• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Those legions that already had armored units still retain them, but for now We are focused on recruiting the more standard units into the legions: infantry, cavalry, artillery, and engineers.

As always, thank you for your time, senators. We will hold another briefing in a month, or sooner if there is pressing news.

103. The Time of Troubles - Senate Responses
Eventually, Nestorius' subordinates had arrived from Naples, albeit a day or so late. For him, this would be the first time where he actively interacted with them, rather than just staying in his office, working all day. He brought them to his residence and introduced them to his buddies, before helping them settle in. He described the situation as it was: they would be working on building up a strong provisional governorship for Aoteorea, so that when they retake the islands, things would return to order much quicker. He told everyone to just to what they did in Naples, feeling that to be the best they could do at this time, while his buddies took fitting positions. Everything was coming together as he had planned.

By the 11th of August, Nestorius had been working almost day and night, making sure the papers were all organized. Hairini would often enter his room to make sure he was in good health, considering he was in his early 60s. As a result of pressure from everyone working under him, he was forced to take a period of rest, letting Hairini operate things. He was against resting, but he was reminded that he wasn't just a Governor. During his rest, he took up various books on the topic of descent, especially on what rules are applied to it in non-European cultures. He began wondering over his own surname - Septiadis. His father had told him that they were descended from a man named Septimus, who lived in southern Illyria/northern Epirus. He recalled looking into this to find no evidence of this fact. As he had nothing better to do, he decided to look into his ancestors. Once he got his hands on his family's records, he found that the earliest person named was a man named Kyrillos, who lived near Lake Prespa, but the first noteworthy person was a man named Thaddaios. Feeling that perhaps a surname based in legend is a tad bit silly, he decided to declare himself Nestorius Thaddas!

---

Nestorius and Hairini couldn't comment much on the news at the Senate. They merely nodded to it, knowing the seriousness of the ordeal.

At least we are holding the line. Have we integrated the new armor units into our legions yet?

****** Secret Missive to all Workers Republics from the Commisar of War, Britannia ********

Succeeding in driving back Imperial Troops...Stop

Have received reports that Imperial Fascist Party has united in Spain ..... Stop

All forces must be prepared for this battle, we can not allow this disgusting system to be allowed to gain any traction....Stop

Requesting that the United Council make preparations for war... Stop

Commisar Komnenos

Nestorius looked over at Hairini when news of plans of having the Imperial Fleet circle Aeteorea, Australia, the Philippines and Java emerged. She looked nervous, but happy.

---

In Aeteorea

Anaru heard a knock on the door. Worryingly, he looked through the window next to the door to see who it was. He sighed when he saw it was just a buddy of his. He opened the door. "Tipene, what are you doing here?" he asked him.

"I just wanted to see how my buddy was doing," he replied. "How's the family?"

"Mother is doing fine, but Hinewai is unsure of the future."

"Yes, the dictatorship is worrying. But I've come with news!"

"What kind of news?" Anaru asked suspiciously.

"They are rumors that Imperial fleets will be passing by soon. I've been organizing a little group, and we plan on escaping the island and reaching those ships!" Tipene revealed.

"Wait, you're against Tane?!" Anaru asked in a subdued, but shocked tone, to avoid anyone hearing.

"Yes, I'm part of the counter-rebellion and I plan on using my position to at least help some of us escape." Tipene told him. Anaru attempted to say something, but paused. The prospect of escape was tempting.

"Where will you all be meeting up?" he asked.

"By the coast. If we're lucky, a ship will pass by and, well, you know what we'll do from there." Tipene said to him. The two shook hands, as Anaru thanked him for the information. They said goodbye to one another, as Tipene had a sly grin on his face.

Those legions that already had armored units still retain them, but for now We are focused on recruiting the more standard units into the legions: infantry, cavalry, artillery, and engineers.

As always, thank you for your time, senators. We will hold another briefing in a month, or sooner if there is pressing news.

Last edited:
103. The Time of Troubles - August-September 1910
September 17, 1910

Senators,

These newspapers were published in the last month and are considered significant by the archivists.
103-7.png

103-8.png

Italy has continued to incorporate territory in the Alps, and begun to incorporate territory to the south of the border. XXXXIV. Legio nearly defeated one of their smaller armies, but reinforcements turned the battle against them and they needed to retreat to Rome.
103-9.png

103-10.png

And while Azerbaijan's capital has been taken, they have yet to surrender. II. Legio and IX. Legio are focused on pushing back Persian armies from the Armenian region in order to protect new recruits, while Russian forces occupy more and more of the trans-Caucasus region.
103-11.png

XIX. Legio, having returned to Egypt, marched through Israel to attack the Israeli and Hedjazi armies in Syria. I. Legio did the same to Iraqi forces after returned to Antioch.

Iraq capitulated to China after complete occupation by Persia. An Indian army is replicating the feat, but is isolated from most of the rest of their forces by fighting in eastern Persia.
103-12.png

Most of Ukraine has been occupied, and forces are pouring into the greater Bulgarian area, both Polish and German forces.
103-13.png

In Western Africa, both sets of forces are seizing land from the other, though Ours are working faster. And XXV. Legio has arrived from Guyana, expecting to start reclaiming Imperial lands by next week.
103-14.png

The navies won the battle of Gibraltar, ensuring We remain control of the Mediterranean.
103-15.png

Worryingly, in northern Pannonia, German forces have attacked XXIX. Legio, one of the two Legions with the strength to defend the region. They need to hold for two weeks at least, when new recruits will be fully equipped and trained.
103-16.png

Last edited:
((Italy is doing better than I thought it would. Clearly that's due to all that excellent Roman education!))

The rebel scum reveal their true intentions by declaring "good relations" with Germany. And why are our Indian "allies" on good terms with the Huns? I sure hope that Ukraine can hold on until we can get our rebel situation under control.

((Can we get events to send communist/fascist/rebel leaders to enemy countries and hopefully bring them down by revolution or nationalist rebellions?))

(( I know, right? I'm sure tag switching provinces as they capture them will only help more, but I'm surprised at their ability to push south.

I think I'll pass on events to send the equivalent of Lenin to other nations, but I'll definitely let you all know if I see rebellions pop up. While this war might tax my limited abilities at Vic2, by the numbers we should be able to match either of the alliance blocks without our recruitment, without the rebellious territories, and without our allies. ))

Raphael Favero receives word that the Italian rebels have plundered his family estate and used the wealth to hire mercenaries.

My vineyards! Anything but the precious vineyards!

Raphael breaks down sobbing in the middle of the Senate over the loss of his family's estate.

"You are welcome to stay at my estate in Thessaloniki at any time, Raphael. We'll drive back those bastards and give them their due."

Yes, though sometimes we might disagree, we are loyal Romans and will help each other. Raphael, feel free to come to my dukedom at Nicaea, I will give you a very pleasant experience (me not personally, I am too busy warding off the enemy hordes.) The Nicaean Guardsman are well trained and armed, the dukedom is safe. My Emperor, feel free to take my Guardsmen to defend this Empire!

-Talbot Palaiologos

Raphael, feel free to stay at one of my estates in Athens or Constantinople. We are all Romans and according to the ancient Hellenic principle of Xenia we must help one another. Do not forget how my great-grandfather aided your family during the Cult attack in 1854. My bodyguards, being trained by the Ministry of Security, are among the best in the Empire. I will also help compensate for any damages those rebel scum caused to your vineyards and estates when we recover them. Those traitorous non-Romans shall pay in blood for what they have done to the Empire!

((Anybody got advice on a Star Wars-themed IC? I'm kind of stuck as we're nowhere near Jerusalem.))

In Aeteorea, sometime mid-August

Anaru had followed the directions given to him by Tipene. It was quite late, barely anything could be seen. As he approached the coastline, he could see it; a group of people standing near the coast. In the distance, there was a Imperial fleet. Anaru rushed to the group, as someone noticed him and waved towards him. All of a sudden, he heard russling from near by. Armed men jumped from the shadows! He was surrounded, guns aimed for his head. The group near the coast approached him, to reveal more of the same men, holding unarmed men whose hands were tied. One of the armed men was Tipene himself.

"Tipene, do not tell me this is true!" Anaru yelled at him.

"But it is," Tipene replied, "and you thought it would be that easy."

"Why would you side with Tane?! He will bring nothing but sorrow to our islands-"

"And what if he does?! At least we can choose to be ourselves. To be Maori. Not be forced to follow the ideals of a people an ocean away," Tipene barked back. "The Greeks are mad men, believing themselves to be the ancestors of people long dead. And they think they can just push us around as though we are nothing to them. Insects meant to be crushed, purged from this world. THEY BELIEVE WE ARE NOT HUMAN!"

"And you think this will change anything?! How are we so sure Tane will not implement the same tactics the Greeks used on us, under the guise of Maori superiority rather than Greek? He is treating the non-Greeks worse than how they treated us! Is it not possible to just find a way for them to accept us-" Anaru attempted to say before being hit in the face with the butt of Anaru's rifle.

"Do you really think they will accept us?! ARE YOU THAT DELUDED?!" Tipene spat at him.

"H-Hairini has proven to me that not all Greeks are like the settlers. If we can get our message to the mainland, perhaps they would listen!" Anaru said, as he wiped the blood of his face.

"And what if she's being forced to say these things by her slaver?! You cannot trust those of Europe and the other Meditteranian territories! They are the enemy! And you side with them!" Tipene yelled, "For this, you will be sent, along with these other men who decided to follow my directions, to the nearest camp.... which Tane has allowed me to run, for my services in discovering would be escapees of his rule."

Anaru just spat in Tipene's left eye, causing the latter to whack him with his rifle's butt once more, giving him a black eye. "You, you and you are to come with me. The rest of you are to bring these men to the camp," Tipene said, referring to his men, "We shall rest for the morning. We have some families to arrest."

Tipene and his men left, as the other armed men dragged the captives to the camp, with Anaru yelling that he'll kill Tipene if he puts one hair on his younger sister.

---

The morning after

Hinewai has been worried sick since waking up. Anaru hasn't returned since last night. She hoped nothing had happened to him. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door. She rushed over to see if it was him and opened the door wide open. Just as she was about to scream his name and hug him, she realized who it was: the dictatorship's militia. They pointed their guns at Hinewai, causing her to slip as she walked away from the door backwards. Tipene entered the house.

"Long time no see, Hinewai. How's Anahera?" Tipene asked, referring to her elderly mother.

"Where's Anaru!?" Hinewai asked in a mix of anger and fright.

Tipene laughed. "Oh, don't worry. You're going to join him soon," he said, as he grabbed her by the wrist. He pulled her up and began tying her hands, before pushing her to the wall. "Check the entire place for any suspicious items and arrest anyone else here!" he demanded, as Anahera left her room to see what the commotion was. She is promptly arrested.

The men check the entire building. Nothing out of the ordinary except for one thing; the telephone. It was of a Greek design. "Tell me, you two; was it Hairini who got you this phone?" Tipene asked the women politely.

"Don't you dare touch that phone! Hairini paid much for us to be able to hear her!" the elderly woman said.

"Oh, is that so?" Tipene said sarcastically. "You, stay here and watch the phone. Threaten anyone who calls. You two, take these women and let us move to the next house," he said to his men. As he commanded, one stayed at the home, while the other two took the women and moved on to the next building, arresting the family there, before filling up their mode of transportation. They take the families to the camp, where they reunite with whoever attempted to escape the night before.

---

In Constantinople, sometime near the end of August

At the makeshift HQ of the Aeteorean provisional governorship, Nestorius was working hard, as he worked with Antiochos to file down all the cities, towns and villages, native and non-native, in Aeteorea. As they worked, Hairini sneaked to the phone to call her family. She wanted to know if they knew of the Imperial fleet circling the area. She dialed the number and nervously clutched the handset. From the other room, one could suddenly hear screaming. Nestorius told everyone to stay put, as he rushed in to see what had happened. It was Hairini, clutching her head, screaming from the top of her lungs. Nestorius grabbed the handset and heard a man mumble things in a language he didn't recognize. He put it next to the phone as he asked her what had happened.

"THEY HAVE THEM, NESTOR! THEY HAVE MY FAMILY!" Hairini cried out, as she began clutching Nestorius' chest. Before he could say anything, she spoke once more. "THE MAN ON THE OTHER LINE JUST THREATEN TO KILL THEM IF I DIDN'T COMPLY TO HIS DEMANDS!" she yelled out, crying. Nestorius grabbed her tightly, putting his hand on her head, rubbing it.

"Don't worry, it is going to be OK. It will be just fine. Please..." he whispered in her ear in an attempt to calm her down. The others looked into the room to see what was going on and promptly stopped, realizing they'll find out what is going on later.

---

September 17, 1910

Nestorius had managed to calm Hairini down, but she looked visibly distressed and disheveled. Knowing her family was being held by the dictatorship was having its effects on her. They hoped for some good news, but things were looking quite down. Senator Favero's sobbing almost brings Hairini to sob with him, but Nestorius grabbed onto her and calmed her down before she could. Seeing as this was the most fitting opportunity, he decided to use it. He stood up and coughed a fake one.

"I apologize for being the bearer of bad news once more in regards to Aeteorea, but I feel as though this is the only chance I will get to tell you all. As you all know, the militia of the Aeteorean dictatorship routinely check those who have some connection to the Empire. Hairini's family falls in this group and......" he paused for a moment, trying to prepare himself for what was about to happen. "......unfortunately, near the end of August, it happened. Her family was captured and presumably taken someplace else, perhaps a camp," he said. As he expected, Hairini began sobbing as well. He quickly grabbed her once more and began calming her down.

Last edited:
Upon hearing of the news in Aeteorea, Theodora speaks up.

"Your Imperial Majesty, I suggest that we send a small team of our best spies and infiltrators to get into the dictatorship in Aeteorea and free high-risk prisoners and, if possible, assassinate Tane. As an outright invasion is out of the picture, we must bring him down from the inside instead. It is the only way we can retake the colony without wasting too many resources."

((France, near Paris))

John-Loukas and his men trudged through the countryside of France. Once, the land they walked on was lush farmland. Now it was a smoldering ruin, blasted to pieces after months of relentless bombardment by rebel, Imperial, and other rebel artillery. Dead grass and ashes crunched under the captain's feet.

For weeks, they had eluded the communist patrols roaming the countryside, making their way away from the crash site of the Empress Veronica to the Swiss border, where Imperial control was firmly asserted. As the ship had crashed somewhere in western Normandy, that meant that they had to journey dangerously near Paris.

Leonard and Jonathan walked in the front, while Laskaris and Brent walked in the back. John-Loukas walked in the center. All of them were armed with small standard-issued pistols and had exchanged their tattered Imperial uniforms with rebel uniforms taken from dead bodies.

"Halt," said John-Loukas suddenly, raising his hand as he heard a noise in the distance, over a nearby hill.

"What is it?" said Laskaris.

"Let's find out," said John-Loukas, walking up to the top of the hill.

The other men followed him. When they arrived...

"Oh no," said Brent.

"This is not good," added Jonathan.

Below them lay a large hanger, with three complete airships, all loaded with weapons and fuel, on the tarmac outside.

"If they get them in the air, who's stopping them from reaching Constantinople?" said Leonard.

"We are," said John-Loukas.

"What do you mean?" hissed Laskaris. "We are but five men, and there are perhaps dozens of them down there! We can't fight them all!"

"If we succeed in destroying two of the ships and stealing the third, we could stop this threat and get out of rebel territory," explained John-Loukas, "Now, we will sneak into the compound and infiltrate one of the ships. That's an order. Any questions?"

Nobody said anything.

"Then let's get started."

((Anybody want to write IC for the rebel guards? It would make things much more interesting.))

((WHAT DOES IC MEAN?!))
Harini, maybe I can call up some men in Anatolia to lead an expedition to free your family in Aeteorea. I was born with the gift of the gab you know, I might get 20-10,000 men?
((If the most illustrious emperor actually builds 10-20,000 men to free Aeteorea, could one code me in?))
My house in Constantinople is nice and comfortable if you want to stay.
Mind you, Gabriel may or may not ask you what 'it' means.

((WHAT DOES IC MEAN?!))

((IC equals in-character, so anything you write from a character's perspective. Then there's OOC meaning out-of-character, which is what we're doing now when we talk with the double parentheses.))

Reactions:
Nestorius had managed to calm Hairini down before anyone could speak their mind on the situation. He let her go, because he didn't want to hold her for too long. Don't want things to get awkward.

"Your Imperial Majesty, I suggest that we send a small team of our best spies and infiltrators to get into the dictatorship in Aeteorea and free high-risk prisoners and, if possible, assassinate Tane. As an outright invasion is out of the picture, we must bring him down from the inside instead. It is the only way we can retake the colony without wasting too many resources."

Nestorius retorted. "I'd assume our best spies and infiltrators are currently busy fighting against the Northern Alliance and the rebel states directly on our borders, no?"

Hairini, maybe I can call up some men in Anatolia to lead an expedition to free your family in Aeteorea. I was born with the gift of the gab you know, I might get 20-10,000 men?

Hairini wiped the tears off her face. She shook her head to Senator Marco's Xenian offer. "I already have a comfortable home with Senator Thaddas here," she said, as Nestorius had a half-grin on his face.

"And shouldn't we concentrate our men towards the enemy on our borders?" Nestorius asked, with Hairini reluctantly agreeing with a few halfhearted nods.

fair enough.
((Also, a bit off topic, but I started a new thread on the history forum if anyone wants check it out.
It's called What if the Qing dynasty lived today?))

Senator Thaddas, and Hairini. We are greatly saddened to hear this news. As you surmise, the Empire's resources are focused at the borders right now. But if there is anything that We can do to help until such time as the legions can return to Oceania, please let Us know. We will have Senator Doukas share any information from intelligence assets still in Aeteorea, though We suspect they are compromised or turned, given your news.

Senator Favero, We will reclaim your family estates, and We have no doubt they will be made even more wonderful than they had been before this rebellion.

Senators, as always, thank you for your time. We will brief you again in a month, or sooner if there is immediate news.

103. The Time of Troubles - Senate Responses
The rebel scum reveal their true intentions by declaring "good relations" with Germany. And why are our Indian "allies" on good terms with the Huns? I sure hope that Ukraine can hold on until we can get our rebel situation under control.

Raphael Favero receives word that the Italian rebels have plundered his family estate and used the wealth to hire mercenaries.

My vineyards! Anything but the precious vineyards!

Raphael breaks down sobbing in the middle of the Senate over the loss of his family's estate.

"You are welcome to stay at my estate in Thessaloniki at any time, Raphael. We'll drive back those bastards and give them their due."

Yes, though sometimes we might disagree, we are loyal Romans and will help each other. Raphael, feel free to come to my dukedom at Nicaea, I will give you a very pleasant experience (me not personally, I am too busy warding off the enemy hordes.) The Nicaean Guardsman are well trained and armed, the dukedom is safe. My Emperor, feel free to take my Guardsmen to defend this Empire!

-Talbot Palaiologos

Raphael, feel free to stay at one of my estates in Athens or Constantinople. We are all Romans and according to the ancient Hellenic principle of Xenia we must help one another. Do not forget how my great-grandfather aided your family during the Cult attack in 1854. My bodyguards, being trained by the Ministry of Security, are among the best in the Empire. I will also help compensate for any damages those rebel scum caused to your vineyards and estates when we recover them. Those traitorous non-Romans shall pay in blood for what they have done to the Empire!

In Aeteorea, sometime mid-August

Anaru had followed the directions given to him by Tipene. It was quite late, barely anything could be seen. As he approached the coastline, he could see it; a group of people standing near the coast. In the distance, there was a Imperial fleet. Anaru rushed to the group, as someone noticed him and waved towards him. All of a sudden, he heard russling from near by. Armed men jumped from the shadows! He was surrounded, guns aimed for his head. The group near the coast approached him, to reveal more of the same men, holding unarmed men whose hands were tied. One of the armed men was Tipene himself.

"Tipene, do not tell me this is true!" Anaru yelled at him.

"But it is," Tipene replied, "and you thought it would be that easy."

"Why would you side with Tane?! He will bring nothing but sorrow to our islands-"

"And what if he does?! At least we can choose to be ourselves. To be Maori. Not be forced to follow the ideals of a people an ocean away," Tipene barked back. "The Greeks are mad men, believing themselves to be the ancestors of people long dead. And they think they can just push us around as though we are nothing to them. Insects meant to be crushed, purged from this world. THEY BELIEVE WE ARE NOT HUMAN!"

"And you think this will change anything?! How are we so sure Tane will not implement the same tactics the Greeks used on us, under the guise of Maori superiority rather than Greek? He is treating the non-Greeks worse than how they treated us! Is it not possible to just find a way for them to accept us-" Anaru attempted to say before being hit in the face with the butt of Anaru's rifle.

"Do you really think they will accept us?! ARE YOU THAT DELUDED?!" Tipene spat at him.

"H-Hairini has proven to me that not all Greeks are like the settlers. If we can get our message to the mainland, perhaps they would listen!" Anaru said, as he wiped the blood of his face.

"And what if she's being forced to say these things by her slaver?! You cannot trust those of Europe and the other Meditteranian territories! They are the enemy! And you side with them!" Tipene yelled, "For this, you will be sent, along with these other men who decided to follow my directions, to the nearest camp.... which Tane has allowed me to run, for my services in discovering would be escapees of his rule."

Anaru just spat in Tipene's left eye, causing the latter to whack him with his rifle's butt once more, giving him a black eye. "You, you and you are to come with me. The rest of you are to bring these men to the camp," Tipene said, referring to his men, "We shall rest for the morning. We have some families to arrest."

Tipene and his men left, as the other armed men dragged the captives to the camp, with Anaru yelling that he'll kill Tipene if he puts one hair on his younger sister.

---

The morning after

Hinewai has been worried sick since waking up. Anaru hasn't returned since last night. She hoped nothing had happened to him. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door. She rushed over to see if it was him and opened the door wide open. Just as she was about to scream his name and hug him, she realized who it was: the dictatorship's militia. They pointed their guns at Hinewai, causing her to slip as she walked away from the door backwards. Tipene entered the house.

"Long time no see, Hinewai. How's Anahera?" Tipene asked, referring to her elderly mother.

"Where's Anaru!?" Hinewai asked in a mix of anger and fright.

Tipene laughed. "Oh, don't worry. You're going to join him soon," he said, as he grabbed her by the wrist. He pulled her up and began tying her hands, before pushing her to the wall. "Check the entire place for any suspicious items and arrest anyone else here!" he demanded, as Anahera left her room to see what the commotion was. She is promptly arrested.

The men check the entire building. Nothing out of the ordinary except for one thing; the telephone. It was of a Greek design. "Tell me, you two; was it Hairini who got you this phone?" Tipene asked the women politely.

"Don't you dare touch that phone! Hairini paid much for us to be able to hear her!" the elderly woman said.

"Oh, is that so?" Tipene said sarcastically. "You, stay here and watch the phone. Threaten anyone who calls. You two, take these women and let us move to the next house," he said to his men. As he commanded, one stayed at the home, while the other two took the women and moved on to the next building, arresting the family there, before filling up their mode of transportation. They take the families to the camp, where they reunite with whoever attempted to escape the night before.

---

In Constantinople, sometime near the end of August

At the makeshift HQ of the Aeteorean provisional governorship, Nestorius was working hard, as he worked with Antiochos to file down all the cities, towns and villages, native and non-native, in Aeteorea. As they worked, Hairini sneaked to the phone to call her family. She wanted to know if they knew of the Imperial fleet circling the area. She dialed the number and nervously clutched the handset. From the other room, one could suddenly hear screaming. Nestorius told everyone to stay put, as he rushed in to see what had happened. It was Hairini, clutching her head, screaming from the top of her lungs. Nestorius grabbed the handset and heard a man mumble things in a language he didn't recognize. He put it next to the phone as he asked her what had happened.

"THEY HAVE THEM, NESTOR! THEY HAVE MY FAMILY!" Hairini cried out, as she began clutching Nestorius' chest. Before he could say anything, she spoke once more. "THE MAN ON THE OTHER LINE JUST THREATEN TO KILL THEM IF I DIDN'T COMPLY TO HIS DEMANDS!" she yelled out, crying. Nestorius grabbed her tightly, putting his hand on her head, rubbing it.

"Don't worry, it is going to be OK. It will be just fine. Please..." he whispered in her ear in an attempt to calm her down. The others looked into the room to see what was going on and promptly stopped, realizing they'll find out what is going on later.

---

September 17, 1910

Nestorius had managed to calm Hairini down, but she looked visibly distressed and disheveled. Knowing her family was being held by the dictatorship was having its effects on her. They hoped for some good news, but things were looking quite down. Senator Favero's sobbing almost brings Hairini to sob with him, but Nestorius grabbed onto her and calmed her down before she could. Seeing as this was the most fitting opportunity, he decided to use it. He stood up and coughed a fake one.

"I apologize for being the bearer of bad news once more in regards to Aeteorea, but I feel as though this is the only chance I will get to tell you all. As you all know, the militia of the Aeteorean dictatorship routinely check those who have some connection to the Empire. Hairini's family falls in this groups and......" he paused for a moment, trying to prepare himself for what was about to happen. "......unfortunately, near the end of August, it happened. Her family was captured and presumably taken someplace else, perhaps a camp," he said. As he expected, Hairini began sobbing as well. He quickly grabbed her once more and began calming her down.

((France, near Paris))

John-Loukas and his men trudged through the countryside of France. Once, the land they walked on was lush farmland. Now it was a smoldering ruin, blasted to pieces after months of relentless bombardment by rebel, Imperial, and other rebel artillery. Dead grass and ashes crunched under the captain's feet.

For weeks, they had eluded the communist patrols roaming the countryside, making their way away from the crash site of the Empress Veronica to the Swiss border, where Imperial control was firmly asserted. As the ship had crashed somewhere in western Normandy, that meant that they had to journey dangerously near Paris.

Leonard and Jonathan walked in the front, while Laskaris and Brent walked in the back. John-Loukas walked in the center. All of them were armed with small standard-issued pistols and had exchanged their tattered Imperial uniforms with rebel uniforms taken from dead bodies.

"Halt," said John-Loukas suddenly, raising his hand as he heard a noise in the distance, over a nearby hill.

"What is it?" said Laskaris.

"Let's find out," said John-Loukas, walking up to the top of the hill.

The other men followed him. When they arrived...

"Oh no," said Brent.

"This is not good," added Jonathan.

Below them lay a large hanger, with three complete airships, all loaded with weapons and fuel, on the tarmac outside.

"If they get them in the air, who's stopping them from reaching Constantinople?" said Leonard.

"We are," said John-Loukas.

"What do you mean?" hissed Laskaris. "We are but five men, and there are perhaps dozens of them down there! We can't fight them all!"

"If we succeed in destroying two of the ships and stealing the third, we could stop this threat and get out of rebel territory," explained John-Loukas, "Now, we will sneak into the compound and infiltrate one of the ships. That's an order. Any questions?"

Nobody said anything.

"Then let's get started."

((Anybody want to write IC for the rebel guards? It would make things much more interesting.))

Harini, maybe I can call up some men in Anatolia to lead an expedition to free your family in Aeteorea. I was born with the gift of the gab you know, I might get 20-10,000 men?

Nestorius had managed to calm Hairini down before anyone could speak their mind on the situation. He let her go, because he didn't want to hold her for too long. Don't want things to get awkward.

Nestorius retorted. "I'd assume our best spies and infiltrators are currently busy fighting against the Northern Alliance and the rebel states directly on our borders, no?"

Hairini wiped the tears off her face. She shook her head to Senator Marco's Xenian offer. "I already have a comfortable home with Senator Thaddas here," she said, as Nestorius had a half-grin on his face.

"And shouldn't we concentrate our men towards the enemy on our borders?" Nestorius asked, with Hairini reluctantly agreeing with a few halfhearted nods.

fair enough.
((Also, a bit off topic, but I started a new thread on the history forum if anyone wants check it out.
It's called What if the Qing dynasty lived today?))

Senator Thaddas, and Hairini. We are greatly saddened to hear this news. As you surmise, the Empire's resources are focused at the borders right now. But if there is anything that We can do to help until such time as the legions can return to Oceania, please let Us know. We will have Senator Doukas share any information from intelligence assets still in Aeteorea, though We suspect they are compromised or turned, given your news.

Senator Favero, We will reclaim your family estates, and We have no doubt they will be made even more wonderful than they had been before this rebellion.

Senators, as always, thank you for your time. We will brief you again in a month, or sooner if there is immediate news.

Last edited:
103. The Time of Troubles - September-October 1910
17 October 1910

Senators,

This newspaper was released in the last month and considered significant by the archivists.
103-17.png

In this last month, II. Legio and IX. Legio repelled the Persian army from Armenia. They are currently besieging Azerbaijan territory and expect to force their surrender quite soon.
103-18.png

Reinforcements are pouring in for the legions. A first round of infantry have joined up, with cavalry, engineers, and artillery expected in the next month. XIX. Legio became impatient for its reinforcements and has marched on Jerusalem, even now beginning the occupation.

The defensive line in Pannonia continues to hold, and a secondary defensive line is being prepared even now. But the line in greater Bulgaria is being pushed further south, as XXIV. Legio waits for the reinforcements that could allow it to strike back.
103-19.png

In Armenia, both Russia and Persia are pushing into Our territory, even as the legions hope to defeat Azerbaijan.
103-20.png

Though Persia may fall to an Indian onslaught before long.
103-21.png

Meanwhile in western Africa, the legions are rapidly seizing the enemy colonies, and soon may confront the Scottish army in the area.
103-22.png

Finally, after England's annexation of Wales, both England and Brittany have pledged their support for France in its wars against Burgundy and Flanders-Wallonia.
103-23.png

Last edited:
Reactions: