The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's my headcanon that the forum is a multiverse, one of many multiverses of fictional media (so other alt histories are in their own multiverse), and each AAR is a universe. I like your idea about a chronicler, but it still doesn't answer the question of why the narrator was kicked out during the Anarchy.
Malcolm Bethune usurped the throne because of the Archangel Raphael´s plan to cause the Fifty Years War right? We could just have Raphael sack and replace the Chronicler for awhile for his own amusement before Wilhelm brings the original chronicler back after Bethune is overthrown, I think that´d be a good way to explain it.

Malcolm Bethune usurped the throne because of the Archangel Raphael´s plan to cause the Fifty Years War right? We could just have Raphael sack and replace the Chronicler for awhile for his own amusement before Wilhelm brings the original chronicler back after Bethune is overthrown, I think that´d be a good way to explain it.
But I implied the "new" narrator isn't Raphael.

I didn´t mean that, I just said that Raphael replaced the Chronicler with someone else, not himself. There was some bad grammar on my part in the original post through, so I understand why you were confused. Just so you know what my intention was.:)
If we're going with what TWR said, the Chronicler likely ranks far higher than angels in the celestial hierarchy, and he can't be dislodged by even an archangel.

If we're going with what TWR said, the Chronicler likely ranks far higher than angels in the celestial hierarchy, and he can't be dislodged by even an archangel.
True, maybe it would be a similar position to what happened with Gaberial where the Chronicler was absent for some reason and Raphael had a temporary substitute fill in the Chronicler´s place until the Chronicler returned and dealt with the replacement. I mean, the temporary narrator of the Anarchy did spew pro Malcolm propaganda which I don´t think the Chronicler would take kindly to, so once the Chronicler returned on his own, he´d punish his substitute in someway. So I think it wouldn´t be so much that the Chronicler was disloged from his job so much as he was absent from it and Raphael choose a temporary substitute until the Chronicler returned.

In a change of topic, how are your Andromeda rewrites going @TWR97 ? I understand that it will take you awhile to write full interludes for them, but if you are having trouble with ideas, I´d be happy to share some in the PM chat if you want. You can also share some ideas you´ve come up with in the PM chat. I´m just asking about your progress with the Andromeda Trilogy.:)

True, maybe it would be a similar position to what happened with Gaberial where the Chronicler was absent for some reason and Raphael had a temporary substitute fill in the Chronicler´s place until the Chronicler returned and dealt with the replacement. I mean, the temporary narrator of the Anarchy did spew pro Malcolm propaganda which I don´t think the Chronicler would take kindly to, so once the Chronicler returned on his own, he´d punish his substitute in someway. So I think it wouldn´t be so much that the Chronicler was disloged from his job so much as he was absent from it and Raphael choose a temporary substitute until the Chronicler returned.

In a change of topic, how are your Andromeda rewrites going @TWR97 ? I understand that it will take you awhile to write full interludes for them, but if you are having trouble with ideas, I´d be happy to share some in the PM chat if you want. You can also share some ideas you´ve come up with in the PM chat. I´m just asking about your progress with the Andromeda Trilogy.:)
I was trying to say there is no way Raphael can replace the Chronicler because the Chronicler is much more powerful than him.

I was trying to say there is no way Raphael can replace the Chronicler because the Chronicler is much more powerful than him.
I think its best that we move on from this discussion, since it seems to be going no where unfortunately. We're free to return to this idea later if you want, depending on if we can find a way for this to work. Besides, I'm a bit too preparing for finals now to be engage in this conversation, so I think its safe to call this discussion off for now.

I think its best that we move on from this discussion, since it seems to be going no where unfortunately. We're free to return to this idea later if you want, depending on if we can find a way for this to work. Besides, I'm a bit too preparing for finals now to be engage in this conversation, so I think its safe to call this discussion off for now.
Sure thing.

@CaptainAlvious unfortunately due to having never played Andromeda the planned interludes are barely a concept as of now, and I got a severe case of writer's block as I can't get any good ideas for the interlude. You are welcome to try and be the one to do the interludes though if you are up for it. With that said I did manage to write up a mini interlude on the various media works during the 'After 3' era just before Andromeda however even this is not finished yet so as of right now there are no other Mass Effect interludes unfortunately.

@CaptainAlvious unfortunately due to having never played Andromeda the planned interludes are barely a concept as of now, and I got a severe case of writer's block as I can't get any good ideas for the interlude. You are welcome to try and be the one to do the interludes though if you are up for it. With that said I did manage to write up a mini interlude on the various media works during the 'After 3' era just before Andromeda however even this is not finished yet so as of right now there are no other Mass Effect interludes unfortunately.
Alright, I'm not sure if I can do full interludes for Andromeda myself as I've kind of run out of ideas, so I guess the Andromeda trilogy is up in the air for now. I'm still waiting to see if @HIMDogson has some ideas too. That being said, I'll look forward to your mini interlude.:)

I know you haven't watched or read the Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series @zenphoenix , but I do have some media ideas I wish to share with you related to that series. The main ideas I have are a couple spin off series set in the ASOIAF world, namely a Chinese produced spin off based on the Essos nation of Yi Ti, inspired by @HIMDogson 's ASOIAF post on Photos of Kaiserreich, and another spin off series based off GRRM's Sir Ducan the Tall books. A sequel series to Game of Thrones might also be made as well, taking place about a generation or so after the end of the series. I kind also see GRRM finishing the books before the show in TTL, through this might be unlikely unfortunately. I can see that Yi Ti spin off show taking place at the same time as GOT having several crossover episodes with Game of Thrones, with some characters from the main series making cameos. What are your thoughts on these spin off ideas?

I was also wondering if anyone was up for writing a Game of Thrones rewrite here, seeing as a lot of people latley have been writing rewrites of season eight so far. I'm not sure if I'm up for this, mostly since I'm not sure what to change about the early seasons of, but I'm thinking either @TWR97 or @HIMDogson are welcome to try out GOT interludes here, espically since HIMDogson has written a GOT rewrite before. I'll leave to them to decide and see what they think.:)

Last edited:
Given how the War of the Roses in TTL is but a minor event (I think more of a 1940s gang war) ASOIAF in the Hohenzollernverse would be way too different compared to our own. Like I said in the previous pages it'd probably more based on Malcolm Belthune's reign plus the religious war between Orthodoxy and TTL's Protestants. Though I'd be happy to do a collab with @HIMDogson for the interludes if he's up for it and if I ever get out of this blasted writer's block. Also if you all like it, ASOIAF should be called A Symphony of Frost and Flame cause why not? :D:p

I know you haven't watched or read the Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series @zenphoenix , but I do have some media ideas I wish to share with you related to that series. The main ideas I have are a couple spin off series set in the ASOIAF world, namely a Chinese produced spin off based on the Essos nation of Yi Ti, inspired by @HIMDogson 's ASOIAF post on Photos of Kaiserreich, and another spin off series based off GRRM's Sir Ducan the Tall books. A sequel series to Game of Thrones might also be made as well, taking place about a generation or so after the end of the series. I kind also see GRRM finishing the books before the show in TTL, through this might be unlikely unfortunately. I can see that Yi Ti spin off show taking place at the same time as GOT having several crossover episodes with Game of Thrones, with some characters from the main series making cameos. What are your thoughts on these spin off ideas?

I was also wondering if anyone was up for writing a Game of Thrones rewrite here, seeing as a lot of people latley have been writing rewrites of season eight so far. I'm not sure if I'm up for this, mostly since I'm not sure what to change about the early seasons of, but I'm thinking either @TWR97 or @HIMDogson are welcome to try out GOT interludes here, espically since HIMDogson has written a GOT rewrite before. I'll leave to them to decide and see what they think.:)
Given how the War of the Roses in TTL is but a minor event (I think more of a 1940s gang war) ASOIAF in the Hohenzollernverse would be way too different compared to our own. Like I said in the previous pages it'd probably more based on Malcolm Belthune's reign plus the religious war between Orthodoxy and TTL's Protestants. Though I'd be happy to do a collab with @HIMDogson for the interludes if he's up for it and if I ever get out of this blasted writer's block. Also if you all like it, ASOIAF should be called A Symphony of Frost and Flame cause why not? :D:p
I'd love to see a Yi Ti spinoff. I've been reading the GoT lore lately, and I would really like to learn more about Yi Ti (especially about that oily black stone which seems to pop up everywhere and cause mayhem for some reason). I agree ASOIAF would be very different because the War of the Roses didn't happen here, but I suppose it could be based more on classical antiquity mixed with the unification of the Reich, the crusades, and the Anarchy and Fifty Years' War.

ASOFAF sounds like a cool name.

I'd love to see a Yi Ti spinoff. I've been reading the GoT lore lately, and I would really like to learn more about Yi Ti (especially about that oily black stone which seems to pop up everywhere and cause mayhem for some reason). I agree ASOIAF would be very different because the War of the Roses didn't happen here, but I suppose it could be based more on classical antiquity mixed with the unification of the Reich, the crusades, and the Anarchy and Fifty Years' War.

ASOFAF sounds like a cool name.
We can even fit in some historical influences from the Crisis of the Third Century too, mostly so we can have a War of the Five Kings (or rather Emperors most likely). Maybe if we’re pushing it, Maximist Wars in the case of the Blackfyre rebellions, Gods how I wished for the show to have integrated the Blackfyre rebellions.:( Anyhow, since A symphony of Frost and Flame’s main inspiration will be the Anarchy and Fifty Years War, I suppose that would mean Robert Baratheon and Aerys II Targerean will have a bit of role switch with who’s the mad king ITTL most likely.:eek: And of course, there could be a Faith Militant rebellion later on in the story, kind of like the one Maegor the Cruel put down centuries before the story. I can also see the Wall taking more inspiration from the Germanos line than Harridans Wall, more on that later.

Ideally, the show might intergrate the more Lovecraftian stories the books have. after all, Yi Ti does border the land of Ashai, which is a very magical and Lovecraftian land in itself, so I can see the Yi Ti show would have more Lovecraftian shenanigans than the main Westeros series.:p Yi Ti does also have its own equivalent to the Wall in the form of the Five Forts too, so maybe the Symphony of Frost and Flame would have two groups of White Walkers under different leadership and characteristics, one invading Westeros through the Wall in the North, and another invading Essos through the Five Forts. Also, since ASOIAF is famous for being a dark story with morally grey characters, maybe their would be a twist that would paint the White Walkers in a better light than murderous Ice Demons, like them invading Westeros for the sins of man or something. And like I said, the Westeros and Essos White Walkers will have different leaders, with the Westerosi Others being the same as OTL (Night King in the show and possibly Night’s King in the books) while the Essos Others will follow the Lion of Night, who will be revealed to be the Many Faced God the Faceless Men worship, the Lion of Night would be the ultimate god and creator and the Others. I can say that the Westerosi White Walkers will be very different from their Essos counterparts, through I’ll leave that for @TWR97 and @HIMDogson to decide how.

And last but not least, since I think A symphony of Frost and Flame will take more inspiration from the Reich´s history in the Global 17th Century Crisis and the First Empire´s Crisis of the Third Century, I think Westeros would be more like a unstable but strong Empire like Ancient Rome and less like a decentralized feudal realm with powerful defacto kingdoms like the HRE, at least that´s my opinion. I think the ruling title of Westeros would probably be something like the Emperor of the Seven Provinces, rather than King of the Seven Kingdoms. So we can see something like the Westerosi Empire that the noble houses fight over contrast and compare to the Valarian Freehold or the Gold Empire of Yi Ti in a lot of ways through out the story.

Plus, we could keep most of the lore of ASOIAF the same right up till Aegon´s Conquest of Westeros (which could be a mix between Alexander the Great´s Conquest and the Fredrick I and II´s Crusades), so that´s about eight thousand years of lore we don´t have to change, through we still have 300 years of world building to figure out.
That sounds good, and now I´m thinking of giving each book differnet subtitles as well, but I´m not sure what should replace titles like A Game of Thrones or A Dance with Dragons with. I´ll come back to you later when I can come up with new subtitles okay.:)

Man did I write a lot of stuff there, well at least I hope these notes and disscussions will be useful to @TWR97 and @HIMDogson if they do decide to go ahead with the ASOIAF interludes, hopefully I can offer more ideas and discussions to help them out with that story.:)

Last edited:
We can even fit in some historical influences from the Crisis of the Third Century too, mostly so we can have a War of the Five Kings (or rather Emperors most likely). Maybe if we’re pushing it, Maximist Wars in the case of the Blackfyre rebellions, Gods how I wished for the show to have integrated the Blackfyre rebellions.:( Anyhow, since A symphony of Frost and Flame’s main inspiration will be the Anarchy and Fifty Years War, I suppose that would mean Robert Baratheon and Aerys II Targerean will have a bit of role switch with who’s the mad king ITTL most likely.:eek: And of course, there could be a Faith Militant rebellion later on in the story, kind of like the one Maegor the Cruel put down centuries before the story. I can also see the Wall taking more inspiration from the Germanos line than Harridans Wall, more on that later.
You could also throw in some comparisons to the barbarian invasions of the Thirteenth Century Crisis and the reigns of the three Wilhelms.
Ideally, the show might intergrate the more Lovecraftian stories the books have. after all, Yi Ti does border the land of Ashai, which is a very magical and Lovecraftian land in itself, so I can see the Yi Ti show would have more Lovecraftian shenanigans than the main Westeros series.:p Yi Ti does also have its own equivalent to the Wall in the form of the Five Forts too, so maybe the Symphony of Frost and Flame would have two groups of White Walkers under different leadership and characteristics, one invading Westeros through the Wall in the North, and another invading Essos through the Five Forts. Also, since ASOIAF is famous for being a dark story with morally grey characters, maybe their would be a twist that would paint the White Walkers in a better light than murderous Ice Demons, like them invading Westeros for the sins of man or something. And like I said, the Westeros and Essos White Walkers will have different leaders, with the Westerosi Others being the same as OTL (Night King in the show and possibly Night’s King in the books) while the Essos Others will follow the Lion of Night, who will be revealed to be the Many Faced God the Faceless Men worship, the Lion of Night would be the ultimate god and creator and the Others. I can say that the Westerosi White Walkers will be very different from their Essos counterparts, through I’ll leave that for @TWR97 and @HIMDogson to decide how.
Can't we just have the White Walkers be outright evil? They were being set up to invade Westeros for the entire series, and making their invasion justified when you've been made to sympathize with the humans (at least one of them) would be a cop-out. As it stands right now (I don't know much of what happened in later books/seasons), the White Walkers are the ever present threat which urges the human realms to put aside their differences and work together to stop them (although they don't seem to be listening). If they're painted in a positive or neutral light with a morally gray background (like they're fleeing something even worse or punishing the humans for their sins), that takes away from the tensions between humans as they focus more on fighting each other than preparing for the White Walkers.
And last but not least, since I think A symphony of Frost and Flame will take more inspiration from the Reich´s history in the Global 17th Century Crisis and the First Empire´s Crisis of the Third Century, I think Westeros would be more like a unstable but strong Empire like Ancient Rome and less like a decentralized feudal realm with powerful defacto kingdoms like the HRE, at least that´s my opinion. I think the ruling title of Westeros would probably be something like the Emperor of the Seven Provinces, rather than King of the Seven Kingdoms. So we can see something like the Westerosi Empire that the noble houses fight over contrast and compare to the Valarian Freehold or the Gold Empire of Yi Ti in a lot of ways through out the story.
So would Westeros be like Valyria before the fall? Could it possibly claim descent from or to be the continuation of Valyria's empire? Maybe Westeros would take after the pre-restoration Byzantine system, where the monarch reigns supreme as the divine's representative in the mortal world but without a clearly defined succession law, so there is plenty of palace intrigue and military coups. And maybe the noble families would take after the dynatoi of the eastern empire than traditional French/English feudalism, in that they don't technically own the land they rule but are "granted" it by the emperor.
Plus, we could keep most of the lore of ASOIAF the same right up till Aegon´s Conquest of Westeros (which could be a mix between Alexander the Great´s Conquest and the Fredrick I and II´s Crusades), so that´s about eight thousand years of lore we don´t have to change, through we still have 300 years of world building to figure out.
I agree Aegon's Conquest would be a mix of Alexander the Great and the two Friedrichs' crusades. Maybe Aegon could be a woman to mirror Saint Wilhelmina. Though I don't know what to do with the sister-wives, because having two brother-husbands might be a little confusing.

Also, don't forget about the oily black stone. I seem to remember there was that abandoned city in the southern jungle and those alleged fish-people in the east with their throne made of the black stone, as well as the black stone which seemingly fell from space and led to the end of the Great Empire of the Dawn. There's a lot that can be done with it.

Destroyer of Worlds, Part 1

Kleber Square, Strasburg - August 2, 2011, 2:23 PM

A mall crowd moved from level to level by escalator as bland piped-in music sieved the soul from a once popular tune. One routine coffee patron stopped for his usual fare at a centrally-located Starmarks kiosk.

“Hi Norbert,” the barista said, “Mocha, one percent, no whip?”

“That’s it,” Norbert said.

The barista handed over a cup of coffee. “That will be 4.80.”

Norbert held his phone to the scanner and paid for the coffee.

“Enjoy,” the barista said.

He took the escalator down to street level to exit into the main square. However, he barely got off the escalator before he dropped to his knees and vented steam and smoke, his body incinerating itself in seconds. As Norbert’s charred body dropped to the floor, dozens of other elevator riders also collapsed and self-incinerated. Jessica, realizing what was happening, quickly stopped in her traps.

“Wait!” she said. “Don't move. I think when they move, they die. Nobody move!”

Anders and Diana’s house

Anders and Diana relaxed at the coffee table, reading the real estate section of the Constantinople edition of Die Zeiten.

“Pempton?” Diana said.

“No,” Anders said.

“Deuteron?”

“Uh, only if we want Anna to annoy Angie all day.”

“Psamathia?”

“Only if I'm dead.”

They both laughed.

“Alright,” Anders said, “There’s a nice place in Galata. Three beds, central heat and air, lots of room for Walter and Anna. It's got a working fireplace in the bedroom.”

“We really should be looking at schools for Alex before we find a place for Anna,” Diana said.

“Agreed,” Anders said.

His phone suddenly rang. He checked it and saw he was receiving two calls simultaneously, from Anna and Angela.

“Why don’t they call me?” Diana said.

Kleber Square - 2:46 PM

Walter and Olga stopped at the yellow tape and watched the agents in hazmat suits as they inspected the dead bodies and the immobilized patrons still alive.

“What's he doing?” Walter said. “No! Over by the second woman! The one that's still smoking. No, you ninny. The next one over!”

“Walter, take off your coat,” Olga said, “It’s 75 degrees, for yebat’s sake!”

“I'm quite capable of looking after myself,” Walter said.

“Last time you did that, you showed up wearing nothing,” Olga said, “In the middle of winter. When the Rhine froze over.”

One of the agents removed his helmet. “We're good. No airborne toxins.”

“Thank you,” Walter said, immediately rushing past the tape.

“Walter!” Olga said. “Don't forget your—”

Walter ran back to her. “I need my kit.”

Olga handed the kit to him.

“Please,” Jessica begged Walter as he walked among them, “Please, do something. Help us.”

Walter noticed Norbert’s phone on the ground, and picked it up. He unlocked it, as it didn’t have a password, and its mobile payment app was still open.

“Maybe the deaths are associated with this mobile transaction,” Walter said.

“No, Walter, this is just how people pay for things now,” Olga said, "On the other side, they’ve been doing this for the last twenty years.”

“Hmm?” Walter said.

“Uh, he probably just bought that coffee,” Olga said, pointing to a spilled cup of coffee next to Norbert’s body.

“What will they think of next?” Walter said.

“My thoughts exactly,” Olga said.

At the entrance, Erich led Angela, Anders, Diana, and Anna in from the square.

“All we know so far, at 2:23 PM more than two dozen people apparently experienced spontaneous human combustion,” he said.

“You know that's a myth, right?” Anna said.

“Eh…” Anders said.

“There are survivors,” Erich said, “Remaining still seems to have halted the ignition process... for now.”

“Do we have any idea what's caused this?” Diana said.

“I'm hoping Dr. Humboldt can help shed some light on that,” Erich said.

Walter looked at one of the corpses. “Okay, my friend. Let's see what secrets you hold. Hmm. I had a watch similar to this once. Elisabeth’s uncle gave it to me. Heinrich Tesla, impoverished, by his nephew’s standards. He loved rhubarb. He was always…"

“...am I going to die?!” Jessica said, frustrated by Walter’s lack of help.

“I can't answer that,” Walter said, “Not yet.”

“What are you?” Jessica asked.

“What am…I'm human,” Walter said, “What are you? Is this an alien invasion? Are you part of a strike force to enslave us? My son would like to know!”

"No, I mean, I mean, what are you doing here?” the woman said. "Are you a doctor?”

“Oh, no,” Walter said, “I'm a scientist. Uh... May I take a blood sample? The discomfort will only be momentary.”

“That's what all men say,” Jessica said.

“Hey!” Anders said.

“You are very brave,” Walter said, “Like my daughter.”

“Go on, then,” Jessica said.

As Walter drew blood from her arm, he noticed a smudge on her fingertips.

“I'm sorry...um, where did you get this smudging on your fingertips?” he asked.

“I don't know,” Jessica said, “The escalator, maybe?”

Walter scraped off a sample of the smudge and put it in a vial. He walked back to the team and handed Angela the vial of blood. Olga helped set up a high-resolution microscope for Angela to look at the blood sample.

“Her blood definitely shows signs of a foreign incursion at the cellular level,” Angela said.

“Viral?” Anders said.

“We'll have to get it back to the lab to be sure,” Angela said.

Walter looked at the vial. “What sort of virus are you? If you were aerolized, you would have infected everyone, not just those on the escalator. If you were harbored on a water tap or a doorknob, the first few contacts would have wiped you clean. What would have kept you fresh and so infectious, my lethal friend?”

Diana pointed to the base of the escalator landing, where technicians had removed the cover.

“Hey, I think we found something,” she said.

The technicians hauled out a device attached to the handrail assembly.

“Oh, dear,” Walter said.

“This is not a virus at all,” Anders said.

“Well, then what is it?” Olga said.

“The escalator is infested with—” Walter said.

“—nanites,” Anders finished.

“Again?” Erich said.

“That machine is generating them,” Anders said, “Less advanced than the ones we’ve dealt with in the past, I hope.”

“They better be,” Erich said.

“Despite their itty-bitty size, each of them is capable of storing a tremendous amount of energy, and it would seem they can be overloaded by the biological kinetic energy stored in the cells of anyone infected,” Walter said.

“You mean, these people's movement is what's activating the nanites?” Anna said.

“That's what I just said,” Walter said.

“And the longer they are in the bloodstream, the more sensitive they become, so the slightest exertion can trigger the overload,” Anders said.

“Causing them to spontaneously combust,” Diana said.

“Like a soda pop bottle after shaking,” Walter said, “Or Cola Bier and Mentos.”

“Okay, so who would do this, and how do we stop it?” Angela said.

“I don't know,” Walter said, “I need my lab.”

“Well we can't move them, Walter,” Olga said, “How are we going to get one of these people to the lab?”

“Very carefully,” Walter said.

“We can't risk it,” Angela said.

“I don't know how long these people have left, even without moving them,” Walter said, “I can't be certain.”

“Do you have any kind of insurance?” Jessica said. “I mean, if I volunteer for your experiment and something goes wrong, what happens, you know, to my next of kin?”

“The Athanatoi takes care of you,” Diana said, “Everybody we work with is fully covered under imperial law. It's in the regs.”

“Okay,” Jessica said, “Whatever you need.”

"I'm sorry, what's your name?” Angela said.

“Jessica Holt,” Jessica said.

“Do you know what you're saying, Jessica?” Angela said.

“Yeah, I do,” Jessica said.

“I need a solid-board stretcher, uh, and some ice packs and a blanket,” Walter said.

Walter’s lab - 3:30 PM

While Walter analyzed his samples, Jessica fidgeted on a gurney.

“Must seem a little bizarre, huh?” Anders said.

“Well, I'm an emergency room nurse,” Jessica said, “Night shifts on Fridays, that's bizarre.”

“If there anything we can do to make it a little more pleasant, please let us know,” Angela said.

“Actually, there is,” Jessica said, “Could you get my phone for me, please? It's in my handbag.”

“Of course,” Angela said, getting the phone.

She held the phone to Jessica, who unlocked it and speed-dialed a number.

“Thank you,” she said, “Mike, it's me. No, I know. Um. yeah. listen, I, um, I need you to pick up Sarah after school for me, please. No, I know it's not your day, um, but, you know, please, Mike. Um, I'll explain it to you later, okay? Okay, bye. Thanks.”

“Of course,” Angela said.

“How long until this antidote is ready?” Jessica asked.

“I'll just check with Walter,” Anders said.

He walked over to Walter’s workstation. “How close are we?”

“We're starting to see first results now,” Walter said.

“But how long will it take?” Anders said.

“At this rate, it's gonna be at least a couple of more minutes,” Anna said.

“Hey Walter, her temperature's rising rapidly,” Diana said, pointing at her computer.

“How rapidly?” Walter said.

“Uh, two degrees in the past 23 seconds,” Olga said.

“What about an ice bath?” Anders said.

“No, that won't help, just try to keep her calm,” Walter said.

“Jessica, I just want you to focus on me, okay?” Angela said.

“Okay,” Jessica said.

“Anna, grab the ammonium nitrate,” Walter said.

“You want to speed up the condensation?” Anna said.

“Not unless you have a better idea,” Walter said.

“Walter, she's at 104 degrees,” Diana said.

“Uh, we need sixty seconds more,” Walter said.

“We don't have sixty seconds!” Anders said.

“Oh, my God,” Jessica said.

Angela took her hand. “Jessica, just focus on your breathing.”

“Walter!” Olga said.

“Forty seconds more!” Walter said.

Suddenly, Jessica relaxed. Her breathing slowed.

“How are you doing that?” she said.

“Her temperature’s dropping,” Diana said.

The lights went out.

“She’s…okay,” Anders said.

Jessica looked like she felt much better. “How did you do that?”

“I have no idea,” Angela said.

Walter finished his serum and injected Jessica with it.

“This should permanently remove and neutralize the nanites in your system,” he said.

“Thank you,” Jessica said, “I can breathe now.”

“You and a lot of other people,” Anders said.

Angela pushed Walter into a corner.

“Uncle Walter, do you have any idea what just happened to me?” she said.

“I could make an educated guess,” Walter said, “Cortexiphan has given you certain powers. Moving molecules so quickly you can create spontaneous combustion, yes? Well, perhaps in this case, you slowed the molecules down, causing her to cool down."

“But how did I do it?” Angela said.

“I'm afraid I have no idea,” Walter said.

“I should get her home,” Angela said.

3:45 PM

Angela led Jessica across the campus to a waiting taxi.

“You'll let me know what happens with the others, then?” Jessica said.

“I will, but now the antidote's been synthesized, they'll all be fine, thanks to you,” Angela said.

“Thank you,” Jessica said, “I don't know how you did it, but you did.”

“You know, not everybody would volunteer to be my uncle’s guinea pig,” Angela said.

“It wasn't really for me,” Jessica said, “I've got a four-foot-tall redhead at home who's constantly in dire need of Mac and Cheese and help with her math. And her father's an idiot. Well, if you ever need help getting to the head of the line in an emergency room…”

“I’m a medical doctor too,” Angela said, “If you need someone to operate on you…or if you have any more symptoms, give me a call.”

She handed Jessica her business card.

“I will,” Jessica said.

“Thank you,” Angela said.

Jessica got in the cab and drove away. Angela answered her phone.

“Hansen,” she said.

“We know who's responsible for the nanites,” Erich said.

Strasburg field office - 4:00 PM

Kurtz displayed security camera footage from the mall, where they saw David attaching the device to the escalator.

“This was taken ten minutes before the first victim was reported,” he said, "Another camera picked him up leaving the scene, but we lost him after that.”

“So what does infecting people with nanites have to do with ending the world?”Angela said.

“Everything Jansen’s done has been in service of collapsing our two universes in order to create a third,” Diana said.

“But destroying the bridge ruined that plan,” Erich said.

“As far as we know,” Anders said.

“You think he found another way to create his own universe in place of ours?” Kurtz said.

“I don't know,” Anders said.

“But we do know Jansen,” Anna said, “We know he's not going to just give up.”

Walter’s lab

Walter studied the nanites under a microscope. His eyes widened.

“No,” he said, “That can’t be. A chimeric structure in nanites. I don't believe it.”

Olga walked into the lab.

“Just got back from the office,” she said, “Jansen is definitely behind this.”

She noticed Walter’s concern. “Walter, what is it?”

“A hundred different ways to design a nanite, and he chose this,” Walter said, “It's inconceivable. Not by chance. Jansen isn't smart enough, not by himself.”

“Wait, what are you saying?” Olga said.

“Jansen didn't create these nanites,” Walter said, “They're not his design! There's only one person who would construct this particular pattern.”

“Who?” Olga said.

“Wilhelm Tesla,” Walter said.

You could also throw in some comparisons to the barbarian invasions of the Thirteenth Century Crisis and the reigns of the three Wilhelms.
Those sound like reasonable historical influences, I´ll try to think of other historical analogues that could work well for Game of Thrones.
Can't we just have the White Walkers be outright evil? They were being set up to invade Westeros for the entire series, and making their invasion justified when you've been made to sympathize with the humans (at least one of them) would be a cop-out. As it stands right now (I don't know much of what happened in later books/seasons), the White Walkers are the ever present threat which urges the human realms to put aside their differences and work together to stop them (although they don't seem to be listening). If they're painted in a positive or neutral light with a morally gray background (like they're fleeing something even worse or punishing the humans for their sins), that takes away from the tensions between humans as they focus more on fighting each other than preparing for the White Walkers.
You do make a good point, I suppose it would cheapen the threat and mystery of the Others if they ended up having an understandable motivation for their invasion, I was just throwing out ideas to see what would work and I guess this one doesn´t work too well. Through I still like the idea of two groups of White Walkers invading Westeros and Essos respectively, along with the Many Faced God having created the Others, it might add an interesting connection between the Faceless Men and the Others, seeing as how the Faceless Men see death as a gift and mercy.
So would Westeros be like Valyria before the fall? Could it possibly claim descent from or to be the continuation of Valyria's empire? Maybe Westeros would take after the pre-restoration Byzantine system, where the monarch reigns supreme as the divine's representative in the mortal world but without a clearly defined succession law, so there is plenty of palace intrigue and military coups. And maybe the noble families would take after the dynatoi of the eastern empire than traditional French/English feudalism, in that they don't technically own the land they rule but are "granted" it by the emperor.
Yeah, I can see Westeros taking a lot of inspiration from the pre Restorian Byzantine Empire, if the Targearns bring surviving Valyarian notability with them to Westeros. I can see the culture of Westeros being more akin to the Byzantine culture with theme systems rather than Feudal Western Europe.
I agree Aegon's Conquest would be a mix of Alexander the Great and the two Friedrichs' crusades. Maybe Aegon could be a woman to mirror Saint Wilhelmina. Though I don't know what to do with the sister-wives, because having two brother-husbands might be a little confusing.
That makes sense, I can see Aegon being a woman with two brother-husbands in TTL. I assume Deanerys would be the same as OTL since she does already have a Hohenzollern analouge in the form of Kaiserin Sophia “the Righteous”, through I’m not sure how the end of her character arc should play out.
Also, don't forget about the oily black stone. I seem to remember there was that abandoned city in the southern jungle and those alleged fish-people in the east with their throne made of the black stone, as well as the black stone which seemingly fell from space and led to the end of the Great Empire of the Dawn. There's a lot that can be done with it.
We can also explore that Lovecraftian labyrinth underneath the island of Leng, nearby Ashai and Yi Ti, in the Yi Ti series. In fact, I´ve actually seen a lets play the Game of Thrones mod for Ck2 focusing of that Old Gods labyrinth
There´s also those Deep Ones I see popping up in the lore that seem related to the Iron Islands and Oldtown, so maybe we can see those appear in TTL´s A Symphony of Frost and Flame, especially in the books.

There´s also those Deep Ones I see popping up in the lore that seem related to the Iron Islands and Oldtown, so maybe we can see those appear in TTL´s A Symphony of Frost and Flame, especially in the books.
I think that's what I meant by fish-people. I read so much lore on the wiki that I forgot the name.:D

Wilhelm Tesla... now that's a surprise. Third universe's version, perhaps?