The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sounds like another weird case for the Anniona X-Division. Angiealt is gonna be fuming if Angie ever gets back and tells her what she knows, though Angiealt wouldn't believe her that's for sure.
Angela will probably find a way.
Now Bryan Cranston voicing Old Broshep is in its own way awesome, I can already imagine the crossover memes between the Breaking Bad Community (Because I can't see any other actor fitting enough to play Walter White even in the Hohenzollernverse) and the Mass Effect community :p, plus he could pull off a bumbling old man approach the first time Ryder encounters them (Like Malcolm in the Middle which I assume will still be a show in TTL) before the reveal, Carrie Fisher could voice old FemShep assuming she doesn't share the same death date as her OTL counterpart (Given how Otto is going to live longer this might be possible, it's up to Zen for this one).
Carrie Fisher could certainly live longer, if only to film the rest of the sequel trilogy, so she could voice act older FemShep. I haven't hashed out the details yet.
Also it'd be weird as hell if a TTL X-Files show still exists but the show still keeps Mulder and Scully's OTL relationship, probably as a way for Pavel to troll the hell out of Angie and Anders :D. Also speaking of other media related stuff here, while Zen did confirm the non existence of both Zilla and Monsterverse Godzilla, I'm still betting a similar Kaiju cinematic universe can still occur, but with King Kong at the helm instead of Monsterverse Gojira. Skull Island might still share the same plot with a reimagined Kong just like in OTL and would be the first entry of the series, maybe a crossover movie where Kong and Godzilla have a rematch perhaps? Probably not Shin Godzilla though (If that movie exists as well).
I should also mention X-Division will be getting at least a Twitter profile in the next couple years. Maybe even a Wikipedia page, depending on how successful they are.:p Due to the success and continuation of the Showa-era Godzilla movies, everything after that (including Shin Godzilla, as much as I liked it) would probably not exist, though monsters and some plot points might still be incorporated into the continued Showa-era movies. I can't pass up on Destroyah. Maybe Jet Jaguar would get a good movie.:D I guess King Kong would lead his own Monsterverse, starting with Skull Island, which would be set in WWII to differentiate from the Peter Jackson movie and OTL Skull Island, and leading up to a Monster Island movie where King Kong and his cinematic universe are officially made part of Godzilla's.
While I have never watched FMA(Both the first and Brotherhood respectively), which is a bummer since I hear it's a good show (I only know it mostly cause of a certain Edward scene :eek:). What I went for the Enforcer was indeed to be a tragic figure (OTL's Citadel DLC, while funny made me a bit sympathetic to the clone at the end), and I expanded it through the various convos Shepard will get to see back in Virmire plus lore background in ME2 and in the interim comics. It's still a draft for now but the confrontation between the Commander and their clone will be quite spectacular (Plus parts of the OTL confrontation with TIM is also here).
Same with me. I've never watched it, but I've heard good things about it. Maybe it's a good thing I don't know about the certain Edward scene.:p

Oh, the Candyman can...That aside, props where its due, that decree is actually pretty nice of Walternate.

Oh, the Candyman can...That aside, props where its due, that decree is actually pretty nice of Walternate.
Until you realize the undertones that Walternate fears the Hohenzollernverse is kidnapping Annionaverse children to be raised in the Hohenzollernverse.:eek:

I am the Kaiser!
Not. Yet.
Same with me. I've never watched it, but I've heard good things about it. Maybe it's a good thing I don't know about the certain Edward scene.:p
While I have never watched FMA(Both the first and Brotherhood respectively), which is a bummer since I hear it's a good show (I only know it mostly cause of a certain Edward scene :eek:). What I went for the Enforcer was indeed to be a tragic figure (OTL's Citadel DLC, while funny made me a bit sympathetic to the clone at the end), and I expanded it through the various convos Shepard will get to see back in Virmire plus lore background in ME2 and in the interim comics. It's still a draft for now but the confrontation between the Commander and their clone will be quite spectacular (Plus parts of the OTL confrontation with TIM is also here).
Well I strongly recommend both Fullmetal Alchemist shows when you guys can watch it. If you have it, then you can watch it on Netflix since they have both shows on their Anime collection (through I suggest avoiding the Live Action FMA movie if you can). Both shows are definitely worthwhile to watch, through I recommend starting with the 2003 version first (and watching the Conqurer of Shambala movie that acts as a sort of finale to the original FMA anime) and then watch Brotherhood after that.
Also you guys mention a “certain Edward scene” and I was wondering are you by chance referring to the scene where the words “Big Brother Edward” are said.:eek: Either way, I can say FMA certainly doesn’t mess around at all when it comes to dark and serious moments, so you’re likely to cry and be destrubed at that scene when you get around to seeing. Hope I’ve kept that scene vauge enough to not spoiler it for you, just trying to take my guess at the scene you mentioned.

And I like the idea of Angela and Anders being fans of TTL’s X-Files and having their Wikipedia and Twitter page. Maybe you could incorporate references to Angela and Anders watching X-Files cause that would be funny and ironic to see.:D

Not. Yet.
It's treason then.

720 degree screeching
Well I strongly recommend both Fullmetal Alchemist shows when you guys can watch it. If you have it, then you can watch it on Netflix since they have both shows on their Anime collection (through I suggest avoiding the Live Action FMA movie if you can). Both shows are definitely worthwhile to watch, through I recommend starting with the 2003 version first (and watching the Conqurer of Shambala movie that acts as a sort of finale to the original FMA anime) and then watch Brotherhood after that.
I'll make a note to remember that. It's probably for the best that I didn't know there was a live action movie. Just like The Last Airbender never had one.:p
Also you guys mention a “certain Edward scene” and I was wondering are you by chance referring to the scene where the words “Big Brother Edward” are said.:eek: Either way, I can say FMA certainly doesn’t mess around at all when it comes to dark and serious moments, so you’re likely to cry and be destrubed at that scene when you get around to seeing. Hope I’ve kept that scene vauge enough to not spoiler it for you, just trying to take my guess at the scene you mentioned.
I'll be on the lookout for that scene.
And I like the idea of Angela and Anders being fans of TTL’s X-Files and having their Wikipedia and Twitter page. Maybe you could incorporate references to Angela and Anders watching X-Files cause that would be funny and ironic to see.:D
Apparently, I found a reference to a Facebook fan page as well in my drafts. And it's Olga of all people who's in charge of social media.:eek:

As for Angela and Anders watching X-Files, I'll see if I can fit a reference in somewhere.

It's treason then.

720 degree screeching
The oppression of Sentinel shall never come! You have lost.

It's a headcanon of mine that Wilhelm Karl is a Sentinel member or at least has connections to them. It certainly would make sense of why better Hohenzollerns like Princess Wilhelmina or Prince Georg were passed up for succession to the throne in favor for someone as terrible as Wilhelm Karl.:mad: Wilhelm Karl even seems like the kind of person Sentinel would install as Crown Prince in order to have a puppet Kaiser once Otto dies that will willingly turn a blind eye to their actions.

Last edited:
The oppression of Sentinel shall never come! You have lost.
No, no, no, you will DIE!

shoots lightning
It's a headcanon of mine that Wilhelm Karl is a Sentinel member or at least has connections to them. It certainly would make sense of why better Hohenzollerns like Princess Wilhelmina or Prince Georg were passed up for succession to the throne in favor for someone as terrible as Wilhelm Karl.:mad: Wilhelm Karl even seems like the kind of person Sentinel would install as Crown Prince in order to have a puppet Kaiser once Otto dies that will willingly turn a blind eye to their actions.
Well, my plan is that Wilhelm Karl is unaware of Sentinel's existence. Only Otto and Elisabeth Alexandra were aware. Sentinel just uses Wilhelm Karl as a pawn to keep his father in line and conveniently replace Elisabeth Alexandra after her death. Prince Georg wasn't chosen because Wilhelm Karl was the eldest son (the succession law has effectively become male-preference primogeniture, though it's not official), and Wilhelmina was overlooked because she was too young. Him knowing about Sentinel is too much of a risk, because with his sociopathic tendencies he'll try to take it over and use its resources for his own personal gain. But on him having connections to Sentinel, there are indirect ones. He just doesn't know who he's connected to.

Through the Pitch Dark, Part 2

X-Division - 1:00 PM

Walternate walked into Kurtz’s office. Kurtz stood up and saluted.

“Herr Minister,” Kurtz said.

Walternate closed the door behind him.

“I just heard,” he said, “X-Division was created to investigate tragedies of unimaginable scale. We know that there's no crime more heinous than the theft of a child."

“I'll do everything I can to find him, sir,” Kurtz said.

“I don't doubt your resolve, Wilhelm,” Walternate said, “Actually, that's why I'm here. There's no shame in letting it fall to another desk if it's too personal.”

“It’s been 36 years since the Candyman took Tatiana’s daughter,” Kurtz said, “Thirty-five years since she laughed or played like other kids. We’ve known Tatiana for years. He had her daughter for two days. When we got Irina back, she wasn’t a little girl anymore. Irina’s 44 now, and she still hasn’t recovered. If there’s anyone you want on this case…it’s us. Tatiana’s driving into downtown to help.”

“Very well,” Walternate said.

“My only concern is that I don't have all of my agents to help me,” Kurtz said, “How long until this is over, sir, until our Angela comes home?”

“You'll be happy to know we made a breakthrough,” Walternate said, “We found something in her brain chemistry, something unique. If it's what enables her to cross between worlds, you'll have your team back very soon. I know what it's like to lose a daughter. And even when they come back, the damage is irreparable, as Tatiana can tell you. If you need someone to talk to, Wilhelm, let me know.”

He turned and left. Downstairs in the Situation Room, Louise and Olga paced around the floor, shouting orders to each agent.

“We need a lead, folks,” Louise said, “Something to go on.”

“It's been about twelve hours since Max Kassel went missing,” Olga said, “That gives us until tomorrow night to find him.”

“The Candyman’s last kidnapping was two years ago,” Annie explained to Angela, handing her the case reports.

“I remember when this happened, reading about it, but they never released to the public what he did to these kids,” Angela said, “For good reason, obviously. It's like they've had the life drained out of them.”

“Acute deterioration of organ tissue, depleted immune systems,” Annie said, “Some of the kids even came back with cancer.”

Angela pointed to an image in one of the case reports. “Those incisions, why there?”

“Posterior cerebral cortex,” Annie said, “From that point on the body, you can access the spine.”

“Okay, Di, what do we know about these cases?” Angela asked.

Diana turned from her desk.

“The abductions appear to be random, occurring every two years from 1974 to 2008,” she said, “The victims are always children ages seven through ten. They are taken, then released 48 hours later with massive internal degradation. The victims describe the suspect as male, age unknown. In the majority of cases, other than a shaved head, there's no physical description given, because he wore a mask.”

“What do you mean in the majority of cases?” Angela said.

“Two of the victims reported being held captive by two suspects, one young and one old,” Diana said.

“Then why haven't we expanded the profile to look for two suspects?” Angela said.

“Angie, these kids were really scared,” Olga said, “There are inconsistencies in their statements.”

“Well, that doesn't mean that they're not true,” Annie said.

“Di, can you please pull up the victim's bios?” Angela said. “Specifically the two who reported two suspects.”

Diana pulled up the two bios on her desk computer.

“Okay, so Amanda Holt and Irina…Kirova,” Angela said.

She turned to Olga.

“No,” Olga said, “No, just no. You are not doing that.”

“We should speak to your sister again,” Annie said.

“That's not a good idea,” Louise said, “General Kirova is protective. Olga even more.”

“Well, we should at least ask,” Angela said.

“Angie,” Olga said, “Don't even think about talking to my sister.”

Angela got out of her chair.

“Oh, no,” Olga said, “You are not asking him!”

A minute later, Angela and Annie barged into Kurtz’s office, Olga angrily running in after them.

“I would like to interview Olga’s sister,” Angela said.

“Excuse me?” Kurtz said.

“Hell no!” Olga said.

“Irina reported she was held by two men, an older man and a younger man,” Annie said, “Now, if that's true, she may remember other things about this guy that could help our investigation.”

“Agents Hansen and Humboldt,” Kurtz said, “I speak for General Kirova when I say her daughter went through something no child should have to go through. And when she finally came home, we asked her questions about it, going over the details again and again, forcing her to relive, it, when all she wanted to do was forget. Eventually, Tatiana stopped it. And for what? We didn’t solve the case. It’s continued since then. Irina has never gotten much sleep in the last 36 years.”

“You did your best, but if I spoke to her, maybe I could get more out of her,” Angela said.

“I’m right here,” Tatiana said, walking in.

Angela and Annie spun around. Annie immediately saluted the old general. Louise stepped back and Olga stepped protectively in front of Tatiana. Angela, though awkwardly stared at her. This must be Tatiana Kirova. Her Olga used to talk fondly about her late mother and her adventures as a Tsarist spy in the KGB, but most of the pictures Olga kept of her didn’t have her in combat fatigues like the kind she was wearing now. She was much older too; her blond hair had streaks of white. Wasn’t Tatiana also a friend of the late Director? That got her thinking. If Tatiana was still alive here, was the Director also alive? She made a note to bring that up with Diana later, if she got the chance.

“And if you’re going to ask me, it’s no,” Tatiana said.

“Uh, General,” Angela said, “With all due respect, maybe there are some things you don’t want to hear.”

Tatiana stepped closer to Angela, despite Olga’s efforts to keep her back.

“Now, there's something I want you to hear, Agent Hansen,” she said, “My daughter’s condition since she was taken has deteriorated so steadily, she'll be lucky if she makes it another year.”

“We get that,” Annie said, “But Irina’s life is not the only one at stake right now.”

“Dismissed,” Kurtz said.

Tatiana’s house - 4:00 PM

“ ...devotes his life to righting wrongs, protecting the innocent, and punishing the guilty,” the broadcaster said, “Crenzler is known to the underworld as The Shadow. Never seen, only heard, his true identity is known only to his constant friend and aide, Margot Lang. Today's story…"

Tatiana returned home and entered the living room. Irina sat at a table, listening to a pulp fiction radio show. Tatiana walked past her and went to the kitchen, where Boris was preparing that evening’s dinner.

“Hey,” Tatiana said.

Boris turned and smiled, brushing aside his gray hair.

“Evening,” he said, “Noticed there's a police officer parked out front all afternoon. It's true? The Candyman's back?”

Tatiana sighed. “Yeah.”

Boris rolled his eyes. “I knew we shouldn’t have moved from Frankfort.”

“Did we have a choice, Boris?” Tatiana said. “Irina didn’t agree with the air. And you have to agree the tax incentives are great. Anne certainly thought so.”

“Do you think he'll try to come back here?” Boris said.

“No,” Tatiana said, “It is just for my peace of mind. How's Irina?”

They looked at Irina.

“She's scared,” Boris said, “The story about the missing boy's been all over the news today. Did you eat?”

“Not since breakfast,” Tatiana said.

Boris opened the fridge and got out more food. “Has there been any progress in the case?”

“No,” Tatiana said, "One of Colonel Kurtz’s agents wanted to reinterview Irina, Angela Hansen. She thinks there may be some detail he's forgotten. I told her it was a waste of time.”

“I've always liked Angela,” Boris said, “She’s very smart. Anne liked her too.”

Tatiana sipped from a bottle of vodka. “We shouldn’t put Irina through this stress.”

"She's a strong woman, Tatiana,” Boris said, “She’s an adult, remember. She’s strong enough to talk about it, even if we’re not.”

X-Division

Annie walked over to Angela’s desk and handed her a pack of sunflower seeds.

“Thought you might be hungry,” she said.

“Where’d you get those?” Angela said.

“Imported from California,” Annie said, “Very expensive. Olga tried them, in between yelling at me about Irina, and said they're great."

“Thanks,” Angela said, taking a handful, “So after the victims were abducted, the kids came back with massive cell degeneration and internal-organ atrophy. All those conditions are symptomatic of old age too, right?”

“I suppose so,” Annie said, “Why?"

“Well, aging has to do with the pituitary gland,” Angela said. “Which can be accessed through the back of the neck.”

“Did you suddenly become a doctor?” Annie said.

“I…I took some classes in college,” Angela said, “The pituitary gland regulates hormones. Anyway, my point is that some of the victims mentioned there were two suspects, one old and one young, but they all said that they never saw the suspects at the same time."

“Uh, okay,” Annie said.

“Well, what if there weren't two people?” Angela said. “What if there was only one person who was literally changing from old to young? What if the Candyman is stealing youth?”

“You sound a lot like me these days,” Annie said, “Okay, in theory, concentrated pituitary hormones could be processed in some way to accelerate healing, maybe even reverse aging, but if that's true, it would also cause some serious side effects like—”

“Anemia, tremors, hypoglycemia,” Angela said, “High blood sugar. High enough—”

“He could secrete sugar in his sweat?” Annie finished.

Angela’s earpiece rang.

“Hansen,” she said, “Okay, I'll be there. Just me? Thank you.”

She hung up.

“Who was that?” Annie said.

“General Kirova,” Angela said, “Unfortunately, she says only I can do it. Tomorrow morning.”

Annie cursed. “Just my luck.”

Tatiana’s house - June 29, 2010, 9:00 AM

Boris opened the door for Angela and welcomed her in.

“It's nice to see you again, Angela,” he said, leading her to the living room, "Irina is looking forward to meeting you again. Here we are.”

Tatiana sat next to Irina, who was playing Bach on a piano. Tatiana tapped Irina’s shoulder.

“Irina, Agent Hansen’s here,” she said.

“Oh, uh, Angela is fine, ma’am,” Angela said, “Olga sends her regards from Konstansatdt. It’s, uh, nice to meet you, Irina.”

Irina turned from her keyboard and weakly shook Angela’s hand.

“Hi,” she said.

“Hi,” Angela said.

Irina was about her age, or so her case file said, but she looked far older than 46. She had her father’s hair, though it had grayed more than one would expect from someone her age. Her face was pale and gaunt, veins visible, and her eyes had lost a lot of their shine. Her hands trembled as she brought them away from the keyboard. Angela hadn’t yet met the Irina in her world and had only seen her in Olga’s pictures, but she always looked better than the woman in front of her.

“Did you really save that school bus of kids from those RAF terrorists last year?” Irina said. “Is it true?"

“Well, I was just doing my job,” Angela said.

“Oh, that's so cool,” Irina said, “So... my mom says you want to talk about the man who took me thirty years ago."

“Yeah,” Angela said, “Would that be okay?”

Irina hesitated. Then she sighed and nodded.

“Sure,” she said.

“Maybe we could talk somewhere else,” Angela said, “Like, where’s your favorite place to go?”

Zypressenpark (Kyparades Park) - 9:30 AM

Angela and Irina walked along a dirt path. Irina limped slightly behind Angela, hanging onto Angela’s arm with one hand and supporting herself with a cane in the other. From the street, Tatiana lingered near her car with Kurtz and watched the two sit down on a bench. Kurtz’s earpiece rang.

“Kurtz here,” he said.

“The Candyman has had the boy for 32 hours,” Walternate said, “We have 16 hours left. How are we doing?”

“Nothing yet, but we're working every lead we have,” Kurtz said.

“You'll be happy to hear you'll have your team back together soon,” Walternate said, “Our Angela’s mission on the other side is almost complete, and we'll be able to bring her home."

Kurtz looked at Angela. “And what about this Angela.”

“We're going to pull her out of the field tomorrow morning,” Walternate said, “I don't believe we'll be needing her anymore. Call me if you find anything.”

He hung up.

“Was it the Minister?” Tatiana asked.

Kurtz nodded. They looked at Angela and Irina.

"My mother says I need to forget about what happened,” Irina said.

“Yeah?” Angela said. "But it's hard to forget, isn't it? You know, I can imagine what it must have been like for you... how scared you must have been, how much you, you really wanted to get back to your family, and to your friends.”

“I have nightmares about this sometimes,” Irina said, “Had them for the last 36 years.”

“Really?” Angela said. “Could you tell me about them?"

Irina thought for a moment. “I always remember the smell first. It's musty, like our attic. He comes to the room wearing a mask to check on that thing stuck in my neck. It feels like... it's stealing my energy.”

She clutched her head. “I'm so tired. I feel sick.”

“Irina, you said there were two men, one old and one young, right?” Angela said. “Did they ever talk to you?”

“No,” Irina said, “Nothing I remember. It’s been too long.”

“Irina, what is it?” Angela said. “You can tell me.”

“I know the Candyman's back,” Irina said.

“Yeah, he is,” Angela said.

Tears welled up in Irina’s eyes.

“He said if I told anyone about him, he, he'd come back,” Irina said, “He said this time...he'd hurt my parents and sister.”

“That was 36 years ago,” Angela said, “That won’t happen again. I promise. Irina, there is another child out there. He's been taken, and he wants to go home and see his family too, to live to your age. You can help him.”

Irina looked at Angela with resolve.

“I remember their voices,” she said, “Um, they both said the same thing. I think it was a prayer.”

“I know it’s been a long time, but can you remember the words?” Angela said.

“Some of them,” Irina said, “‘Through the pitch dark... comes a cleansing fire’."

X-Division - 10:00 AM

“‘Through the pitch dark comes a cleansing fire’,” Annie read, walking over to Louise and Olga, “The words ‘pitch’ and ‘dark’ are common to several major Catholic sacramental prayers from the early 20th century. Uh, the words appear in the liturgy of over a dozen churches in Thrace.”

“A dozen we know of,” Olga said, “You know, I thought it was bad enough someone's kidnapping kids. Now we find out he's kidnapping kids for God?”

Oh man I knew it was too good to be true for AnnionaOlga's parents to be alived, but to have yoyr sister go through a traumatic event, damn that's gotta be a bummer :(

This Candyman fella is turning out to be an interesting antagonist ror this arc, I can't wait till he appears.

Oh man I knew it was too good to be true for AnnionaOlga's parents to be alived, but to have yoyr sister go through a traumatic event, damn that's gotta be a bummer :(

This Candyman fella is turning out to be an interesting antagonist ror this arc, I can't wait till he appears.
I had to balance out Tatiana and Boris' return somehow.

Oh, he'll certainly be very interesting. You'll see in the next update.

No, no, no, you will DIE!

shoots lightning

Well, my plan is that Wilhelm Karl is unaware of Sentinel's existence. Only Otto and Elisabeth Alexandra were aware. Sentinel just uses Wilhelm Karl as a pawn to keep his father in line and conveniently replace Elisabeth Alexandra after her death. Prince Georg wasn't chosen because Wilhelm Karl was the eldest son (the succession law has effectively become male-preference primogeniture, though it's not official), and Wilhelmina was overlooked because she was too young. Him knowing about Sentinel is too much of a risk, because with his sociopathic tendencies he'll try to take it over and use its resources for his own personal gain. But on him having connections to Sentinel, there are indirect ones. He just doesn't know who he's connected to.
I must say that as unfit Wilhelm Karl is for Crown Prince or future Kaiser, the idea of him becoming a supervillian if he ever found out about Sentinel is amusing/terrifying. I think I'll proady that idea of X-Division trying to stop a power hungry Wilhelm here.:p

Wilhelm Karl: Dad, I told you this would happen, X-Division and the Peasants are taking over!

In all seriousness through, I believe Wilhelm Karl would be the absolute worst person to become Kaiser, especially since they are technically no limits on the Kaiser's power officially and I don't think Wilhelm Karl would care about Popular Sovereignty and other things that kept Otto in line. I think there is absolutely no guarantee that Wilhelm wouldn't over stretch his power to tyranical proportions if given the chance. I mean even in OTL with US Presidents, there have been concerns of Presidents oversteping their bounds, like how people during the Civil War had concerns about Lincoln after he did things like suspending habeus corpus, or some of the executive overstretching that occurred under Woodrow Wilson and FDR (Wilson's Espionage and Sediton Acts and FDR's Japanse Intermient Camps are pretty egregious examples of this), so I am really scared about Wilhelm Karl assuming as important of a position as Kaiser of the Reich. Especially since the Kaiser/Kaiserin is also supposed to act as a guding moral symbol to the Roman people and supposed to inspire them, and Wilhelm Karl would ruin that if he became Kaiser. So Wilhelm Karl is a really, REALLY, bad and dangerous person to sucede Otto as the Kaiser of the world's most powerful nation. So I'm a little bit afarid that Wilhelm Karl becoming Kaiser is one of the things that could lead to a Third Roman Civil War due to the potential of him becoming a tyrant. After all, you yourself did say Wilhelm Karl is going to become worse than he already is, and a tyrant running the Reich while it has its Superpower status and SVI is not good for the world. :eek:

Last edited:
Wilhelm Karl: Dad, I told you this would happen, X-Division and the Peasants are taking over!
The tyranny of the Maximists will never return!
In all seriousness through, I relive Wilhelm Karl would be the absolute worst person to become Kaiser, especially since they are technically no limits on the Kaiser's power officially and I don't think Wilhelm Karl would care about Popular Sovereignty and other things that kept Otto in line. I think there is absolutely no guarantee that Wilhelm wouldn't over stretch his power to tyranical proportions if given the chance. I mean even in OTL with US Presidents, there have been concerns of Presidents oversteping their bounds, like how people during the Civil War had concerns about Lincoln after he did things like suspending habeus corpus, or some of the executive overstretching that occurred under Woodrow Wilson and FDR (Wilson's Espionage and Sediton Acts and FDR's Japanse Intermient Camps are pretty egregious examples of this), so I am really scared about Wilhelm Karl assuming as important of a position as Kaiser of the Reich. Especially since the Kaiser/Kaiserin is also supposed to act as a guding moral symbol to the Roman people and supposed to inspire them, and Wilhelm Karl would ruin that if he became Kaiser. So Wilhelm Karl is a really, REALLY, bad and dangerous person to sucede Otto as the Kaiser of the world's most powerful nation. So I'm a little bit afarid that Wilhelm Karl becoming Kaiser is one of the things that could lead to a Third Roman Civil War.:eek:
Well, there's always Prince Georg.

At least Olga's parents were still friends with Anne in this universe. Angela will have a lot to share with Olga when she gets back.

At least Olga's parents were still friends with Anne in this universe. Angela will have a lot to share with Olga when she gets back.
Olga will have a lot to say to her counterpart when they get a proper reunion.

The tyranny of the Maximists will never return!

Well, there's always Prince Georg.
Don’t forget about Wilhelmina too, it’s been a very long time since we’ve had a feamale Kaiserin, let alone a Kaiserin named after Saint Wilhelmina. plus it would be nice for Wilhelmina to carry out the role her mother was supposed to have. I think she deverses to be Crown Princess as that would also honor Elizabeth Alexandria as well by having her daughter be the future Kaiserin. Plus her as Kaiserin would stick it to the types of people that would support Wilhelm Karl, like ultraconservatives or traditionalist. :p but If she won't be able to become the next Kaiserin through, then I will be okay with Prince Georg ascending the throne. He seems like he would be a good enough guy to be Kaiser.

Also, Wilhelm Karl is too snobby to be left alive!:p

Also I found this mention of a Journey to the West movie in the 40s and I’d thought I’d share some thoughts about it since I really like how the 40s and 50s cultural update described Chinnese culture.
. An adaptation of the Monkey King (1941) became a blockbuster hit and the highest grossing Chinese film of all time, spawning several sequels (the first, Journey to the West, was released a year later) and a decades-long media franchise which included characters from across Chinese and Buddhist mythology.
I think a cinematic universe based around the Five Great Classical Novels would be quite awesome to see. After all, you and @TWR97 have thrown around ideas for Monster Cinematic Universes for King Kong and Godzilla, so I don’t see why we can’t have a cinematic universe for the Five Great Classical Novels.

I also like how Battlestar Galactica was described in EU4 when it was Battlestar Tianlong (I’m still a bit sad most of the EU4 details about Battlestar Galactica where retconed here) and was described as being very popular in Neurhomania and Penglai due to its inspiration. Now since the founding of Fusang and Penglai still inspires the story of Battlestar/Warstar Galatica, I can see it still being very popular in the Sinosphere countries, Kanata and Neurhomania down to the point that Penglai would make a spin off Donguha/Manuha, thus explaining the “Battlestar Tianlong” name referenced in EU4. I actually would like to see a Battlestar Galatica anime spin-off ITTL come to come to think of it, that would be very interesting to see.:D
I will admit to having not seen either version of Battlestar Galatica unfortunately (through I remember playing a Video Game related to it once.:p) so I was wondering if you could give me some pointers about watching either the classic series or reboot, and if I should watch the classic series or just watch the Modern one?

I also noticed in the table of contents in the spots reserved for the DCCU movies you also have reserved spots for the CW shows too. I’m curious if your going to make the CW Arrowverse shows a part of the DC Cinematic Universe (like Daredevil and Agents of Shields are part of the MCU but don’t really play a large role in its plot) or just leave it as it’s own thing like OTL? I think I’ll come up with some cultural questions and suggestions for both MCU and DCCU franchises actually, so stay tuned for those discussions.:)

Last edited:
Well you can't have a TRUE Roman Empire without a civil war after all, it has been a proud tradition going back to the days of Romulus and Remus! :p, although Willhelm Karl taking the helm has me dreading on what's to come.

What if the Hohenzollerns get exiled to Mars as well :eek:

Now, continuing where we left off with ME3, we begin with Priority: Earth.

After his speech to rally the galaxy's combined forces, Hackett briefs Shepard and the other leaders present on the war room on the plan to retake Earth starting with a landing on Vienna, while the rest of the non alliance leaders and crew members don't see the significance of it, every human inside the room get tense as they realize the implications of the fate of the galaxy resting on a city that had been part of many key moments in human history. Shepard is the first to question on why the assault on Vienna. To which Hackett replying that Anderson will explain everything. Anderson then appears on the QEC as the other war leaders present gather around, with the other leaders being seen from the ship’s monitors. Anderson then goes on to explain why Vienna was the city being designated as the main landing zone for Hammer team with the revelation of a towering structure firing a beam into the sky. Many of Anderson’s scouts have reportedly seen reaper forces going into said beam and disappearing alongside civilians, dead and alive. One of the still intact earth to space telescopes the reapers had miraculously spared had informed Anderson via carrier pigeon that they have spotted the Citadel above Earth, just right on top of Vienna, alongside a fleet of Reaper capital ships.

Primarch Victus will then comment that this deliberate position had placed the very planet itself in danger from shots that might be missed by the combined fleets of the Galaxy, to which Hackett will reply that the Reapers have forced their hand and thus ensures the plan of storming the beam connected to the Citadel and open the arms as their only option, Sword Fleet’s job was to keep the Reapers engaged and away from the ground fighting. The next conversation will then be about assigning which particular fleet will be guarding the Crucible with Hackett’s personal battle group being the default option. Since this is pretty much a joint effort choosing from one particular available war asset will have that species volunteer for their fleet as escort. With factors being advanced weaponry and shielding, as well as combat experience. Players can choose a portion from the available galactic fleets but the best ones are from the Alliance, the Turians, the Salarians and the Geth. Hackett will be part of the Shield escort fleet as the war leaders have assigned him as de-facto high admiral of the galactic forces with Commander Shepard being the high marshal for ground forces as they were the only ones with significant experience and have been actively fighting Reaper ground forces since the war started. This will be the only portion of the game where players can choose war assets for space combat as the rest will be decided on the ground and on space with the overall Effective Military Strength and Galactic Readiness being taken into account. The War leaders then discuss a second landing area to keep the Reapers contained from converging on Vienna, and thus the Chinese Imperial Capital of Nanking is the second option, with data provided by remnants of the Tianxia alliance passed by Anderson it is clear that troops needed there have to be quick in taking out the forces entrenched, and thus the notion of an overwhelming force that will distract the reaper ground troops as a strike force plant a rallying signal to available Alliance and Tianxia forces. The player is then given options on who will be part of this assault with the best choice being the Krogan & the Salarians, the Turians & the Humans or the Quarian and the Geth. All other choices will lead to casualties (Though the ending is not affected as the game already calculates the ending from the final war asset score, readiness and EMS just after completing Virmire). Choosing the first option will also lead to who gets to lead this joint task force, with the best choice being either Wrex, Grunt or Major Kirrahe, all the other options (Including Wreav) are not good ones. Choosing either Wrex or Kirrahe will change who gets to make a speech during the base section. While also changing the various dialogue by the third stage of Priority: Earth. Players can potentially assign either Garrus or Tali on the other options as squad leaders (Thus affecting their dialogues and goodbyes as well) And thus ground forces are divided between Hamner team on Vienna and Dagger team on Nanking. Dagger Team can optionally be deployed with no leaders, but this is only possible if the player managed to raise the EMS score to high.

As the meeting finishes, Hackett bids everyone good luck as every leader disconnects from the monitor. The cutscene then shifts to the Gibraltar approaching a relay, with the Alliance fleet behind it. In a scene similar to the SR1 travelling toward the relay back in ME1’s intro, the SR2 mirrors the exact same scene, as Joker adjusts his hat before announcing they were through the Sol Relay in a few seconds. And just like in OTL, a triumphant rendition of the music used during Shepard’s SPECTRE induction in ME1 as the Gibraltar arrives, followed by the Alliance fleet, then every single galactic fleet gathered over the course of the third game, thus fulfilling and echoing Shepard’s promise at ME1’s ending. As Joker reports in for the Alliance fleet, various fleet leaders report in for their respective species with Aria herself reporting in for the Terminus fleet. There will be unique models of ships Shepard has potentially acquired present on the arrival as well (With the Geth Dreadnought and the Destiny Ascension flying side by side if both ships were spared with the Volus Dreadnought Kwunu being actually next to the Gibraltar as the scene shifts) As the combined fleet passes by Jupiter the scene shifts to the Reaper fleet moving forward about to engage this massive fleet with several ships including Harbinger surrounding the closed Citadel. On the bridge of the Citadel Fleet’s Commanding Officer (Whether it’s Admiral Mikhailovich or the captain of the Destiny Ascension) then orders all fleets to begin engaging, and as such the largest fleet battle begins as the whole galactic fleet engages the Reapers who take them head on. Depending on the final war asset score, readiness and EMS the ensuing battle will either go like in OTL, where a high EMS score has the combined fleet make significant progress (even damaging a couple destroyers and several capital ships) and are just about to take casualties. Having a Low EMS will already have the combined fleet getting outgunned and outmatched at the first engagement, with Shepard commenting on the fleets getting torn apart. Having a medium EMS score will be a mix of the two as while the combined fleets have made significant damage on the Reapers guarding Earth and the Citadel, the Reapers have also return the favor with their counter-attacks, thus causing the combined fleets to take significant casualties. The individual ships Shepard has managed to acquire as war assets in the entire trilogy will also be shown participating in the battle, whatever the final EMS is, the casualties will start from cruiser ships then moving forward till it’s just the Dreadnaughts that are left (The game prioritizes the Destiny Ascension first, so the Geth Dreadnought would be the first to go before the Asari Dreadnought).

Players then personally control the Gibraltar as it navigates its way from the battle and into a distance enough for it to deploy the strikeforce needed to take out the AAguns, the ship will have to dodge incoming attacks from Reaper Oculi fighters, unique dialogue follow depending on which fighter groups Shepard had acquired throughout the third game, ranging from the default Alliance one and the rare Vorcha squadron. EMS score will also be a factor to the survival of the fighters. As players navigates the Gibraltar through, the acting fleet commander (Again, Admiral Mikhailovich or the Captain of the Destiny Ascension) then tells the Commander to give the Reapers hell once they touch down. Their ship will then move past the Gibraltar (Either an Alliance Dreadnaught or the Destiny Ascension) and engage a Reaper Capital Ship alongside a bombing squadron or with the Geth Dreadnought if it survived, or the Volus Dreadnought Kwunu if players acquired it as well. Players will then be given the signal to engage and thus allowing players to fire the Thanix cannon (This will simply be Thanix missiles if the cannon was never installed) at the Capital ship, causing the initial barrage to momentarily stall the Reaper’s attack on the fleet commander’s flagship as it attempts to keep its shields up thus letting the flagship fire its weapons on the capital ship, with either the bombing squadrons or the dreadnaught accompanying the flagship. The survival of the flagship will depend on EMS score and if the bombing squadron was the one with the flagship or the other two dreadnaughts. The Reaper counterattack while powerful will also depend on how distracted it was (whether the Thanix cannon or just the missiles were used), with the flagship either managing to evade the attack with just a reduction of 70% on their shields, a 40% reduction if the beam was insufficient or a critical situation where the helmsman of the flagship announces that the ship could no longer withstand another beam attack. The actions of the fleet commander after either of the three situations occur will change once the battle reaches its climax. A cutscene plays afterwards as the Gibraltar breaks off from the battle and heads directly to Earth. Like in OTL, Joker will salute the Commander as they prepare to descend with the pilot telling them to be careful.

After choosing who to take on the first portion of Priority: Earth, another cutscene follows as the shuttles carrying the teams assigned in taking out the AAgun on Vienna descends, Joker informs the commander on the Gibraltar returning to battle and assisting Sword Fleet. Before disconnecting Joker will then briefly comment on his worries on leaving Shepard again, through which Shepard can either assure him or simply tell the pilot to focus on the mission and not to worry of on them. Joker reluctantly agrees and disconnects but not before telling Shepard and their team good luck. War torn Vienna’s state will be commented on by the party members with human squadmates even further commenting on Vienna’s significance. The same situation goes like in OTL with the other shuttle carrying the heavy weapons getting shot down and thus forcing Shepard and their team to fight off every reaper ground troop that meets them, late game enemies first seen in Priority: Thessia like the drell husks called Shadows will be prevalent here as well as the Hanar husks called Cthulhus. Elcor husks called Shellers will be providing gunfire alongside the improved Ravagers (Whose numbers will depend on the Aralahk Mission being completed or not) thus turning the initial landing zone into a chaotic battle ground. Due to the sheer number of enemies the entire party members of Shepard’s crew have also deployed via Cortez’ shuttle and another one piloted by EDI or James Vega. The other shuttle makes a crash landing somewhere beyond Shepard’s LZ and thus the two parties are forced to fight through Reaper ground forces, all squadmates will get their unique dialogue once the firefight ensures with Javik being giddy about the Nostalgia of it all. As this happens the entire environment will shake due to the Destroyer firing its beam AAgun upwards. Once the party reunites they all proceed to fight through a plaza where the shuttle was shot down (The survival of the Shuttle crew will depend on whether or not Shepard gave the Collector Base to either Cerberus, the Alliance or the Council) as such, they will either find only the scattered heavy weapons or few survivors from the shuttle fighting off every husk attempting to overrun them. Anderson will be contacting and guiding Shepard throughout the battle until they reach the plaza where the shuttle was shot down. Cortez’ shuttle will briefly give firing support before a harvester shoots the shuttle down. Cortez’ survival will not only depend on whether Shepard talked him out of his suicidal tendencies but also the overall EMS score (With High ensuring his survival, Medium where he gets injuries but still survives and in Low where he gets overrun and killed ). The M920 Cain ‘Nuke cannon’ makes its triumphant return as the weapon is the one that is used to bring the Destroyer down. After said destroyer goes down a brief firefight occurs as Shepard and crew hold off a wave husks led by a Banshee. After holding off for a certain amount of time (With each difficulty having higher time, Narrative being merely ten seconds while Insanity an entire minute), Hammerhead Tanks then arrive to distract the remaining husks long enough for shuttles to land on the plaza for Shepard and crew (plus any survivor) and crew to evacuate. After a heartfelt reunion with Anderson who had personally led the rescue, the shuttles head directly to Anderson’s FOB on the still intact buildings of Unity Island, just as the order for Hammer team to land is given the greenlight.

OTL’s cutscene showing thousands upon thousands of landing shuttles still plays out with accompanying music (High, Medium and Low EMS have their own versions of it), like in OTL, the cutscene will show casualties (With High being mostly the same, Medium getting more shuttles being shot down and with Low having the most casualties), there will be various troops present inside the shuttles when the cutscene shifts to the view inside, and as such there’s a wide cast of species and other forces present ranging from typical Alliance grunt to N7 Specialists to even Krogan Battlemasters. While most of the shuttles shown focus heavily in the landings on Vienna, there are also several landings occurring throughout various cities around Earth, Dagger team on Nanking, more shuttles landing on Neurhomania, the Ethiopian city of Gondar getting reinforcements, Krogan reinforcements dropping in Penglai (The Rachni will replace the Krogan if Wrex pulled off his support, and if the Rachni were rendered extinct they are replaced by Turian troopers), Geth troopers dropping from Orbit to New Delhi (They are replaced by generic Alliance Shuttles if the Geth were destroyed), and Asari commandos being the first off the ground in Tenochtitlan. The other cutscenes also are different depending on the EMS rating. Once on the ground the scene shifts back to Hammer team where the various combined forces of the Galaxy begin fighting off reaper ground troops and retaking lost ground.

On Unity Island where the former UN HQ once made their presence, the shuttles carrying Shepard, Anderson and their people land, dropping off its occupants, from here players are free to explore the massive map (Almost twice the map of the explorable section of the Presidium back in ME1) where their crew members as well as past squad mates back in ME2 are frolicking. Thus with Vienna’s atmosphere dominated with signs of battle, gunfire and Reaper destroyers in the distance, players are able to get a good look of the situation. Elcor Living Tanks will be seen walking on one section with crews attending to their armaments and armor. Fighters from every species will be seen taking off or landing, more areas will show various species either coordinating with radio crew, helping the wounded, tending to those who perished, assisting the garrison in stopping reaper ground forces from overrunning the FOB or talking among themselves. Shepard wil pass by an Alliance squad that will either have Corporal Tombs among them or Major Kyle depending on Shepard’s military background, with both characters expressing their thoughts on the commander, and will bid Shepard good luck as well as telling them that they will see each other on the other side before saluting. War Hero Shepards will be treated to one of the soldiers recognising the commander to which everyone will salute towards them afterwards, telling the Commander that they have made the battalion proud and will make the commander proud as well by assisting the commander in finishing the war. Scattered com chatter will also reveal the status of Hammer teams sent across the world and depending on EMS score they will either suffer significant casualties or be outright annihilated in some areas, with soldiers listening in giving their insights as well depending on the situation report. The QEC will be available, though the only ones they can contact are those part of Dagger Team. Wrex’s ‘goodbyes’ in the QEC will mostly be about not missing the fight even across the world, and urging Shepard to defy death again. There will also be dialogue on both having come so far, Wrex will then thank Shepard for giving him and the Krogan a chance. Kirrahe’s meanwhile will be more professional, and that he wishes he could have fought side-by-side with Shepard one more time. They then tell Shepard to finish the fight and hold the line. Garrus’ and Tali’s will mostly be the same like in OTL’s but with additional conversation if they were romanced. Grunt’s will be mostly the same OTL in both leading Dagger team and meeting him on the base. Shiala, if she lives can also be contacted, and reveals the colonists of Feros have offered their minds in battle, telling the commander that their combined knowledge will keep the reapers at bay long enough for the commander to finish the fight. Samara can be contacted as well revealing that she had already began her battles ahead of schedule as the base she landed was on the verge of being overrun and thus merely wishes Shepard good luck and fight on, while with the grace of the goddess being enough for her to join up with the Commander.

Here are the locations of the various squadmates and their respective dialogue with Shepard (few of these I took directly from the Priority Earth Overhauled Mod, while some were fanfic notes for a fanfic I never got to write)

James will be the first one they encounter, albeit instead of in an alleyway its near a bridge with full view of the beam at the distance. He will be overseeing a squad of soldiers like in OTL, dialogue will mostly be the same with the additional cut dialogue from OTL being integrated, that of his father’s survival.

The Virmire Survivor is in a building similar to OTL, and just outside the QEC operator. Both dialogues are essentially the same with Kaidan commenting at the end of never being in Vienna while Ashley will be reciting the poem of the Charge of the Light Brigade, while also quoting about the valley of death from the bible. If the survivor was romanced, the same dialogue happens like in OTL, with the survivor urging Shepard to survive.

Zaeed Massani will be found near a damaged barracks watching over a couple of mercenaries, talking to him reveals that the Blue Suns came crawling back to him after Vido’s unfortunate demise (Whether back in ME2 during Zaeed’s loyalty mission or sometime during ME3), the Veteran will then go on to say that while he never cared for the merc group ever again he explains that commanding a group of ‘hard tough bastards’ made him feel young again, thanking Shepard for letting him fight for something more than credits or revenge. The ending dialogue will mostly be the same like in OTL with Zaeed swearing to gut every last husk he sees.

Kasumi Goto will be in a hidden corner by herself, and says that she’ll make sure to watch Shepard’s back, dialogue will mostly be the same like in OTL, with Shepard commenting on the thief to not steal anything from the city’s museum, to which Kasumi makes no promises as she disappears again.

Jack will be among her students as she lectures them on what they were about to do. Again, same dialogue like in OTL with additional ones for Shepards who romanced her.

Miranda and Jacob will be in another barracks coordinating Cerberus blueshirts forces with the rest of the galaxy, com chatter will reveal General Oleg Petrovsky’s planned campaign in retaking Russia with Hammer forces landing in the Baltics (Either overseeing it in Omega or the retaken Cronos station), dialogue will mostly be the same for the two. Additional dialogue if either was romanced as well.

Liara will be in a makeshift hospital where she oversees the wounded (Depending on EMS, the beds will either be mostly empty, nearly full or overflowing). Dialogue will mostly be like in OTL alongside ones if Liara was romanced.

Grunt will be among other Krogan, in another section of the base, giddy for the fight ahead. Dialogue will also be the same as in OTL.

Garris will be in a Turian war barracks leading to Anderson, Primarch Victus can also be talked here, with dialogues varying on the EMS score. Turian soldiers will also be commenting once you pass by, again the EMS score is a factor to their dialogue. Garrus will be overseeing a platoon, and talking to him will have the entire platoon raise their rifles up towards the sky as Garrus makes a speech on how the turian platoon and the Hierarchy salutes Shepard for their actions, and that they are damn proud the Commander never became an accountant. After this the dialogue proceeds like in OTL, with a very tear jerking OTL dialogue for a Femshep who romanced Garrus.

On the path leading to where Anderson’s command room was, either Wrex/Wreav or Kirrahe will be giving a speech to their forces below. (Wrex/Wreav will always be prioritized by the game to give the speech). Like in OTL, Wrex and Wreav have their own dialogue as well as Kirrahe, who will be by the sidelines coordinating a salarian sniper squad.

Javik will be seen just near them, observing the beam, some parts of the dialogue goes the same as in OTL, with Javik musing that while the species of his cycle rallied together, it was the inactions of the higher government that led everything to fail, and their avatars slowly driven back and destroyed or corrupted. Calling Shepard the Avatar of Victory, Javik personally passes the torch of his cycle to the commander in the form of a blood oath to which Javik swears to see the cycle finished, as he once did to the previous Avatar of Vindication. Once he is asked on his plans after the war, Javik remarks that since he was born, he has only ever known war and thus looks forward to the peace that follows. If you got Javik to use the echo shard, he reveals that he desires to join with his crew either during in battle or once the war was finished, citing that once the last prothean has made his motive clear, the empire can finally rest. He will also tell the commander of an offer the Leviathans had bestowed upon him and says he rejected it for the same purpose of ensuring that the protheans of his cycle were finally avenged. He will then hand the Echo Shard to the Commander, telling them that as the Avatar of Victory, it was theirs to document now. If he was convinced to let go of the ghosts of his past, Javik will comment that he will either plan to write books with Liara (To which he respectfully calls Dr. T’Soni instead of just ‘the asari’) on his memoirs of the reaper war of his time as well as his musings on the technology of the current cycle, all the while jokingly commenting on his need for a job after there were no more reapers to kill. Or if Liara and Javik never reconciled, tells the commander that he plans to live among the Hanar like a king while assisting the Leviathans on a new journey to find alleged remnants of his cycle. Javik then offers his hand and shakes the Commanders as he returns to watching over the beam.

Johann will be found in the same building Anderson is on, overlooking the river, If he was assigned to Hackett’s command group, he will tell the Commander that he personally wanted to be where the fight was, an obligation not just as a Hohenzollern but also as a human. Talking with Johann reveals his desire to see Vienna rebuilt once the war was over with Shepard jokingly commenting on people will have to call him the Phoenix Kaiser/Crown Prince, to which Johann will also laugh. A romanced Johann will muse on their relationship with the Commander if they became Kaiser citing they might make a power couple (With Broshep being controversial as well), Shepard will have varying degrees of commentary depending on gender, background and optionally, name (With a Femshep having the default name of Gunhilda while having the Earthborn background commenting on a deja vu for human history given a certain saint’s humble background), Johann of course will have his own comments, with an Earthborn Gunhilda Shepard he will jokingly reply that they might make her a saint after what happens today. Depending on the conversation, Johann will notice a white stag on the other side of the river, staring at him, harmless at that, once he asks the commander if they too can see the stag, the commander will confirm as well. The stag of course will run away once a reaper horn blares in the distance, and disappears into the buildings. Johann will then comment on how the Reich endures due to that stag still being alive, to which Shepard can either just agree, or further reveal of what Kaiser Otto told them in a dream, Johann will react accordingly if the second option was chosen jokingly calling Shepard’s encounter with his favorite ancestor as lucky since the only Hohenzollern ancestor to visit him just before the fate of the galaxy was to be decided was Saint Wilhelmina.

Tali and/or Lamentations will be found in the same spot like in OTL, with both having dialogues of their own regarding the coordination of ground forces. Lamentations will have the same dialogue like the OTL Geth Prime from ME3. Lamentations will comment on the Geth’s future secured and emphasizes that it was time for them to fight the future of the whole galaxy. Tali’s will mostly be the same like in OTL’s as well as the romanced dialogue.

EDI is on the same spot as she is like in OTL, with her dialogue being mostly the same till she gets to the part concerning Joker and her relationship with him. If Shepard had convinced the two to pursue a relationship she’ll go on to say that despite being a machine, it seems she had started develop real feelings for the pilot as well, as when Joker freed her from her AI shackles back in ME2, she started becoming more free, if the two are only in a professional type of relationship, EDI reveals that Joker still harbors such feelings and that she seems open to the idea of talking about their relationship after the reapers were defeated and still decides to protect Joker no matter the outcome. After either conversation, EDI admits that she has slowly grown into a sapient person, and looks forward to see what the future would be, thanking Shepard for being the one to give her a new outlook on life and thus assures the commander that victory was near.

Talking to Anderson starts the second part of Priority: Earth and so players should have presumably talked to everyone beforehand, a cutscene begins as various characters gather around the holotable showing a complete overview of Vienna. The sprint to the beam is therefore split into three sections, the area around the beam just outside the city, No Man’s land in between were ruined buildings and open terrain lay, and finally the first level hamner team has to traverse that are the so called trenches (Most of the intact buildings are here), further conversations from Anderson reveals to ensure that most of Hammer reaches the objective, scouts report that the left and right flanks have to be commanded by specific troops to further divide reaper ground forces thus allowing the center to move forward.. Despite being similar to the Suicide Mission back in ME2, the choosing of specific war assets will not be decided by Commander Shepard but rather by the player themselves through whoever volunteers to take both flanks respectively. The left flank’s need for mobile forces coupled with firepower thus narrows down to war assets with mobility AND firepower. Plus whoever is assigned must able to do enough damage to force the reaper forces guarding no man’s land to reinforce the forces in the trenches and once the crossing of no man’s land begins, act as the hammer to pummel reaper ground forces with a cavalry charge. Detailed descriptions will be provided for each war asset thus letting players know which to take, with the best ones narrowed down to the Krogan Cavalry (ONLY if Shepard managed to do the Kakliosaur fossils side quest), the Turian Mechanized platoons and the Alliance armored divisions. Leaders/Commanding officers from either three will volunteer for such operations (Wrex/Wreav himself will take charge of the Krogan cavalry, with Grunt and then a random Urdnot Krogan taking Wrex’s place if he is assigned to Dagger team).

For the right flank, the teams recommended there needed to be fast on their feet, act as both reconnaissance, demolition and assassination, and also quick thinking as they will provide a necessary distraction for the more dangerous units like Banshees while also taking out Marauder officers. Again potential war assets are then shown, giving the player a variety of choices with the best ones being the STG team personally led by Major Kirrahe/Lieutenant Tolan, the Asari Serrice Commando team, and finally the N7 Commando team to which will be led by the Virmire survivor. Once the signal begins for everybody to cross No Man’s Land the Recon team will provide sniper covering fire so as to ensure the rest of Hammer’s safety. Right after the necessary forces have been assigned the next discussion will then be about the Destroyer guarding the beam and the means to lure it to which like in OTL will be baiting it far away from the beam and essentially to No Man’s land. The presence of another destroyer in the trenches complicates matters to which the Thanix missiles will provide the solution. Anderson then ends the briefing with the winning objective being getting to the beam and opening the Citadel arms. After this he gives Shepard a moment to talk to their team. After choosing who to take for the second portion of Priority: Earth, Shepard will give a speech to their crew to strengthen their resolve.

After this there is a menu where Shepard will have to choose where to place the crew members they didn’t get to bring in their party as backup for each flank, once this is done each team bids Shepard good luck and expecting to see them once the crossing of no man’s land had begun. The next cutscene is essentially like in OTL as Anderson personally leads the center whom begin to march out from Unity Island. The center also has its own series of flanks which many split up as they engage in Urban warfare, Shepard and their team head to the right side of the center. The OTL cutscene plays but with troops marching alongside Shepard’s team. Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

As the gameplay begins players are immediately bombarded by Shellers and Ravagers as you take cover, fighters and bombers will fly overhead and clear a path. Depending on EMS, the number of enemies players have to fight will have more numbers than your team or the various races accompanying the player. Due to the AI tweaked for the third game, the higher the difficulty the more intense the firefights are, therefore while easier difficulties can have players plow through numerous enemies with only their shield breaking, on higher difficulties, especially on Insanity they will have to relay not only on their party members but also the AI controlled troops fighting by their side. As this happens com chatter between Hammer team will happen, again with the EMS score giving dialogues a bit of variety and uniqueness. Notifications will also pop out in the corner giving players an overview on who has taken casualties, moving forward or wiped out (This is more prevalent on Medium and Low EMS scores). Shepard and team will also have their own combat oriented dialogue depending on the situation at hand, thus making this second portion of Priority: Earth more intense. Random battlefield events will occur during this portion as players are given a brief time to react to the situation (Like covering an Elcor Living Tank whose shields have gone down or providing a brief distraction to a pinned down squad), failing to react on time will lead to this specific events where casualties or severe wounding will happen, the lower the readiness score the more likely these events will occur, and the lower the EMS, the more likely these will turn into casualties instead. The slow methodical march of the center through the trenches sections is due to the sheer number of entrenched enemies in buildings. As the player fight their way through com chatter on the happenings on both the left and right flank will be broadcasted as the readiness score is factored in on the success of both teams. Marauders will occasionally be taken out with the left flank’s squad leader confirming their demise. Anderson will be occasionally be heard giving out orders to various groups, while also fighting off enemies. His XO, a Major Nikephorus von Schweinfurt (Basically OTL Major Coats) will also be issuing orders as well.

Halfway through the trenches sections a cutscene plays where the center attempt to take out the reaper destroyer causing havoc in the trench section, like in OTL, this only leaves the destroyer exposed as it causes casualties, the com chatter following this will again depend on the EMS score as Anderson’s XO confirms on the casualties sustained, meanwhile the various backup teams for the left and right flanks have finally joined together as Anderson will contact Shepard on the need to defend the Thanix missile launchers that accompanied the recon team before the crews are overrun. As they fight their way through to get towards the launchers they may occasionally pass by a ME2 crew member or two fighting side by side (With the banter between Jack and Miranda being a favorite among fans especially after Jack says the lines, “Not bad, for a cheerleader.”), other random encounters for ME2 crew members and those Shepard did not bring to their party throughout the section will play out as Shepard progresses towards the missile launchers, here are the following:

James leading a team made of various species (Including a Batarian) in breaking through a machine gun nest to which depending on EMS score can turn into a cutscene where James will be unfortunately overrun but not before taking out a ravager with his bare fists before exploding. He can potentially survive the cutscene if his loyalty mission was completed AND if Shepard managed to calm him down during the first time they sparred.

Grunt if he is not leading Dagger team or the Krogan cavalry will be leading the various Krogan mercenaries in an all out charge against brutes and banshees with Grunt himself going toe-to-toe with a Brute as he lets out his battlecry, but with We instead of I as the other Krogans join in as well. If the Krogan had pulled out of the war however a cutscene will play where Grunt, standing alone faces off two brutes at the same time before ripping he rips off one of their arms and uses it as a blunt instrument, he dies as swarms upon swarms of husks attack him, like Vega’s death, another explosion occurs as Grunt detonates a tank incendiary shell.

Javik’s will be a full cutscene upon Shepard’s team encountering the destroyer causing chaos on the trenches, and urges the commander to move forward as he will provide the necessary distraction. The last prothean then fires off his particle rifle causing the destroyer to be lock its sights on him. Tossing the rifle aside, Javik will then make a speech as he deploys an M290 Cain that was strapped to his back, said speech being the last testament to the Reapers’ failure, the hammer of vengeance for his people and the voice for his cycle. Just as the destroyer is prepared to vaporize the prothean, the Cain finishes arming and fires. If the EMS is on High, then a momentary distraction by the Vorcha-Volus bombing squadron causes enough distraction for the Destroyer, enough time for Javik to kill the Reaper off with the Cain, which collapses to the ground after being destroyed. Same thing occurs on Medium but Javik will sustain grievous injuries, forcing a surviving party member not in Shepard’s crew to drag the severely wounded but alive out from the battle (James, Liara and the rest in that order, if none then it would be a random alliance soldier). If Low, the Destroyer successfully kills the last Prothean before it itself gets destroyed by the Cain. This cutscene will particularly show Javik being at peace with a smile on his lips. If he comes out unscathed, he will join forces with the surviving party member just as the screams of a horde of banshees are heard.

Garrus alongside several sniper teams will be providing sniper fire for Shepard’s team and all the others who were converging towards the launchers, and bids Shepard good luck (If Garrus and Tali were hedging on bets just before Priority: Earth begins they too will occasionally say the number of kills they have ala Legolas and Gimli).

On a chokepoint just near the launchers a strikeforce will be there entrenched against reaper forces. Depending on the choices made throughout the trilogy, the strikeforce will either have the default Alliance-Turian strikeforce (With Johann and the Virmire survivor commanding it) or a Quarian-Geth strikeforce, with Tali and/or Lamentations commanding if neither or one of them is in Shepard’s party. The commanding officers will then tell Shepard that they will keep this flank secured and contained long enough for the launchers to do their intended target; the EMS score will decide the fate of this strikeforce once the game reaches its climactic showdown. If the Quarians won it will only just be them placing explosives around and setting up turret placements, with Tali leading them, save goes for the Geth if they were the ones who won instead.

The EMS score will again be a factor upon arriving on the Missle Launchers as depending on the score, the crew members will either suffer half of them getting killed, most, or completely overrun (Like in OTL). As fighters fly overhead to make the launchers a tempting target for the Destroyer guard the beam, Shepard, their team and whatever AI controlled allies managed to survive the long run towards the launchers will be forced to dig in around the launchers as waves upon waves (Totalling to five) of reaper ground forces converge upon their location. All the while the Reaper Destroyer slowly gets near. As the fight goes on, there will be reinforcements coming in to Shepard’s aid, which will also play as cutscenes such as:

Zaeed leading the entire mercenary forces during the second wave, thus boosting the already dwindling defenders with their immense firepower, Zaeed himself will be an AI controlled character and will be participating in the fight. Aria and her own group, alongside Nyreen will be coming in on the fourth wave, launching in a combined biotic attack that destroys several Banshees.

If they’re not in the strikeforce defending the chokepoint, Johann and the Virmire Survivor will be leading the joint Turian-Alliance forces that manages to keep the Shellers and Ravagers distracted long enough for the Elcor Living Tanks to counter with their own artillery and machine guns. Like Zaeed, Aria and Nyreen they too will be AI controlled allies.

The fight for the launchers has severe repercussions for reaper ground forces as despite the EMS score it is clear there are fewer troops in No man’s land, as the husks have began converging on the launchers. This is radioed in by the Recon team leader just after they confirm of the placement of explosives in key locations on the left flank. Anderson then radios in on the proposed fallback positions once enough forces have been sent directly to the beam. The recon team leader then urgently tells Anderson that the reaper ground forces were actively destroying the beam thus leading to the conclusion that the Reapers were trying to deny Hammer the oath to the Citadel, the left flank’s team leader going radio silent makes matters much worse.

By the time ravagers are deploying, the arrival of Rachni drones plus several krogan will help clear these new sets of enemies with even the Krogan synchronizing their attacks with the rachni. Shiala and the colonists will also appear as their coordinated attacks force a retreat for reaper ground forces before the next wave occurs.

Miranda and Jacob’s Cerberus team, Jack and her students, Samara herself and a Sentinel biotic team will be the last ones to arrive as an all out banshee swarm converge on the launchers, just as the destroyer was in range,bombarding the defenders with its beam. Either the students were given an offensive role or a defensive ones their survival will also depend on EMS, as such they will take casualties on Medium and Low while on High just moderate wounds. As mentioned above, Jack and Miranda will have a brief banter towards each other as Samara launches her own attacks. While Jacob coordinates with various Alliance troops. As above, they too will be AI controlled characters.

After the destroyer is defeated like in OTL, Anderson’s armored battalion arrives to where the launchers are, with news of the center flank preparing to cross No Man’s Land. News from Hackett and the Fleet commander is worrying as several Reaper capital ships have broken off with their battle with Sword and are heading towards the positions of Hammer Team and Dagger Team. The distraction was indeed a sucess, but Harbinger was personally coming down to Vienna, much to Shepard’s chagrin as the armored battalion starts pushing towards No Man’s Land. The strike force assigned to the chokepoint will then announce via com of acting as a rear guard. The cutscene shifts to the Charon relay as the massive figure of the Crucible appears, followed by Hackett’s flagship and the fleet assigned to guard the Crucible. Reaper capital ships, Harbinger leading them then begin to descend to Earth, with Hackett urging available units to delay the ships and give Hammer time. Depending on the EMS score this will either be successful (With only Harbinger and two other capital ships successfully evading while the rest are distracted) or a failure as there are no available units left. The cutscene then shifts to what is presumably the entrance to the Citadel’s communications relay as the last of the Cult of the Ascended are slaughtered, this brief moment contact is then used by an injured Commander Bailey (Complete with a fresh injury on his left eye covered by an eyepatch) to tell the galactic forces that there were still fighting forces inside the Citadel, he briefly confirms the survival of other key personnel and then dictates they will find a way to open the arms. The communication then cuts off as the scene shifts to Hackett on his ship’s bridge, telling Hammer team of this new intel. Back in the troop carrier where Anderson, Shepard and their people were on, this new intel changes everything as it is now clear that they have to reinforce the Citadel forces on the other side.

The crossing of no man’s land will share similarities to OTL and TTL’s Take Earth Back trailer, Shepard finds a discarded toy on the ground (Though unlike the trailer its the SR1), husks spots the huge number of galactic forces, Shepard’s party member looks at the commander worryingly before getting their weapon. Initial bombing run begins with fighters destroying Shellers and Ravagers. After that the Hammerhead and Mako tanks push forward, providing cover for the rest of Hammer. Before the signal to charge is given however, an ominous reaper horn blares, and Harbinger drops right beside the beam. It then begins simultaneously destroying tanks and the beam supports thus Anderson is forced to give the signal to charge. This portion will be a mix of OTL’s beam run as while you will be sprinting across no-man’s land to get to the beam. Party members if they have made it that far will also be sprinting towards the beam (With those with support potential like Jack and Garrus being in the far back) Meanwhile music will play (With High, Medium and Low having their own versions) players will also be forced to fight sets of enemies that were not ran over by Mako tanks or not killed off, with numbers depending on the EMS score, allies will be doing the same, Harbinger does not discriminate targets, you WILL see party members get killed off if the EMS is at low as the game makes sure to prioritize the other forces before your crew. As this happens the last of the tanks are vaporized, before Harbinger could turn its sights towards the beam however the Recon team manages to launch an extra set of Thanix Missile launchers that they had been holding back, thus distracting Harbinger long enough for the Gibraltar, flanked by fighters fire their weapons at the Reaper. As the Gibraltar ascends up towards the sky and the fighters either break off and scatter or get vaporized, the recon team’s leader will then radio Anderson in of reaper ground troops converging on their location just before Harbinger’s beam fires on them. The radio goes silent moments later, their survival now down to the final EMS score (Kirrahe, if his team was chosen will allegedly say that they will hold the line no matter the cost). Harbinger fires off towards one of the beam supports before trailing after the Gibraltar but not before adressing Shepard and telling them that the time has come. The reaper will then drop off MORE reaper troops, some of which are possessed by reapers, thus forcing the remnants of Hammer who are halfway in crossing No Man’s land to fight them. Just before this happens however, the left flank’s leader radios Anderson in, apologizing them of being tardy as they had ran in to a heavily entrenched artillery platform. Thus the scene then shifts to the forces in the left flank as they gather towards the far left, with a view of the beam and Hammer getting decimated. While the commanding officers from the mechanized and tank platoons will mostly be about giving the galaxy a tank cavalry charge. The Krogans have their own special cutscene. With their leader right at the front.

Wreav will give a powerful speech wherein on that day, at the sight of every living thing on the galaxy, they will finally see the awesome might of the Krogan and why they were always meant to be feared This is followed by him bellowing a question on who owns Tuchanka, to which the other Krogan will reply that they did, when Wreav once again asks who defeated the Rachni, the Krogans answer the same question. And when Wreav asks them on who was going to defeat the Reapers, the entire Krogan cavalry will below that they will. Wreav then begins the charge.

For Grunt or an Urdnot Krogan (Dag from OTL & TTL ME3’s Aralahk Company if Grunt died or was never released) will rally the cavalry and with a boombastic speech teels them that Aralahk, Tuchanka’s sun made them who they were, and the time has come to make the Reapers fear them as well. The speech ends with Grunt or Urdnot Dag proudly procalimaing that they are the children of Aralahk, and thus they will make Tuchanka proud on that day. Grunt/Dag then begins the charge

For Wrex, he will at first survey the situation, then signals various Krogan from different clans to prepare the war horns and the guns. Wrex will then mutter that from this day, everyone on the Galaxy will remember this moment. Wrex then launches a speech regarding the strengths of the Krogan. And how their resolve helped save the Galaxy the first time. And with the curing of the Genophage, every Krogan can have purpose again. To which every Krogan will grimly agree, as the war horn blows, Wrex then gives the Krogan a question, the first being on who talked him out of going into rage back in Virmire three years before, the Krogan will utter the name Shepard. When Wrex asks again who was the only human to actually give a damn about their species and never asked for anything but friendship, to which the Krogan will loudly exclaim Shepard, when Wrex asks the Krogan again who helped cure the genophage, giving them all purpose, and reconnecting with their proud heritage, the Krogan will scream Shepard! Wrex then ushers his mount forward as he turns to the gathering Krogan cavalry, and asks for one last time on what was the krogan word for hero, and the entire cavalry will scream the name SHEPARD! As Wrex signals for the war horn to be played, every other Krogan will keep screaming the name Shepard. Wrex signals the charge, bellowing Tuchanka and Shepard’s name.

The charge of the left flank is an awe inspiring sight to Hamner as they fire their weapons in masse while charging on the remaining Reaper ground forces. Both the Krogan, the Turians and the Alliance have their own special music for this scene so as to distuingish one charge from the other. The Krogan on their kakliosaur will be an even bigger inspiring sight as their mounts charge like the days of feudal knights, a symphony of war horns, biotics and krogan weapons mixed in. If Wrex leads the charge, the krogan will bellow SHEPARD! SHEPARD! SHEPARD! the moment they start charging and gaining momentum. Depending on the EMS score they will start taking casualties as they get nearer with high EMS having them merely take casialties just as they collide with the forces guarding the other half of No Man’s land. After this a brief fight ensues as Shepard and crew fight off the remaining reaper ground forces still alive (While either getting on a tank or mounting a kakliosaur). Anderson and several other troops are then seen transporting themselves into the beam, just as Major von Schwienfurt announces that reaper forces were attacking en masse on Vienna and advises any remaining Hammer teams to fall back to designated positions. With the beam almost to the point of collapsing everytime more troops funnel themselves through (EMS will again be a factor), Shepard is the last to make it to the beam however before he could wait for his party members a damaged Marauder appears and attempts to engage in hand to hand combat with the commander, unfortunately this leads to Shepard getting thrown into the beam just as they finish off the Marauder. As Shepard is transported, the beam finally collapses but not before sending a shockwave that knocks off every single troot including Shepard’s party members if they survived the initial attack on the missile launcher and Harbinger’s beam bombardments. The remaining Hammer forces are then forced to retreat back to designated areas on the Trench section with the two squadmates on Shepard’s team being forced to be dragged by retreating forces, when the beam’s supports collapse, it shuts down for good, leaving reinforcements trapped on the Citadel.

Meanwhile in space, the battle goes as one would expect depending on the final EMS score, with high having Sword fleets very slowly gaining ground against the remaining reapers, Medium being a stalemate and Low having Shield’s reinforcements ensure that Sword doesn’t get routed, the general situation on Hackett’s command bridge will also be a factor as he coordinates with Sword. Once word is passed that troops including Anderson and Shepard have made it to the beam, he then announces it fleet wide as he orders the fleets to begin converging on the Crucible and ensures its protection.

And that’s the entire summary of Priority: Earth. Hope you fellas enjoy this summary of what I think TTL ME3’s first half of its final hours might look like. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Don’t forget about Wilhelmina too, it’s been a very long time since we’ve had a feamale Kaiserin, let alone a Kaiserin named after Saint Wilhelmina. plus it would be nice for Wilhelmina to carry out the role her mother was supposed to have. I think she deverses to be Crown Princess as that would also honor Elizabeth Alexandria as well by having her daughter be the future Kaiserin. Plus her as Kaiserin would stick it to the types of people that would support Wilhelm Karl, like ultraconservatives or traditionalist. :p but If she won't be able to become the next Kaiserin through, then I will be okay with Prince Georg ascending the throne. He seems like he would be a good enough guy to be Kaiser.
Remember what happened to the last monarchs named Wilhelmina and Friedrich? Or should I say, do you remember them?
Also, Wilhelm Karl is too snobby to be left alive!:p
Help me, help me, I'm getting too weak, the Augustinian Code is in the way...
I think a cinematic universe based around the Five Great Classical Novels would be quite awesome to see. After all, you and @TWR97 have thrown around ideas for Monster Cinematic Universes for King Kong and Godzilla, so I don’t see why we can’t have a cinematic universe for the Five Great Classical Novels.
That sounds nice. I'll try to remember that.
I also like how Battlestar Galactica was described in EU4 when it was Battlestar Tianlong (I’m still a bit sad most of the EU4 details about Battlestar Galactica where retconed here) and was described as being very popular in Neurhomania and Penglai due to its inspiration. Now since the founding of Fusang and Penglai still inspires the story of Battlestar/Warstar Galatica, I can see it still being very popular in the Sinosphere countries, Kanata and Neurhomania down to the point that Penglai would make a spin off Donguha/Manuha, thus explaining the “Battlestar Tianlong” name referenced in EU4. I actually would like to see a Battlestar Galatica anime spin-off ITTL come to come to think of it, that would be very interesting to see.:D
I will admit to having not seen either version of Battlestar Galatica unfortunately (through I remember playing a Video Game related to it once.:p) so I was wondering if you could give me some pointers about watching either the classic series or reboot, and if I should watch the classic series or just watch the Modern one?
I totally forgot about that reference, since it was so long ago. We'll just retcon it as a spinoff series (like that one time I wrote BSG fanfiction about another battlestar, Pacifica, although it was more of a BSG-Stargate crossover, but that's another story) with an even more popular manhua adaptation.

I've never seen the original, which from what I heard is basically just Mormons in space surrounded by campy aliens of the week. It doesn't help that it's so hard to find online. I've only seen the reboot, and it is quite simply the best piece of science fiction I've ever seen (The Expanse comes very close), with very relevant social and political commentary and the most realistic physics I've ever seen, aside from The Expanse (I'm going to be using a mix of them in the Stellaris story). The last season and especially the finale polarized fans, but I thought it was a good sendoff for the series, given the writers' strike at the time led to a drop in quality for a lot of shows. There are two tie-in movies which tell the story from other factions' points of views (I won't say which ones). There's also a prequel series, Caprica, which was canceled after one season (to make room for WWE, of all things) but has phenomenal worldbuilding. The prequel webseries Blood and Chrome is mostly meh but extremely canon-breaking.
I also noticed in the table of contents in the spots reserved for the DCCU movies you also have reserved spots for the CW shows too. I’m curious if your going to make the CW Arrowverse shows a part of the DC Cinematic Universe (like Daredevil and Agents of Shields are part of the MCU but don’t really play a large role in its plot) or just leave it as it’s own thing like OTL? I think I’ll come up with some cultural questions and suggestions for both MCU and DCCU franchises actually, so stay tuned for those discussions.:)
Originally, I was going to make the DC Cinematic Universe the Annionaverse's equivalent of the MCU (with their MCU being the DCEU and the MCU shows being the CW shows, Agents of Shield literally taking inspiration from the worst seasons of Arrow), but I shifted the DCCU to the Hohenzollernverse. I haven't planned on integrating the CW shows because of this, but ideally they'd be part of the DCCU, focusing on lower-level superheroes doing their own thing (except for the Flash, who has his own movie, and Supergirl, who is too close to Superman to get a show) while the Justice League fights the world-ending threats. However, I did loosely integrate the Nolan Batman trilogy into the DCCU, helping set up Batman's character and identity before he meets Superman.
Well you can't have a TRUE Roman Empire without a civil war after all, it has been a proud tradition going back to the days of Romulus and Remus! :p, although Willhelm Karl taking the helm has me dreading on what's to come.

What if the Hohenzollerns get exiled to Mars as well :eek:
I assure you, we totally won't go into that mysterious temple which will bring us under the influence of an eldritch abomination. We definitely won't do that. Nope, we won't. Yeah, we're going to nuke it from orbit, yep, nuke it, definitely.;)

when Wrex asks the Krogan again who helped cure the genophage, giving them all purpose, and reconnecting with their proud heritage, the Krogan will scream Shepard! Wrex then ushers his mount forward as he turns to the gathering Krogan cavalry, and asks for one last time on what was the krogan word for hero, and the entire cavalry will scream the name SHEPARD! As Wrex signals for the war horn to be played, every other Krogan will keep screaming the name Shepard. Wrex signals the charge, bellowing Tuchanka and Shepard’s name.
If Wrex leads the charge, the krogan will bellow SHEPARD! SHEPARD! SHEPARD!
Wrex? Grunt? :p

Seriously through, as much as I love how the Citadel DLC incorporated that meme, the way you fit in as an epic moment in this interlude is awesome as all hell. :D So thanks for that, and good work as usual. Can't belive were in the final parts of these Mass Effect interludes, but you have done well with them.:)

Last edited:
Through the Pitch Dark, Part 3

Tatiana’s house - 10:30 AM

Tatiana parked her car in the driveway and got out, helping Irina get out. Angela got out of the passenger seat as Boris opened the front door.

“Hi, honey,” he said.

Irina smiled and hugged Boris.

“Dad, I collected some flowers for you,” she said, handing him the flowers, “They smell like fresh grass.”

“Thank you,” Boris said.

Tatiana tapped her earpiece. “I’ll be right in, honey. Uh, Kirova here.”

“He was very, very helpful,” Angela said, “Thank you.”

“Thank you, Agent Hansen,” Boris said.

"Bye, Irina,” Angela said.

Irina weakly waved at her. “Bye.”

Angela answered her earpiece.

“The boat's called the Sarah,” Schulz said, “The Red Hook Marina in Neustadt, B Dock. Be there tonight at 10, and I'll get you where you want to go.”

“Okay, I'll be there,” Angela said, hanging up.

“Agent Hansen,” Tatiana said, “Colonel Kurtz wants to inform you Annie got a hit on the prayer. They traced it to the Astoria Church in the Westend.”

Astoria Church, Konstanstadt - 1:00 PM

“‘Through the pitch dark comes the cleansing fire’,” Angela said.

“Yeah,” Reverend Marcus said, “‘And through the fire, you shall find the spring of new life’. It’s just beautiful, right?”

“What does it mean?” Angela said.

“I wasn't always a man of the cloth,” Marcus said, “You know, I used to be a physician. And then the avian flu epidemic came in ‘72. My wife became ill. And despite all my training, there was... there was nothing I could do to save her. Without her... I was nothing. I was lost. But then God sent a messenger. He sent It to lift me up. It showed me that what people need in these troubled times is something to believe in. Faith, that's what'll heal this wounded world.”

“The prayer was spoken by the suspect in a kidnapping that we're investigating,” Angela said, “We believe the suspect is a member of your church. It will help our investigation if you would give us the names and addresses of all men in your congregation over the last forty years.”

"Giving out information on parishioners is, is breaking the confessional seal,” Marcus said, “I’m sure the Pope would agree with me.”

“Reverend, I understand,” Kurtz said, “I am a man of faith. But right now there's a child missing, and we need your help. We have a former victim who can identify the kidnappers' voices.”

“And you believe that this person is reliable?” Marcus said.

“She’s my friend’s daughter,” Kurtz said.

“Oh, I'm sorry,” Marcus said, handing them a ledger, “Here’s the roster from our men's group, if that'll help.”

“Thank you,” Kurtz said.

They left the church. Angela looked over the ledger.

“There are over four hundred names on this list,” Angela said, “We should search the oldest names first, starting with…Oskar Junge.”

She remembered that name from one of her old cases back on her own X-Division, in her world, almost twenty years ago. A kid had been bleeding from his palms, and Junge abducted him, claiming to be protecting him from demons. As was the case with those cases, Junge was right.

“We’ll have to split up,” Kurtz said, “Call the others.”

Oskar Junge’s apartment - 2:00 PM

“No, nothing yet,” Angela said on her earpiece, “Although this church is full of true believers. Annie tells me one guy actually told her the Reverend cured his kidney disease. So what about Olga and Louise?”

“No luck yet,” Kurtz said, “They’ve interviewed seven men on the list, and none fit the profile.”

Angela walked up to the door of Oskar Junge’s apartment. “Okay, I'm here. I'll, uh, I'll call you in a bit.”

She hung up and knocked on the door. It opened, revealing a young man who vaguely looked familiar to her.

“Oskar Junge?” Angela said, taking out her badge.

“That’s me,” Oskar said.

The Oskar Junge Angela knew was much older than this young man.

“Agent Hansen,” she said, “I’m with X-Division. I need to ask you a couple questions in regard to an investigation. Can I come in?”

“Sure,” Oskar said.

Angela walked inside the messy apartment. They sat down on the couch, where Angela showed him a picture of Max.

“Yeah,” Oskar said, “Saw him on the news. It's real sad. You really think someone from the church may have taken him?”

“Possibly,” Angela said, “Yeah.”

“Excuse me for a moment,” Oskar said, getting food from the stove, “So did you go meet Reverend Marcus?"

“Yes,” Angela said.

“He is a miracle worker,” Oskar said, "Great man. Touched by God and his messenger.”

Angela noticed a child’s doll visible in the corner. Her suspicions were confirmed.

"Do you live here alone, Herr Junge?” Angela asked.

“Yep,” Oskar said, “Just me.”

Angela drew her gun and pointed it at him.

“Don’t move!” she ordered.

Oskar instead threw a glass of water at her, and she ducked. He ran into an adjacent room and locked the door behind him. Angela tried kicking the door down, but it wouldn’t budge. She tapped her earpiece.

“This is Agent Hansen,” she said, “I’m at 1068 Kremstrasse, #5. I’ve found the suspect. Requesting backup now.”

She opened a closet and found a curtained opening at the back. She opened it and entered a hidden room, where Max rested on a bed, a device attached to the back of his head.

“Max,” she said, detaching the device, “I’m with the Athanatoi. Are you okay?”

Oskar charged into the room and aimed a sawed-off shotgun at Angela.

“The heartless shall be cleansed!” he shouted.

Angela spun around and shot him.

2:15 PM

Angela and Kurtz stood over Oskar’s corpse as it was put in a body bag.

“The paramedics took Max to the hospital,” she said, “His mother'll meet him there. The Super said Oskar Junge had been living here for almost forty years. Kept to himself, always paid his rent a week in advance.”

Annie poked her head out from one room. “Hey. You guys should take a look at this.”

They walked into the room, where Louise and Olga stood over a bench of equipment.

“Have you figured out what he was doing?” Kurtz said.

“We won't know exactly until we get this back to the lab, but my guess is Angie was right,” Annie said.

“About what?” Kurtz said.

“Seems he was making an age-regression serum,” Olga said.

She handed over a Show Me with an image of an older Oskar, looking exactly as Angela remembered of him in her own universe.

“He was extracting hormones from the kids and giving them to himself,” Louise said.

“Tatiana’s daughter was right,” Annie said, “There was a young and an old suspect. It's just they were the same man.”

“This guy worked in housekeeping,” Olga said, "How'd he figure out how to do all this?”

Kurtz turned to Angela and patted her on the shoulder.

“I won't forget what you did here,” he said, “General Kirova sends her regards.”

He walked away.

“Hey, when you're done here, you want to join me, Olga, and Louise for a beer?” Annie said. “We get a lot of bad days. We got to celebrate the good ones. Girls’ night out.”

“Sorry,” Angela said, “Alex and I made plans. Maybe another time?”

Red Hook Marina - 10:19 PM

Angela walked down the dock to a small boat, where Schulz waited.

“Hey,” she said.

“You're nineteen minutes late,” Schulz said, “I had one more minute, and I was out of here.”

“Wow, you really think this thing will take us across the harbor?” Angela said.

“Military surplus,” Schulz said, “Served me and Mark well in Lindi. Don't worry about the boat. Worry about the patrols around that island.”

“Hey Schulz, I know I'm asking a lot of you, if you want to back out…” Angela said.

“Come on,” Schulz said, “I’m a veteran. Let’s just get it over with, okay?”

“You want me to cast us off?” Angela said.

“What?” Schulz said.

“Do you want me to untie the boat from the dock?” Angela said.

“Oh, yeah, yeah,” Schulz said, “Do that. Yeah.”

Angela untied the boat.

“Schulz, you did this before, right?” Angela said.

"Want to know the truth?” Schulz said.

“Yeah,” Angela said.

“I did, during the war,” Schulz said, “But water scares the hell out of me. Ever since my last mission in Lindi. We were doing regular patrols on the Niger River. There were ten of us. Erich manned the 50-caliber, Mark kept the engine going, I steered. One night, past 10, we were ambushed by the Malians. They were everywhere at once. My men barely had time to grab their guns or say their prayers before they were cut down. Somebody hit the engine, and it stopped. Erich’s gun jammed. Mark was hit in the leg. He was bleeding out. We were all going to die there…if not for Erich. He jumped down and started repairing the engine. He worked for five whole minutes. He was shot several times, but the engine started up, and I got us back to base. His body still clung to the back. He had bled out. He was a lot like you, now that I think of it. He died a hero, I’ll say. I have not touched a boat since then. Look, don't worry. Mark ran me through everything I need to know. We'll be fine. Just do that, that casting thing.”

Angela stared at him.

“What’s wrong?” Schulz said.

“Someone had to teach you how to do it,” Angela said.

“Yeah, so what?” Schulz said. “I just told you about why I don’t like boats.”

“Hold on a second,” Angela said, tapping her earpiece.

“Hello?” Kurtz said.

“I think we were wrong,” Angela said, “Oskar Junge was not a scientist. He needed someone to show him how to make the serum."

“Who?” Kurtz said.

“Reverend Marcus,” Angela said, “He said he was a doctor. I think that's how he's been healing his congregation. Oskar was working for him.”

“Dear God,” Kurtz said.

“Irina was right all along,” Angela said, “There really were two suspects.”

“I’m calling Tatiana and Olga,” Kurtz said, “I can’t reach Boris.”

“Okay, I'll meet you at your house,” Angela said, hanging up, “Schulz, I have to do something. Can you wait? Please?”

Schulz sighed. “Where the hell are you going?”