• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saxon125

Colonel
44 Badges
Jun 22, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
GgrY25s.png

Good day to you forumites, welcome to another AAR by me (which hopefully will not crash and burn like the majority of the others that I have written fingers crossed.) Anyway, the title may confuse you readers, nice kind Boltons how impossible! But it shall be so, the Bolton's in this AAR, shall be honorable and loyal to the rulers of the North. (While still grabbing land and influence.)

This AAR is starting at the Robert's Rebellion bookmark.

Finally, don't expect this to be a third person AAR as multiple characters like in the book. That style of writing is not my forte. Furthermore, don't expect this AAR to be a serious piece of writing I the puppet-master if you will.shall be the one speaking about the events that occur, with humor and cynicism. If you don't like it then by all means don't read it.

That is all.

One one more thing:

CK2 Version: 2.4.5:

Mod Version: 1.0:​

Last edited:
Last edited:
But it shall be so, the Bolton's in this AAR, shall be honourable and loyal to the rulers of the North

Easy to do when you've usurped and murdered every Stark out of existence! I'll be watching this one with squinted eyes, waiting for the inevitable day when the Boltons decide they aren't so friendly after all...

Easy to do when you've usurped and murdered every Stark out of existence! I'll be watching this one with squinted eyes, waiting for the inevitable day when the Boltons decide they aren't so friendly after all...

Great for you to say that, but I can't find the save! its just gone, and I can't seem to find it or recover it. So thanks to PC issues this AAR is consigned to the scrap heap. :(

Great for you to say that, but I can't find the save! its just gone, and I can't seem to find it or recover it. So thanks to PC issues this AAR is consigned to the scrap heap. :(

Well that's a shame. Seems you and I have the great misfortune of our computers hating us. On to the next one, I suppose!

I know, it sounded interesting. Why not restart and try again?

You know I forgot I could do that, since there seems to be some support for this AAR. I will do that, (casts AAR off scrap heap) prepare for a reboot everyone!

Reactions:
GgrY25s.png

The Good Boltons?
Chapter I: - The war which screws up the canon. (8282 -8284 AL)

tG0Cnom.png

Look at this man and tell me he is a beacon of loyalty...
Well here is Roose Bolton, the first of the Good Boltons, let’s start the ball rolling. Roose has 2 sons, Ramsey and Domeric (who in book canon was murdered as a young adult.) Roose also still has his wife, Bethany Ryswell so Roose will hopefully have lots of annoyances, I mean lovely children.

UMMWOVz.png
c5OPeTJ.png
sVhTzRL.png

Domeric comes of age, and is promptly given a good marital education, he will get educated by Eddard once he hits 6 years of age. I also promptly make Roose the ward of Ramsey, so he can turn into a nice loyal young man. (Fingers crossed.) 8283 arrives, and Roose has rolled his oats in the bedchamber, causing his wife to become pregnant. Ramsey meanwhile is turned into a charitable child? Dear lord what have I done!

eREIrw3.png

Hey stop that killing his wife is my job!

Reek is discovered to be plotting to murder my source of alliances I mean loving wife. My attempts to capture him fail, causing him to flee to white harbour. Well given his traits, it’s likely someone will stick a knife in him within a few years.

xN5uFec.png
tLcgG5m.png

Thanks to the AI, screwing up, Robert’s Rebellion is actually failing; hopefully once the Northern forces arrive the war will be turned around. Now since Domeric has reached six let’s turn him into a Honourable loyal Bolton, (this just feels wrong)

UPACMZG.png

Don't loose your head.

Speaking of children Roose has another child, let’s call him Eddard.

KTBHnbn.png

Soldier 1: - should'nt we march south and help our allies?
Soldier 2: nope let's just freeze up here instead of actually winning the rebellion.

You know what I said earlier about AI? Well it seems the Northern forces are intent on waiting instead of getting in on the action and you know supporting their allies!

u6QL2cy.png

GWFtWDw.png

In other news, bat-shit crazy Cersei, is married to one of Tywin’s brothers, who is Lord of Castermere while Tyrion is being tutored by his lovely father. (Please survive and thrive Tyrion.)

DDSNka9.png

Brave Brave Sir Robert has done screwed up...

The year 8284 arrives and the rebellion is reeling, near the end of the month of January, the war score further plummets to - 97% from -46% when Stannis is taken prisoner. The Northern forces meanwhile are still either stationary at Moat Catlin or shuffling around the Wolfswood. (Damm AI)

It doesn’t take long for Robert to be captured and the war to end with Areys winning for once. Truly the canon has been turned on its head. Given Eddard’s character I suspect he will bid his time, and not launch a ridiculous war against 6 lord Paramouncies and the Throne itself I mean even the AI is not that stupi…..

asUnima.png

Cue large arry of swear words.

Clearly I spoke too soon, join us next time as Eddard marches the forces of the north to their doom…

AN:
Feel free to comment and suggest changes to the format of this AAR, less images more humor that sort of thing. I am open to suggestions.​

Reactions:
GgrY25s.png

The Good Boltons?
Chapter II - The War of Northern Stupidity (8284 - 8287 AL)

qA6syLX.png
tFEiRqj.png

I want to break free!

Last time on the Good Boltons, Roose’s beloved overlord Eddard Stark has declared independence from the Iron Throne and crowned himself King of the North! The Riverlands and the Twins, have also both declared separate independence wars from the Iron Throne. Clearly the AI has been smashed with a brick this game.

O3oSCSs.png
aGcHFaQ.png
3qMmeMI.png

Whilst waiting for the Northern forces to gather, I have a quick peek at some canon characters down south. Young Renly is getting a good marital education under Stannis, Lyanna is in Rhaegar’s court while Jaime is still a knight of the Kingsguard.

zHMhKiQ.png

Meanwhile blind Jon Arryn, has joined the Riverlands against the crown. THE EAGLES ARE COMING!

zioZY6M.png

Nothing can go wrong with this plan...

Forces from the Reach, arrive in White Harbour while part of the Levies of the North are at Moat Catlin. Trust me Eddard, pulling a 300 strategy is a bad idea, the vast majority of the time outnumbering the enemy is how battles are won in the mod. IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT YOU ARE STATIONED AT THE BEST FORTRESS/CHOKEPOINT IN THE NORTH!!!

qiaEVb5.png

Yayyyy, I mean bow your heads in memory of the king.
Aerys has run down the curtain, joined the choir invisible and pushed up the daises, having died under suspicious circumstances. So Rhaegar’s now rules the Seven Kingdoms, hopefully much better then his fruitbat father.

DU5Y4Br.png

May he not die as a infant.

At this point it is June 8285 and Roose get’s his wife pregnant once again, good on you Roose give me more alliances. The year passes with more Northern failure, but by late January 8286 Bethany has a son who is given the name Brandon.

JfGravo.png

Later that year Lyanna sires a bastard son from Rhaegar’s loins, christened Barthogan.

0g82FOo.png

THIS IS THE NORTH!

Eddard’s first attempt to hold Moat Catlin fails with little surprise with nearly half of the army being slain.

(Lost Image)

The year carries on with further losses for the North the year 8287 arrives and Roose gets his wife pregnant again. (Gives Roose a pat on the back.)

B3HlKPr.png

Once more with failure!

If at first you don’t succeed don’t try again Eddard, yet he does try once again try holding Moat Catlin again and cement the loss of the war.

LpEcQIA.png

Jon Bolton is born shortly after this failure, getting the genetic trait huge.

MhS8rxL.png
RERUjyN.png

The end of the year looms, with me having noticed that Stannis now rules the Stormlands, (since Rhaegar executed Robert.) The war being lost for the North, and the hopes for the AI ruling a free north dashed. Now we get to deal with the Riverlands and the Iron Isles who are close to being free. It never ends does it?

What to see more bad humor, an author trying to be funny and a canon that is turned on its head? Tune into the next chapter of the Good Boltons for more.

Whatever about the North, Roose is doing well!

I'm enjoying the gallows humour. Nice job.

Thanks very much, I intend to make sure Roose survives for as long as he can.

Got images for at least two more chapters on PC now, should be able to the next chapter over weekend.

Reactions:
GgrY25s.png

The Good Boltons?
Chapter III: - Good Old Fashioned Land Stealing (8288 - 8291 AL)

JNhiSUt.png

He's alive!

Fortunately after the war, Eddard was not stuck on the execution block, so he returns to ruling the North.

One year of boredom later…

FMSsdfc.png
M04sQLi.png

A new power is rising!

AHA a claim is now mine. Now although the Boltons are ‘good’ in this timeline, there is nothing wrong with me stealing land from my neighbours, especially the county of Hornwood, which is being ruled directly by Eddard. With superior numbers I aim to crush the opposition and strengthen the lands of the Boltons. War is promptly declared and Roose’s only ally, tells him to get stuffed.

gXjsn5o.png

More land (Diabolical Laughter)

Much chasing around forces, beating them and then allowing them to retreat follows this, and it is more boring then staring at a wall. Either way Eddard does not intervene and we have a new county under out belt.

Tune in next time for hopefully a longer chapter, and interesting things that will hopefully happen.

Reactions:
subbed!

I hope this AAR is still ongoing, as it is very interesting so far.

Reactions: