• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((It had no effect on the politics of the realm, after all.))

Reactions:
((Very well. The trial shall be posted as a recording then. ICs posted by Luftwafer are thereby also recordings of the past until the trial has been completed. Otherwise it might create an odd story should he be sentenced to death. I'll post the update then :) ))

((For the trial Dan will be controlling Alexander, due to time zone issues. Im sure with his fantastic Record with Trials he will win me the case, and trick everyone into thinking I'm innocent.))

Reactions:
((thanks to @delpiero1234 for being Prince Matthew, and @Cheffy for playing as Alexander of Huntingdon))

The crisp air pervaded the moors as the party searched for some game in Yorkshire. Duke Bourchier stood proud on his dessier, the young Prince with a air of confidence about his person. Beside them, and a little behind, was Prince Matthew’s young squire and Duke Bourchier’s future son-in-law, Alexander of Huntingdon.

Matthew: I’m glad you could make to Yorkshire, James. Matthew believes he hears some deer and looks around but it turns out to be nothing.

James: I am lucky, my Prince, with the recent court cases, your mother had called my person back to the mainland, to preside over the cases, as is my duty being a judge to the realm. But no matter to my person, how have you been?

Matthew: Are you growing old, my friend? There has been an attempt on my life!

James: The news had failed to reach my ears, I fear even in the capital, couriers are slow. But I see that you were able to fend those felons off, I am most proud of you my Prince, to be able to fend off an assassin is no mean feat.

Matthew: That’s nothing to be proud of James. Without Alexander calling the royal guards in time I would have been dead, given that they outnumbered me. This squire turned out to be more useful than I thought.

Alexander: It is still my lack of a quicker reaction that you got scarred ser. I apologise for that.

James: You were still successful, good fellow, for which I, and I am sure the realm, is most grateful for. So, my Prince, is there a particular reason to call this hunt, it is a most wonderful place to have a quiet talk after all.

Matthew: I like to go hunting because it helps me relax with all my work. I had planned to talk about more pleasant things but with the attempt on my life I feel that we should discuss safety percussions.

James: I am surprised your mother hadn’t organized a armed guard for yourself, with you being so close to being of age, it should be her utmost importance to protect her son, and thus her heir.

Alexander’s breathing increased

James: I must admit, I am at a loss to who would attempt upon your life. But I would certainly recommend to your mother that you are protected by an ensemble of guards for now. Hears a low rustling, and thus cautions the Prince and the squire, to be quiet

Matthew: Whispers It could be a deer. Anyways, more guards do not solve the problem. You live in isolated Iceland where life is safe. What do you think about calling for a general investigation of the nobility.
Matthew spots the deer, a fine buck, and looses an arrow but misses. The deer runs. And then a second shot is taken, but this time from Alexander, and it impales finely into the flank of the deer, cutting deep. The deer falters, and its legs fall out from under it.

As he finishes off the buck, James commends Alexander for his fine shooting, and answers Prince Matthew

James: That would be wise, then there can be no doubt on who could have done it, just don’t send too many individuals my way, you hear?, teasing the prince.

Matthew: I’m not amused by your humour today.

Alexander: If I may, my Lords ?

Matthew: Sure, what is it Alex?

Alexander: Thank you sire. My suggestion is that more guards is not as effective as other methods. After all, you guards may supply muscle but it was observation that spotted the treacherous dogs I therefore put forward that a core of espionage is used to supplement royal security.

Matthew: James, what do you think about this young mind’s proposal?

James: It seems akin to your view of a general investigation, I would accept such a matter, but it could become reliant on the court to be honest to reporting events of note, so it is up to you as I see it my Prince, but I must commend your political mind, young Alexander.

Alexander: Thank you m'lord I got it from my father, ser

Matthew: I believe the entire nobility should be investigated. It might cause some unrest but these traitors has to be found and brought to justice. It seems unlikely that a non-nobleman would possess the necessary funds to hire such skilled assassins.

James: I shall leave that to your discretion my Prince, if I was you, I would check the couriers as well, many of them are crafty.

Matthew: For now, the investigation shall target the nobility of Britain. It can be expanded beyond Britain if nothing is discovered.

James: As you wish, my Prince, I feel we should return to the lodge.
Has finished with the buck, and he asks for Alexander’s assistance as they collect the fine specimen

Alexander: What do you want done with the carcass, sers?

James: Cut it into finer pieces, and place them, gently, into the saddle bags, we can tie the head to the back of one of the horses.

Alexander: Any part you would like to eat now, sires?

James: I would rather share this fine animal, but my Prince and you yourself Alexander, should determine the animal's end fate, after all you were the slayers of its magnificence.

Alexander: Merely performing my duties ser

Matthew: Alex, the duke offered you to determine the animal’s fate. It is rude to decline such an offer.

Alexander: I apologise Ser James but I have no idea on the butchery of meat and feel as though it is not my place to make decisions that could ruin a fine catch.

James: I would say it could make for a fine centre point to a noble feast, some time in the future, much as it looks appetising.

Matthew: Then that’s settled then. Alex, this is your opportunity to ask my friend the duke some questions.

Alexander: Thank you sire. Duke Bourchier you serve as an administrator for the crown which I hopefully will become is their any advice that I may need?

James: Keep a level head, and learn to accept the whims of the Monarch, they hold the knife in which you balance your life so delicately upon. Be versed in European languages, we may be an island nation, but our alliances are stretching further and further across the continent, as is our de facto territory. Finally, don’t be too extreme, a lot of little steps is better than one giant step towards the same goal.

Alexander: Thank you Ser.

James: Do you have any further questions, Alexander?

Alexander: None worth your valuable time my liege

Matthew: I suggest we head back home then. It’s quite a ride from Yorkshire to Oxford.

James: I can agree to that, your grace.

And so the long day passed, the sun drawing down over the flat moors, as the trio returned to the royal estates in Oxfordshire.

Reactions:
((For the trial Dan will be controlling Alexander, due to time zone issues. Im sure with his fantastic Record with Trials he will win me the case, and trick everyone into thinking I'm innocent.))
((I'll be blessed by RNGesus again and you'll fail :) ))

Chapter 8 - Unrest

Shortly after the Royal Assembly, Queen Elizabeth returned to her chambers in Westminster Palace where she talked with her husband Franz von Thun about their children. Anton and Charlotte had not a very close relationship with their half-brother Matthew which bothered Elizabeth. For Franz this was not much of an issue, no surprise given that he cared little about family.
A few days later, Chancellor of Huntingdon brought the news to Elizabeth that the hated Burgundians were losing badly the war they started against Trier. "What pleasant news!" said the Queen to Robert.
The Emperor's forces were more than Burgundy was able to handle, especially after he had called in his own allies. Ask the siege of Antwerpen, about 15.000 men were waiting for the walls of the city to give in, the garrison seemed to be stubborn and refused to surrender.

drxH8V5.png

In August 1466, a group of skilled spies was sent to infiltrate Norway. Their task was to fabricate claims on the four provinces which neighbored Bergen. Even though the realm was far from ready for another war, it was never wrong to work on getting more claims, felt the Queen.
Not only the spies were busy, also the military was and not only because of the high revolt risk in Scotland and parts of the French region. The military also had to get used to new weapons and formations that the commander of the forces, General Talbot, had chosen.

KwTg64o.png

Afonso V sent word to England that his kingdom was preparing for the invasion of Morocco. In September, a formal declaration of war started the war between Portugal and Morocco. Castile sided with the Portuguese; Morocco had no allies.
Despite the slight danger in the area, Crown Prince Matthew left Oxford together with his wife Andreia for an extended trip to Portugal. He felt that he was safer in Portugal than in Britain after the failed assassination attempt on his life. They stayed in Portugal for months and upon their return to England, Andreia realized that she was pregnant! Matthew was excited to become father and to further the Lancaster line, that is if the child was going to be a son.

A4ws1OT.png

On 1 November 1466, Chancellor of Huntingdon was happy to announce to the Royal Assembly that the integration of Leinster had been completed without complications. All of Ireland was now directly under English rule. This made Elizabeth Queen of Ireland, a title which she only carried when visiting the the region.
Ximeno Arantxez had been appointed as Master of Coin to deal not only with all matters of trade but also to modernize the English economy which had suffered greatly from the last war with Provence and France. It turned out to be a wise decision to appoint Ximeno because in a matter of weeks it turned out that he was very efficient.

PevsZDK.png

Portugal notified her allies that the initial phase of their war was going as planned. They took out the Moroccan army in no time at all, even without the help of Castile which had decided to keep its forces in Iberia to due Granadan nationalists. Elizabeth was relieved that Portugal had not ask her to join their war because with the outbreak of a severe famine in Ireland she was busy enough with internal politics. Heavy rain and a particularly cold winter were seen as the reason behind this famine. In all of Ireland there were shortages of wealth, in particular oats. Who was to blame? Count Walpole? No. It seemed like God was punishing the Irish but for what? The Queen had no answer to that. Britain was also hit by the poor harvest but not as severe as Ireland. Food was sent to Ireland but it was not enough to sustain the large population of Irishmen. Thousands could die because of this disaster. Not only the Irish paid that the next few harvests were going to be better.

AMqXgUe.png

Despite the famine tormenting the Irish, Queen Elizabeth provided some funds to begin the necessary preparations to explore the unknown. Who knew what there was to find? Maybe islands full of gold? Maybe fertile land? Or maybe no such things.
While the Crown was planing the first English expedition, the Archbishop of York informed the Royal Assembly that a heretical group known as Llords had become quite powerful. He demanded to stop the heretics at all costs, even if it meant deploying the army. The Queen discussed this matter with her small council knowing that declining the archbishop's request would not only upset him but also other Catholic countries and of course the Holy Father.
After some debate, it was decided that the army was in no position to fight a potential heretical revolt. Therefore, Elizabeth signed a decree giving the Lollards acceptance in England. These heretics had now a some rights. When the archbishop heard of this outrageous decision, he left York for Rome. He was never to be seen again in England... Pope Hadrianus VI was deeply upset who believed that the lollards were heretics and therefore had no place in Catholic Europe.

VtQXT0f.png

Charles VII of Valois passed away on 21 April 1467 and was succeeded by Nicolas Henri de Valois, the 20-year-old son of Charles VII. His younger brother Charles become Nicolas's heir. Nicolas was said to be a man who favored diplomacy.
Five days later, news arrived from continental Europe: Somehow Duke Charles de Bourgone had managed to force the Holy Roman Emperor to pay him monthly war reparations. Unbelievable, given that Burgundy was losing the war! Were the Burgundians capable of turning the table in a war that seemed lost already?
Back in the capital, Matthew was working tireless on a plan to discover who was behind his assassination attempt. Of course, first security measures had been taken immediately after the attempt but the Crown Prince felt this was not enough. Something had to be done about those plotting nobles - he believed only a nobleman could afford to hire such skilled assassins. He was not the only victim: Count Walpole of Dublin was also the victim of assassins and Walpole Sr. had been murdered in the streets of London. This situation had to come to an end. Once and for all.

EBx1vGj.png

Many countries in Europe and beyond were at war. In July 1467, the Ottomans with their expansionistic sultan invaded one of their neighbors with the intention to seize Antioch and possible even more. The Mamluks knew that this meant trouble. Nobody in the Known World wanted to fight Mehmet II and his brutal forces. After all, he commanded the largest army in Europe with more than 43.000 men - Not even the French had as many soldiers! The poor Mamluks were severely outnumbered. This seemed bad for them.

SEHCAVz.png

On 19 July 1467, the Crown announced an extensive investigation of the nobility in Britain to deter further attempts on the precious lives of the royal family. This caused some unpreventable unrest among some nobles who feared that the increased military presence was to be permanent. That is what happens when traitors scheme against the Crown. The investigation was particularly bad on the Irish who were still suffering from the famine.
The preparations for England's very first exploration mission were completed in mid-September. Henry Fredrick Wolfe, a captain of German origin, was hired to sail with a small fleet into waters west of Portugal. Nobody knew exactly what he was going to find. In November, Wolfe reached a small archipelago, a group of tiny islands that had been colonized by Portuguese settlers, most of them became fishermen. The locals called this island chain the Azores and in the sea surrounding the islands fish was abundant.

j1D8czG.png

With the investigations of the nobility in Britain, Chancellor Huntingdon must have been glad when he was informed that the Queen had a new mission for him. He was to travel back to Italy to meet with representatives of the Medici Bank in Florence. Huntingdon left for Florence on 27 December 1467 and sailed from Dover to the port of Pisa. After some business talk, Huntingdon was offered to attend an art exhibition in the Cathedral of Florence better known as Santa Maria del Fiore. He disliked art and declined the offer. The Florentines were slightly upset but given that they were fine businessmen, it did not have negative impacts for the relationship between England and the Medici Bank.

7YgmOC6.png

While Huntingdon was on his journey, a local fortification expert was discovered in Edinburgh. He had some rather intriguing ideas on how to create better fortifications in Lothian. In a potential war with the Scottish these extra fortifications would make a siege much more difficult for any enemy siege corps.
Of even greater importance was that the famine in Ireland had finally come to an end. First estimates stated that many thousands Irishman had starved to death. The region could finally start to recover and the Irish were hopeful again. They had suffered enough. First under the brutal count Walpole Sr and then under this famine. However, if the next harvest in Ireland was poor again then even more men would die - That was a certainty because the grain stocks were all empty.
General Hudson who was now stationed in Brest sent word that the Bretons were almost pacified. Chances for a revolt were low, according to him. However, in the neighboring province Armor the situation was not as goods in Brest. Most likely because no army was present there.
The same was true for the Scottish provinces under English control. General Talbot had done superb work to subjugate the locals.

2Hte31c.png

Afonso V's conquest of Morocco was going as planned. After the Castilians had defeated the Granadan nationalists, they sent their 28.000 men strong army to Africa. Unbelievable. Elizabeth still remembered that in the English war against Provence and France the Castilians did absolutely nothing.
The Ottoman campaign against the Mamluks had taken a few setbacks because the forts provided to be more difficult to besiege than initially assumed. Nevertheless, Mehmet II's armies won all major battles and had occupied the war goal, Antioch, by early April 1468.
Approximately a fortnight later, diplomat Alexander James Mordaunt had the pleasure to inform the chancellor who had returned from Italy and the Queen that Burgundy had officially lost the war against Trier! Duke Charles I was forced to release Hainaut as a sovereign state and furthermore end the overlordship over Holland. It was an understatement to call this Burgundian campaign a disaster.

ngAGDfd.png

In October 1468, the truce with Brittany had expired and around the same time, a claim had been fabricated one of their provinces. War, however, was unlikely due to the several limitations. These were the current expansion plan and of course aggressive expansion.
Portugal seemed to have no problem with aggressive expansion. Their neighbors seemed to care little about their endless lust of conquest. On 8 December 1468, they reported that Morocco had agreed to cede Marrakech, Abda and Dukkala to them. Even the last fool had by now realized that Portugal was a force not to be reckoned with. The Portuguese Maghreb grew larger and larger thanks to Afonso V 'The Conquerer'.

noKWVEl.png

Despite the conflict over the lollards, Pope Hadrianus made Edinburgh a cardinal seat in January 1469. England now had three cardinals. The chances that one of them was going to be elected Pope was quite good.
Later that months, Master of Coin Ximeno Arantxez briefed the Queen on the economic situation. Thanks to his Foreign Trade Act which the Royal Assembly had passed in 1466, the situation of the English merchant had improved considerably. He was doing a fine job and the treasury was also full with more than 220 ducats. Being at death had its advantages, too. Especially for the burgers whose influence grew constantly due to their growing economic power.

94bVzww.png

In March 1469, Henry Frederick Wolfe embarked on a new expedition into the unknown. He sailed again west but this time he did not go as far south as the Azores. This time his undertaking was less productive because all he found was the vast ocean. He then made a short stop in Reykjavik, home of Duke Bourchier, in the summer to get more supplies.
During the second part of expedition he discovered a massive frozen land mass north of Iceland! Uncolonized! He could not believe it! He wondered if this land was colonizable but because he had ran out of supplies once again, he was forced to abroad his mission. Wolfe returned to Reykjavik from where he sent word to the capital informing the Queen of his success. The Age of Exploration had officially begun!

ybSOqnE.png

bI7nzHz.jpg

BY0E7i7.png

Due to the Investigation of the Nobility happening, assassination attempts in Britain have a lower chance of succeess. Assassination attempts outside of Britain are not affected by this law. All noble families in Britain will be investigated. As the law stated, the investigations are in part carried out by the military under the leadership of CoF Talbot and in part of the Crown's spy network. I assume that at least a few nobles might not like this; hence I represented their dislikement through an increased unrest in Britain.
This investigation gives the Crown the chance to find out which nobles have been plotting against the Crown. A side effect of this law is that it might convict a noble falsely. We shall see what happens!

((
The following positions are vacant
1 Judge
1 Representative of the Holy Synod (needs to be a clergyman)
1 Cardinal (needs to be a bishop; currently held by an NPC)

The following envoy positions are vacant
1 Explorer
1 Missionary
1 Merchant (Alexander Bloodstone has been absent for a few updates)
))

Reactions:
Alexander rose swiftly from Oxford to deliver a bill he hoped would be popular. He stood in the assembly in London and began to speak,
Lords and Ladies of the Court of Her Majesty it has become clear to us all that treacherous behaviour is becoming far too common and this is in part due to a lack of morals and loyalty to the Crown sent here by God with a divine right to rule. This exemplified by the heir to the royal throne being on the brink of death due to an assassination attempt.

These ideas are meant to be taught to young men and women by the Church which appears to be failing in its duty despite Bishops becoming more and more political even becoming traitors themselves. I suggest we rectify this by reducing the workload of clergymen allowing them to educate our highborn youths in a more sufficient way.

To do this I put forward the following

Moral Standards Act
To help the clergy in their duty to educate we must lighten there load. The administration of Bishoprics is to be taken over by nearby nobles. This will allow the Bishops serving their to teach better and more frequently in an effort to stop our current crisis.
  1. Lothian's administration will be done by the Count of Ayrshire
  2. Northumberland's will be done by the Count of Cumbria
  3. Yorkshire will be done by the Count of Lancashire
  4. Lincolnshire will Be done by the Count of Marches
  5. Kent will be done by the Count of Norfolk
This should help maintain our societal standards and protect our royal institution.

Amendment

Bishops will keep all monies, titles and privleges they thoroughly deserve. The counts would meerly help run the day to day buisness of the Bishoprics in an effort to free up the Bishop's valuable time which could be spent in more important areas that they have been entrusted with.

I meant no slight to the Church with this act in fact it through my deep respect that I hoped that the Church would be entrusted with the education of the youth as only they have the resources to do so. If any clergyman takes offense to my suggestion I offer my humblest apologies and ask that you contact me about any issues you find.

Last edited:
Robert had heard what his son proposed in the Royal Assembly. Was he mad? Trying to mess with the Holy Roman Church was what killed his real father, the late bishop Chaffinch. He couldn’t let this pass. He ordered his son to his office in the Royal Chancellory. After Alexander entered Robert shouted at him without even giving his son the time to catch his breath.

Robert: This proposal of yours can bring shame and failiure to our family son!

Alexander: Yes but it coud also improve our prestige father a of Huntingdon ruling over Ayrshre and assisting in Lothian.

Robert: You could become a landowner and a count with better means Alex. The church is most important in our life! We can't desolve their power!

Alexander: The Church needs help

Robert: I agree, but we can't make them our enemies. That was what killed the late Bishop Chaffinch, your father!

Alexander: Power has made if corrupt and politisised. Bishop Chaffinch was betrayed by a clergyman and now his betrayer has been embarrased in the stocks. I am free of that debt. I am your son in all but blood now and this family needs land to back its power

Robert: This family, son, has earned one of the most respectable positions of the realm by loyal service and inteligent advice to our Queen. Not by being of noble descent.

Alexander: Indeed and both you and your father have done much for it. I wish to continue your legacy by having this families name carved into the stone of history.

Robert: Then serve, Alex! Bow down before the Queen and help her rule the land! Be loyal and a help for her Majesty, only in this way you can rise in the ranks of power. If you are needed she can’t get rid of you. Don't fall the church in the back. They have more power then you can fathom!

Alexander: I am a servant of her majesty and I am trying to help her with this act. I was there when her son nearly died. I do not wish to be there when someone succeeds. I see better education of the youth as an essential way to defend the realm.

I have a deep respect for the Church which is why I am asking the Bishop’s to educate the youth as they are the only ones who can educate young men in the proper way. If they take slight to this I will apologise and explain.

Let there be more men like your father and less corrupt men like mine

Robert: I agree that we need to strengthen education, but do it by furdering the building of Colleges and Universities, maybe while using money of the clergy, but don't take their administrative powers from them.

Alexander: You make it seem like this hurts them. You saw how busy bishops are if they had help running there accounts and dealing with petty crime they could use themselves in vastly more important ways.

Robert: It will hurt them. The Bishops make their money from this lands that they control. They need it to support churches, monasteries and the schools which are connected to those, we need the Clergy, we can’t make them mad at the crown.

Alexander: It appears I have been misunderstood. The Bishops will keep there titles and all that that entails but the Counts will assist in the day to day running of there lands but will not profit from them as that would be an act against the Lord himself. I will clarify this in the assembly.

Robert: The probem is, Alex, that even if the Bishops where try to keep all their monetary gains and powers it would seem like they where put under the oversight of an secular Lord and this wont be accepted.

Alexander: That is indeed troubling all this suggests the act is flawed and must be amended at a minimum. But why would the Bishops not accept this if they keep all power needed would it meerly be a matter of prestige as I believe clergyman are above such earthly squables as they follow the teachings of Christ who himslef lived as wandering prophet with little goods to his name.

Robert: Even Bishops are only mortal men, son, they have a desire for prestige and reputation like everyone of us. No one is perfect. A possible solution to your act could be a mandatory school or college at every Bishopric. This could also show our families desire for a furthering of the education in the Realm but wont diminish the power of the clergy.

Alexander: That is a valuable suggestion. I will propose it as an alternative if you would allow me but in the meantime may I ask you use your sway to make sure that the court is aware I meant no slight to the Church by my proposal.

Robert: You can put my name as a cosigner under the Act, therefore you make sure that I approve of it.

Alexander: Thank you father. Is there anything else you wish to discuss?

Robert: No, Alex, that was all for now, next time though, please ask me before you want to bring an issue to the Assembly. Our family has to stand united, that is why I didn’t discuss this in the meeting. Son, I am glad that you understood my reasoning, give the Prince my best wishes and condolences about the assassination attempt.

Alexander left the office of his father, and went to the Assembly to make changes to his proposed Moral Standards Act.

Reactions:
((During the update.))

Henry came back to Ireland. He had heard the news that Ireland had been formally annexed into the kingdom. Shortly after that, disaster struck. The harvest was a complete failure, and whatever didn't fail, was unpayable for the average peasant. It was famine. Walpole wouldn't let hundreds die, not under his watch. He would widely import food to Dublin. He would set up 4 points in Dublin where every family of Dublin would get: An apple, half a bread, a bowl of soop and a sausage, all for free. The entirety of his share of taxes would go to not having all of Meath starve, and even that wouldn't pay for everything. He took a loan of 15 duckats at the de Medici bank to pay for all the food. He had stopped many from dying, though starvation still occured, and many people died. A large scale investigation was going on and Walpole tried to ignore the affair. He was more busy trying to save his county.

Last edited:
Even if he was far away from London, Wilhelm still received news about England through his friends in the Medici Bank. One day, he meet with Ignazio in one of the Bank Offices, one of the agents he trusted most and who shared his love for the fine alcohol.

Wilhelm: So Ignazio, what's happening in England, any new plot against Sir Walpole or the Prince Matthew?

Ignazio: Hahahaha, on the contrary Señor Wilhelm, It looks like the prince is launching an investigation on the nobility. I've heard that some nobles are not too happy with this new situation.

Wilhelm smiled, he was right about this King and maybe he had a way to help him in this endeavor

Wilhelm: His is the rightful heir of his mother, only the family that caused the fall of the Hasburgs would have the courage to face the nobility. Listen Ignazio, I had prepared a document with some improvements on the English Burocracy, i wanted to present before but the time was not right, but now it may have a chance. I will give it to you, together with a document and a seal that certifies . You'll receive some good money if you do this.

Ignazio: I understand señor, you can trust me.

After this, Wilhelm asked for some Dark Beer and Bratwurst.

Some week laters.

Ignazio: Members of the Assembly, is the desire of Wilhelm Hayk as a Humble Servant of the Realm to express his worries about the current situation of England, which is been ravaged by Heresy, Plots and famine. Was the wish of Mr Wilhelm to be here, but sadly he is on an official assignment outside the country, however, he found time to prepare this proposal, that i will read, to your consideration.

"Members of the Assembly, i was once part of the Imperial Bureaucracy and i witnessed how plots and natural disasters destroyed dinasties of nobles, princes and even merchants, for that reason and after too much consideration i decided to present this law and i wish it helps the realm to get even stronger."

Sheriff Act
1) There will be an expansion of the presence of Sheriffs in the Realm outside the crown demesne.

a. In the case of Smaller counties that are close on to each other, the Sheriff could have authority in more than one if the crown considers it necessary

b. In the case of the big counties, there will be one Sheriff assigned to each unless the Crown considers it unnecessary or if the county is part of the Crown demesne.

2) The Sheriff will keep his existent authority to summon the posse comitatus (the able-bodied men of the county) to help in case of royal investigations, Rebellions or Natural Disasters. However, in the case of the Sheriff’s that are not assigned to a county that is part of the Crown demesne, this authority will be limited to a period 3 to 6 months unless the Crown considers the threat is too big, In that case its authority will be transfer to the army with the agreement of the Assembly.

a. Is required that the Sheriff that is assigned to a noble’s land t keeps informed the noble of his activities unless he is assigned to an investigation over the nobility or clergy.

b. The sheriff would not have the possibility to have land outside those assigned by Royal authority in the crown lands

c. The crown would have the authority to remove a Sheriff if he is considered inadequate for the Job or if he commits a Crime.

d. Every landed noble or member of the Clergy can ask for a Sheriff to be removed if he considers he had committed a crime or if he had usurped any function or authority limited to the nobility. In this case will be the judges of the realm who decide the merits of the accusation.

i. If a judge is part of an open investigation, a De facto judge should be assigned to it.
((This act will reduce the stability cost modifier but will cause a reduction in Noble and Clergy loyalty))

Last edited:
Reactions:
((to General Hudson))
I am glad to hear that you respect my decision. Some of the nobility has gotten out of line. As one of the leading generals of the country, I require your presence now in many places of the country because the military needs to show an increased presence to deter further assassinations. Therefore, you will need to travel a lot. It will be your job to ensure that the troops in my French holdings are Ireland are prepared. CoF Talbot has been given a similar order.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine and Duchess of Normandy

Edit: ((The update will be finished by the earliest tonight CET.))
Your Majesty,
Of course, I will uphold my responsibilities as general, but I must request some time for my family, preferably before we find ourselves at war once more.
Count Hudson

Cultural and Linguistic Integration Act
1. Conquered peoples will be required to learn and speak English
2. Conquered peoples will be educated on proper English Ideals
3. All conquered peoples may dream of being English

((This act will make culture conversion much cheaper, but at the cost of increased revolt risk in Uncultured French non-english Provinces))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Christian was in his cell. His cell mate had told him about his religion. "The Lollards believe the church does not have the temporal power. We believe people should rely on the bible, not the pope. There is only one church and if you are not part of that church. Salvation will not come to you" Christian always though the church was corrupt. He never really heard the message of the Lollards. He always though they were just another group of people t burned at the stake to scare the masses into submission. hese people shared his ideas. Which he shares with no one else. Christian decided the Lollard Church was the true church and turned his back on Catholicism secretly.

((Christian is now secretly a lollard))

((@alscon as Master of Coin it would be nice if you could suggest on what we should spend our money on. Barracks? Temples?
((@Istarsamu as Chancellor you can pick 2 new rivals for England and one new ally.
((@ML8991 as Ambassador to our subjects, you can decide if we should siphon income from Austria.))

((Regarding the investigation; Dreumel had a lot of luck because the chance of uncovering who hired the assassins was very low. Seems like RNGesus loves him. Anyways, this means there will be a trial against Alexander Mordaunt.
@TheM @ML8991 @Luftwafer please work together on a trial post. Thank you))
((I am available tonight or Thursday/Friday. Will be on IRC tonight, let me know when you're available!))

The British Security Agency (BSA)

The BSA will be a government funded agency that will have the responsibility of uncovering, and destroying plots for assasinations and treason towards the state, as well as uncovering enemy spies.
It has the right to use violence if neccesary.

((If we get it ingame, it's bonus would be +25% spy defence, but cost 6 duckats to maintain yearly. and it would cost a lot of money.))

Last edited:
((Generally speaking, I don't like in-game laws that give a big bonus without penalty. So if a law passes then I might modify or remove the bonuses.))
((It'll be a great project with a hefty sum.))