• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Christophoros Palaiologos has been confirmed to have died in Britannia. Paulinas Palaiologos has been assassinated by radical communists in the streets of Constantinople. I am the sole remaining member of the main Palaiologoi dynasty.

-Talbot Palaiologos

((Anyone spot what my name represents? ;)))

Reactions:
((no..... I feel like I should.........))
((How old is nestorius and Hairini)?)

((Port Talbot is a dingy town in south Wales and is a white dog that appears in heraldry. Other than that, I'm not seeing any connection.))

(( I'm just aware of the Talbot School of Theology, which I don't really see as connecting.

Unless you mean the Palaiologos part, in which case I am aware of the dynasty. ))

((Port Talbot is a dingy town in south Wales and is a white dog that appears in heraldry. Other than that, I'm not seeing any connection.))

(( I'm just aware of the Talbot School of Theology, which I don't really see as connecting.

Unless you mean the Palaiologos part, in which case I am aware of the dynasty. ))
((Its a Greek name with German roots ;). If no one can guess it, I'll tell y'all.))

Reactions:
((Our most esteemed writer would it be possible to have an overview of the communist alliance, just so I write a bit more on what we are trying to do to your corrupt empire.))

((Our most esteemed writer would it be possible to have an overview of the communist alliance, just so I write a bit more on what we are trying to do to your corrupt empire.))

(( Massive spoilers in the rest of this post, obviously.

Britannia/The Worker's Commonwealth: Has occupied the northern half of Wales (Holyhead and Llandrindod), is occupying Cardiff, and fighting the last Welsh force in Cardigan. Primary culture of English, accepts Greek (not sure if I should make them accept Welsh, if so I can edit it in). Over 80% of the population is Greek, with English #2 at 11%. Is the number 9 power, just a little ahead of Ming in score, and a fair amount behind Germany. Using its national focuses to encourage craftsmen. Attempting to gather resources to build a Cruiser. Has 35/112 military units, plus around 60 units of militia from mobilizing. Is researching Social Science.

France: Is losing to both Flanders-Wallonia and Burgundy, with its military soon to be completely destroyed. Flanders-Wallonia is occupying Evreux, while a small Burgundian army attacks one of their small armies in Rouen. They might even win that battle. The battle in Beavais (Flanders-Wallonian territory) against a FW army will not end so well for them, with them being outnumbered seven to one. Meanwhile, VI. Legio slips away onto some transports Primary culture is Cosmopolitaine, and 63% of the population is the same. Greek (36%) is also accepted. is the #19 power. Using most of its national focuses for craftsmen, but one for Bureaucrats in the Channel Islands (which count as SW England). Is researching Realism. Also trying to gather resources to build a cruiser.

Brittany: Only at war with the Empire. Has an army of 30,000, with 18,000 of that mobilized farmers (infantry), 9000 artillery, and 3000 normal infantry. A few regiments have declared for them in Pannonia and are being killed by XXIII. Legio. Primary culture is Breton (43% of the population), with Greek accepted (54%). Is #27 of the powers. Using its NF to encourage craftsmen. Gather resources to build a cruiser and researching Naval Risk Managment.

All have passed all social reforms (I had neglected that before but just edited it in), and reverted all political reforms. Except that Brittany and France have not allowed slavery, while England has (as there are no slaves, I'd consider that an oversight). The alliances between all three have been dropped (presumably doe to relations being between 5-30). I'm editing that right now. I've edited this to give good relations and alliances. They are not assisting each other it their wars, but I'll probably edit in for England to help France once they've beaten Wales. Assuming France doesn't call them in first.
))

(( In other news, I'm making Spain our fascist country. That leaves the following as indeterminate (unless I've forgotten otherwise, in which case remind me):

Flanders-Wallonia
Aquitaine
Catalonia
Azerbaijan
Israel
Mataram
Java
The Philippines
Wales
South Africa
))

(( In other news, I'm making Spain our fascist country. That leaves the following as indeterminate (unless I've forgotten otherwise, in which case remind me):

Flanders-Wallonia
Aquitaine
Catalonia
Azerbaijan
Israel
Mataram
Java
The Philippines
Wales
South Africa
))
((Make all of them except Java, Mataram, Flanders-Wallonia, Aquitaine, and Wales presidential dictatorships. The rest can stay as monarchies.))

(Nestorius turned 61 more than a week ago in-game. Meanwhile, Hairini, in the post where her name was given, is "some few odd years younger than him". And, before you ask, no, he didn't celebrate his birthday.))
((...Is it still bad I want to ship them?))

Senator Septiadis, your request is granted, though We are not sure what you wish to accomplish with this move. It seems likely it will be some time before Aetoerea is returned to Imperial control.

Senators, thank you for your time. As always, We will share further news as it arrives.

102. The Time of Troubles, the First 58 Days - Senate Responses
Nestorius wasn't really sure what to add to the conversations at the Senate. He wasn't much of a military man, so all he could do was praise the victories and hope for the best. He was however getting worried over Hairini. She had been trying to contact her family once more, to no avail. She had lost that wunderlust she had back when they arrived in the capital; she had become a nervous mess disguised in a calm skin. Nestorius tried to think of something to reassure her that everything was going to be fine, but nothing came to mind. He was looking over the balcony on the evening of the 30th of June, watching the city stay awake as Hairini slept. All of a sudden, he got an idea. He knew that he always worked better as a governor than a senator, especially when the news at the Senate consisted mostly of military events. He decided to go through with his idea tomorrow.

---

Nestorius stood up, ready to go through with his idea. "My Emperor, if I may ask something of you," he started, "I would like to be assigned the position of Governor of Aeteorea," he said. "I have learned much in my time as Governor of Naples, and I feel as though my abilities gained would allow me to serve as an able provisional governor," he stated. "However, as I have learned, a governor by himself cannot run a governorship. Those who have worked under me in Naples are excellent at their jobs, and thus I ask for them to join me in the provisional governorship," he asked him. Hairini looked at Nestorius in surprise.

Christophoros Palaiologos has been confirmed to have died in Britannia. Paulinas Palaiologos has been assassinated by radical communists in the streets of Constantinople. I am the sole remaining member of the main Palaiologoi dynasty.

-Talbot Palaiologos

((Anyone spot what my name represents? ;)))

Senator Septiadis, your request is granted, though We are not sure what you wish to accomplish with this move. It seems likely it will be some time before Aetoerea is returned to Imperial control.

Senators, thank you for your time. As always, We will share further news as it arrives.

Last edited:
102. The Time of Troubles, the First 58 Days - The GACPS Goes to War - 8 July 1910
Senators,

This newspaper was released this week. The archivists consider it significant, so fresh copies have been provided to each of you.
102-28.png

This week, XXV. Legio decided it would be better to wait for transport from Trinidad—where the Guyana Fleet could block any English armies—than from Guyana. They are expected to arrive on Trinidad tomorrow, but We still have seen no sign of English armies.

IX. Legio, after helping clear Armenia of rebels, decided to strike for the heart of Azerbaijan. They anticipate arriving in their capital of Baku on 14 July.

VI. Legio escaped to their transports and will be dropped off in Sicily to recover.

XXXXII. Legio began a retreat for the transports that finally arrived off the coast of Batavia. Though the battle was 'lost', they proved the valor of the legions.
102-29.png

The half of XXIII. Legio that had escaped to the North Sea made it to their transports, and will be brought to the southern shore of Anatolia. Once there, they will be reinforced and take up the numeral of one of the traitorous regiments.

Our navies proved their worth as well. The Red Sea navy sank the entire Hedjaz fleet in their battle, and the North Sea Fleet has held off more than three times their number so that the half of XXIII. Legio could escape from Germany. We will probably send them to a friendly port to recover before the battle is over, but wish the transports to gain a little more distance first.
102-30.png

We felt confident enough in the growing security of various regions that We began recruiting new regiments to restore the legions in Pannonia, Naples, Macedonia, Armenia, and southwestern Africa.

And in further good news, Ming has declared war on Russia, bringing the Northern Alliance and the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere to war with each other. This is a much-needed distraction.
102-31.png

Last edited:
Now let's hope they don't get any ideas and attack the Empire.

((IC regarding the crew of the downed Empress Veronica incoming))

Reactions:
Following the session, Nestorius and Hairini quickly returned to their residence. "What was that about at the senate?" she asked him, still in surprise that he had requested the Aoteorean governorship. He turned to her; "As a skilled governor, I would imagine my services would be of great use there, especially after we get control of the territories once more. Plus, I've always wanted to go beyond Mare Nostrum," he told her. While the reasons were sound, it was obvious there was another reason. Before she could interrogate him even more, he had moved to the telephone. He called the Neapolitan governorship. On the other side, one of his subordinates picked up. Nestorius explained the situation and told him to gather everyone, sans a few Neapolitans to keep the place in check, and to come to the capital as soon as possible. At that point, Hairini realized that the senator was going to turn part of their residence into a base for the provisional governorship. She attempted to object, but decided against it. Deciding she needed some fresh air, she left to explore the city some more. Not noticing she had left, Nestorius thought over if he should call up a few buddies of his to come and help him as well. He decided more hands would be best.

-----

The early morning before the session, Nestorius waited for his buddies to arrive. His subordinates from Naples wouldn't arrive for another week or so, if his own trip here was any indication. Soon, they arrived. He went over to greet them with great big hugs, as he hadn't seen most of them in years; Michail Lykidis, a politician from the town of Ulpiana, Stefanos Antecheirinidis, a linguist from the town of Aenona, Antiochos Heraklides, a childhood friend from the town of Dioclea, Nicolaos Alexidas, an old family friend from Singidunum, and Savvas Epimonopoulos, a theologist from Arsa he met in Naples a few years earlier. He trusted these men quite a bit. He brought them to his residence, where he introduced them to Hairini. He told them to get comfortable, as he and Hairini left for the Senate.

-----

The two sighed in relief after hearing that the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere had gone to war with the Northern Alliance. The thing the Empire needed the most was some relief and they had just got it.

"It is great to hear that we're recruiting new regiments for the legions. All help is welcome," Nestorius commented.

Reactions:
Thank god the asians and Russians are killing each other istead of us.

Reactions:
((Somewhere in northern France))

John-Loukas Picardie suddenly opened his eyes and saw nothing but an empty blue sky, clouded by flames and smoke. He tried to move, but his entire body flared with pain, and restraints held down his waist. He looked down found that he was miraculously only bruised, with no broken bones as far as he could tell; not only that, but his chair was generally intact as well. The rest of his crew, though weren't as lucky. Many officers lay prone throughout the wreckage of the still-burning bridge, some of them impaled on the jagged metal fragments that once made up the skeleton of the Empress Veronica.

He unbuckled his seat belt and got up. Almost immediately he stumbled as pain flared in his left ankle. He wasn't as lucky as he thought. At least he could still walk.

Where was Laskaris? Where were his other senior officers too? They had to get out of here as quickly as possible and make it back to the Empire. Only God knew how much the rebels had radicalized the locals to communist ideals.

He rounded a corner and stopped, spotting an equally ragged man wearing a rebel French Commune uniform. He carried a pistol with him, while John-Loukas was unarmed. While John-Loukas was a quite experienced soldier, having fought in Konstantinos's Rebellion and served as a marine on the Empress Veronica, he was in no shape to fight this man. So he hid and frantically looked for something to defend himself with. Unfortunately, in his haste, he knocked over a piece of shrapnel, making a loud noise.

The rebel's head snapped around towards the origin of the noise. "Who's there!" he demanded. "Show yourself, Imperial! No rebel would ever hide from his own comrades!"

John-Loukas remained silent as the rebel advanced towards his hiding place. Then a gunshot rang out, and he heard a thud. Warily peering out, he saw that the rebel was dead.

"Hey," somebody said behind him.

John-Loukas recoiled so rapidly and instinctively that by the time he recognized Laskaris, he had a piece of sharpened metal well on its way towards the first officer's neck.

"Commander Laskaris!" shouted John-Loukas, dropping his weapon. "You almost gave me a heart-attack there."

"Not so loud," said Laskaris, "It'll attract the other rebels. The gunshot's already drawing several of them."

"How many of our crew are still alive?"

"Not many. I found about three of them, but the rebels got five more and executed them."

"We have to get out of here."

"Agreed."

The two men hurried away from the wreckage of the two airships, towards where three other crewmen--who appeared to be Britannians and went by Leonard, Jonathan, and Brent--had hidden. Jonathan was severely wounded, with a large gash in his right leg. He needed medical attention urgently.

"Okay, where to?" said Brent.

"I don't know, but we have to stay low and avoid the rebels," said John-Loukas.

There was a shout from behind them. "Hey! Over here! The Imperials must have gone in that direction!"

"They're onto us, move!" shouted the captain.

The five men rushed out of there as quickly as possible.

((Paris, some time later))

"Chairman, it appears that the Aiden Gray did not go down with all hands as previously believed."

"Why is that?"

"Some men have arrived in the city, claiming to be part of the Aiden Gray's crew. They have important news on the situation."

"What is that?"

"That although it is confirmed that the Imperial superweapon has also been taken down, some of its crew have survived and escaped custody. If not captured, they could exploit anti-communist sentiments in the populations and bring back sensitive information to Constantinople."

"Then hunt them down at all costs. I want them brought before me dead or alive, preferably alive. And speed up the production of our replacement Aiden Gray-class airships. We need them to take down the Empire for once and for all."

Reactions: