• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I certainly wasn't doing it just for the avatar. That would be ludicrous!))

I hope this war will result in civil chaos, revolution, and a communist uprising to shatter the last remnant of the feudal heritage left in Europe! :p

Well, I guess wars on the eastern front are always the most brutal by the looks of things...

I hope this war will result in civil chaos, revolution, and a communist uprising to shatter the last remnant of the feudal heritage left in Europe! :p

Well, I guess wars on the eastern front are always the most brutal by the looks of things...
((Are you saying that in character? If so...))

"Traitor!" shouted Theodora, "Guards! We have a communist sympathizer in the Senate! Arrest him if he does not repent immediately for his transgression against the Empire!"

((I don't think he even has a character.))

Nestorius was reading a book about the Severan dynasty that ruled the Empire back in the late 2nd/early 3rd century. He motioned Hairini to come over and look at something in the book. She approached and saw him pointing at a section of text discussing the Constitutio Antoniniana. She was surprised by the information.

Last edited:
((Are you saying that in character? If so...))

"Traitor!" shouted Theodora, "Guards! We have a communist sympathizer in the Senate! Arrest him if he does not repent immediately for his transgression against the Empire!"

Nope, not a character. Just a reader who will, on occasion, post a comment to a friendly and loyal reader of my AARs! :p

Nope, not a character. Just a reader who will, on occasion, post a comment to a friendly and loyal reader of my AARs! :p
((Okay, got it. Just make sure when you do so to put your comments in (()) to avoid accidentally ICing.

Also, ignore my previous IC.))

Senators, as always, thank you for your time.

103. The Time of Troubles - Senate Responses
Raphael silently hides a turban underneath his seat.

I must say that even as we struggle on land, at least we have a capable navy. Have any of you seen the Imperial Navy's flagship. Such a beauty.

While it displeases me to hear that the Italian rebel scum will hold on to my home for a further five years, I understand that the fate of the empire is at stake and we must all make sacrifices.

- Senator Raphael Favero

"I do believe that one of my nephews was involved in that silly business with the Imperial flagship. Sisters, eh?"

He looks over the news from Italy in disappointment. "So, Lombardi has grabbed a peace deal whilst he can and the Latin Rite reigns in the Eternal City once? Despicable! I move that Strategos Trikoupis be tasked with the reconquest of Italy when the time comes."

Good, good. Our struggles have not been in vain, we shall emerge victorious!
-Senator Talbot Palaiologos

"Theory of relativity, eh? Interesting..." said Theodora. "And it's great that Sherlock is back, I was getting worried of the riots that his death would cause! The English really need to get their act together. First their black crewmen go on strike and then this, young nobles getting unauthorized clearanace to the Royal Navy! We should really make sure that the same does not happen to our own fleet! Maybe some nobles will try to infiltrate the Senate as well! Who knows, maybe they're already here!"

(Theodora motioned to her security personnel to begin checking the room for intruders)

Late December 1910

Aeteorea was enjoying the beginning of summer with bright sunny days, making it an ideal vacation spot for Europeans wanting to escape winter. Unfortunately, no one was enjoying the sun except those vocal in the support of Tane and those who say and do nothing. Ghettos filled with Europeans and camps filled with Euro-Aeteoreans and dissenting Maori were located everywhere. While the ghettos were unsavory, the camps were, for the most part, standard forced labor camps. However, a select few were even worse than the ghettos - run by megalomanic men, promised everything and more by their dictator. These camps, localized in the region of Central Otago, were the only camps that could be considered truely fascistic. One of these camps was run by Tipene.

---

17 January 1911

Nestorius looked worried over the news regarding the Pannonian, Bulgarian and Caucasus fronts. He attempted to look through the newspapers for something that would interest him. He found the article regarding the invention of the zipper very confusing. "Why does this article have the headline 'Smokers rejoice!' if it is discussing a device that binds the edges of an opening together?" he asked aloud.

"Must be another error," Hairini quipped.

Nestorius was reading a book about the Severan dynasty that ruled the Empire back in the late 2nd/early 3rd century. He motioned Hairini to come over and look at something in the book. She approached and saw him pointing at a section of text discussing the Constitutio Antoniniana. She was surprised by the information.

Senators, as always, thank you for your time.

Last edited:
103. The Time of Troubles - January-February 1911
17 February 1911

Senators,

On 23 January, Iraq agreed to Our demands.
103-58.png

But this good news was countered by the dire news from the Pannonian front. The legions, already weakened from their previous fights, were being severely battered by the Aquitaine forces and their poison gas attacks. We saw no other option to but to agree to the status quo and form a peace.
103-59.png

Of course, the legions were immediately attacked in the same location by a Polish army. But by the 10th of February, they had completely defeated that army the same way they had beaten the German one.

Fortunately On 5 February, the battle of Tulcea was decisively won, clearing the Bulgarian front. IV. Legio and XXIV. Legio immediately marched to free Moldavia from German control. But when they spotted a Polish army in the area, they immediately returned to their former defensive line.
103-60.png

We were not surprised to learn that during these perilous times, contact had been lost with the latest expedition to the South Pole. Nevertheless, We furnished a third expedition, if only to point to it as an example of the Imperial Spirit.
103-61.png

In other news, the humanities department at the University of Constantinople has announced a new major: political science. Students will learn the theory and practice of political systems.
103-62.png

And the school of business has become a proponent of what they are calling “human resource development”. It seems to be common kindness dressed up in a way to appeal to businessmen who only see their workers as a resource to be exploited. As strange as that approach is, We are pleased by anything that causes Our workers to be better treated.
103-63.png

In western Europe, Burgundy has made peace with both France and Aquitaine.

There were no newspapers considered worthy of the archives this month.

Last edited:
Reactions:
"This is terrible news. All those nations not seen for many centuries have returned to bedevil Europe, sneering at the Pax Romana. Disgusting!"

((Idhrendur, would it be okay if we spare some of the rebel countries for more challenge in Hearts of Iron? If we do manage to defeat all of the rebels and Russia then I fear that "World War II" might be a bit too underwhelming for the Empire.))

((Idhrendur, would it be okay if we spare some of the rebel countries for more challenge in Hearts of Iron? If we do manage to defeat all of the rebels and Russia then I fear that "World War II" might be a bit too underwhelming for the Empire.))
((At the very least, he has made white peace with some of the rebels so it is impossible for him to defeat all of them, technically.))

((At the very least, he has made white peace with some of the rebels so it is impossible for him to defeat all of them, technically.))
((But currently there's nothing stopping us from DOWing and killing them once the truce expires and we are in a better position to do so.))

((By World War II, maybe India and UTA will hate us so I see no reason to keep the rebel nations alive))
((But I don't think that a unified Empire would have trouble fighting either of them, though the UTA's location in the Americas might cause some difficulties. Unless they allied with Russia and/or Ming though.))

(( Again, you assume competence at my part. :D I'm seriously considering trying to rope someone into multiplayer dual-controlling things with me when I get the the HoI phase. Though scheduling that would be sooo rough.

As well, with how I'd like the story to go, the important thing in HoI is for the Empire to be victorious.

All that said, I am considering something of the sort. Maybe a push to regain all the lost territories is what brings the world to war or something. Fortunately, I've got some time to decide. ))

(( Again, you assume competence at my part. :D I'm seriously considering trying to rope someone into multiplayer dual-controlling things with me when I get the the HoI phase. Though scheduling that would be sooo rough.

As well, with how I'd like the story to go, the important thing in HoI is for the Empire to be victorious.

All that said, I am considering something of the sort. Maybe a push to regain all the lost territories is what brings the world to war or something. Fortunately, I've got some time to decide. ))
((Maybe railroad the Empire into losing this war and have the rebel states become members of Russia/Germany's spheres of influence. Then the Empire might go fascist a la Mussolini and then try to get revenge by destroying the rebels and their Russian backers. Or if you really want to win, at least give buffs to the Empire's enemies so that it doesn't steamroll them within a year.))

((If we're still expected to roleplay within the Empire, I'd rather we weren't fascist, if it's all the same to you.))

((Yeah, we take back the lands that rebelled but experience major nationalist problems, rebellions, and revolutions until the outbreak of World War II where the countries of the world team up to stop the "corrupt, imperialistic, warmongering" Romans. The fascists get massive mobilization and supply boosts, the communists get massive morale boosts, the others get... boosts. World vs Rome. Seems fair. ))