• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Although, I voted against attacking the moon worshippers, it's great to see a new holy order form, fleshing out this alternate history even more. I'd love to see all of this in the vanilla game but, I just wish the other reformed pagans would get more unique flavor eventually, as well.

Reactions:
Although, I voted against attacking the moon worshippers, it's great to see a new holy order form, fleshing out this alternate history even more. I'd love to see all of this in the vanilla game but, I just wish the other reformed pagans would get more unique flavor eventually, as well.

When I'm done with this game in like... 2-3 years? I'm gonna make a new one where I'll play as a Turkish Tribe that migrates to India. So might be some opportunity there.

Reactions:
0Q0hOi7.png

The success in the east has given some attention to the landless nobles nearby. Believing that the Fatamids were weak and decadent on the verge of collapse a lot of young Muslims band under Karatay to reclaim the land and free their brothers. Further research by the Royal court in Trelleborg reveal that he is a distant relative to the current Seljuk head far from the mainline of succession with no hope of getting land. he news of this however were overshadowed by the news of great fleet from foreign lands commonly referred to as Cathay in he west. It seems to be commanded by an explorer named Zheng He and he is literally floating on the water of what can only be refereed to as a monument to naval engineering.

eYtCjtM.png
Wnb8CWV.png

With all the success and the plentiful riches now in the hands of the King he announces a Great Blót to be held in Trelleborg to celebrate and give sacrifice to the gods as thanks. And there are plenty of people just waiting to.... join... the nobles at the feast.

bfjPBkc.png
oia6Okl.png
QiOeMSQ.png

With the honored guests dealt with the party continues to the great hall of the mighty Trelleborg Castle. However the feast towards the end quickly turns sour as the etiquette at the court of a King is broken by mere Chieftains in the far North of Sweden.

QNLM6Am.png
M2sl13P.png
it4E4v7.png

It becomes a scandal throughout the realm, some pointing out that it is but the latest weak Kings that have demanded these silly things as procedures and proper conduct. However for once the members of the Vogelius house are unified in their opinion that it is but proper that the ones that have managed to forge the Greatest Realm the gods have ever seen that they are regarded thereafter. It is obvious that they deserve to be treated as the betters of the rest of the realm. It becomes a heated debate at the blót about how the realm has started to differ from the old ways as the Norse faith has spread over the world.

xKR1lra.png
UmEtJpP.png

Fylkir Lennart since the crusade for Jerusalem was such a success the common folk have started to refer to him as "Lennart the Wise" even though the ones closest to him in secret would probably call him a raving loon. But the peace and quiet is soon disurbed by Karatay Seljuk who finally starts his invasion of Damascus to reclaim it for the Muslims. To ensure future stability the heir of the Kingdom is bethroed to a princess of Milsariki.

19O3pCg.png
GlTBWTd.png
pEziXkR.png

The colonization project of the East has been such a huge success thanks to the riches there so levying troops goes quickly and he armies amount to 16 000 even with most of the population of Damascus still resting their new rulers. However grave news come from the north that the great Fylkir has died and replaced by Prince Jens, brother to King Helge. The Prince also comes of age.

HSTaaAm.png
egw0LOk.png
uttwjMh.png

The first battle takes place in the west of Damascus but the force is defeated before they even get to move in their reinforcements luring in the back and the Seljuk is defeated with barely any Jórsalfarare casualties.

QZy6SyS.png
TGSgbaD.png

Shortly afterwards Karatay surrender as the rest of his men scatter. News from home also tell us how the Prince of Lothian in Skotland manages to win in his invasion of Prussia and eventually declares himself Duke of Prussia.

L4z5q4C.png
hc09g3V.png
g0qZ5fb.png

Seeing the magnificence of the Dreki of the Gleipnir order the King orders that the Royal stables of Trelleborg has been neglected far too long and orders their renovation and expansion. Heir-apparent Prince Ludvig asks his father King Helge to join the Varangian Guard as part of the tradition that all young noble men has to do these days. Of course his father gives him his blessing.

QZyuYvO.png
PK3Yb1t.png

Going to serve in a foreign land as a soldier, talk about harsh "college" tradition....

The years pass as peace, prosperity and growth dominate the policies of the Royal court. But 5 years later Prince Ludvig return from his adventures in Miklagard and he is indeed a changed man.... Which his father will have nothing off! He is forced to abolish all that nonsense before his wedding with Jutta of Milsariki is due.

iEELKpz.png
jES0fwm.png
a8axhno.png

The long rule by the Danish speaking Vogelius family in Värend has caused the population to eventually also adopt Danish as their spoken language and is from now refereed to as Værend. Since the populace was now more acceptive of their masers more money was moved to be spent in Pilsborg. As the years pass slowly, the Fylkir Jens the Pious passes on to Asgard. The Fylkariate elect the old King Helge as the new Fylkir for the last days he has on Midgard.

ek7CRlm.png
UrMOiAw.png
ne7Q2hj.png

However the old man never gets any rest and it is not before long that they require him on the field to lead his troops. The Fatamids have declared Jihad for Jerusalem. The local levies try their best to hold the invading Egyptians at bay.... but it is not looking good. The first battle seems to go well for the Norse side but soon enough the infinite reinforcements of the Caliph comes to bear.

VyPdk4i.png
9HOhOgX.png
qD6uURg.png

0Q0hOi7.png

The men defending their home eventually lose to their enemy however they made sure the Fatamids would pay in plenty.

I9UJ8uF.png
CJ5l1Dc.png

For the Norse Jórsalheim and its inhabitants it seems lost, but they are not alone. the legions of soldiers available to the Kingdom are raised to fight this invasion.The Gleipnir Dragons assemble with the survivors in Tripoli to continue the fight until the Royal armies arrive. A sheikh is attacked by the Gleipnir commanded by the highly skilled Scanian commanders and reduce them all to dust in the desert.

CJ5l1Dc.png
nF2RyUl.png
j3fkxcP.png

This sudden spurge of determination and strength from the Norse believers make the Muslim coordination fall apart as they thought they had already won and it causes a lot of issues with supply and movement with their armies. But eventually the Gleipnir are caught and forced into combat. However the surviving Jórsalfarare in Damascus are moving to reinforce them.

s22sDTL.png
qEa0hZU.png
lPIdv66.png

But it is not enough and it is a humiliating defeat. Luckily though the Scanian armada is just outside the coast of Aragon Africa.

mxSuKF3.png
vPk7bCA.png

They make landfall to the south of Ascalon and immediately engage two Sheikhs. The Fatamids are slow to respond and as the larger force comes closer, the Scanian commanders use clever movements to make their enemy to move into territory where they can not supply their soldiers and slowly kill them by using the desert against them. Another Sheikh is engaged by the other army while the other one waits in Monreal however hey are being encircled by the two larger Jihad armies.

OzoGMI6.png
juno4sx.png
uZVfYr5.png

To not let themselves be encircled the Scanians decide to go full force and eliminate the other large force quickly before the other one can walk around the Dead sea and reinforce their brothers. Thanks to the skilled commanders of the Muslims they manage to stall the Vikings in Umm ar-Rrasas but because of heavy attrition from marching recklessly to get there in time they've taken too much casualties.... and loses

A8UWVf0.png
BPwiNSJ.png
CrLRV8X.png

But alas in one of the smaller skirmishes a lucky warrior manages to get in a heavy blow that pierces through Fylkir Helge's armor. Three days later he dies from fever thanks to the wound and his place in Asgard is surely safe. This causes a ton of confusion within the realm as they are in the middle of a critical point in development and war. Hjalmar decides he is better off ruling his land alone and declares himself King of Damascus.

8lyyE5P.png
0PvxJKN.png
QQAKHyr.png

The Fatamids circle Jerusalem as they hope to find an opening to engage the Norse army guarding it. Hjalmar of Damascus agree to join the defense of Jórsalheim which gives the Scanian troops some time to breath out as the Fatamids has to face a new front. But the fatamids decides to instead end heir quest for the holy city and agrees to a white peace with King Ludvig.

50Ap3E9.png
cbH8iq8.png
YlbOluJ.png

But just a mere days after their defeat the Caliph decides to attack his new neighbour, the King of Damascus. But King Ludvig has no idea what the Caliph was thinking, maybe it was just out of pure spite or he really believed that Skåne wouldn't answer the call to a state who split off them. The Fatamids now without support from their lower nobility has not enough troops to fight even just the Jórsalfarare armies. It doesn't become better when the Pope declares another Crusade.

LDFfLBC.png
mpMZ1Mg.png
EjoHxcU.png

It doesn't take long before the Fatamids surrender. Shortly there after the Egyptian Crusader State is reinstated as the Egyptians fall to the Kaiser's armies. However this time it is not a Salian placed as King in Egypt but the Kaiser's half brother Rudolf.

ggUcNsy.png
raDjqLn.png
bHtYH90.png

It is a strange world we are moving against. The Vikings have returned and reclaimed themselves as the dominant power of Europe. The Aztecs have attempted a large scale invasion to feed their vast empire in a distant world however they were repelled by the Scanian Kingdom and the Holy Roman Empire. In its wake a new Kingdom was formed, the Kingdom of Milsarikí belonging to the von Marienburg family once the proud rulers of the Romuva Empire of Lithuania that so long held out against the Catholics advances on them until they got destroyed internally by converted local nobles.

While most of Europe is entering what we today call the Renaissance, the Norsemen follow a similar path were being a Scholar and Borger are starting to become a prominent and more common member of the realms making the Scanian's discovering science and philosophy instead of rediscovering. "The Kingdom can not exist on warriors alone" is a phrase that is commonly used but also started quite a lot of tension in Scandinavia. In Ireland, Skotland and Arymôr the practices are starting to differ from the faith preached in Uppsala as some of the local populace take inspiration from their Catholic roots and neighbors. And as was shown with Damascus keeping a tight control of the distant realms of Skotland Arymôr and Jórsalheim might prove difficult...

Also as the wars of Jórsalheim and Damascus have showed us that professional training, veteran commanders, placement, movement and supply trains of armies is starting to become much more vital in the grander scheme's of war.

This is last chapter in the Crusader Kings II part of this LP but tomorrow I will put up a summary and look around the world and the state of it which is why you aren't getting the maps right now. I will also start the process of conversion to EU4 and writing some cool unique stuff for this world. If you have suggestions then let me know.

MAPS, we need more MAPS ! :p
They are coming tomorrow together with a detailed rundown of each part of the world and their history.

Reactions:
Fantastic conclusion to a great AAR. I look forward to the EU4 portion, as well as that Turkish Tribe in India one proposed above (likely years from now). Are you planning on releasing a mod with all the features you added?

Any chance Zheng He might be making it into the vanilla game, with Horse Lords? I'm also curious what his apparent success in this timeline means for China. Perhaps they won't be as insular?

Any chance Zheng He might be making it into the vanilla game, with Horse Lords? I'm also curious what his apparent success in this timeline means for China. Perhaps they won't be as insular?

That is in Vanilla....

Reactions:
That is in Vanilla....
Well, at least you know now for sure how often the average person plays CK2 until the Renaissance.

Reactions:
Damascus and Jerusalem in Norse hands! Great story and writing so far, looking forward to the general world update and the EU4 continuation. Also, one really sees how much effort you put down in this story when you start coding and adding things in! More than one year of campagning. I had never seen Zheng He either, but it would be interesting if there were converter possibilities around that!

Will you keep going with Allthing sessions in EU4?

Just to make sure, you all realize Zheng He was a real person and actually did make that same trip. It doesn't mean anything other than a historical tidbit.

Just to make sure, you all realize Zheng He was a real person and actually did make that same trip. It doesn't mean anything other than a historical tidbit.
If this was adressed to me, yes I do, and that was why I replied. ;) An interesting alt-history would be if he had been allowed to continue his voyages, instead of the Ming closing down ports and stopping.

Reactions:
If this was adressed to me, yes I do, and that was why I replied. ;) An interesting alt-history would be if he had been allowed to continue his voyages, instead of the Ming closing down ports and stopping.
1 - It wasn't addressed specifically to you. It was meant to be for anyone who might have thought that Groogy put that event in and that Zheng He is as fictional as the Aztec Invasion of Europe.

2 - Non-isolation Ming would be an interesting alt-history.

2 - Non-isolation Ming would be an interesting alt-history.
Yes, and I'm sure @Attalus can confirm this, considering all the work he has done with the Victoria 2 mod that has that as one of it's divergence points. But perhaps having that in the vanilla game as a possibility would be going too far.

I had never seen Zheng He either, but it would be interesting if there were converter possibilities around that!
I will be modding China and the Muslim world to not be as nerfed as Europe. I will instead make a system around industrialization so everyone has a change to enter that age but when one group does that then the others will start falling behind. Also it will change so some stuff like the revolutionary target can only happen to those.

Reactions:
I will be modding China and the Muslim world to not be as nerfed as Europe. I will instead make a system around industrialization so everyone has a change to enter that age but when one group does that then the others will start falling behind. Also it will change so some stuff like the revolutionary target can only happen to those.

Seems good and ambitious although I'll need to see how it works to understand it :p

Yes, and I'm sure @Attalus can confirm this, considering all the work he has done with the Victoria 2 mod that has that as one of it's divergence points. But perhaps having that in the vanilla game as a possibility would be going too far.
You called me ? :p
Indeed Zhang He's trips being expanded is the least plausible PoD but the one who leads to the most awesome things of the mod so it has stuck around.
Anyway a few variations also depending on the Mongols could be good. If the Golden Horde/Illkhanate still controls the Tamir Basin in Hoorse Lords then China should have a chance to become their religion or at least the Mongolian Khanate