• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice update! Soon China will be united!

Reactions:
Even if you reach Iran as Japan,I get the feeling the AI might refuse to dow the Soviets...
On a side note did you get the idea about the crazy meeting hours of the German cabinet from Downfall?
Amd most important question:How did you stop the Soviets?Even if you destroyed the Balkan infra,how did you stop them at the other sectors?
Keep up the good work.

Hm...I'm not sure how old he was, especially since a moth passed since then. But I do think he was still working and not retired. But ignorance knows no age nor gender.

Gukpa: Thanks! Japan will surely bring prosperity to China!

Ericafaq:
What's this talk of a "Nanjing Banner?" Chiang Kai-shek is the pretender, he has perverted the teachings of the good Sun Yat-sen! Wang Jingwei remembers the Three Principles well: Nationalism (Service to Japan is the best way to restore Chinese pride!), Democracy (Dictator chosen by Japanese officials represents the people best), and Welfare (of Japan)!

Baltasar: My plan is to return military control once India is conquered. At the very least, I want to secure Burma and Calcutta- from there, I figure the AI will handle things on their own, albeit very slowly.

Bill1993:
Japan will not declare war on the Soviets and the Soviets won't declare war until I'm dead. I would manually declare war, or maybe create an event if I choose to do that. I'm still undecided. At any rate, Japan would not enter the war against the Soviets until Spring 1946 at the earliest anyway.

The crazy cabinet meeting hours are more a reference to the fact that in-game, 0:00 is usually the most convenient time to save and quit than anything else.

You've seen how I've held off the Soviets! Lots and lots of costly counterattacks. It's not a war-winning strategy but it will buy me time, either for nuclear weapons, a Japanese intervention, or to build up a strong French puppet.

LanMisa:
Very true.

der Kriegsherr:
Yes! Japan will bring enlightenment to the masses of Asia!

Previously, on the AAR…
  • Germany has done its best to conserve oil in preparation for Karl Martell, the second conquest of France.
  • The Reich has removed several divisions from the Eastern Front for Karl Martell. Combined with the lack of oil, has caused some stress along the Front. The Wehrmacht is determined to keep the Soviet’s in check.
  • Japan has destroyed the majority of the Chinese Army and has occupied Chongqing. IJA forces are marching to Ge’ermu to put an end to Chiang Kai-shek’s regime. Meanwhile, the USA has landed multiple divisions in Hong Kong, only for them to be immediately wiped out by crack IJA soldiers.
Daybreak
May 1945
Week 2 Part 1: D-Day

Guderian’s HQ May 8th

Despite High Command’s desire to maintain as much fuel for D-Day, Guderian decided preventing a Soviet build-up in Poland was more important. After all, what good does victory in France mean if we lose the Vistula, Germany’s best hope to hold back the Soviet armies?

bL4ZYnR.jpg

2SKcYJA.jpg

Model’s HQ
The Soviets withdraw from Allenstein after losing 27,000 men, 9x the losses the Wehrmacht sustained.

Kc9aFD2.jpg

Guderian’s HQ May 9th

By 15:00, Germany had won two more battles along the Eastern Front. Hopefully, Guderian thought, this would buy Germany time to knock the Allies out of France. Maybe Hitler would see reason then and a peace could be concluded.

C92zEPV.jpg

Speer’s Office May 10th

Speer couldn’t sleep- the invasion of the West was due in just a few hours. He was busy figuring out how to put Konrad Zuse’s new decryption device to good use.

GyQLz8X.jpg

He had also been informed by a spy, code-named Oida, that Soviet formations may be vulnerable to V-1 strikes. Speer decided the cost to build and deploy the “wonder weapons” was cheap enough to warrant an experiment.

xEyCF5R.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ

The Luftwaffe will be providing support for this battle in a major way, at least long enough to achieve the first breakthrough.

kjcWIyI.jpg

S3QAOWu.jpg

V1WwBDg.jpg

Von Manteuffel couldn’t wait to see the looks on the surrendering Americans’ faces- they were about to face over 24 panzer divisions!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General MacArthur was not happy. First, his brilliant plan to invade Japan had been scrapped in favor of suicidal piece-meal landings in Hong Kong. And then, apparently Eisenhower had succeeded in getting the USAAF transferred back to Europe- months of planning wasted! And now those fool pilots were bombing the wrong side! He was striding to the nearest radio when General Catroux rushed to him, flustered:

“Zee Germans! Zey are, ah, how you say-”

“I’ve got no time for this! I need to stop those damn novice pilots before they get us all killed!”

“Zat’s what Ah ehm zaying! It’s zee Germans!”

“Preposterous!”

“Zee for yourself!”

He handed MacArthur a pair of binoculars, which the general promptly looked through.

MacArthur’s signature corncob pipe fell out of his mouth. “That is a lot of tanks.” He lamely observed.

w4bkj7n.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Skies above France

Allied soldiers were being pummeled by a large German bombing force. Just north, Allied bombers which had been harassing the troops at Le Havre were intercepted. We will remind the Allies why they once feared us- the Luftwaffe flies again!

ARugRYv.jpg

coPAv4g.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ

The battle was over almost as soon as it had begun. The rechristened Heersgruppe Manstein would spearhead the attack.

rAoX1Sj.jpg

Forward forces consisting of a mechanized division and a motorized division would arrive just a few hours later.

v50VyZT.jpg

MacArthur recovered from the shock quickly and launched a counterattack. His troops were still shell-shocked, however, with only a single division able to effectively fight.

iofhkZ1.jpg

The arrival of von Manstein’s armored divisions will soon put an end to this farce.

2sGjx6H.jpg

The invasion of the West had begun…

-To Be Continued…-​

Last edited:
Reactions:
Still wondering if the Wehrmacht should aggregate more fuel before resuming that kind of operation. Might bite them in the arse if they run out of fuel just short of destroying those American occupation forces. May be a more conventional, infantry based attack would suffice? The southern half of the American front looks somewhat fragile.

Other than that, I wonder how you plan to encircle the Americans in such a way that they can not retreat to their precious fleets.

Well, the plan is to first split Normandy and Brittany from the rest of France- the Allies would then have to create three separate stockpiles for me to capture. From there, I'll capture the Channel Ports and Marseilles. Then I won't need to destroy the Allied armies; I'll just starve them out as I will be in control of the ports.

Update tomorrow.

Baltasar: I use up around 200 a day, more if I use the Luftwaffe. And I can't limit fuel usage too much because I need to continuously counterattack the Soviets. I had enough to achieve a quick breakthrough and exploit it, which was all I really need. The rest of the oil can come from Allied stockpiles! Believe me, I'm going to have TREMENDOUS amounts of fun once I get a quadruple digits oil stockpile!

Maciej-Kamil: Heheh, well, there is a small garrison there... maybe they'll launch a daring raid right into Hamburg somehow?

der Kriegsherr: Who needs oil when you have the Fuehrer's constant beratement encouragement?

Daybreak
May 1945
Week 2 Part 2: Opening Moves

Guderian’s HQ May 11th

The Soviets withdraw from Tarnow, taking a whopping 35,000 casualties in the short battle. The Swiss, meanwhile, have demobilized their army- odd, given the current offensive in the West.

qwOMIEy.jpg

Von Rundstedt’s HQ

Marshal Zhukov himself was commanding troops in Gyor- perhaps the Soviets were planning a major offensive here. Well, if that was their plan, it’s just been disrupted.

pNkBqwL.jpg

Von Manteuffel’s HQ May 12th

An attack on Caen fails- we won’t be able to pincer strike the Americans in Normandy. This will make things more difficult…

Pu6PaHx.jpg

Keitel’s HQ May 13th

Another attack on Banska Bystrica.

BrohF8c.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ

A joint Italian-German attack is launched on Grenoble. Hopefully we can wrap things up quick in France, so reinforcements can be used to smash the Brits!

WriOhkS.jpg

Speaking of which, his adversary General Montgomery had not yet realized his blunder, and was still marching to his doom.

vcSUDax.jpg

Von Manteffel’s HQ May 14th

Another attack on Le Creusot- but this time, we intend to take it!

KWwaXq2.jpg

General Hoth’s panzers arrive in Le Mans, overrunning several Allied divisions.

5G59lm6.jpg

The road to Rennes is clear! A lone HQ lies in our way.

Kz2hrdE.jpg

The Wehrmacht will see the destruction of all Allied soldiers in Europe! That is a promise!

2B42xa6.jpg

Keitel’s HQ

Soviet armor is being pummeled in Banska Bystrica.

SsaE1z6.jpg

Von Manteuffel's HQ

American officers are defending their outpost to the last, firing pistols ineffectively at the panzers.

BItJlj0.jpg

Von Manstein’s arrival ensures their defeat.

knswj7V.jpg

Model’s HQ

Model was alarmed to find the Soviets launching an attack at Elbing! This is the first time they’ve taken the offensive here in a long time. We’ll make them pay for desecrating German land!

fqk44Vb.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ

Von Mackensen and Rendulic will soon cross into France, whereupon they will be placed under von Manteuffel’s command. Things are going to get cramped for the Americans in France soon!

nkquAki.jpg

-End Week-
  • Forwards!
  • The hardest part of this will be maintaining the corridor along Chartres-Rennes. I don’t have enough infantry divisions to man the corridor. If I capture a port, it won’t even matter if I’m cut off, though that would be less than ideal obviously.
  • You can already make out where the pockets should be if all goes well.
  • I decided to make this week two small updates rather than one normal sized one. I felt D-Day was worth focusing on.
  • Montgomery is determined to let me destroy his army I guess. I always felt he was an over-rated general, but...

Reactions:
Brilliant Update.How many manpower Soviets have to keep attack?

Who needs oil when you have the Fuehrer's constant beratement encouragement?

Fuehrer iz love. Fuehrer iz life.

The Americans will now understand why the French surrendered back in '40.

Reactions:
Eric,how you got revolt in a core Province (Bolzano)?I know,its a Italian province,but,as i remember Reich have a core on it