• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's amazing, though i doubt you can successfully encircle Lublin...
Could you post the current estimation of allied forces (I found only the Soviet forces on June 15th, post #671) and your number of divisions, too?

Great to see you back ! :D France is done and Italy almost, second Barbarossa will come !
Logistical strikes on Lublin would be helpfull, and some intelligence reports.

Moar pls!

I'm about to go on a trip- I will post a double-update this weekend!

*EDIT* I really hate Imgur's new format. It makes organizing updates such a pain. Updates to come.

Last edited:
Reactions:
One of these days France will be useful. Thank you for another update.

Definitely- it'll be nice to use French divisions instead of Germans in the East for manpower purposes.

You are reached Soviet-German borders on June of 1941,congratz.Im guess you need a more garrisons to defend beaches in a French and Benelux,to sad,Spanish state has a minimal chance to join Axis block.

Yup- I'll be pulling some of the harder-hit forces from the Eastern Front for R&R in France in a month or two.

It's amazing, though i doubt you can successfully encircle Lublin...
Could you post the current estimation of allied forces (I found only the Soviet forces on June 15th, post #671) and your number of divisions, too?

I'll post stats next cabinet meeting.

Great to see you back ! :D France is done and Italy almost, second Barbarossa will come !
Logistical strikes on Lublin would be helpfull, and some intelligence reports.

Thanks! Intelligence reports will come next cabinet meeting.

I'm just waiting for France and Italy mopped up. Will free a lot of troops, but MP-Situation seems bad now. You are dangerously close to 0 now.

Yeah, manpower... isn't great. I think I can disband around 25-30 divisions without too much of a hassle, but it's not looking good. But that's part of the fun of the scenario!

Great to see you back!

Thank you!

Daybreak

June 1945

Week 4 Part 1

Model’s HQ June 22nd

We’re pushing back against the Red Menace!

Gwbvn9s.jpg

Due to public outcry, the Reich will be liberating East Prussia…

WkI6GO2.jpg

We’re being attacked in Plock meanwhile- but all is well.

IcWahax.jpg

We push them out of Allenstein easily…

ZjLOfUD.jpg

And Plock shortly afterwards.

LmUm4ic.jpg

Guderian’s HQ

We’re still pushing as hard as possible against Przemsyl!

Nvcl2pM.jpg

The Red Army retreated from Nowy Sacz, but some armor divisions move in shortly afterwards- we give them a warm welcome!

aDC359R.jpg

Despite a few V-1 Missile strikes, we are unable to beat the Russians to Przemsyl…

z9RcOqM.jpg

Naturally, we withdraw rather than waste any more lives.

rqnBvYr.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ June 23rd

The Americans are broken in Bourges- our Japanese ally is taking to the skies meanwhile to do the same to their air force!

dLIkrZu.jpg

Model’s HQ

We arrive in Allenstein- we should be able to hold against the Russians with a little support.

N8FJ8fl.jpg

Guderian’s HQ

We’re shuffling troops in and out of Lomza…

rZZI2Ux.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ

We are very close to advancing in Italy!

UbahZdL.jpg

Model’s HQ

More forces arrive in Allenstein- we refuse to back down!

x8wsMoc.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ June 24th

It is time to finish off the Americans- it won’t be long now.

SRMkIoO.jpg

They fall back with only a little pushing.

7Ipn0yR.jpg

Nothing can stop our 2nd victory over France!

8XSa81T.jpg

Patton wisely retreats after minimal fighting.

x3xPv0v.jpg

Keitel’s HQ

The Soviets are on the attack- we’ll need to pull forces away from Poland…

VfbhRJ2.jpg

Guderian’s HQ June 25th

We shuffle more troops out of Lomza- this is becoming a very costly battle. But we should be able to pull off the overrun soon.

xKvQtlW.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ

Patton’r retreat is cut off, and now General Hoth’s Panzers stand ready to assist the rest of the Ami’s total collapse!

i0Ac68g.jpg

Victory in France is assured within the week!

-End Update-
  • Part 2 will be up tonight or tomorrow.
  • Sadly, I couldn't take out Lublin- but that was a long-shot anyway.

Reactions:
So, once Ami has been cleared out of France, are you planning to return all German-held French provinces to the puppet government?

'Something' tells me the Soviets will be a greatest problem still, after 'liberation' of Italy and France.

Once you'll have nukes, perhaps it will be better to use it on their armies first. In that moment, try to lure Red Army divisions, as many as possible, into one place :p you know the dance.

'Something' tells me the Soviets will be a greatest problem still, after 'liberation' of Italy and France.

Once you'll have nukes, perhaps it will be better to use it on their armies first. In that moment, try to lure Red Army divisions, as many as possible, into one place :p you know the dance.

If he can stall the soviets long enough for French and italian troops to reinforce the lines, he will be fine.

A waste bomb wouldnt really do that much in damage, however bombing london will trigger british surrender easily. Obvious choice there.
It actually makes sense to stockpile at least 2 nukes for an offensive. Nuke key points, rush through and encircle.
Or break through the lines, try to encircle and nuke once you get significant resistance.

Due to public outcry, the Reich will be liberating East Prussia…

Seems like it won't be that easy though...

The Americans are broken in Bourges- our Japanese ally is taking to the skies meanwhile to do the same to their air force!

So that's what the Japanese were talking about when they mentioned this "divine wind" of theirs.

Great to see another update, I remember liking the conversations between staff before, did they just sort of fade out or did I miss something?

I liked them too... I write more for the cabinet meetings beginning of each month however. There's two reasons I don't write as much anymore- 1. I have more obligations now than I used to and so less time to devote to this, and 2. this is more of a gameplay-oriented AAR. I take 80-120 pics or so and then whittle it down to 40-60 for each week (and that's just for the European Theater) and there are only so many ways one can say "then I attacked Allenstein for the bajillionth time. Here I am, still attacking Allenstein." So I write less each update and save the dialogue for when I'm explaining strategy or to be funny.

If people want, I could cut down on the amount of pics and actually write stuff?

So, once Ami has been cleared out of France, are you planning to return all German-held French provinces to the puppet government?

I am already in the process- having a 100 IC puppet will prove very useful I'm sure.

Britain first- it may be an "unsinkable carrier" but it can be nuked!

let's hope you are able to summon a lot of French troops to save Germany from Red Army

They'll definitely help plug some gaps.

Your manpower is so low...

:(

If he can stall the soviets long enough for French and italian troops to reinforce the lines, he will be fine.

A waste bomb wouldnt really do that much in damage, however bombing london will trigger british surrender easily. Obvious choice there.
It actually makes sense to stockpile at least 2 nukes for an offensive. Nuke key points, rush through and encircle.
Or break through the lines, try to encircle and nuke once you get significant resistance.

That's the plan- though I won't have a bomb for awhile.

Seems like it won't be that easy though...

So that's what the Japanese were talking about when they mentioned this "divine wind" of theirs.

Ehh, most of those divisions bordering Prussia are very weak because they're the same hordes that keep entering Prussia only to get BTFO by Model. There are admittedly an awful lot of them though...

I feel awful guys, but I'm flying from D.C. back to Hawaii tomorrow, and I lollygagged too much today to get the update written and organized so no update today :(.

You need to secure Italy as soon as possible, you desperately need those 27 divisions. If I were you, I would leave the isles to the Allies for now, just secure the paeninsula and give it back to Salò. Give back also the Trivenetum area as it is a lot of IC and Italy needs it to be a good puppet.

Genoa is not possible to be invaded by sea, so move that MAS division to Florence

Reactions:
Just spent the last couple of days reading through this AAR and I have to say I'm impressed. I tried the 1945 (the 1944 not yet) once, and I quickly gave up on it. I left the difficulty setting to normal/standard, maybe I should have tried easy, the Soviets were constantly attackign me, and the Hungarians + Slovaks would quickly change sides on me and attack my units in their country :( Guess that's because it's a newer version of DH (1.4) and they can become Soviet Commie Satellites without being annexed first??

Anyway great gameplay, great narrative / style of narration. Hope to see this AAR back soon!

EDIT: I have one more question: Again due to wondering if you're playing 1.4 or older.. I started a 1944 Germany game, and I was unable to release a French puppet at all, even though the enemy only held Cherbourg and the one next to it, and had problems with others that I could release as well, i.e. Reichskommissariat Ost (for test purpose) would be released but only get 3 provinces, even though I controlled most of what it should be, and I couldn't manually transfer the rest via diplomacy because they weren't in the list. Same shit happened with RK Belgien+Nordfrankreich (so basically everything where the enemy has claims and it shows their flag as owner with you as occupier when you click the province). Is this a bug? Is this something that was done in 1.4 upgrade? Can anyone answer this?

Last edited: