• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SuperGeek89

Captain
82 Badges
Sep 24, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • King Arthur II
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Hello all I'm SuperGeek89 and this is my first attempt at an AAR, so fair warning I have no idea what I'm doing, and I make no promises of actually finishing. This whole idea started a couple days ago when I posted a screenshot bemoaning my very unfortunate starting position sandwiched between a Evangelizing Zealot and Fanatical Purifier empire. This screenshot in fact.

tQV2hqf.jpg

Originally is was just me complaining about my poor luck but then a couple posters encouraged me to continue and to write up an AAR which I sorta did. Eventually though I lost interest in that game, for a number of reasons, and have since ended it. However it did inspire me to make an attempt at writing a proper AAR. So without further ado lets get started.

Here is my Empire

cIJxVQS.jpg

It is a custom Human, Fanatic individualist, Xenophile, Republic based on Earth with Warp Drives and Mass Drivers.

Here are the game setting I'm using

hZ4nEBj.jpg

And here is where Sol is located in the Galaxy

UWETcZ0.jpg

Now that the galaxy set up has been established my next post will begin to delve into the action.

The Global Times

efjCm7e.jpg

Vote to Federate Passes!

Dec. 23, 2199: New York City, Federal States of North America-Today the representatives of Earth’s governments gathered within the halls of the United Nations to formally put to a vote a resolution reforming the United Nations into the Terran Federation. After brief opening statements the General Assembly voted overwhelmingly to federate with only a few nations, most notably Switzerland, choosing opt out of joining . After the initial vote was concluded a second resolution determining the form of government was put before the General Assembly, with the proposal for a federal representative republic winning the final tally. It was decided that the new government would consist of three primary branches, the Presidency, to be elected every 10 years, the Parliament to be elected every 5 years, and the Supreme Court, holding lifetime appointments nominated by the President and confirmed by Parliament. The first elections for the President and Parliament of the Terran Federation are scheduled for early next month, but until then the General Assembly will stand in for Parliament and Secretary-General Paola Lombardi has been chosen as acting President.

As many of our readers may remember this is not the first attempt to federate as two years ago similar measure died on the Assembly floor. Shortly after the United Nations Space Administration (UNSA) announced that they had created the first functional warp drive, Robert Ward, then Director of the UNSA and key supporter of the Federalization Movement, introduced a resolution to federate to the General Assembly which failed to garner enough support. Following his resolution’s defeat Ward resigned as Director of the UNSA and devoted himself fully to the Federalization Movement. Many people believe it is due solely to sheer charisma and political acumen of Robert Ward, that in two years’ time, he’s managed change public opinion and pass one of the most important pieces of legislation in human history. Economists however suggest that economic reasons, not Ward’s passionate involvement, were the true motivating factors for federalization. After the announcement of the creation of the first warp drive most of Earth’s nations immediately launched investigations into the feasibility of creating their own extrasolar colonies. After these investigations came back suggesting that it would prohibitively expensive for any single nation to build and maintain an extrasolar colony many governments suddenly came out in support of the Federalization Movement. A few vocal detractors of the Federalization Movement have even gone so far as accusing, without proof, the Federalization Movement of outright corruption and bribery of entire governments. Fortunately these accusations come only from a very small minority known for their extreme nationalist views.

Whatever the truth is Robert Ward currently experiencing of a wave of public approval that has him leading significantly in the polls and is the odds on favorite to win next month’s election. In addition to his role in the federalization process Ward gained support for his bold declaration that his administration will, before the end of his first term, have established Humanity’s first extrasolar colony. This declaration comes despite scientist’s warning that the actual technology required for creating an extrasolar colony is still years away. Ward’s continual optimism appears to be infectious though as everywhere there seems to be a sense that the 23rd century will be one of limitless potential and hope.

Last edited:
The Global Times

hzImTux.jpg

Alien Life Confirmed

April 30, 2200: Munich, Earth- What had long been assumed as truth has today been confirmed as fact: we are not alone!

Scientists will gather later today in the Bavarian city of Munich to discuss the ramifications of data released yesterday by the Federal Navy. On April 29th a long range naval sensor picked up a group of objects moving at warp speeds to the star system of Electra. Initially believing the objects to be warships of an unknown actor, the officer on duty ordered long range active scans to be initiated. After the scans were completed results came back suggesting that the unknown ships were primarily made up of organic material further confusing the officer on duty. After sending his results to Naval Command in Hong Kong, it was decided to release the data to the scientific community in hopes of gaining a clearer picture as to what was going on.

While we still do not know if these are some sort of space borne animal or an organic warship of some kind what we do know is that all our assumptions about space being too hostile an environment for organics to survive unaided are false. What else in our hubris have we assumed as fact will we discover is not true?

Always good to write AARs. Hope you have a good time doing so.

Let us see where this leads.

Very nice start - I wish you all the best in continuing! And of course, to those Terran scientists who were so spooked by the space-borne organics I think we can all say "You ain't seen nothin' yet!" :)

The Global Times

iTiqMGV.jpg

Mixed Emotions as People React to Alien Presence

July 8, 2200: New York City, Earth- A strange aura, equal parts fear and optimism, seems to permeate the capital today as the public reacts to the news that aliens have entered the Solar System. Everywhere you go opinions ranging from “we should try and communicate with them” to “why the navy hasn’t blown the out of the sky already” to even “hey I’m walkin’ here” have been overheard.

While still do not know the intentions of our new “guests” here is what we do know. At 5:10 am local time naval sensors picked up warp signatures entering the Solar System. By 5:15 the Navy had been put on full alert but was instructed to not engage unless it became necessary. By 5:20 confirmation that these were same space bound organics discovered back in March was received. Since then the aliens have made no attempts to move further into the System. President Ward addressed the nation earlier today urging all citizens to keep their distance from the alien ships and to remain calm.

The Global Times

tiDMGYl.jpg

A Whole New World

September 12, 2200: Hong Kong, Earth- The entire Federation is abuzz with excitement after the discovery of an exoplanet capable of supporting human life in the Alpha Centauri System. The planet, currently called Alpha Centauri III, was first discovered by astronomers on Earth during the late 21st century. However without any way to reach Alpha Centauri its ability to support life remained theoretical. With the invention of the warp drive the Federal Navy dispatched the TSV Litvyak under the command of Science Officer Barbra Bailey to the Alpha Centauri system to ascertain the habitability of Alpha Centauri III. When Science Officer Bailey arrived in Alpha Centauri III’s orbit she was greeted with a world eerily similar to Earth. Reports state the planet is covered in large tracts of grassland and forests and its surface is dotted with many oceans and lakes. Further surveying of the planet revealed large reserves of Bethairan Stones, theorized to be a highly efficient energy source, along with an unusually strong magnetic field. Alpha Centauri III is not without its challenges however as strong hurricane force storms regularly sweep across the surface. Still the discovery of an Earthlike planet so close to home has captured the imagination of the general public. Potential colonists have already began signing up to be part of the first extrasolar expedition, despite the fact that we do not currently have the means to actually undertake such an expedition yet.

Thanks! so far I'm having fun but trying to come up with a story that makes sense can be stressful, but in a good way.
Yes sometimes it can be quite challenging, but to be honest it is one of the things I find quite fun about AAR writing. And if it gets too difficult I am always comforted to think that there are thousands of historical professionals in the world who still do not really know what happened in events just 10 or 20 years ago. Real history, after all, has never been under an obligation to make sense. Why should in-game history make sense then, if our history does not? :D

The Global Times

F7PGgwg.jpg

Non-Organic Life Discovered

March 13, 2204: Hong Kong, Earth- Naval Command today released confirmation that the first non-organic lifeform has been discovered earlier this week. The lifeform was first observed by Science Officer Barbara Bailey in command of the TSV Litvyak while on a mission to survey the Tarazed System. The initial reaction of Science Officer Bailey was to assume that they were some form of advanced alien spacecraft, however further scans suggested that they were in fact some form of space borne creature made up of non-organic materials, resembling large crystal formations. While these space creatures appear to be highly territorial they have not yet been observed to have FTL capabilities nor seem to have any inclination to leave the system in which they reside. Regardless of their intentions this discovery once again upends conventional scientific wisdom on what is required for life to evolve.

Last edited:
Here there be daemons.

The Global Times

6TNnlGx.jpg

Remnants of Advanced Cilivization Discovered

October 23, 2205: Cairo, Earth- Today the Museum of Xenoarchaeology opens its doors in the city of Cairo after the Federation donated several alien artifacts to the scientific community. The artifacts themselves were discovered by Science Officer Ananya Shastri while surveying a gas giant in the Teersonia System. After being examined by xenoarchaeologists it was determined that they belonged to an ancient spacefaring civilization known only as the First League. From what xenoarchaeologists can determine the First League appears to have been a multi species confederation that once dominated this portion of the galaxy. Several computer logs recovered also seem to indicate the First League maintained a united naval force that every member was expected to contribute to, known as the Grand Navy. While we still do not know what caused the First League to collapse, xenoarchaeologists are confident that in the coming months and years more artifacts of the First League will surface and will help us understand more about the First League.

So, a new long-term project for the Terran Federation. Where will it lead them?

The Global Times

T494ENW.jpg

Pre-Spaceflight Civilization Discovered

March 16, 2206: New York City, Earth- The Terran Federation recently stumbled upon a planet inhabited by a race of sapient horselike aliens called the Quvarian. As far as our xenoanthropologists can determine, the Quvarian live in a highly militarized and religiously motivated society currently experiencing a level of technology roughly equivalent to our Atomic Age. The discovery of technologically less advanced aliens has sparked a new debate within Earth’s fledgling xenoanthropologist community, with some advocating for non-intervention of native cultures while others insist on sharing technology. Parliament is set to gather early next month to debate the matter publicly, so whichever side can better present their case will likely become the Federation’s official policy for the foreseeable future.

The Global Times

YMhbTJT.jpg

First Colony Ship Launched

April 15, 2206: Port Gagarin, Earth’s Orbit- Today marks a pivotal moment in Human history as the first spaceship specifically designed to carry humans to new worlds prepares to leave Earth’s Orbit. Over the past year the best scientists and engineers the Federation has to offer labored over the TSV Persepolis, ensuring she is the most state of the art ship ever launched. The TSV Persepolis is capable of housing over 500,000 humans in cryostasis along with millions of tons of supplies including building material, medicine, farming equipment, live animals, and even millions of samples of genetic material. All efforts have been made to ensure that our colonists have the best possible chance to not only survive on new alien worlds, but thrive. From all of us at The Global Times we wish our brave pioneers good luck and Godspeed.

Should you enlighten to masses - not an easy decision to make. And bravo - soon humans may mean something other than Earth when they speak of home.

The Global Times

SAlsef9.jpg

Planetfall

September 27, 2206: Terra Nova, Alpha Centauri- The brave colonists and pioneers of the TSV Persepolis made planetfall on the alien world of Alpha Centauri III earlier today. After disembarking the colonist’s first order of business was to give a name to the new colony. The original intention was to allow the people of the Terran Federation a chance to name the colony, but after non-nonbinding online poll came back with Colony McColonyface as the leading candidate the colonists decided to name the new colony themselves. After some deliberation, and a vote amongst the colonists, the name Terra Nova (Latin for New Earth) was agreed upon. After settling the name of the colony the colonists set to work building the necessities required for establishing Humanity’s first extrasolar colony. In order to speed up colony development the TSV Persepolis was designed to be repurposed, with ships reactors being used as the primary power plant for the fledgling colony and the hull being able to be converted into a makeshift command center and dormitory. While much work remains to be done before the colony will be completely self-sufficient, progress continues at a steady pace and the initial stage of colony development is expected to be complete sometime next year.

Last edited: