• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poor feelings of Soldiers USSR/RF with your reality,they will march for Victory day in a winter day of December

The AI is...strange. I only wonder why I haven't seen any british progress in the screenshots - did they lose the war in the west? Did the Nazis actually retake France? It would be most ironic if they were having their last stand near Paris, nuking their former capital Berlin with their new Wunderwaffe as a retaliation against the Sovjets.

And I think that the first screenshot is at the wrong position: It should be posted in June, not one month later. It doesn't fit the description either.

Nah I'm pretty sure all he has are Panthers and King tigers in this scenario.(ignores all the mechanical problems in them and their production)

I would agree with this update but I just... can't. It's too disagreeable. :p

You know, the AI always seems to fluctuate in how good/bad it is. Sometimes I've seen AI Japan overrun China in less than a year, sometimes I've seen a more or less historical invasion pan out. But generally, players tend to get better results, as your demonstration shows.

I think the Japanese AI might actually be programmed NOT to win the war in this scenario! Even without any resistance at all, they couldn't take any land in China :confused:!

Yeah, we all noticed that by now. It's even more blatant in some mods like Kaiserreich:
I've seen everything from the Commune of France (usually) getting curbstomped by Germany, to it overrunning the German Empire in a matter of weeks (a lot less common) and somewhere in between.

The Ways of the AI are a mystery to all...

BEST
UPDATE
EVER

Thanks!

The horror. pls remove.

Remove what?

Poor feelings of Soldiers USSR/RF with your reality,they will march for Victory day in a winter day of December

Thankfully, it was all a terrible nightmare!

Oh god Eric, I was afraid you lost all your skills due to the too hot weather (at least in Italy we have this situation).

Don't you have some too-outdated model of tanks?

Nope! I just wanted to see how long it would take US to develop nukes, and I figured I'd take a few screenshots showing AI failure...

The Wehrmacht has a few '41 model divisions but most of the divisions are of the '43 model.

The AI is...strange. I only wonder why I haven't seen any british progress in the screenshots - did they lose the war in the west? Did the Nazis actually retake France? It would be most ironic if they were having their last stand near Paris, nuking their former capital Berlin with their new Wunderwaffe as a retaliation against the Sovjets.

And I think that the first screenshot is at the wrong position: It should be posted in June, not one month later. It doesn't fit the description either.

I was "playing" as the US, so I just forced peace with Germany via console command, and waited... so no, Germany did not take back France. AI-dolf Hitler was able to push a little into Italy but stalemated, while in the East the Germans got curb-stomped very shortly after.

The screenshot is accurate- within a month of the AI taking over, the Wehrmacht was suffering major defeats in the East.

Nah I'm pretty sure all he has are Panthers and King tigers in this scenario.(ignores all the mechanical problems in them and their production)

Germany has a few King Tiger brigades, but no full divisions of them. The Wehrmacht actually uses Panzer IVs as the main model, the 1945 model is the Panther (I assume the technology irons out all the flaws in their design).

I would agree with this update but I just... can't. It's too disagreeable. :p

WHAT :mad:!

So I take it we can conclude that the AI runs its army in a similar way to how the real Hitler did in 1944-45? And you
had your in game Hitler behave accordingly?

More or less!

Sorry for the delay everyone. Here's the June Cabinet Meeting!

Cabinet Meeting
The War Room in Berlin, June 1st

The Fuehrer stormed in the room with a scowl on his face.

“Er, is something wrong, Mein Fuehrer?” Bormann enquired.

“…It’s nothing. I just had this terrible nightmare I somehow completely bungled the war effort.”

“Funny, I had the same one…” Guderian muttered under his breath.

“Uhh, you’re not going to take it out on us, are you?” Bormann asked nervously. “Uhhh, forget I said that Mein Fuehrer. Let’s get the meeting started. First up, the military report.”

“Right. We’ll start with France:

8iYbgw3.jpg

The Wehrmacht currently fields 55 divisions in France, with a few more in transit. Factoring those in, we have a little over 60 divisions. The Americans are fielding around 50, but we’ll destroy 20 once von Manstein finishes in Normandy. Cherbourg is nearly ours. Once it’s taken, we might redeploy most of von Manstein’s panzers back to the Eastern Front.

YkkDjCS.jpg

Von Manteuffel, do you have anything to add?”

“I was curious as to how many panzer divisions would be redeployed. The Americans are still putting up a semblance of a fight in the south, and I intended to use von Manstein’s panzers to break them.”

“We’ll redeploy 4 after wiping the Americans out in Normandy. Send the rest ASAP. If that’s all, next is Italy:

b1vkvFq.jpg

This front has been mostly static, though the British did launch a few attacks recently. More importantly, General Montgomery’s army is exposed. We should be able to trap and destroy his army, and then we might be able to go on the offensive here. We’re going to play it safe and wait for victory in France first however. We’ve rechristened Jackboot to Karl der Grosse and are modifying the plan a little to accommodate the changes to the OOB. Kesselring, any insights?”

“None. I would like to add our motorized division will arrive in Pescara tomorrow, so there is almost no chance Montgomery will escape.”

“Excellent Albert. The Eastern Front:

dAatagP.jpg

The Wehrmacht is holding the line extremely well, although the southern half is becoming a concern. Once Karl Martell and Karl der Grosse are concluded, the Reich will have some options available to it. We’ll discuss strategy later. Lastly, the Pacific War is going well according to Field Marshal Yamashita:

b0N3f7e.jpg

Nationalist China will likely surrender in a little over two weeks…

C4sQHL0.jpg

And Yamashita’s army will enter the Communist stronghold of Yan’an in ten days. Axis victory in China is near. That concludes my military review.”

“Excellent work, men! Speer, production report?”

36s4bAS.jpg

“The Reich is currently building many V-1 flying rockets, which will deploy on the 12th. We are also continuing to turn Berlin into a fortress. Once the V-1 rockets complete, we have no plans for further production as of yet.”

“And how is the manpower situation?”

Speer paled.

“We need 750 points of manpower and have 500 in reserve. And we cannot afford to disband too many divisions. Hopefully, our French puppet will deploy some infantry divisions for us to use soon; let them take the casualties for us.”

“I would agree wholeheartedly with you Speer, if I trusted a Frenchman to perform remotely as well as our heroic soldiers! Guderian, I want you to find any divisions which can be safely and reasonably disbanded.”

“Kirchner’s cavalry divisions would make a good start- they’re more appropriate for a war in 1845 than 1945, and they’re understrength too.”

“A keen observation, Guderian. Schellie, Tech and Intelligence?”

“Ya’know, why do I sometimes do technology updates, and sometimes Speer does it? Make up your mind!”

“Don’t blame me Schellie, it’s Bormann who schedules these things! Now hurry up so the generals and I can discuss grand strategy!”

“Sheesh, okay. We’ll start with the Amis:

UjQD8V7.jpg

I think those numbers are being a little harsh on their army, I’m sure it’s slightly larger than that. If not, we’ll likely wipe out their entire army by the time we conclude things in France. The important matter is the status of their research into nuclear weapons: the absolute earliest they could have an atomic bomb is February 1946.”

“Whew! That’s a huge, huge weight off my back! When’s the earliest we could have a bomb?” Hitler asked excitedly.

“…Errrr, well there are a lot of factors in that ya’know… well anyway, let’s look at the UK:

LjhXV6h.jpg

There isn’t much to say about them. We know half of their army is in Italy, and we assume maybe a quarter is in India/Burma, a quarter in Britain itself, and they presumably have a few scattered divisions throughout the rest of the Empire. The British have a nuclear weapons program as well, as I previously established. I think they are slightly ahead of our program, but they have the advantage of American blueprints. Next, the Soviet bear:

xZzBuei.jpg

The Red Army is as massive as it was before. I don’t have much to add except this production report provided from my man in Moscow:

DLJCaMS.jpg

The Red Navy is going to have five shiny new cruisers in ’47, and hopefully no new army divisions- just look at that manpower deficit!”

“A testament to my brilliant mind of course… and my generals’ tactical skill too, of course.”

“Undoubtedly. And here’s our technology update:

uKHhkds.jpg

Heisenberg is three-quarters complete with his current research. When he finishes, we should be able to expand Project: Surtr’s nuclear reactor. We’ve made good progress on our new computer technology as well, Zuse is already nearly a fifth complete. Krupp has just finished new designs and production techniques which should allow the Wehrmacht to produce Panther tanks efficiently enough to allow us to use them as our standard instead of Panzer IVs. Krupp is currently testing their prototypes now. That concludes the technology report.”

“Fantastic! Speer, as soon as Krupp’s tests succeed (because I know they will, or they will be in the kind of trouble reserved for those who anger the Fuehrer!), begin production of a new division of Panther tanks. I know we probably shouldn’t, but I bet the presence of a new, modern panzer division on the Eastern Front would do wonders for morale- not to mention, it would be a terror to the Bolshevik monsters.”

“I must disagree with that decision, mein Fuehrer, but it will be done, don’t worry.”

“I shouldn’t have to worry, Speer. Generals, shall we discuss strategy now?”

“Yes. Since victory is likely near in France, and our plan for Italy is already more or less made and will likely succeed, we need to decide what to do afterwards. We’ve come up with a large-scale plan for our actions the rest of the year. We call it Operation: Respite. Respite’s objectives are, in order of importance:
  1. To prepare Germany for a war lasting at least another three years.
    1. The Soviet Union must be contained.
    2. The Wehrmacht will need to be reorganized, reinforced, repaired, and upgraded.
    3. New industry must be built, safe from Allied bombers and the Red Army.
  2. To turn the United Kingdom into an irrelevancy.
    1. Runway Cratering will ground the Allied airforce.
    2. Logistical Strikes will destroy British infrastructure, hampering movement and slowing repairs.
    3. Strategic Bombardment will ruin British industry.
    4. V-2 missiles, based in Amsterdam and Cherbourg, will accomplish this task.
  3. To reduce the size of the Red Army.
    1. Encirclements, and dive-bombing of weakened divisions, will accomplish this.
That may be a lot to handle; do you have any questions mein Fuehrer?”

“How do points one and three differ from what we have been doing previously?”

“Well, point three has been what we’ve been doing the whole time. As for point one- Model, explain your idea to the Fuehrer please.”

“What we’ll do, is we’ll try to divide all our armies into groups of three or so. We’ll pull one group from each province along the front, and put it in a province behind the main line, forming a reserve. These reserve forces, in addition to forming a safety net of sorts in the event of a Soviet breakthrough, will be prioritized for reinforcement and upgrade. That way, tired, understrength divisions can be pulled from the front, and come back in a couple of weeks fresh and armed with the latest, greatest German weapons.”

“I don’t like the idea of a reserve. That will just encourage the frontline troops to retreat! I’m vetoing this- :eek: err, why are you all glaring at me like that?”

“…”

“…”

“…”

:confused:

:mad:

“…I mean, that sounds like an excellent idea, I’ll consider it! But maybe you should reconsider Operation: Audacious or Operation: Teutonic. I want to go on the offensive ASAP! I like the sound of point 2 though. Can you elaborate on that?”

“Goering! Wake up! We finally have something for you to say!”

“Huh? Wuzzat! Leggo’ my eggo!”

“Goering, tell Hitler all those things you told me a couple days ago.”

“About those paintings I’m borrowing? Or my favorite donut fillings?”

“Are either of those things relevant to these meetings?”

“How should I know! Doenitz- mhhhhmmmm, donuts- and I are usually asleep for these meetings. Von Ribbentropp just slips out sometimes, and slinks back in unexpected. And I don’t even remember the last time I saw Walther Buch. So I guess you mean about Britain, huh? Well, here’s my handy-dandy map of Britain:

YWnugdN.jpg

The black x’s are airfields which will be put out of commission by a storm of V-2s. Green x’s are areas slated for logistical strikes. Our strategic bombing campaign will target the whole island! I circled the location I deemed best in the event we choose to invade Britain. It has a port, and it’s on the North Atlantic so hopefully we could convoy supplies and reinforcements there more easily than along the Channel. But there’ll be no need to invade Britain anyway, by the time I’m through with them, the island will be nothing but dust!” Goering boasted.

“You’ve always been a bit pompous, Hermann. Do our V-2s really have the capability?”

“V-2 strategic missiles are cheap, can be produced quickly, and can reach any province on the whole island. My only concern is the Luftwaffe is extremely far behind on Strategic Bombing doctrines, so we may need to get up to pace. Or, we could just build so many V-2s inefficiency won’t be a problem. Either way, I know I can bring perfidious Albion to his knees!”

“You said that in ’41…”

Goering scowled. “That was different. This time, we have wunderwaffen! How can we fail?”

“Hmmm, well, it sounds to me like you all have this in hand. I demand some offensive action in the East however! I’ll let you all try this crazy plan, but only if it means we’ll be on the offensive in ’46.”

“Of course Mein Fuehrer…”

“I’m glad we are all on the same page then. Bormann, dismiss this meeting, please.”

“That concludes the meeting everyone. Goodbye.”

A few minutes later…

“Hey huys, sorry I’m late! Here’s the foreign… hey, where is everybody!?”

Dejected, von Ribbentropp left for home.

-End Meeting-

Reactions:
Nice update, i think thats it. France and Italy are just a matter of time, and the sovjet Armys will fade with every battle.
If you got some wasted IC, build more V2s.

Excellent! I do not approve of the English mission names (not even Hitler would be so mad, why not call it "Operation Morgendämmerung", "Operation Donnergrollen" or something like that?) but beside that this is an excellent upgrade.

And seriously, one might think that Hitler invited the Americans to attack France just so that it would be easier to kill their soldiers by now - with the smaller distance and all. That and to capture their oil reserves to use them in the East. France looks far too easy right now.

Last edited:
Nice work Herr general. Nice to know the old reliable Pz IV is still used (wonder if we go far enough forward whether Nazi Leopard 1s show up or not, wish I had DH now). Also I like Goering's idea, hopefully unlike real life we don't have bribed spies saying we missed London. No comic for a few days as I'm on vacation.

A Soviet with no manpower is no Soviet!

Reactions:
This is all a conspiriacy

USA is giving oil to the Soviet Union, and the Soviet Union is giving oil to Japan....so USA is giving Japan oil:eek:

Illuminati confirmed!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions:
Eric8344: How did you manage to bleed the Soviets that dry to the point where they have literally none in reserve?
I would have figured that they'd have a ton of manpower in reserve.