• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks to these videos, I'm considering the official end to this AAR will be Hitler & company being put into stasis aboard the Botany Bay

[video=youtube_share;qPca50f-QzU]http://youtu.be/qPca50f-QzU?t=2s[/video]

[video=youtube_share;aexqRUzHAQc]http://youtu.be/aexqRUzHAQc[/video]

GreatM: Always good to bring out the lurkers! Thanks for the support.

Lucifer, foriavik, & Doctor Stein: I wish I could say they were mine, but the Doctor is right, they're Hitler Rants Parodies. There's another one with Hitler as Kirk- it's an epic 3-parter if I recall correctly!

I'm worried I might not get to work on the next update this week, so I'm just going to put out another words-free (mostly) Japan update in the meantime.

"One Hundred Million With One Spirit"

lpULhVm.jpg

YtSPoQc.jpg

GmWTsLs.jpg

Bnlh39e.jpg

CZZj13j.jpg

YOSqhnQ.jpg

JV7ZO4h.jpg

eaztySi.jpg

aqL9KKA.jpg

xDVtwXb.jpg

2HElJW4.jpg

zOhfTBz.jpg

pQRjlBc.jpg

81SOJx2.jpg

hYtvcFj.jpg

*Chinese Doenitz :eek:hmy: !?*

d44bvM1.jpg

YZH5PH2.jpg

cQlHj9P.jpg

RHKVNJI.jpg

MLyuQ76.jpg

-End Update-

Last edited:
Nice Job :D How much IC the Nanking China have?

Messy borders amongst dem Asians.

Gukpa: 43 base, I believe. I'm surprised at how quickly the Chinese are collapsing!

foriavik: Yup. Can't have any spoilers!

Doctor Stein: The truth is out there... in this AAR to be precise. Stay tuned!

Nikolai: I'm hoping the borders will clean-up after China is annexed. I might create an event to clean the borders up if I need to though.

Previously, on the AAR…
• All’s Quiet on the Western Front.
• A large Soviet armored force is trapped in Pola!
• Soviet forces along the front are pushed back.
• Army Group Italy is in a precarious position due to an unguarded flank.
• Operation: Have-Japan-Win-the-War-For-Us is going smoothly.

The Darkest Hour
April 1945
Week 1: Fools in April!
8:00 April 1st

A new Flemish state is created to be led by Staf De Clercq. Hopefully they will provide some troops to garrison the coast.

wpkdrqH.jpg

Von Rundstedt’s HQ

Dietrich’s panzers are under attack! Von Manstein will arrive in a few days- we can’t afford to let the Soviets break-out!

TAFGz1l.jpg

We’re also being attacked in Maribor… the situation looks grim… Von Rundstedt prepares to evacuate the troops.

7tHUafn.jpg

Manteuffel’s HQ

Business as usual in France. No rest for the Americans (Or us)!

Y6Pvfb7.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ

General Montgomery is forced to withdraw from Ancona under a large bombing raid.

PYhoKAQ.jpg

Model’s HQ

Get the Plock outta here!

nZAIA18.jpg

Von Rundstedt’s HQ April 2nd

With Capodistria captured, we can withdraw from Maribor. High Command hopes against hope to kick the Russians out after Pola is ours.

ZHeClAz.jpg

Guderian’s HQ April 3rd

Guderian decides now’s a good time as ever for his proposed encirclement of Ostroleka. In Prussia, Model has kicked the Russians out of Allenstein as well.

ptrxZR2.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ April 4th

Troops arrive in Florence, securing the flank. Meanwhile, Army Group Danube has ejected the Russians from Banska Bystrica in a lopsided battle.

qUbVFZM.jpg

Model’s HQ

Russian and Serb forces led by Marshal Tito attack us in Plock.

9612M6y.jpg

The attack on Lomza is going well. Model only needs to hold out long enough for Guderian to trap Tito’s troops!

2Wpv6tK.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ April 5th

Florence holds, our army is secure…

6svo1kh.jpg

Well, the flank is anyway.

lGE6KCs.jpg

N5h6oq9.jpg

Manteuffel’s HQ April 7th

Patton’s attacking us in Troyes, as usual. An attack on Chartres should stop the Americans in their tracks.

hpTt6id.jpg

GyuBJqA.jpg

Von Rundstedt’s HQ

Von Manstein arrives in Karlovac, securing our position around Pola. Von Rundstedt orders the assault on Pola to begin!

767PCiK.jpg

i1gaQfB.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ

A military coup! In South America!? Shocking :rolleyes: . Perugia is not in great shape. Kesselring’s army will move into Perugia; this time a token force will be moved to Florence to prevent another embarrassing near-catastrophe.

AbKMGz8.jpg

Guderian’s HQ

Victory in Lomza! Our panzers will arrive in three days, trapping roughly 12 Soviet infantry divisions!

BuJ1CAV.jpg

-End Week-​

• I made a few odd decisions these two weeks. When I loaded up to check the name of the Flanders guy, I saw I was redeploying armor divisions… to put down a partisan uprising :wacko: !? I think I was playing very late. Probably not the best time to play, but so far it’s worked out!
• Pola= 13 divisions [EDIT:] and possibly a few more, depending on where the Russians in Karlovac are retreating to [EDIT:] , Ostroleka = 12, + 5 from Memel = 30 divisions total (assuming I succeed in destroying them). The Soviets have, to be generous to my mental health, 600 divisions (probably, well, definitely more than that. But let’s pretend!). So, if I kill 30 divisions every 4 months, it’ll only take 3 years to halve the Red Army! Then I can fight them on a kinda close to equal footing!
• Of course, things will go downhill very quickly if I can’t stabilize the Balkans (militarily, that is. If I meant politically, it’d be hopeless!). The AI knows just when to strike- as soon as your hopes start to rise a bit! I think I should be able to push the Russians out though, once Pola’s wiped out.

Last edited:
Reactions:
All quiet on the Western Front as usual, I see. WW1 redux.:p

All quiet on the Western Front as usual, I see. WW1 redux.:p

Yep, but at least he is advancing in Italy ! After the Allied evacuation of Italy, these German troops will be decisive in the battle of France, and after the retreat of the Americans from France, he could have a chance agains the Russians! :D
That's a domino effect.

I would have never seen this crazy AAR if you hadn't posted in my AAR. And what a great AAR I would have missed!

This shows that it will take quite a while until Robots take over - how a human can beat the AI in (real-life or PC vs PC) long-lost situation if he knows a few things about the rules always amuses me. Fancy taking over the world with Ryukyu?

If possible, create the generalgouvernment polen :v

Nikolai: Yup. All that's missing is the pointless bloodbaths, thankfully.

Migthy: Advancing in Italy? Not quite. That's the front that's most WWI like at the moment, actually.

LanMisa: Haha, well thank you. I'm actually a bit of a one-trick pony though- HoI/AoD/DH is the only Paradox game I'm not rubbish at- so no Ryuku world conquest I'm afraid. Long Live Carthage!

Gukpa: Why? The General Government is even worse than the Reichkomissariats! Also, last update I said the Wang Jingwei regime has about 43 IC. They actually have about 33.

Previously, on the AAR…
• 13 Soviet divisions, including 7 armored divisions, are trapped in Pola. We attack!
• Meanwhile, Guderian attempts to encircle another 12 Soviet divisions.
• Kesselring secures Army Group Italy’s position.
• The Americans launch an attack on Troyes. We respond with an attack on Chartres.

The Darkest Hour
April 1945
Week 2: Spring Awakening
Von Rundstedt’s HQ

The attack on Pola is going quite well! We expect victory soon. Not even the Soviet Union can shrug off the loss of seven armored divisions!

DR7s0D7.jpg

Manteuffel’s HQ

As expected, Patton ends the attack on Troyes.

5JEfW2H.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ

Sadly, we cannot advance into Cassino. Jackboot will be put on hold until reinforcements arrive to tip the scales.

1pBJoiy.jpg

Von Runstedt’s HQ

At 19:00 hours, the intense fighting in Pola stopped, and von Rundstedt and von Manstein met with the Soviet commanders to accept their surrender.

dVt5Hmv.jpg

A surrendering Russian tank crew, Pola 1945.

unuO967.jpg

Heads will roll in the Kremlin tonight!

Manteuffel’s HQ

German troops are in good spirits upon hearing the news of Pola. Our attack on Chartres is going well, especially with the additional support of troops from Troyes.

Bq1K6l1.jpg

In the South, another lone armor division is pushed out of Grenoble.

Wz36lB7.jpg

Army Group Danube

Banska Bystrica is retaken!

H6HMN2g.jpg

And lost.

JrvyyYl.jpg

Model’s HQ

We hold Plock! In France, the Americans withdraw from Le Creusot after a bloody (by the standards of the Western Front) battle.

XCoc590.jpg

Tito’s troops are now facing the full strength of Model’s army!

fX17GuR.jpg

Guderian arrives in Lomza…

TZLSuXG.jpg

And Marshal Tito and his field army surrender!

VjCqooV.jpg

They can be beaten.

Manteuffel’s HQ

High Command suspects if the Americans lose Chartres, they will be unable to maintain their position. Manteuffel will test this theory.

COdYrib.jpg

High Command’s suspicions seem correct- the Americans would be unable to hold if we were to launch a real offensive. In the meantime, it’s high time we push the Americans across the Seine.

HrALiQY.jpg

Kesselring’s HQ

We hold Perugia… barely.

rzFVseZ.jpg

Model’s HQ

Another attack on Plock. Model will withdraw if need be, but High Command feels we hold the advantage… for the moment.

WLqJbIw.jpg

Manteuffel’s HQ

Let’s see how long it will take for the Allies to push us out. We can’t fool around too long though, some of our divisions are dangerously understrength!

bdmyIy7.jpg

General Dietl’s men will secure Le Havre by April 20th, as a birthday present for the Fuehrer.

35w1cbw.jpg

Model’s HQ

The Russians are moving a lot of troops into Prussia… maybe they’ve learned not to underestimate us!

plUc7rQ.jpg

We’ll try and eject them. If we can’t, Model will withdraw from Plock and we’ll try again later.

nu5fiYR.jpg

Hitler’s Office

The Bolshevik fools have set up a puppet in Hungary! Bah! We’ll free them from Stalinist yoke soon. Then, they can live under Nazi yoke instead!

7Jg52zb.jpg

The extensive bunker system which will house our nuclear reactor, code name, Project: Surtr is finished. The reactor will be up and running very, very soon. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

BfVNbgU.jpg

You better watch out, Joe; this will turn the tide. Then I’m coming for you, Harry, and your little Bulldog too!

os5XbxV.jpg

Nfp7UE1.jpg

-End Week-
-End Chapter-

• Everything’s going smoothly at the moment! Hopefully, by the end of 1945 the Allies will be out of Europe. Then, I can really take the fight to the Soviets!
• What’s everyone’s opinion on continued military control over Japan? I’m thinking I might hand control back after an invasion of India. After all, the Japanese won’t fight the Russians, so the only really important thing they could do, they won’t.
• Wow, let me say, it’s been a long haul. I just want to give a big “Thank you!” to all my readers, and a “THANK YOU!” to the commenters!

Well, Chapter 1 is finally over! It began with Germany in a hopeless position: understrength, under-supplied, and stuck between three powerful enemies; unlikely to last through 1945. It ends with the Axis in a tough spot, but with a very real chance at survival. In France, the Western Allies can be ejected as soon as we’re ready. Italy remains a stalemate, but one in our favor (the British have 70-80 divisions there! Germany has only 40.) On the Eastern Front, we remain on the defensive, but we’ve struck some major blows and shown Germany is still a threat. In the Orient, Japan is losing the Pacific War, but is winning the war in Asia proper (and they say “never start a land war in Asia!”), and is far from defeat. My hope is, by the end of Chapter 2, Germany will be ready to wage an offensive war in the East again, and by the end of Chapter 3, who knows?

For now though, I need to focus on school and other things. During the interlude, I will post some stuff though. I will definitely be doing a speech, and cabinet meetings for the USSR, Italy, Japan, the USA, and the UK. As I’ve mentioned before, feel free to provide ideas (or your own work! But I’ve given up on the idea pretty much). Chapter 2 will probably begin again in January, maybe later.

Last edited:
19 divisions destroyed, that's great! I wonder, though, how many Stalin got from our good old coastless admiral...

Italy remains a stalemate, but one in our favor (the British have 70-80 divisions there! Germany has only 40.)

Time for Steiner's attack?

Focus on school, by all means. That's important.:) The Reich is progressing fine. Thankfully that didn't happen in OTL.;)

I still don't get how you nearly managed to throw the Allies back into the sea. Mostly because I don't own any HoI game and thus know nothing about the game mechanics. Very impressive!

I do wonder why the Allies didn't drop the bomb on you already. There were concrete plans to throw it on my hometown of Dresden but the war was (thankfully) over beforehand. And since you are definitely a big threat to them they should aim for you instead of Japan...

By the way, why can't Japan attack the Bear? I still don't understand why they didn't do so in real life - Russia would have provided them with all the ressources needed to ignore the American Embargo. And Russia wouldn't have survived a Pincer attack - many of the Divisions that threw Hitler's soldiers back in 1942 came from the Far East. But so is life. Keep going with Japan - this should give them enough power to distract the Americans from Europe just enough to give you an opening there. Or trading opportunities to fill your empty storages.

By the way, why can't Japan attack the Bear? I still don't understand why they didn't do so in real life - Russia would have provided them with all the ressources needed to ignore the American Embargo. And Russia wouldn't have survived a Pincer attack - many of the Divisions that threw Hitler's soldiers back in 1942 came from the Far East. But so is life. Keep going with Japan - this should give them enough power to distract the Americans from Europe just enough to give you an opening there. Or trading opportunities to fill your empty storages.

IIRC Japan decided strongly against going north for expansion due to the results of some border skirmishes against the Soviet Union, especially the Battle of Khalkin Gol along the Mongolian border. Their defeat at Khalkin Gol sort of taught them not to mess with the Red Army...also the Japanese were kinda bogged down in an immense ground war with China so I am pretty sure they would not have wanted to start yet another huge land war against a country that had alot more industrial and military strength than they did.

Anyways, good update. I am amazed you are still able to keep fighting, and actually to make some major gains in places like the Western front.

I am flabergasted and awed and impressed and many other adjectives. You are still alive and you will probably even make it into 1946. Wow.

While I admire your confidence, I came to a conclusion, that your strategy is absolutely unsustainable in the long term. Soon, Murricans will start raining nukes on you and there is not much you can do about it. Also, you are bleeeding manpower at a pretty constant rate of about a point a day - and there are no more mobilization steps for you to recover at least some losses. Basically, I think that by 1947 at the latest, Germany will be reduced int radioactive rubble and your MP will be bled dry. Unless some miracle happens.

And you did deliver on the miracle front until now, so who knows? I am very much looking forward to following this AAR until the end, whatever form that might take.