• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I thought you might use larger armies just so it easier to micro I cant imagine how many armies you have to manage right now
At least 20, but doesn't feel like much micromanaging to me. Over the course of the war I started relying heavily on mobilized doomstacks, but I think it's much neater and better for RP if I use the 30k stacks and just combine them when I put them in battle. Helps me with strategy too, as I can actually do encirclements, flanking maneuvers, and organize an entire front with them.

Only twenty huh when I play victoria 2 even just playing regular German I prbobly have that many or more with 42 stack armies (5 inf/guard 5 arty 2 dragoons 2 engineers)

Its just Arty does so much damage I dont like relying on anything but my standing army I almost never mobilize because overall it weakens me as my craftsman and farmers are dieing.

PS Have you thought about building a grad army like an army that rests in your capital but is your strongest force like a Grand Imperial Army

Only twenty huh when I play victoria 2 even just playing regular German I prbobly have that many or more with 42 stack armies (5 inf/guard 5 arty 2 dragoons 2 engineers)

Its just Arty does so much damage I dont like relying on anything but my standing army I almost never mobilize because overall it weakens me as my craftsman and farmers are dieing.

PS Have you thought about building a grad army like an army that rests in your capital but is your strongest force like a Grand Imperial Army
I could have easily done 50k or 60k stacks because I have so many soldier pops, but I stuck with 30k for RP purposes.

I just did the mobilization for RP purposes, but it did help me when my professional armies started dying faster than I could replace them.

Yeah, I have a 30k stack stationed in my capital (along with Kanata's and Mali's) at all times.

So out of curiosity, will Grand Duchess Charlotte or Wilhelmina be Sbyslava in HOI3?
I'm sorry, who? I can't seem to find any sources on either of them. Right now I'm thinking about using Kira Kirillovna's portrait and parts of her backstory for Sbyslava, but that is subject to change.

I'm sorry, who? I can't seem to find any sources on either of them. Right now I'm thinking about using Kira Kirillovna's portrait and parts of her backstory for Sbyslava, but that is subject to change.
Wilhelmina is Head of State in Netherlands in HOI3 and actual Netherlandean queen during WWII.Charlotte is Head of State in Luxembourg in HOI3 and also historical ruler of this grand duchy.Choosing one of this two women as face of Sbyslava will show Tsarist Russia not as Russian,but as more European country.
P.S.:If you only moved Russian Republic in Baltic States and Tsarist Russia into Ukraine...
P.P.S.:What you would do with Soviets in HOI3 update?

Wilhelmina is Head of State in Netherlands in HOI3 and actual Netherlandean queen during WWII.Charlotte is Head of State in Luxembourg in HOI3 and also historical ruler of this grand duchy.Choosing one of this two women as face of Sbyslava will show Tsarist Russia not as Russian,but as more European country.
P.S.:If you only moved Russian Republic in Baltic States and Tsarist Russia into Ukraine...
P.P.S.:What you would do with Soviets in HOI3 update?
Oh, I didn't recognize either of them in the above post! Maybe I'll use a combination of Kira, Wilhelmina, and Queen Elizabeth to build Sbyslava's character and life story.

Russian Republic might have made sense in the Baltics, but Tsarist Russia in Ukraine wouldn't make sense, for plot reasons I'll reveal in HOI3.

Soviet plans for HOI3 will be revealed when they come up. But I can say that Trotsky, unlike Stalin, favors spreading the revolution...

The next update has been delayed because I've got classes coming up next week and I'm busy writing localization for 200+ postwar events. In the meantime I might post a mini-update detailing events of the year 1920 and maybe some character updates.

Wait, you can add in pictures? I thought you were only using in game portraits? Oh well, forget I asked. And take as much time as you need, my lazy ass takes a month to push out the same amount of content for a TL that you put out in a day.

Wait, you can add in pictures? I thought you were only using in game portraits? Oh well, forget I asked. And take as much time as you need, my lazy ass takes a month to push out the same amount of content for a TL that you put out in a day.
Game portraits are unlikely, they're just for forum updates.

Chapter 275: The Turk's Dilemma

"The Turks are a very strange people. They worship Perun and the Slavic pantheon, yet they also praise Zun. They speak a total of four languages - Hindi, Turkish, Afghan, and Russian. It is only a matter of time before the contradictions within the Turkish state tear it apart and plunge the region into chaos again."
-Chancellor Xu Shichang, on the question of Turkish stability

"As we know, the goal of every struggle is victory. But if the Roman people are to achieve victory, all of the Romans, irrespective of nationality, must be united. Clearly, the strengthening of the imperial state and close unity between the German, Greek, Lombard, Norse, Kurdish, Quechua, Muslim, and other Romans is a necessary condition for the victory of the Romans of all of the Reich."
-Ecumenical Patriarch Joseph I

The year 1921 was the first year that the entire world was at peace. The ceasefire to the Kanatan Civil War negotiated by Hindenburg and Ludendorff held, meaning that the kingdom finally got to experience peace. The last remnants of the war ended with the signing of the ceasefire, which was a cause for celebration in some countries and despair in others. While the war itself was over, many countries had other issues to worry about. The Chinese Empire's elections concluded on the second of January, with the Fuxingyundong as usual gaining a majority in the Diet. The Guangxu Emperor appointed Vice Chancellor Xu Shichang as the next Chancellor. Chancellor Xu started setting up his new cabinet at once. Xu appointed General Feng Guozhang as his War Minister, while he appointed Li Yuanhong to a second term as Foreign Minister. In his first speech to the Diet, Xu vowed to follow through on his campaign promises to reform the Diet and expand the electorate, also promising to work together closely with the opposition Guomindang Party, which had gained a substantial number of seats.

Not many other countries were as lucky as China. Danmark and Abyssinia managed to maintain some degree of stability, the former through help from the Roman occupation force and the latter through martial law. It was enough to prevent either of them from descending into civil war, but it wasn't enough to restore the prosperity they had before the war. Mali was stabler than Danmark, as the local Malian army proved to be very effective in crushing dissent; the occupation force was considering lifting martial law in several months. The Triple Alliance likewise declared martial law, but the situation was further complicated when generals started operating independently from Tenochtitlan, eroding the authority of Ocuil II significantly.

India continued to slide deeper into anarchy, prompting many to flee to Indian Africa, where they found that Purandaradasa's government in exile had enough problems of its own. At least the monarchy didn't suffer the rampant hyperinflation brought on by war reparations the republic experienced.

The Turks, though, were a special case. While it looked like the country was mostly stable, as evident from an announcement in late March that electricity had been installed in a majority of Turkish towns, ethnic and cultural tensions threatened to rip apart the young nation. The Indian settlers who made up a vast majority of the country protested their marginalization and discrimination under the new regime. It got to the point that some Turkish politicians even proposed expelling all of the Indians to India and making Turkestan ethnically and culturailly homogeneous. Padishah Osman I, however, had other ideas, and forced legislation through the government granting Indians equal rights with Turks. While this appeased the Indians, the law also brought up other issues when other minorities, both ethnic and religious ones, also demanded the same treatment.
20160921181915_1.jpg
20160921182416_1.jpg
20160921182444_1.jpg
20160921182513_1.jpg
In the Reich, the most important event of that month was the release of a new novel, called Ulysses. The book, which detailed the life of a regular Hibernian citizen several years before the war, inexplicably became wildly popular among the citizens of the Reich. It was rumored that Angelos himself read the book and remarked that it was "boring, but somehow good." The success of Ulysses was one sign that the Reich had begun to recover from the war and return to peace. Another sign arrived in April, when the first several thousand troops arrived home. Triumphs were held in the major coastal cities where the troops disembarked. No more families would be torn apart by the war. Now the healing process could begin.

Danmark stabilized itself long enough for King Thorbjorn to accept his country's membership into the International Olympic Committee. Mayapan also achieved relative stability that month. As it was the country least affected by the war, it entered the 1920s in relatively good shape.

In China, the Diet finally passed Chancellor Xu's reforms, eliminating the weighted voting system and equalizing every Chinese citizen's vote. This earned Xu much praise among the common people. With the voting reforms completed, Xu moved on to social reforms aimed at strengthening China's ideological defenses against equalism.
20160921182539_1.jpg
20160922134528_1.jpg

The "Hegemon of the Eimericas" was not spared the horrors of war. While it had successfully stalemated the Romans and Kanatans during the war, the millions of lives it lost took a horrible toll on the Fox Empire. Fox's economy was in ruins, as was the alliance bloc that it led, the Pan-Eimerican Confederation. The people were simply tired and wanted change, no matter how dangerous change was.
20160922134548_1.jpg

Similar sentiments were on the rise in Danmark, though thankfully on a smaller scale. The Norse in the country had been put through humiliation after humiliation, and they did not want to endure the humiliation of being a Roman puppet any longer. Riots throughout the country ensued, and the Regency ordered Thorbjorn to impose martial law. Thorbjorn refused, as he wanted to try other methods of calming down the people first. He appeared before the people of Copenhagen, urging them to overcome their prejudice and hatred and unite against a common enemy - the Soviets. While the Reich was content with humiliating them for a finite amount of time, the Soviets wanted nothing mroe than the complete eradication of Norse civilization and of the Norse faith.

Ludendorff seized on this opportunity to issue a speech of his own, emphasizing the common Germanic heritage of both the Norse and the Germans. While over half of the Diet, as well as Angelos and Hindenburg, denounced the speech as anti-Roman and detrimental to the German peoples' legitimacy as Romans, the speech served its purpose, and the Norse of Danmark calmed down.

In Suomi, Tsar-Khagan Temur III announced that the Finns had recovered the Suomenusko holy sites, boosting national unity significantly. He also warned the people that this development was unstable, and as long as the Soviets existed they had to be ready for war. Thousands of Finnish men flocked to recruiting offices, eager to defend their country. They were promptly sent off to the Soviet border, where the government had built a series of fortifications designed to stop a Soviet invasion in its tracks.

In Turkestan, tensions boiled over for a second time when a politician randomly suggested sarcastically that Osman convert to Zunism, as his ancestors had been Zunist and the Turks had only converted to Slavism under Mongol occupation. Osman mistook the sarcastic remark for an actual request, and before he could act further the govenrment descended into chaos as Zunists, Hindus, and Slavs organized into factions demanding that their faith become the state religion. To prevent the country from similarly fracturing into Slavic, Zunist, and Hindu cliques, Osman declared that there would be no state religion, which caused some generals to launch a coup against him. While Grand Vizier Mustafa Kemal managed to put down the coup, the Chinese government realized that another coup, possibly by Soviet agents, was imminent. Chancellor Xu dispatched Foreign Minister Li Yuanhong to Turkestan to negotiate a solution.
20160922134744_1.jpg

Over the next week, Li met with senior Chinese officials, such as Sun Yatsen, to discuss how to deal with the Turks. No actual Turks were invited to the meetings. On the 1st of May, Li came up with the Treaty of Kabul, in which the country would be partitioned into Slavic, Zunist, and Hindu states, as all of the Chinese viewed the fragmentation of Turkestan along religious lines as inevitable. The borders of these states were initially drawn up according to tribal and religious divisions, but after suspected Soviet agents attempted to kill him he panicked and began drawing arbitrary lines on a map. A copy of the treaty was sent to Osman, who reluctantly signed it and told his court to pack up and move to Samarkand at once, as Ghazna was inside the borders of the Zunist state.
20160922134829_1.jpg

Two new states were carved out of Ghaznavid territory as a result of the Treaty of Kabul: Zunbilstan, based in Afghanistan and headed by a Zunist Ghaznavid prince, and Paksthana, a Hindu state based in Ghaznavid Punjab ruled over by a collaborating Paramara prince. A proposal for a Zoroastrian state carved out of territory seized from Persia in the war was summarily rejected, as that would leave Turkestan landlocked. The result was the formation of a "Persian Corridor," a thin line of Turkish territory stretching south towards the sea. Both countries, which soon signed the Geneva Convention, were recognized and protected by the Chinese Empire. Many Zunists, Hindus, and Slavs found themselves on the wrong side of a newly drawn border and fled on foot. Slavs in Paksthana and Zunbilstan fled to the reduced Ghaznavid Khaganate. Zunists fled to Zunbilstan, and Hindus fled to Paksthana. Thousands of them died in the population exchange, and more died when a second coup resulted in Osman being forced to turn over most of his powers to the hawkish Turkish Parliament, which then declared war on Zunbilstan to conquer Western Afghanistan in violation of the treaty. China intervened on behalf of Zunbilstan, and Chancellor Xu gave the order to mobilize.
20160922140257_1.jpg
20160922140302_1.jpg
20160922140324_1.jpg

Back in the Reich, the average citizen's most urgent concern was not staying alive but rather trying to keep up with recent developments on excavations in Aegyptus. After the dinosaur craze died down because of the war, public consciousness focused on the tombs of the pharaohs. Dozens of tombs ranging from the beginnings of Egypt to the reign of Cleopatra had already been found, their wondrous treasures and mummies shipped off to universities and museums across the Reich.
20160922140358_1.jpg

In China, Chancellor Xu continued his social reforms. Numerous minority groups had petitioned him to recognize and reward their contributions to the war effort. It was well known that Japanese, Burmese, Siberians, Aleutians, Eskimos, Hmong, Khmer, and other minorities had demonstrated their loyalty during the war by enlisting in large numbers and dying in large numbers on the Indochinese, Siberian, and Kanatan fronts. Xu saw no reason not to grant them their demands, and he introduced legislation to grant them full citizenship and equal voting rights. They would be considered as Chinese as the ethnic Han that made up a vast majority of the empire.
20160922140524_1.jpg

In July, the first shipment of Roman economic aid reached Indian Africa, helping to stabilize Purandaradasa's government. A few weeks later, public outcry about Ludendorff's "Germanic speech" reached its peak when citizens protested in front of the Reichstag, demanding that Ludendorff issue an apology for the speech. They felt that Ludendorff had weakened the bond between the peoples of the Reich by emphasizing the Germans' Germanic roots over their Roman heritage. This would be dangerous as it could embolden Soviet attempts at espionage and undermine the links between the Germans and the other groups. The Hohenzollerns could not afford to lose their legitimacy.

Ludendorff reluctantly issued an apology, stating that he was now putting the "greater good" above the stability of Danmark. Thorbjorn agreed with his decision, stating that he could handle the unrest in his domains on his own while the Regency dealt with its own problems. There was also the question of Kanatan Noregr, whose civilians were as angry and humiliated as Thorbjorn's. The former Fylkir told Ludendorff that he would focus on Scandinavian issues and work towards unifying the people in spirit, if not politically.
20160922170240_1.jpg
20160922170306_1.jpg
20160922170324_1.jpg

The Ghaznavid invasion of Afghanistan stalled as thousands of Chinese troops, supported by modern tanks and airplanes, flooded over Turkestan's northern border. The Turks, used to guerrilla warfare, were no match for the Imperial Chinese Army. Those Turks who managed to reach the Afghan border were bogged down, ironically, by guerrilla warfare waged by Afghan insurgents. The forbidding terrain of Afghanistan killed off hundreds of Turks, most of whom hadn't even encountered a single Afghan. There was a reason that Afghanistan was called the "Graveyard of Empires." It had defeated everybody who attempted to control it, including the Turks themselves. And the Afghans didn't really pay much attention to the war; what they were most concerned about was getting electricity for their homes and tractors for their farms.

Meanwhile in the Soviet Commune, Chairman Lenin ordered a purge of all "anti-equalists" and political dissidents. Hundreds of intellectuals, capitalists, and aristocrats were rounded up and either sent off to gulags or shot in the head immediately. As usual, the Reich and every other civilized country condemned this act of barbarism, but Lenin didn't care.
20160922170443_1.jpg

Even though Mayapan largely survived the war intact, there were still some who lost faith in their government. Liberals demanded a return to the 1848 constitution, and republicans demanded the restoration of the ancient Mayapan League. Rising liberal unrest prompted the Mayan government to reach out to Fox and Tawantinsuyu and ask for help in restoring order. Dohumme and Pachacutec agreed and sent some supplies and equipment to relieve the government.

Meanwhile, the Finnish athletes for the 1920 Olympics finally received their medals.
20160922170755_1.jpg

While the dinosaur craze of the late 19th century had largely been supplanted by the Aegyptian archaeology craze, there were still some notable finds in paleontology that made the news. In late August, a Roman scientist working in Mongolia discovered a new species of dinosaur, a small pack hunter dubbed "Velociraptor."
20160922170933_1.jpg

As the summer winded down, the King of Paksthana proudly announced that electricity had been installed in the majority of towns and cities in his country, while Temur opened negotiations with Tsarist Russia, Danmark, and Noregr on the possibility of free trade deals and alliances against the Soviets. The Roman government presided over sweeping reforms of the Athanatoi and the Inquisition. The former, which had disappointed bitterly during the war, was restructured to focus on matters of national security, both within the Reich and abroad. The Inquisition, which had been mothballed ever since the 1880s, was brought out of retirement for a second time. In addition to dealing with traditional religious-based cases and "unexplained" cases, the Inquisition would also serve as a domestic extension of the Athanatoi, supplementing its operations within the Reich so that the rest of the Athanatoi would be able to operate overseas with greater efficiency. While the Athanatoi was nominally under the joint administration of the Bureau of Investigations and the Bureau of Intelligence, it and the Inquisition ultimately both answered to the Bureau of Defense. The Regency appointed a veteran pilot named Hermann Goering, a descendant of the anti-Maximst and anti-Siegfriedist rebel Maximilian Goering, as the Minister of Defense.

In the Eimericas, Sapa Inca Pachacutec III was faced with rising unrest perpetuated by veterans of the war, who felt that the government had stabbed them in the back by signing the Treaty of Neu Brandenburg when they were clearly winning. Meanwhile, K'uhul Ajaw Can Ek III decreed that the Mayan pantheon was the official state religion of Mayapan, and all citizens were now required to at least acknowledge the Mayan gods as existing.
20160922171031_1.jpg
20160922171133_1.jpg
20160922171142_1.jpg
20160922171157_1.jpg

The economy boomed, especially in the Reich. As thousands of men returned home to their families and their jobs, they drove up industrial efficiency significantly, creating prosperity--and decadence--on a scale never seen before. This period eventually became known as the "Roaring Twenties," a period in which citizens got everything they needed and wanted. The government made so much money that it began giving it out to the public and cut taxes to levels not seen since the 1860s.

However, not everybody shared the prosperity equally. The Alliance had to deal with equalist and fascist insurgencies everywhere as local rebels challenged the Huey-tlatoani's authority. Purandaradasa had to worry about stabilizing his new government, deciding to focus on first consolidating his hold on Africa before going after Bose. And equalist unrest within the Reich itself, most likely organized by Soviet saboteurs since the government had already implemented generous social policies for the public, led to Ecumenical Patriarch Joseph I publishing a fifty-page diatribe denouncing equalism and Soviet barbarism. He also gave a speech in front of Hagia Sophia to thousands of devout Christians, urging them to stay strong in the fight against equalism, to support the Hohenzollerns and the monarchy, and to participate in capitalist society so that the Reich can effectively stand up to godless equalism.
20160922171352_1.jpg
20160922171549_1.jpg
20160922171646_1.jpg

In early November, a former ail mail pilot and Luftstreitkrafte veteran named Karl Mansson Lindberg became the first person to fly solo and nonstop across the Atlantic Ocean from Neu Brandenburg to Lisbon. His plane, The Spirit of Saint Wilhelmina, touched down outside of Lisboa on the evening of 1 Nocember and was immediately swarmed by thousands of spectators. Lindberg immediately became a celebrity, being interviewed by every major news outlet and meeting with the legendary fighter ace Manfred von Richthofen himself. The Regency upheld him as an example of the ideal Roman citizen. Lindberg's flight set off a new trend throughout the Reich, as citizens attempted to follow in his footsteps by learning how to fly. Soon flying became even more popular than Aegyptian archaeology, and the easiest way to become a celebrity was to fly over an ocean or two.
20160922172637_1.jpg

With the Ghaznavid capital of Samarkand under siege from the Imperial Chinese Army, Osman attempted to sue for peace, but the Parliament overrode his attempts and continued the war, mostly because politicians wanted to ensure their chances of reelection (Turkestan was in the middle of elections) by presenting themselves as brave patriots who wanted to fight to the death. It was only when the Chinese breached the walls of the city in early November, stormed Parliament, and killed almost all of the politicians present that the surviving politicians agreed to surrender. In the Second Treaty of Samarkand, the Ghaznavid Khaganate recognized the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Zunbilstan and Paksthana and agreed not to invade them again. To ensure compliance with these terms, the Turks were also obligated to cede all territory that Chancellor Xu considered integral parts of China, as well as some additional land that fell within the revised Chinese borders that Foreign Minister Li randomly scribbled on a map. The treaty was designed so that the Ghaznavids would know their place in the world and that China was fully in charge of the destiny of Central Asia.
20160922172711_1.jpg
20160922172757_1.jpg

---
I apologize for using the console to change a few provinces, but it was to make sure no states were split between China and the Ghaznavids.

Edit: I realized I just skipped over all of 1920! Expect my next post to talk about what happened in that year. It will come either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Last edited:
Glad to see this is back. I really enjoy watching Stalin denounce the Soviets. It's hilarious. Also, don't think I didn't notice the response to that event about the Inquisition and the Athanatoi.

I like how the whole world just got out of a terrible world war and China doesn't hesitate to swarm the Turks in another war when they misbehave. I guess having all their Asian provinces occupied during the world war didn't make them anti-war enough. :p

The revival of the Inquisition? I bet nobody expected that. :D

The collapse of the Pan-Eimerican Confederation is good news for you. Whenever WW2 happens, it's extremely likely the various factions will be completely different from last time (except the Triple Alliance).

The new nations split from the Turks are interesting, but I imagine they'll end up annexed or puppets very quickly.

The collapse of the Pan-Eimerican Confederation is good news for you. Whenever WW2 happens, it's extremely likely the various factions will be completely different from last time (except the Triple Alliance).

The new nations split from the Turks are interesting, but I imagine they'll end up annexed or puppets very quickly.
Less united enemies can't be a bad thing?

Pretend that the following mini-update precedes the above update. To clarify, this is what happened in the year 1920. Sorry for the confusion.

In January, Chancellor Paulius Galdikas ordered the creation of a National Bank of Lithuania, whose primary purpose was to organize the Kingdom's finances so that it could pay war reparations more efficiently and prevent the collapse of the economy. The war hero Martin von Schlieffen, who helped design the Schlieffen-Moltke Plan that destroyed Scandinavia and Lithuania, passed away and was given a state funeral. He would become the first of the Weltkrieg generals to pass away.

In China, Field Marshal Yuan Shikai finally decided on a name for his political party, the Modernity Party, which was to be ideologically liberal. This was a surprise to the political establishment, which had long regarded Yuan to be the standard bearer of the reactionary factions within the Diet. Such a large ideological shift cost Yuan many of his supporters, who defected to the Fuxingyundong.
20160904135434_1.jpg
20160904135614_1.jpg
20160904135840_1.jpg

The Kanatan Civil War continued to rage, and despite the thousands of rebels Ludendorff and Hindenburg cut down, more and more simply rose up. The two generals realized that continuing to fight was futile, and instead they decided to open up negotiations with the rebels. Leaders from all of the major rebel factions (the Huron Liberation Army, the Vinlandic Republican Army, the Kanatan Browncoats) met with Hindenburg, Ludendorff, and representatives from the Kanatan government in Toronto to discuss the terms of a ceasefire. The rebels demanded that the government make several concessions, namely better worker safety and higher wages. While the government saw no problem in granting these demands, they refused to grant the equalists' demands for more autonomy and more influence over civilian life, and thus the negotiations stalled.
20160904140126_1.jpg

In April, the first national radio network, called the Imperial Broadcasting Corporation, was set up. The IBC quickly spread throughout the Reich, picking up millions of listeners. More radio networks soon followed, bringing news, music, and sports to the masses on a scale never seen before.
20160904140342_1.jpg
20160904140404_1.jpg

Meanwhile in India, a new political party formed. This party, called the Rashtriya Swayamsavek Sangh or Rasa Party, was ideologically fascist and dedicated to the cause of Hindu nationalism. Its platform focused on fervent opposition to capitalism, liberalism, meritocracy, democracy, equalism, monarchy, and Islam and focused on the promotion of militarism, Hinduism, the Aryan race, and the Indian nation above everything else. The new party proved to be immensely popular among the people of India, challenging even the dominance of Bose's National Front party (which was set up to give his military rule some degree of legitimacy), due to its promises to tear up the Treaty of Samarkand and to "make India great again" by destroying the Turks and the Muslims. Most of their popularity can be attributed to the efforts of their relatively unknown chief of propaganda, a man called Chandra Gupta. Gupta was a war veteran from Gujarat who fought on the Indochinese front, and like most Indians he believed that Bose and the monarchy, both of which had been corrupted by Muslim influences, had betrayed the nation by signing the Treaty of Samarkand. He had a way with words that caused thousands of Indians to turn out in large numbers to hear his speeches and sign up for membership in the Party. Within months, even Bose himself got nervous and ordered the military to begin cracking down on the Party.

In the Reich, nobody cared much about the Rasa Party, as they were all too busy buying jukeboxes.
20160904140446_1.jpg
20160904141243_1.jpg

In the middle of June, Golpari I of Persia passed away. The ruler of the Persian state for the last fifty or so years had was dead, but not many people mourned his death or showed up for the funeral. The war had taken away most of his popularity and legitimacy. His authority was held up only by the Majli and the military, both of which increasingly questioned his dynasty's continued reign. At least Golpari's son and successor, Cyrus, was on friendly relations with both the Zoroastrian priesthood and the Majli and could be easily influenced by both of them.
800px-%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%85%D8%AF_%D8%B9%D9%84%DB%8C_%D8%B4%D8%A7%D9%87_%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1.jpg
20160904141335_1.jpg

As India's economy continued to implode on itself, Bose ordered a national bank set up in late June, hoping to at least stop the hyperinflation so that he could actually pay the country's war reparations to China on time. In the Reich, socialist trade unions led a May Day parade in Berlin, demanding better rights and respect for the working class. The Regency gave its support for such a parade, as Angelos wanted to build up trust with the Reich's citizens after what he did. Angelos promised to enact some social reforms to satisfy the socialists. Similar protests for reform in the Soviet Commune, however, were brutally crushed by Lenin's secret police. In the Ghaznavid Khaganate, Padishah Osman I approved of a law to grant women the right to vote, and Chancellor Yung Wing, desperate to do something good to finish his term in office, ordered the discrimination against cultural minorities in schools, especially Japanese, to be mitigated slightly in preparation for further reforms by his successor. And at the end of July, the 1920 Olympics opened in Stockholm after Tsaritsa Sbyslava II gave a speech extolling the strength and unity of the Russian people against equalism.
20160904141435_1.jpg
20160904141510_1.jpg
20160904141533_1.jpg
20160904141557_1.jpg
20160904141754_1.jpg

The news continued talking about the Kanatan Civil War and the rebel armies' mounting losses. Almost forty thousand rebels were killed in Old Vinland in a single battle, forcing the rebels to return to the bargaining table. This time, because they had lost much of their leverage on the battlefield, they agreed to drop their demands for more autonomy and influence over the government. Negotiations proceeded again, and Ludendorff and Hindenburg estimated that the ceasefire would be finalized by the end of the year.

Despite not being invited to the Olympics, Lenin announced that his nation's athletes were victorious in the equalist-only Spartakiad and awarded them all gold medals.
20160904142017_1.jpg
20160904142047_1.jpg

The Reich and Kanata gained another advantage over the rebels in September when scientists working for the Bureau of War announced they had developed a more efficient kind of military airplane. Airplanes had been in use during the war, mostly as recon units, but there were a few planes that were used for offensive operations. The war hero Baron Manfred von Richthofen (now Count), who had shot down many Chinese fighter planes in Indochina, came to mind. Advances in airplane design now allowed them to be more efficient and effective in attacking conventional ground forces, and the General Staff ordered several airplane divisions to be deployed to Kanata. Soon the rebels were in full retreat, forcing them to agree to many of the government's terms and abandon their own demands. The ceasefire agreement was finalized in November of 1920, and the Toronto Accords, as they were called, were to go into effect on New Year's 1921. Ludendorff and Hindenburg remained in Kanata to make sure that both sides honored the Toronto Accords, tasking Admiral Florian von Tirpitz and Second Vice Chancellor Franz von Papen with being their substitutes at the medal awarding ceremony for the Reich's Olympic athletes.
20160904142215_1.jpg
20160904143521_1.jpg

While the equalist and fascist rebel groups agreed to honor the ceasefire, the Huron nationalists refused and attacked the Expeditionary Force's legions at Toronto, hoping to kill Ludendorff and Hindenburg and prevent the Accords from going into effect. The legions retaliated with full force, and their new airplane divisions made short work of the rebels, killing over a hundred and forty thousand of them outside the city and another hundred and thirty thousand of them in nearby Three Rivers. The survivors quickly surrendered and were taken into Kanatan custody, ending the Kanatan Civil War for good. By January 3, order had been restored to all of Kanata, and the world entered a period of peace that it had not seen since 1914. However, this peace seemed to be quite fragile in many places, as order in several countries quickly began breaking down again...
20160904144111_1.jpg
20160904144135_1.jpg
20160904144150_1.jpg

Reactions:
Thank you for filling in the time gap.

Glad to see this is back. I really enjoy watching Stalin denounce the Soviets. It's hilarious. Also, don't think I didn't notice the response to that event about the Inquisition and the Athanatoi.
Ironically, due to a bug that event fired at least fifty times over the next ten years before I finally found it and corrected it. I guess Stalin really hates the Soviets now...:p
Something tells me it's time for Angelos to go.
He starts doing his job well and he suddenly gets fired? That seems like a good way to start a civil war...
I like how the whole world just got out of a terrible world war and China doesn't hesitate to swarm the Turks in another war when they misbehave. I guess having all their Asian provinces occupied during the world war didn't make them anti-war enough. :p

The revival of the Inquisition? I bet nobody expected that. :D
If anything it makes them even more pro-war, as they want to do whatever it takes to make sure that doesn't happen a second time.

The factions will be quite different, though China will remain the leader of the Allies and the Soviets will set up the Internationale in a future update.

I do not plan to let any of them be annexed. I had to use console to prevent the Ghaznavids from destroying Zunbilstan and later to prevent India from annexing Paksthana and Nepal. Then I removed all of the Ghaznavid cores on Zunbilstan and Paksthana and put the two countries into China's sphere of influence to make sure neither the Ghaznavids nor India get any ideas. I need all three of them to survive into HOI3 for plot purposes, though my plot would allow for some of them to end up as puppets.
Less united enemies can't be a bad thing?
They can't be a bad thing because they can't harm the Reich while less united. Though it might be a bad thing in the long run to let their internal issues sort themselves out...

Reactions:
I was talking about religious syncretism earlier in Tsarist Russia; however, with the new religious developments in the Ghaznavid Khaganate, I feel like syncretism would be very likely there between Slavic paganism, the Church of Zun, Hinduism, and (maybe) Zoroastrianism. I still think that Tsarist Russia could also allow for a syncretic religion between Slavic and Norse paganism.

He starts doing his job well and he suddenly gets fired? That seems like a good way to start a civil war...
Why not start a civil war to punish Angelos for his treason during the Weltkrieg?