• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Letter to Duke Briggs, Commander of the Forces))

Dear Duke,

What is your assessments regarding the threat the Grand Principality of Muscovy represent? Are they a threat to our Norwegian possessions, and in case of a defensive war what would our chances be? Now, would you advice military means to halt the Muscovian aggression?

-Countess Anna Rogers of Oslo.

((Letter to Duke Briggs, Commander of the Forces))

Dear Duke,

What is your assessments regarding the threat the Grand Principality of Muscovy represent? Are they a threat to our Norwegian possessions, and in case of a defensive war what would our chances be? Now, would you advice military means to halt the Muscovian aggression?

-Countess Anna Rogers of Oslo.

At the moment, I do not consider Muscovy a serious threat to our Norwegian possessions. They do not share a land border with us and have minimal naval capabilities. Perhaps if they were to conquer further west into Novgorod or Sweden, we should be concerned, but as long as they focus elsewhere, they are not our concern. If they were to declare war, for whatever strange reason, it seems unlikely Novgorod would provide them military access, for the two nations hate each other. Forced to rely on naval transport, they would be at a serious disadvantage. Not to mention that they'd then have to take our two forts in the region and face our army, which is nearly double the size of theirs. Even if they managed to occupy parts of Norway, a drawn-out war would be in our favour, for with naval dominance we could more easily reach the theatre of war while Muscovy would have to rely on access through other countries. Going to war with them would be pointless at this point, for there would be very little for us to gain other than to weaken them, which may not be looked upon by others favourable. It is not our place to police the nations of Europe. For now it is best to leave them to their own devices until we have an opportunity that benefits England at the expense of Muscovy.

- Walter William Briggs, Duke of Mercia, Earl of Marches, & Commander of the Forces

((Hey, I will delete this post after I get a response,))
((Me and Janha re unable to access the chat for TSNS. We put in /join #TSNS, but nothing happens.))
((Thats why we haven't been on, I would also like to apologize not being there for the trial. As you can see I couldn't get in contact.))

((Letter to Duke Briggs.))

Lord of Mercia,

Thank you for your time. That may be true, but remember that most empires who have been major players have gotten to it's position by controlling their local seas and it's trade routes. Greek and Roman Empires by controlling the Mediterenean, and Hansa League and Kalmar Union the Baltics. I fear if we allow Muscovy to expand further they might expand into the parts of northern Norway we do not control. And by taking Ingria they will be in a position to take control of Baltics. Controlling posts in the baltics and northern norway and Karelia-Kola is not only a threat to our trade Empire, however they might also build a navy.

I do see that you won't risk a war. So therefore I humbly ask you if you could provide me with the status of our forts, armies and fleets in the Scandi-Baltic region. Numbers and locations.

-Countess Anna Rogers.

Reactions:
((Hey, I will delete this post after I get a response,))
((Me and Janha re unable to access the chat for TSNS. We put in /join #TSNS, but nothing happens.))
((Thats why we haven't been on, I would also like to apologize not being there for the trial. As you can see I couldn't get in contact.))
((I will look into this problem once I am home in about 10 minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience.))

((Update:
The issue has been fixed. IRC is working again. I reset the channel.))

Last edited:
The Small Council conveend to discuss new short term goals for the realm. Present were Chancellor Robert Clifford, Ambassador Anton Talbot, Master of Coin Alexander Chaffinch and a papal delegate. Commander of the Forces Walter William Briggs had been unable to attend, but had sent word ahead that he’d support whatever decision the rest of the council decided upon.

Anton Talbot: “Gentlemen, I have been appointed by the Queen-Saint as successor of Matthew Lancaster, my murdered half-brother, in his duty as Ambassador. It is a pleassure to meet you.”

Robert Clifford: “Your Highness, it’s an honour to have you with us in this meeting. My condolences for the passing of your half-brother.”

Anton Talbot: “Regarding our short term goals, I believe that we should not engage in any wars and concurr with the Queen’s expansion plan. Therefore, I suggest that intensify our support for the colonies in Anglica by spporting the work of settlers in Bahia, our newest colony. We should send more marriagable women there, next to necessary supplies. Turning Bahia into a self-sustaining colony should be one of our priorities.”

Robert Clifford: “As I’ve already agreed with the Queen’s Expansion Plan in the Royal Assembly, I think that going to war in Europe now is a bad idea. Our explorer, mister Hayk discovered a nice group of islands off the shores of Anglica. I feel that colonizing those islands will increase our influence in the area and might result in some interesting trade.”

Anton Talbot: “While I agree with you, Count Clifford, that colonizing this island chain seems like a good idea, I simply do not believe that we can afford sustaining five colonies at once. This is why I feel that your proposal is not feasable but then I am also far less experienced than you.”

Robert Clifford: “You actually have an excellent point there, Your Highness. I was not aware of the complete costs of our colonies, as that is more the specialty of our Master of Coin. Making sure Bahia turns self-sustaining first will be more important to make sure our books remain balanced. We can expand into the Carribean afterwards, don’t you think?”

Anton Talbot: “Yes, that seems like a good plan. I, too, wished that the Master of Coin would be with us but it seems he has forgotten to attend this meeting. His knowledge of the treasury could have helped us tremendously.”

Just then the door swung open as Alexander Chaffinch stepped in noticebly standing less proud than usual. He stood for a second and looked at Talbot before speaking.

Alexander Chaffinch: “I apologise for my lateness I have been busy organising the funeral of the Crown Prince. My condolences to you your highness.
I could hear your last sentence Ser Clifford and I will assume you are talking on the subject of the newly found islands. It is my personal belief that these new islands should be our main target of colonisation, however that is a long term goal and as Master of the Coin it would be irresponsible of me to allow another colony to be founded without pointing out that a heavy cost would be inccurred. As such in the short term I suggest we focus on Bahia.”

The papal delegate listened carefully to each word spoken during the meeting. He then decided to express pope Benedict’s opinion:
“Gentleman… I have been sent here only to say what I was ordered to say. That is that this kingdom’s goal should be protecting all of those who follow Catholicism. Especially now, with a saint on the throne. That is why I, no, excuse me, the pope believes that you should focus on protecting the people of Finnmark.”

Anton Talbot: “It seems that a consensus has emerged. Three votes have been cast in favor of concentrating more resources to the colony in Bahia. The Papal delagte disagrees, which is is his right, but he is in the minority. With that, I believe the meeting is concluded unless one of you has to say anything else on our short term goal.”

With that the meeting was concluded and the result was sent to the members of the royal assembly to keep them informed.

((Joint-IC with @05060403 @Michaelangelo @Cheffy @TheM))

((Letter to Duke Briggs.))

Lord of Mercia,

Thank you for your time. That may be true, but remember that most empires who have been major players have gotten to it's position by controlling their local seas and it's trade routes. Greek and Roman Empires by controlling the Mediterenean, and Hansa League and Kalmar Union the Baltics. I fear if we allow Muscovy to expand further they might expand into the parts of northern Norway we do not control. And by taking Ingria they will be in a position to take control of Baltics. Controlling posts in the baltics and northern norway and Karelia-Kola is not only a threat to our trade Empire, however they might also build a navy.

I do see that you won't risk a war. So therefore I humbly ask you if you could provide me with the status of our forts, armies and fleets in the Scandi-Baltic region. Numbers and locations.

-Countess Anna Rogers.

We currently have two forts in Norway, both of which are not garrisoned due to there being no ongoing war or any noticeable threat to the area. As for armies and fleets, I do not think it wise to give out our numbers and positions, for our enemies could use such information if the letter is intercepted. Be assured that we have the numbers to adequately deal with most threats and our navy is superior to all others.

- Walter William Briggs, Duke of Mercia, Earl of Marches, & Commander of the Forces

Reactions:
((To Count Vries))
Due to the accusations thrown in your direction, I am forced to remove your recently granted generalship. Should you be found non-guilty then I will reconsider your position in the army. It was not an easy decision but I feel that the army needs to be led by men whose integrity is complete. The accusation say you were involved in the murder of a civilian and thereby my hands are tied. As Queen, I have a responsibility for the Royal Army and its generals have to lead by example.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Queen of France, Queen of Scotland, Queen of Norway, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine, Saint of the Holy Church

Part of the latest speach, given by Pope Benedict XIII
"..The Duke of Burgundy and Flanders has offended and disregarded the Holy See for far too long! That is why I have been forced to take actions against this vile man! If he doesn't want to listen to the God himself, then why does he even attend the mass?! Clrearly only to decive his subjects, to believe that he is indeed a follower of the Christ. But we have agreed that he is far from being a good Christian. That is why, Duke Jean III, ruler of the Duchy of Burgundy and the Duchy of Flanders is excommunicated from the Holy Roman Church!..."

Reactions:
Chapter 15 - Peace & Prosperity

The days following the Royal Assembly of 1492, General Briggs returned to France to keep the situation under control. Matthew was dead and he had been buried in Canterbury, allowing Queen-Saint Elizabeth I to focus on making her realm even greater.
The Papal State was doing well under Pope Benedict XIII who had hired a fairly large army for the size of his direct domaine. With the Italian states having left the Holy Roman Empire, the Papal State became an even stronger power in the Italian peninsula.

StLrlTK.png

Elizabeth's son Anton was appointed as Ambassador of the Realm after Matthew's death and during the first small council meeting which Anton was part of the council decided to focus more on the colonies in Anglica. Additional supplies were prepared for shipping to Anglica. Wilhem Hayk who had led the navy against House Valois in the recent war had returned to Britain where he was preparing for another journey into the unknown.
After Count von Vries involvement in a trial for murder, the Queen was left with no choice but to revoke his generalship. Von Vries was replaced by the young Bernard Lancaster.

6NCCpWU.png

Conquistador Benjamin York stumbled over a dangerous group of natives in the Amazons which was led by women. The men of the tribe had no power. This society reminded him of Duchess Victoria Talbot and her in his eyes ridiculous proposal of giving women more power. "This tribe seems like the ideal place for the Duchess of Normandy!" Of course, it was out of his power and the duchess stayed in Europe. Benjamin Yor felt it was a bad idea to get involved in the affairs of this tribe and left quickly together with his team.
Meanwhile in Italy, Pope Benedict XIII saw it fit to excommunicate Jean III de Bourgogne. After Amedeo di Savoia, Jean III was the second head of state which he excommunicated.At last, Benedict XIII found an interest in political affairs.

SmJlFK5.png

The Royal Diplomatic Corps with its head Chancellor Robert Clifford recommended to annul all treaties with Castile. The chancellor's reasoning was enough to convince Elizabeth to follow through with his plan. On 12 December 1492 the alliance was no more.
With the English realm being at peace, Elizabeth had more time for colonial affairs. One of her lead colonists, John Northwell, had installed a temporary colonial council in Amapa so that he could return to Britain. She was advised to send the militia to Amapa to end this dangerous council before it grew powerful. However, Elizabeth had a good rapport with John Northwell who had done good work so far. Therefore, she trusted his decision-making and sanctioned this temporary council.

NDPrYYF.png

The English realm underwent a scientific revolution starting in 1493 which led to technological innovations and a transfer from an agricultural society into an industrial one. Furthermore, the Royal Diplomatic Corps was expanded to deal with the large size of the realm. This allowed England to maintain more diplomatic relations with foreign countries.
The chances of successfully tracking down the assassins who murdered Matthew were close to zero by now and with the situation in France more or less under control, General Briggs returned to Mercia. England was not planing to start any wars for the moment and many of the soldiers also returned home.
In West Africa, Friar Peter Andrews was doing good work. Trarza was converted to Christianity by March 1493 but the large majority of the population of West Africa were still heathens. He packed his things and set up a missionary base in Wagadu.
John Northwell had arrived in Dover and set foot on Britain again. The Colonial Council which he had installed was a disaster though. Corruption was spreading through Amapa and beyond. John Northwell was responsible for this and so he was consequently removed from his position as colonist. Many of the Queen-Saint's advisors had told her beforehand not to sanction this council but she had now Amapa was in chaos, chaos that could have been avoided if Elizabeth had listened to her advisors.

bkJsXte.png

The country had been at peace for approximatly 9 months when a messenger arrived in Calais from where the news spread to the British Isles: England's ally Poland had declared war on Brandenburg. The war goal was to conquer Berlin. Elizabeth's grandson Mical I of Poland did not send a call to arms which was good because this period of peace was good for England. Six weeks later, Saxony then declared war on Brandenburg as well. The prince-elector seemed doomed.
At the Battle of Neumark, the Poles crushed the enemy and at the Battle of Leczyca, Poland secured a massive victory over an army consisiting of soliders from Bohemia, Nuremberg and Lüneburg. That army had invaded the corelands of Poland but their attempt failed miserably.

eH8F1yL.png
The heathen Ottoman Empire announced in September 1493 its victory over the Mamluks. The Holy City of Jerusalem was now an Ottoman possession. Many Christians wondered why the Catholic Church had not called for a new crusade against the Ottoman Empire. The strength of the Ottomans was intimidating. Especially the Christians in Hungary lived dangerously but they were not alone. Venice, for example, had some possessions which bordered the Ottomans. They expected the Pope to act, to give them moral support, to condemn this aggression.
While the war between the Ottomans and Mamluks had come to an end, a fourth carrack was ordered in England. The ship was part of the Walter Briggs's plan of expanding the navy. Nobody should ever even consider to invade the British Isles.
Wilhem Hayk embarked on a new exploration mission in September 1493. He set sail on 10 October 1493 and headed towards Anglica.
With John Northwell fired, the Queen appointed a new lead colonist for Amapa and disbanded the colonial council. This dark episode should be forgotten in no time now that proper leadership was restored.
The colonies were doing good. Bahia was settled mostly by fishermen and so fish became the main trade good of the province. It was not much needed in Britain because the waters surrounding the British Isles were abundunt with fish. Most of the surplus was therefore exported to the former colony of Marajo which had been renamed to New Dover.

vIbUBx1.png
When King Afonso V de Avis passed away on 16 March 1494, Portugal was not doing too well, to the Queen-Saint's surprise, in its war against Mali. Elizabeth was already 61 years old and felt not comfortable enough to travel to Lisbon for Afonso's funeral. Therefore she sent her son Anton Talbot, diplomat Henry d'Armagnac and Chancellor Clifford to represent England in her name. Before the English delegation left for Portugal, Elizabeth, as Saint of the Catholic Church, openly promoted a new confession of faith which the Papacy had condemned as heretical. She believed that their teachings could bring the Church and their administrative apparatus under tighter control. She also hoped that this could push the Catholic Church into accepting religious reforms. Should Pope Benedict refuse to pass religious reforms, then the Church could face a schism similar to that of 1378.
Afonso died at the age of 62 a natural death and was succeeded by Joao de Avis. With Afonso's death, the blood-ties between Portugal and England ended.
There was also a succession in Castile with Jean III taking over from his father. Elizabeth sent nobody to Castle for Jean's coronation. The relationship between the two countries was at an all-time low.

4a6uvLl.png
The funeral of Afonso was a sad set of affairs and after it was over the Englishmen returned home straight away.
It seemed that Elizabeth's support for this new confession led to an unforeseen reform of the Catholic Church. Thoughts of disapproval against the Papacy spread through Europe and in Vlandeeren many began to demand religious reformation. In a way it was obvious that the people of Vlandeeren were angry with the Papacy considering that Pope Benedict XIII had excommunicated their ruler. Furthermore, they argued that the Catholic Church had done little for the common people.
Now the question was what the Queen-Saint should do. Should Elizabeth condemn this new religion which she had endorsed only recently or was it time to abandon the rigid Catholic doctrines once and for all? Condemning it would would make make her a hypocrite. Could a hypocrite rule over a country as glorious as England? No. Elizabeth was not a hypocrite and it was time to address the Royal Assembly and so she sent a letter out to all its delegates.

1ZsB51M.png
The reason for my letter today is the corrupt Papacy. The Papacy under Pope Benedict XIII and his predecessor Pope Hadrianus IV has failed to reform itself for decades.
My hope was that when an Englishman became Pope that he would bring the necessary changes to the Church but he did not do so. In fact, Pope Benedict XIII has done nothing of that kind and I am thoroughly disappointed by that. I believe the rigid ideas that the Papacy is forcing us to follow are hindering our success and progress. Therefore, left with no choice, I, Elizabeth I of House Talbot, Saint of the Holy Church, no longer see Pope Benedict XIII as my religious head.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Queen of France, Queen of Scotland, Queen of Norway, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine, Saint of the Holy Church

vOx91EF.png

0dSRdB5.png

((Open Envoy Positions:
1x Merchant
1x Conquistador (can replace NPC)
2x Colonist (sorry John Northwell!))
1x General (can replace NPC)

Open Small Council Positions
- Ambassador

@Istarsamu will post some rules concerning the Protestant Reformation soon.))

((It has happened, in the year 1494 after the birth of our all Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, the people have realised the wrong ways the church is heading, far away from the example of it’s founder. Reformationist ideas spread through the land and our Queen has decided that she and her people will turn away from the wrong path of the papal church and endorse Protestantism. This has consequences for you the players which I will list down below:
  • The Ruler can change the State Religion, England will therefore convert to Protestantism.
  • In the early times of the reformation the institutional organisation and hierarchy of of the church wasn’t established yet, this means that until after the next update the English Protestant Church doesn’t have a Head of Religion or Bishops or the like.The institutions, like the Religious Court, Superintendents, Bishops and more will be added later, when the reformation has established itself more thoroughly in England.
  • In Protestantism there were no institutional religious persecutions like you recognize from the Inquisition. However, people who didn’t believe the “right” way were excluded and pushed to the edge of society. In TSNS this will be represented by the loosing of positions and property if you don’t follow the state religion. This doesn’t mean that you lose your hereditary titles. The Religious persecutions will start at wednesday 16.03. at 16:00 CET.
  • Your character can change his religion in an IC, but he can change christian religion only once in his life. - The one exception is Lady Alyssa, she is able to convert to protestantism if she wants to.
  • It is also possible to only convert superficially and follow your old religion in heart and in private. This struggle should be recognisable in the ICs of the character. Obviously it’s a harshly punishable crime to convert falsely.
  • Protestantism was furthered in it’s early stages at the most by the rulers, mostly because they could make quick money by secularizing church property and make it their own. Therefore Counts and Dukes in TSNS can choose to either further or hinder the conversion progress in the provinces they administrate.
  • The game has the mechanic of Religious Centers which represent the influence of the work of Reformers spreading outwards from the start of their work. This influence is strong enough to convert provinces even if the respective administrator tries to hinder the conversion progress.
))

"... After witnessing the latest events I have no other choice but to call all the good christians to unite against the demon sitting on the throne of England! We must stand togheter, pray and fight against the Satan's minion who took over this bastion of Christendom! That is why I call a crusade on the Kingdom of England! Every brave man who will sacrifice himself in the noble quest to take back this county where the people who are followers of our Lord and Saviour are ruled by Devil himself disguised as the Queen. We also wish to pardon the Duke of Burgundy and Flanders and therefor we lift the excommunication from the ruler of those two duchies. It is not clear that the real evil was in another country..."

Reactions:
I hereby no longer see pope Benedict XIII as my religious leader. The church is corrupt and is stopping us from having a direct connection to God, holding us back and taking our food and wealth to fund their corruption.

- Peter Phillips, Stadthouder van Amsterdam.
((Peter Phillips is now Protestant and the conversion of Amsterdam will be furthered by Peter Phillips.))

Last edited:
Peter Andrews was doing great, having recently converted a few more of the natives to Christianity, he had also started his writings on one of the local religions in Africa. The work was called
Theis on Sahelian in British West Africa
Sahelian
The majority animist religion in Africa. Based on worshiping totems and that the spirit of life exists in each thing on this planet.

It is believed that when someone dies there body becomes a spirit that controls the weather, and that the natives should not anger them, this is done by blood sacrifices of animals, such as Zebra.

These people often have a coming of age ceremony where the men must take a hallucinogenic made of the local plants in the area. Where they often have visions of events come. It was often said that the tribes foresaw of our arrival and invasion and the events to follow. Though quite a few of the men die due to some of the plants being poisons.
The girls do not and are often married of to the males when they are able to get pregnant.
((More notes to come in future updates))

Just then someone rushed into the room shouting news of that the queen had forsake the catholic faith and had changed to a new heresy that had multiple types, but was being branched together to become protestant. The Lollard had been identifying with them and there was a large amount of social upheaval, and a few clashes between the religious groups had happened.

Peter had to agree, the church was corrupt and that the new religion could ignore that. But it could go wrong, Ursery and other sins could be legalized, imagine if Gambling and prostitution were allowed. Peter would change religion to this but would try and steer the religion along the right path. The first place that would most likely be targeted would be the monasteries, these places of teaching and charity would be destroyed for a few quick Ducats, disgusting. Peter was shocked by what they could look like in the future, gutted out buildings, a shadow of their once great past. Peter would stop this and become a hero in gods view.

I would like to announce to you my support to your cause. I will convert people to your way of thinking and what could be done.

I would also like to give you some of my religious views of what the religion should be like. And so we do not break to many of the rules the bible has layed out such as no ursery and the dreadful sin of homosexuality.
I have two points I would like to say already. One is about the printing press that the Huntington made, we should use it to mass produce bibles in the English language. Giving everyone who can read, the ability to learn from the bible. This would also help in the reformation process being one of the many thesis around Europe that people are taking up for the reformation.

Also I would recommend on not destroying the monasteries. While they may be hardcore Catholics and will never change, They are essential for multiple reasons. One is that they provide education to the lower classes and provide charity to them as well. Destroying them would face a lot of the lower class in economic turmoil, seeing how the reformation started this, they would revolt. Meaning that we should leave the monasteries as they, as a piece of beautiful architecture.
they are better left unprovoked.

I hope you take my advice
Peter Andrews

((I'm a protestant. Find my Blackjack and Hookers reference.))

((Come on guys, lets do the Trial already.
Either Sunday at 20 PM or Monday at same time. We need to do it.,
Either of you need different times we can do it.
Google doc here to post your part https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gn1tn26d9WLrp7I9iFkpmItRNJ9R40Fq2SG5YiUtFKQ/edit?usp=sharing. ))

Reactions:
Your majesty,

I thank you for your quick response to the reformation as I, without the guidance of one so ingenious as yourself, would had taken far too longer to decide on my opinion on the matter. As you, in your unquestionable wisdom, have decided to convert to Protestantism, I have followed suit.

Whilst Catholicism is very flawed, I woud hope that we at least recognise that some elements - such as its opposition to slavery - could be seen more as Christian as opposed to Catholic. And I would hope that, in the destruction of more Catholic ideals, the policy towards women in the realm may be revised so that the full potential of the English Empire is realised.

I would also inquire as to the fate of those who denounce the Pope but do not conform to Protestant ideals. If they recognise you as their rightful head of state and religion, will they be tolerated? Or must they conform to a specific way of worship?

Victoria Talbot, Duchess of Normandy

After sending out the letter to Her Majesty, Victoria began to work upon her policy towards Catholics in the Duchy of Normandy. Eventually, it was summed up to the following points:
  • Catholics must denounce the Pope, as to not do so would be treasonous against Her Majesty by denying her rightful place as head of the Church of England.
  • Catholics may continue to worship in ways different to Protestantism so long as they make no effort whatsoever to convert people to Catholicism.
  • Monasteries will be permitted to exist so long as they do not attempt to convert nearby villages (or anyone else).
  • Bibles in English will be distributed whenever possible whereas further creation of Latin Bibles is not permitted.

((TL;DR: Victoria will try to prevent Catholics from converting people so the process of conversion to Protestantism will not be slowed or reversed.))

Last edited:
Reactions:
"Damn Flemings! Why did they need to send their preachers here, why not Dublin? They could annoy the Walpoles instead!""

Annemarie heard the door into the library open.

"Anne, I need to talk to you."

Oh no! Did they take Alex too? "Yes?"

Alexander: "I been questioning my faith ever since the Flemish have arived in the countryside. I believe they speak the truth. I want you to join us, Anne.

Annemarie: " What id they do to you?

Alexander: They've done nothing, but speak the true words of God. Join us, God wills it!"

Those books Marcus brought must have went to his head. He is speaking gibberish! Annemarie: "Why should I join you then. There is no reason. Everything needs to have a reason."

Alexander: "Perhaps an excuse to stop worshipping Pope Benedict."

Dang it! He knew she hated that horrible, sexist, corrupt.... The more she taught about how horrible a person Benedict was, the better not calling him "Father" was.

Annemarie: True, but that is only one reason."

Alexander: "You like money, yes?

Annemarie: "What are you getting at, Alexander?"

Alexander: "Well, if you convert, you could take the church's vast lands in your territory and become rich from taxes on those lands."

Annemarie:"Fine, I'll "convert" but cna you do something for me?

Alexander: "Yes..."

Annemarie: "Oversee the destruction of the monasteries and start taxing the churches. I'll put you in charge of all religious matters in my lands. Do what you wish."

Alexander: "I will take my leave,also, could you send a letter to the CoF, I would like to join the army." Alexander knew what he wanted to do. He was going to stalk the killer of Marcus in his own regiment. Though of course, he would need to get lucky if he get in his regiment.

Annemarie: "I'll do that later"

Alexander took his leave to his room, where his plans of revenge on Count Von Vries were laid out. He needed some more time to completely finish his master plan. Many times while planning, he just laughed hysterically at all the ways he could torment Von Vries and everyone he loved.

((Converting to Prostestant, Alexander helps conversion of Calais to the true faith))

I,Annemarie, hereby after converts to the one true church of God. I renounce Pope Benedict as my religious leader. I hope the rest of you shall do the same.

I request my brother,Alexander Morgan, be allowed to join the army of her majesty, the Queen of England.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Proposal to Assembly
Keep the Monasteries
The Monasteries must be kept because of their cultural significance on this county
Any destroyed ones shall be rebuilt and the monks reimbursed.
Though the Monks are not allowed to convert the population to Catholicism and must remain neutral on Religious matters

((Open letter to the Lords and Ladies of England, the Assembly and the Queen))

Your majesty, Royal Assembly, nobles, burghers and peasants of England,

The decadence and hubris of the Catholic Church have finally been faced with consequences. Our Queen have bravely rejected the corrupt dogmas of the so calle Bishop of Rome and rejected his leadership. I will loyally follow in her footsteps. I urge all of you to follow suit, in order to not only plunge our great realm that have enjoyed stability and peace into chaos and war. But also for the same of humanism. The old Church refused to reform itself, refused to give up it's power-grabbing, refused to distribute English bibles. I Countess Anna Rogers of Oslo hereby reject the Pope as my religious head. In Oslo I will also take strip the corrupt church of all it's powers and return it to the secular government, and the people. Monestaries will be closed down if they do not renounce their worship of the money and the Pope as the head of state. I intend to remove all church properties, and return it to the secular governemnt and the people. The masses will no longer be in Latin, but in the local language spoken in that area. The same with the bible, I intend to stimulate for an increased printing of bibles in English and Norwegian, and educate the peasants in local monestaries and churches in order to read the holy book.

On these grounds I will not remove monestaries all together, but I will make them and the churches a center of education and enlightenment for the masses. And now the sermons and bibles will be in English and Norwegian. Saint worshipping should also be phased out, we should submit to our Lord and His words, and not idols. It is in my opinion that money and saints have become the Golden Calf in our society. Jesus himself spoke against making a bussiness out of the holy temples and faith, and to worship other humans. We will follow Christ and his words, and not what the Church have currently developed into.

Other than that, I urge us to not rest on the wave of reformation. For me getting rid of the worship of saints, idols and money isn't enough. Educating the people isn't enough. Stripping the Church of it's powers and making it a tool for education and spiritual guidance isn't enough. We should look unto to ourselves, we should improve our way of life and dogma. Take slavery, with our efforts of missionating in Anglica, it is revolting that we make slaves out of christians! Those who submit to Christ and the Father shall not fell prey to slavery! They will be on equal footing as the rest of us. And speaking of equal footing, we should use the oppurtunity to also empower the women. Let women hold real political offices, and not be a property of their man.

In short, these are my intendend goals:
-Monestaries will exist, as long as they become Protestant, serve as educational centers and help spread the right form of Christendom.
-Masses will be in the local language, the same with bibles. I also hope to encourage Church schooling, so more will hear and understand the wise words of the Lord and our Saviour.
-Reject the worship of saints, idols and money.
-Confiscate church properties, the church and it's laymen shall be completely removed from any politcal offices in Oslo - in turn these offices and properties shall be given to the secular government. There shall no longer be a first estate. Only the estate of the nobility, the commoners and the burghers.
-I aim to convert all of the people to the English Church, and to make them renounce the Pope.
-Humanise our politcs, stop making fellow Christians to slaves and uplift the women.

I hope you all will take my words inwards, and I hope you will follow suit and reject the Pope and become a Protestant. It is the will of God and what's Humane!

Yours truly, Countess Anna Rogers of Oslo.

((Rogers will further the conversion rate for protestants, and hinder it for Catholics. She will also aim to centralize politcal power under the Countship, and away from the Clergy. She's also gotten a renewed zeal, making her basically a Protestant Zealot, and her wish to educate the commoners are sincere.))

((Letter to Peter Phillips))

Dear Phillips,

It please me that you have seen the light as our Queen did. I wish you the very best of luck for stamping out the corrupt so called Holy Roman church from your lands in Amsterdam.

Kind regards, Anna Rogers.

((Letter to Duchess of Normandy))

Dear Duchess,

I have heard rumors of your measures to convert the population to the true faith. I especially like that you realize the importance of non lating bibles. However, why are you so lenient in the actual conversion of the people? Why will you allow Catholic monestaries? I am sure you can see what they represent, a corrupt and decadent instituions it represent. Why not a third way? Make them help you spread the word of the English Church. However I have deep respect for you, and your tireless efforts for humanism. I would like you to comment on my open letter and my proposals. Perhaps we can cooperate to fulfill certain goals.

Yours kindly, Countess Anna.

Last edited:
Reactions:
December 1492

Walter William Briggs examined the map of Europe spread over the table in his headquarters just north of Paris. He had decided to take up residence in the castle of a local lord rather than in the city itself, for he suspected the French would make an attempt on his life as they did Prince Matthew if he stayed in the city. He had been tasked with keeping an eye on the French until they came around to accepting English rule. Walter suspected that day may well never come, especially if judging by his host's attitude.

The door to the room swung open and a little boy scurried in, giggling wildly. A smirk played across Walter's face as a guard scampered in, one of his own men assigned to watch the child. The boy was a quick one and managed to dive under the table Walter stood at before the guard could catch him. The soldier then crawled underneath and managed to grab the boy by the ankles and drag him out into the open, then snatching him by the arms and holding him up. The boy scrambled wildly, but could not escape the grip.

"Shall I escort this troublemaker out, my lord?" the guard asked, his expression very serious and showing that he was not amused by the recent chase.

"That will not be necessary, Rodrick. Leave the boy be. I don't expect he was sent to kill me. You are dismissed," Walter said. Rodrick dropped the child to the floor and gave a salute. His face was completely red, either from anger or embarrassment, or perhaps a bit of both. The guard then marched outside the room, leaving Walter alone with the boy.

With a smile across his face, Walter said in French, "You really shouldn't harass my guards like that. One of them is liable to hang you from the rafters when I'm not around."

The boy, who could be no more than six, shuffled his feet and looked down at the floor. "I'm sorry, Lord Briggs."

The boy was a spirited lad, that was for sure. Walter had seen him plenty over the past few months in France. The boy, named Nicolas, was the third son of the local count, Guy de Laval, whose castle Walter had requisitioned for his headquarters. Walter had become well acquainted with this boy, for to ensure the loyalty of his host, he had been forced to take a hostage. It was a distasteful practice, but one necessary to ensure he and his men were not harmed. Young Nicolas was kept under watch 24/7, a clear reminder to Count Laval that if he betrayed his guests he would never see his son again. So far it had worked, although Count Laval had made it quite clear he did not like the Englishmen in his castle. Nicolas, so young as to not understand the situation, had taken quite a liking to the guests and had sought out Walter on several occasions.

"What's that?" Nicolas asked, pointing at the map as he stood on his tiptoes to see the top of the table.

Walter smiled at the child's inquisitiveness. He grabbed the boy by under the shoulders and lifted him up to sit on the edge of the table, giving him a better view. "That would be a map of Europe."

The two examined the map, Walter with the cunning eye of a masterful tactician and Nicolas with the imaginative mind of a child. After several seconds, the boy pointed down at the map and asked, "Is that France?"

Walter let out a quiet chuckle, for Nicolas had pointed at Aragon instead. He gently grabbed the boy's hand and moved it so he was pointing a bit further north. "No, this is France."

Nicolas frowned. "Why are there so many coloured blotches?"

The boy was pointing to Burgundy and the other kingdoms dividing up land within France. Walter said, "Those are other countries, ones that took land from your former king and his predecessors. Fortunately now you're ruled by the great Queen Elizabeth. She'll ensure that your kingdom is returned to its former glory."

"She sounds amazing," Nicolas said. A giant grin appeared on his face and he started bouncing on the table. "Can I meet her? I wanna meet the queen!"

Walter chuckled to himself and patted Nicolas on the head. "I'm afraid the queen is a very busy woman. Not only does she have to rule over France, but she's also queen of Austria and her home of England."

The commander pointed out Austria first and then England, making sure to include Norway with a sweep of his hand. Nicolas's eyes went wide and he clapped a hand over England on the map. "That's England? It's so big! And there's no blotches. Aren't there other countries in England like in France?"

"Queen Elizabeth has ensured that England remains unified under her reign. She is truly a wondrous monarch."

"I wanna go to England!" Nicolas said excitedly. "Can you take me there? Please!"

Before Walter could respond, the doors slid open again and this time Count Guy de Laval entered. He scowled at the sight of Walter, holding his nose up at the man. Neither of them was fond of the other. "I have come to collect my son for the evening meal."

Walter was astute enough to notice he was not included in the invitation. Count Laval may be their host, but his hospitality had been minimal at best. He did not let that bother him though. He wouldn't have liked to dine with the snooty Frenchman anyway. Walter looked down at Nicolas and said, "Time for you to go, boy."

Nicolas pouted as he slid off the table. As he walked over to his father, he looked back at the commander and said, "You never said if you'd take my to England."

Count Laval flinched noticeably and Walter did his best not to smile or laugh. He was certain that the count found the idea of any of his family stepping foot in England a grievous insult. Knowing that it'd wound the man even more, Walter said, "Perhaps someday I'll take you there."

Nicolas grinned from ear to ear as his father quickly guided him from the room. He was certain Count Laval would complain to him later about that incident, but he didn't particularly care. The Frenchman just had to deal with it, as did the rest of his country with the English queen on their throne. The quicker they understood that, the better off everyone would be.

The reason for my letter today is the corrupt Papacy. The Papacy under Pope Benedict XIII and his predecessor Pope Hadrianus IV has failed to reform itself for decades.
My hope was that when an Englishman became Pope that he would bring the necessary changes to the Church but he did not do so. In fact, Pope Benedict XIII has done nothing of that kind and I am thoroughly disappointed by that. I believe the rigid ideas that the Papacy is forcing us to follow are hindering our success and progress. Therefore, left with no choice, I, Elizabeth I of House Talbot, Saint of the Holy Church, no longer see Pope Benedict XIII as my religious head.

I send this letter to you following your denouncement of the Church. I have always been a devout Catholic and have followed the Church without question. I do not judge your decision, for one's faith is a personal choice. I still consider myself Catholic, yet to see Your Majesty, a woman proclaimed a living saint by the Pope, denounce it so, it makes me question such a statement of faith. I do not fully understand this new faith, but perhaps that is because it has not had enough time to blossom. I shall make myself plain then. My loyalty has always been to the Crown above all others, even the Church. I pledged an oath to serve Your Majesty and that I will always hold true to. While I'd prefer to remain Catholic, for it is a faith I am familiar with and this Protestantism is not something I comprehend as of yet, if the terms of my service require that I convert, then convert I shall. Just say the word and I shall embrace this new faith without hesitation. I cannot begin to claim which faith is wrong and which is right, but I can at least determine my own loyalty to Your Majesty and the Crown, and that is something that will never falter.

Regardless of my own faith, I advise Your Majesty to be lenient with the Catholics. Most of your subjects remain Catholic, for they have known no other faith. This new faith will be unfamiliar and foreign to the peasants of England, and thus they will remain hesitant to convert. You must show them the goodness of this Protestantism and the wisdom of the decision to convert. Those who come willingly will be more loyal to you in the long run. The persecution of those who are only guilty of following the only faith they have ever known, one their own queen followed until recently, will not endear the people to you. A gentle hand is what is needed here. It might also be wise to resist plundering the Church's resources within England. Many may not look too favourably upon the desecration of something they considered sacred for so long. Perhaps instead the resources of the Church could somehow be used by a new Protestant Church within England, one loyal to Your Majesty. I only hope to avoid conflict between faiths, for I fear that it could devolve into something much bloodier.

I request my brother,Alexander Morgan, be allowed to join the army of her majesty, the Queen of England.

I am always open to noblemen serving in the military. I will ensure that your brother receives proper training, and perhaps in time is assigned to the position of captain of a regiment.

Reactions:
((During the update))

Henry was in his office when the servant came in and told him about the excommunication of the duke of Burgundy. "Good, let's see how they manage to find support to their claims now." Henry stayed late into the night looking over the relations when another servant came in, this time telling about the break up with Castille. "The Castillians were nothing but trouble anyways, the Queen is making the right decisions." After receiving this last piece of news Henry went back home were he found his wife already asleep with their second child, Richard, in her arms and Lewis, his firstborn, in his bed.

((16, March, 1494))

Henry was standing in the center of the new building, meant for hundreds of royal secretaries, and couldn't help but gawk at the magnificence of such a thing, only the most powerful and blessed empire could construct something like this and England was that empire. After a couple more hours standing in place Henry went into his office to find a letter from the Queen telling him to go with Chancellor Clifford to their ally Portugal to pay their respects for the late king Alfonso V and commemorate the rise of Aloaos de Avis.

"Finally I get to see the other courts of Europe! I'll take this chance to prove myself to the Queen and maybe the Chancellor." Henry then set off to pack his things and get ready for the next ship to Portugal.

((24,March, 1494))

That was.....disappointing to say the least. After he and Clifford arrived at Portugal they went their separate ways, Clifford to the palace and Henry to see if he could get more information about the state of the kingdom. After talking with the various courtiers and diplomats of the Royal court he found that the Malians were putting up a tougher fight that at first thought, even more than their Moroccan neighbors. He also learned of the rise of Juan III de Trastamara to the throne of Castille, maybe now they might act more smart. Henry kept like this the entire trip, up until the funeral of the Alfonso. There nobody spoke, rain poring as if God himself was crying over the loss of that man, making the sad mood more somber. After the body was buried and the people left Henry was in such a bad mood that he thanked that the mission was over and took the trade galley to Gascogne. Once there he went to his old house and slept about the dead King and more bad things that kept him up the last hours of dark.

Reactions: