decided that losing more lives over his revenge wasn't worth it. Thus, he sent a more lenient peace offer that ended the war. Few weeks after the war, the king of Langobards saw his son avenged when he received word that the Magyars ruler died from wounds received in the war.

chapter46h.png
chapter46i.png

Very impressive!

At some stage could you load up as Rome and show their list of rulers? I think it'd be kinda funny.

Will there be another map soon?

I will be putting a map into my next chapter following my next war :p.

Very impressive!

At some stage could you load up as Rome and show their list of rulers? I think it'd be kinda funny.

Thanks! The game crashes when I open the ledge so I'm afraid I cannot do that :(.

For all the readers, I have a small update. The year is 799.

lom1.png

My nation is ready to convert the populace :cool:. I won't say anything else since I don't want to spoil anything.

OH MY GOD!FINALLY IS DONE!I THINK MY HEART WILL EXPL....CABROM!

But and your awesome texts? :p

OH MY GOD!FINALLY IS DONE!I THINK MY HEART WILL EXPL....CABROM!

But and your awesome texts? :p

The texts will come when we actually get there. I just wanted to include this update as a teaser.

Chapter 47

Seeing the losses from the war, the king decided to give his nation a few years of peace while peaceful expansion still took place. The colonization of the entire Denmark was the goal for the expansion. However, the peace wasn't meant to last. The Roman empire turned their gaze towards the Magyars again. There were rumors that the Romans wished to cut the Langobards from further expansion into Magyars territory. Therefore, the Romans looked to take provinces that would serve as a wall between Langobards and the Magyars. This was alarming news for the king. He knew that the Romans are already very powerful and he couldn't allow the Romans get even stronger.

chapter47a.png
chapter47b.png

An emergency meeting was ordered by the king with the elder council. It didn't take long before everyone agreed that the Langobards must stop the Romans. Therefore, spies were sent in to make claims and infiltrate the administration of the Magyars. War was declared soon after. The Proto Finnish, liberated by the Langobards, didn't hesitate to join on the side of the Langobards. The war was still bloody but it soon became obvious that the Magyars have been severely weakened by the Langobards in the last few wars. After taking a fair amount of territories, the king was forced to end the war to avoid more casualties. While the king wasn't satisfied with the number of provinces he gained, his goal was accomplished. He had successfully cut the Romans off from the Magyars. The Roman plan was not only thwarted but it was used against them.

chapter47c.png
chapter47d.png
chapter47e.png

With another successful war, the king got back to governing his nation. There was a breakthrough in technology while colonization continued in the north. The king was distract by something else though. With the Romans cut off from the Magyars, they may turn their focus on the Langobards. The question wasn't whether it will happen but rather when it will happen.

chapter47f.png
chapter47g.png

An update to the Langobards borders.

chapter47h.png

Convert to despoct monarchy,and make an update showing the creation of parlament,and things like this :p

Convert to despoct monarchy,and make an update showing the creation of parlament,and things like this :p

My nation starts off as despotic monarchy. As for the future, I have no idea what's going to happen.

Chapter 48

Even when the king wants peace, his nation looked destined to fight the Magyars to the very end. The Alans, a nation liberated from the Magyars in one of the wars, asked the Langobards for assistance against the Moors. The king agreed and found himself fighting the Magyars again. To ensure victory, a spy was sent in to infiltrate the administration.

chapter48a.png

Times have changed for the Langobards. The Germanic army was no longer the pushover that the Magyars can easily destroy. Over time, the Langobards have learned to fight better. As tactics improved and better generals hired, the Langobards army was taking a lot less casualties.

chapter48b.png

Lands were seized from the Magyars as the Khanate grew weaker with each war. However, the Langobards king ended the war early. The Langobards generals were at a loss. They had the Magyars regiment on the run and should capitalized on the opportunity. When they returned to Trier, it became clear why the king made the decision. There were rumors that Roman troops were gathering at their border and waited for a chance to strike. To make matters worse, the king suddenly got very ill.

chapter48c.png
chapter48d.png

As the king laid in bed, he receive news that the colonization continued without any problems. The king was glad as he saw that as a good omen. He ordered the elder council to meet him. When the elder council arrived, they were surprised at the frail condition of their king. The king, seeing everyone arrived, named his next heir. Once he was sure everyone understood, he closed his eyes and never opened them ever again.

chapter48e.png
chapter48f.png

Excellent progress!

One way to look at a nation's rulers is to look through the save file yourself.

Are you able eventually to upload one of your saves?

Excellent progress!

One way to look at a nation's rulers is to look through the save file yourself.

Are you able eventually to upload one of your saves?

Thanks! As for uploading one of my saves, I cannot find the option. I don't think I have permission :(.

You could upload a save to a file sharing service like Mediafire, and then post a link in an update of your AAR. Make sure to run it through a compression program - I find that 7zip can reduce a 20MB save to 1MB, and that's a world of difference.

Oh,Ok!Good luck My Great Italian King :D

Not much of an Italian King if I don't own Italy. :p

You could upload a save to a file sharing service like Mediafire, and then post a link in an update of your AAR. Make sure to run it through a compression program - I find that 7zip can reduce a 20MB save to 1MB, and that's a world of difference.

Thanks! Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cyelg7i4k10bga9
I hope it works.

Chapter 49

The Alans decided to call the Langobards in against the Moors and, once again, the king is forced to take control of the situation. For the young king, a healthy dose of Magyars slaying would definitely do him so good.

chapter49a.png

A new Magyars general, Bulcsu, proved to be very dangerous. In the battle of Simbirsk, he took out 42 thousand Langobards men while only losing 17 thousand. When his men routed, they were hunted down but the general escaped. Bulcsu, managing to get another chance, fought against the Langobards again at Nova Uzensk. When he first attacked, he had a number advantage. However, the Langobards regiments soon poured in to reinforce. Despite the heavy losses, the Langobards were victorious and continued to hunt down the routed enemy. In Busuluk, the routed enemy was annihilated. The general may have escaped from capture once again but he couldn't escape death. The Khan of Magyars executed him for deserting his post. Little did that Khan know that he had in fact aided the Langboards by killing off one of his very able general.

chapter49b.png

Like the previous few wars, many territories were taken. The only difference was that the Magyars ruler was forced to renounce his claims on many, many provinces. The Langobards king hoped that this would keep his enemy down for good.

chapter49c.png

The Moors conceded defeat despite the fact that the Langobards fleet cannot reach them. The Magyars were forced to change their capital. To show his people how unwarlike he is, the king declared that his nation is filled with pacifists. Such an decision would help speed up improving the reputation. Ironically, this decision would only serve as a tool to increase the number of wars.

chapter49d.png
chapter49e.png

The colonization had gone uninterrupted during the war. The expansion had slowly moved into the Sweden area. However, troubling news came from the west. Rome has laid a claim on a Langobards province. With soldiers on the border and a claim, a clash between the two nations seemed inevitable.

chapter49g.png
chapter49f.png

The king had other plans as he decided to attack the Magyars once again.

chapter49h.png

YaY! A pending war with Rome.

This will either be the beginning of the end for one of the remaining great empires, hopefully it will be Rome and not the Langobards

Yikes! A pending war with Rome.

That's exactly how I felt at the time :p.

YaY! A pending war with Rome.

It's always fun to watch two empire collide :).

This will either be the beginning of the end for one of the remaining great empires, hopefully it will be Rome and not the Langobards

There's a problem here. If Rome does lose and get destroyed after a few wars, I would no longer have an worthy enemy in the late game. It's 300 and there's still 1710 years.

I would say ally and help Rome if you can, build them up so that eventually only you two are left as great players.

Also, I downloaded your save and it yielded some interesting things, especially about the Roman rulers.