• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
E

EymerichTheDeacon

The Crimson Prince

0e91ce6ace890de313ab58438866b765b45c2d0c_hq.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to my AAR. This is my second AAR in the ASOIAF/AGOT Universe but this time things will be more interesting than the other time.

We will see what would happen if Dalton Greyjoy "The Red Kraken" had a legitimate son, before his death with all his "salt wives and salt-childs" (minus one that become a jester for Johanna Lannister). I created my first character with the designer ruler with features similar to those of the same "red kraken" but with a few small changes in physical traits, such as hair color and eyes. It will look strange, but as soon as you start reading, you will find out how fundamental those are.

Enjoy the reading ;)
And remember

We do not sow

Index

Last edited by a moderator:
Chapter 1.What is Dead, May Never Die

C4T5w8r.png

Red Rose Tavern, Highgarden, 131 AC

"Well, to say, nothing is more beautiful than High Garden."
"Yeah ... the wine here is fantastic, like the "ladies"... *Screams loudly* Let's toast, my friends and adventure companions! HOORAY!!"
"Idris, that's enough, we are drawing attention, and if we continue to do all this noise, they'll be kicking us out of the tavern before the plan."
"If you only had the Red Kraken with us ... he would never have wanted that his Personal Guard, his Bodyguards and his best warriors, in order to save their lifes, had to join on a Sellsails Fleet, leaving their homes and their families behind!"
"Remember, the Red Kraken was a bloody madman and was executed just because he had been too fierce and disrespectful of any promise. Remember, after the death of Lady Rhaenira, he was found guilty and accused of plotting against the King and was punished exemplarily. It was burned alive by Sunfyre! He broke all the covenants and promises kept. It is not the behavior of a lord paramount! We, on the other hand, have to respect our contracts and the promises made on the same, to avoid such mistakes.Now, let's have fun, but in moderation, tomorrow we'll go south, to Old Town."

Oldtown, at the Harbor's Merchant Guild, a week later

"Shit! SHIT! Ser Gascoigne you have to make us enter into the harbor! For the queen's sake we must bring these swords to the Maesters"
"What's happening Idris! What's the problem ser Gascoigne?"
"Well, Captain Harlon, the Archmaester Joramon has denied any landing rights correlated to you."
"But we've the goods and the weapons they've ordered from Lannisport and Pyke!"
"Yes, but they also has the reports of all of yours landings from the Westerlands to here and they all said that"
"The Ironborn Sellsails are good dealers but bad, very bad mens. You cannot trust them....YOU CANNOT TRUST US?! Filthy treacherous..."
"Stop Idris. Ok,Thanks Ser,we'll depart as soon as we deliver the goods. With a payment"
"No, you won't have any payment. Now go on."

Then suddendly Idris jumped in front of Gascoigne saying:" You bastard, you now give us the money without protesting or i'll cut you from your shithead to your small dick. Understood?"
"Y-Yes, here your payment, now go away and never came back!"
"We'll never came back to the Reach!"

"IDRIS! stop this circus already!"
"No, they're disrespectful! They deserve this!"

Immediately the entire garrison of Gascoigne appeared, forcing them to depart immediately
When they arrived to the entrance of the Port, Harlon break his silence saying, profetically:

"This town will burn under the Kraken's fury one day"

Off the Arbor Island, on the southwestern border between the Plateau and Dorne, three days later

"Captain! Storm to starboard!!!!"
"Comrades, sail the sails! reinforce the trunk, pull the hoards in the hold, seal the cannons!"
"Ser Brown! Ser Brown!! Notify the Captain and the other ships immediately!
"Yes Mr. Idris!" * running to the Captain's Cabin * "Mr. Harlon, I apologize for the impatience but the quarter-god Idris Drumm has spotted a storm at starboard! We're preparing the ships to face the abnormous storm"
"Yes, Master Brown, I'm coming."

Harlon "The Unsmiling" Saltcliffe, uncle of Lord Saltcliffe, an ex black brother that broken the oath, headed to the ship's pinnacle, waiting for Idris Drumm, the salt-child of Old Wyk's lord Drumm that legitimized him prior to his death, with bad news.

"Captain, the storm in front of us ... is too strong also for the flagship. It travels at an unprecedented speed. It will be over us in less than 20 minutes. We have to move to the Torrentine's Cliffs, hoping to arrive on time. Send a raven to Ser Arthur Dayne with permission to be able to land at Starnight."
"Yes quartermaster. Brown! send the crow right now! And also... give some joyful compliment to Ser Dayne, since it has just become "Star of the Morning" so that we can feed it as much as it is enough."
"Yes Captain!"

The Raven did not reach the Torrentine in time. The storm had already reached the company's ships. In a very short time it fell on the southern coasts of the Reach. Many lightning droppings that night, and many paid the price of metal. During the storm, however, the Captain and the Quartiermaster managed to dive a small amount of the ships into a small shore forgotten by everyone at the border between The Reach and Dorne. During the night they repaired beneath the cliffs in some caves at first glance excavated by 'man. Here, they made the discovery that they would change their lives.
They found a ship-shaped cradle with some royal insignia, like a red dragon ruined by the water, and a seal that terrorized everyone.The symbol of the Red Kraken. The little boy was wrapped in a red and white mantle,of Volantene manifacture, with a huge red kraken sewn over it. At the sides of the same, there was a Sword. Corroded from water and blood. Unrecognizable to most, except to an old man that served into the royal guard of Dalton Greyjoy, Tidas Goodbrother, who immediately exclaimed with surprise:
"The Dalton Sword".

It was Lamentation, Lord Dalton's sword.

f6DHu8Q.gif

The child was the perfect copy of her father according to the old one, but he had crimson eyes and silver hairs and they were so bright that many people had a whirlwind.
The boy smiled at the sight of men,a strange smile, like if he already knew them, but immediately turned his sight to the bottom of the cave. Here the mens found a woman agonizing. Immediately Idris approached, but the woman was in a desperate condition. Not even an archmaester of the citadel could have helped her.

The woman said,with a faint voice, "Protect the boy. Please. Protect the son of the kraken. "
"Milady, stay calm. We will help you..." Harlon said.
"No, we do not have much time. Listen to me, take it over the Continent of Valyria, on the island of Elyria. My family will help you. Sell the sword and all the jewels in that crate behind the boy. They were the last gift of his father. It will suffice you to get there without having to fight for the money."
"All right, milady, but tell us who you are and who really the baby is."
"I am Tess Ilvos, the handmaiden of lady Rhaenyra of Dragonstone, and this is the son of Lord Dalton Greyjoy knwon as "The Red Kraken",This is his "legitimate" son that he had with Lady Rhaenyra of house Targaryen. She gave him birth near Starfall. The boy mustn't know that he is a Targaryen, but instead he must know that he is the legitimate son of the Kraken and heir to the Iron Isles's Kingdom."
"Milady, we all know that Lady Rhaenyra was killed a few months ago..."
"Yes, in fact, we have hidden ourselves for six months but, unfortunately, the Bloody Flux that infested the Torrentine left me with little time to live ... I was lucky enough to meet you sers *she suddenly started to sobbing* Please, take care of him...please..."

Then the girl leaped.
They buried her under the cliffs few minutes later.
Suddendly the boy start to cry and Idris embraced him,making him asleep. The entire crew were astonished at the sight of the baby. An Ironborn with Valyrian psicosomatic traits...Incredible...
Then the crew start the inevitable discussion:

"The son of the Kraken and the Dragon"
"We're sure about that? maybe he's only a bastard toddle..."
"No, i trust her word. She killed lord Dalton, do you remember?"
"Yes...i remember, but she was in such a state that she've already paid his debts with Dalton"
"Yes. This is his son. In the cradle i found also letters, manuscripts and a document firmed by Archmaester Palladore in which he states that Lady Rhaenira had a son when she was at the Torrentine with Lord Dalton Army. His true name is "Orbarion Greyjoy"
"Orbarion...*looking the child* what a shitty name you have little boy"
*the child smiled* "He likes you, Idriss"
"C'mon Harlon, i'm a reaver, not and Handmaiden"
"Yes, but he'll need of a paternal figure...You could adopt him"
"No, all of us will adopt him."
"And what will be his name...?"
"Drake. He'll be Drake. Do you like it Drake? * the child laughed * He likes it"

Elyria, 147 AC

Lord Drake, i'm pleased that you have received me very soon. "
"Sure, Idriss, you're like a father for me. Like all the crew. Tell me everything."
"Lord Ilvos wants to talk to you immediately, and also to others who know about that news."
"All right. Make way."

They then went to the royal palace, of ancient construction dated back to the Doom of Valyria, builded with golden and silver bricks and stones, with all the drapes of the Ilvos family and the Red Kraken's Mercenary Fleet listed at the party. They arrived in the foreground where the captains of the flagships, including Harlon, were waiting for them.

"Harlon, my old friend!"
"Hey, Drake, you've grown a lot. I knew that your stay at New Ghis has helped you...in many ways * looking shady to his protect* but You'll tell me about that later. Now we've to discuss about important things. Lord Ilvos is waiting us"

They headed to the throne room, where the entire family looked back at that strange boy. A boy with all of the physical traits that belong to the High Valyrians, with two crimson eyes and silver hairs that shines also into the darkness, that prays the Drowned God in a land of Valyrian preachers and slavers... What a place to grow up must've been.

"Milord. Miladies. Brothers and Sisters..."
"Drake,welcome. Please sit on that chair."
"Tell me, lord ilvos, why you requested my presence?"
"Sixteen Years have passed since we've welcomed you and your fleet in our lands. Now the time has come."
"For what?"
"For the things that i'll say to you right now. You are not my son. Neither a parent or a kinsman of ours"
"W-wait...what? Mother, what he's saying!"
"The truth my love."
"Yes. You are not our son. Remember that story about that man that called the Red Kraken that was killed in the night by my sister?"
"Yes."
"Good. That man, that was your father. Bring me the Crate!"
*Idriss bringed the crate to the boy that was astonished at the sight of that crate and also at those words*
"A red kraken between the spires of a Dragon...three headed dragon"
"That is your coat. The signs you're a Greyjoy..."
"A Greyjoy..."
The suddenly Harlon spoke: "Yes. but you're only the bastard son of Lord Dalton. So you won't inherit his name. Instead, as it is written in this paper, you'll be, by your sixteenth year of age until your death, Drake of house Redstorm, son of Dalton Greyjoy "The Red Kraken", Heir to the Throne of the Iron Isles, lord of Elyria..."
"Wait, what?" Lord Ilvos esclamed, terrorized.
Idris said:" We do not sow, Lord Ilvos. We conquer, we rape and we destroy. Guys, kill them all"
The boy didn't make a move when he saw that is entire adoptive family were killed in front of him.
Then, when they finished the slaughter, Idriss said:
"They killed your father. They deserve that. You're now a lord. And we will bow only in front of you, milord".
"Arise, Drake. Arise." Said Idriss, giving him a golden bowl plenty of water. " Immerse your face here. Show us if you're really the son of your father"
Then the boy, following the tradition of the Ironborn, immersed his entire head into the bowl. Then Idriss take his head and start pushing until the boy esaled. After 10 seconds of pure terror, the boy reemerged and then,while his crimson eyes gleamed, he said, smiling strangely:" What is dead, may never die"
Idriss smiled, also Harlon in distance was amused by the boy," Lord Drake of House Redstorm, ah. Take this, Aegon III Targaryen!"

H1SDF6H.png

From this violent beginning, what dread may come.

Chapter 2.The Reaver of Slaver's Bay

n3qChfr.jpg

Elyria's Harbor, 10th of April, 147 AC

"So, Idriss, what are the plans for the Iron Price of 'our' son"
"well, 'our' son will decide by himself the place and the time. By now we must be focused on another important matters, such as finding him a wife. Not a salty one, his true wife."
"Ok, well...i've some names in mind but they're daughters of astapori and ghiscari nobles..."
"So do i...well...maybe he's already a name in mind...let's talk with him."

Yes, it was spring and Lord Drake didn't had decided yet a suitable women as his wife. He was seventeen but he was smart and he knew that he had to found someone that could've been his wife for the rest of his life. Also, he was searching something about his past but fortunally maester Steffon came in aid.

"Maester Steffon, how are you today?"
"Lord Drake, all good thanks for asking. I've founded something that maybe could bring you attenction"
"It's about the Greyjoys?"
"Yes. I've found an old book called 'History of the Dinasties and Families of The Seven Kingdoms and i've found your Family Tree."
"Show me, Steffon. I'm curious!"

NG3DpuN.png

"So...this is my family..."
"Yes. Lord Paramount Aeron was you Great-grandfather, who had two sons, Vickon, that become his heir as Lord Paramount, and Euron, a renewed Black Brother. Legends says that He disappeared into the lands of always winter, during a snowy and cold night. Oh yes, your father had also a daughter, Disa.
Your Grandfather, Vickon, had four sons and a daughter. Only two of them were "rock childs", Your father, the fearsome Dalton the Red.."
"Kraken...my father...*looking the portrait with amusement and a bit of sadness* he's so similar with me..."
"You are his exact copy, your grace. By the way, the other one is Veron, your Uncle and the actual lord Paramount of the Iron Isles. The other three childrens are only salt-childs, that he had legitimized at the death of your father, so they are now your Uncles and Aunts too"
"So...My Father had several childrens...this other portraits and names...they are all my brothers..."
"Yes. But unfortunately most of them are death or are all around the world,unaware of your existence. Only two of them are worthy of being seen. Ser Donnel "the Drowned One" is the actual regent of Lord Veron, because he's fighting for the Indipendence of the Iron Isles. Then there is Harlon...poor boy. He's only the jester of that Lannister bitc...ahem, of Lady Johanna Lannister. He was castrated due to a punishment for his irruence...a grievious gesture for another more serious misfortune..."
"Ok. But me? i'm also one of them?"
"No. with the documents in your hands you're the rightful and legitimized son of Lord Dalton. But for making this happen, you must also be recognized by your mother's family."
"R-Really? The Targaryens?? God...this will be hard, they hate my family!"
"Yes, especially because they ordered the murder of your father, it will a difficult task"
"Ok...but i've another question. I've 17 years so...i'm between Dagmer and Harlon speaking of age...right?"
"Yes. This is an outdated Family tree. I'll send a raven,ordering an arrangement, to the archmaester Thommen of the Citadel. He'll modify the Greyjoy's one and he'll make your personal family tree. You're not a Greyjoy, but a Redstorm, and, although you are, legally, a legitimized bastard, you could create your personal Dinasty...Do you accept my purpose?"
"Yes, of course. I hate the yellow you know" * the two started to laugh a few moments after Idriss and Harlon made their entrance*
"Your grace"
"Harlon, Idriss, please come in, Maester Steffon, thanks for your services. keep me informed about the developments, good evening and stay well."
"Good evening my lord, also you"

A few moments later, Royal House of Elyria, 147 AC

The two reavers entered with a crate full of ghiscari wine and astapori fruits, as a gift for his lord

"Thanks a lot...but you two are not the types that make gifts for no reason. Tell me what it bubbles in the pot"
"Yes...but..we do not know how to say it..."
"Say it, without think."
"Yes. Ok. You are young, fair and brave. You won't be in need of searching for a valuable and noble wife..."
"Oh. Ok i know, you two have also some name of some girl suitable for the rulership...but i've also a girl..."
"Yes, but Lady Daenora is not a noble...She's a common elyrian girl, beautiful, yes, but common...not noble..."
"And by the drowned god, what is the difference? I won't marry a noble girl that i don't know...i love Daenora and i'll marry her. Understand?"
"Yes...understand. We won't command you about this affairs, but we've to prepare the wedding ceremony, also she's a Valyrian preacher..."
"No. She has already agreed to convert to the Drowned Ways during the Ceremony..."
"You...you'll drown her?"
"Yes. I'll do that, and then i'll give her the Sea-Crown as my Lady and, hoping so, Queen."
"Ok. So...do you have also a day for this ceremony?"
"Mh...what about next week?"
"That's perfect Drake...we're so proud of you"
"So do i, my fathers, so do i"

A week later, by the sea, Elyria

Finally the great day arrived. For the event also the Lord Paramount of the Iron Isles sent a gift for Drake. The coat of the Greyjoy's Iron Kings. He also written a message for his nephew:" You deserve it. Shape your future into the Ghiscari Lands and came back to Westeros as an Iron King, a truly one, Drake. Your Uncle, Veron."
His Uncle was proud of having Drake as his nephew. The entire family acknowledged him as a member of the Greyjoy, although he was a Redstorm now, a cadet branch of the Greyjoy, that, in the past, was the cadet branch of the GreyIron. The History repeat herself...

"And, by the Drowned God, i declare you Husband and Wife."
"Daenora...i love you"
"Me too Drake"
"Lord Drake, give your coat and your sea-crown to Lady Daenora. Milady, there is the ceremonial bowl"
"Yes. Husband, drown me"
"Are you sure, Daeny?"
"Yes. I'm ready to embrace fully your religion."
"Ok"

Then he drown her. She didn't make resistance, she knew the procedure. After 5 seconds, better than Drake, she emerged, and Drake said:
"What is dead, may never Die"
"Lady Daenora of House Redstorm, Petty Queen of Elyria, arise"

b6w1wyh.png

Meereen's Inner Coast, 5 Months Later

"Lord Drake, we're ready to land to Meereen in a few hours"
"Good Captain, prepare the flagship and...Wait. The enemy's fleet is at starboard! Prepare cannons and swords comrades!"
"Mh, they're so stupid that they never remove their cargo's ships from the fleet"

Suddenly Drake's voice changed, on a more sinister way...

"Destroy them. Destroy them all!"
"Yes,Sir "

Immediately the twenty ships of Lord Drake faced an enormous fleet with 50 longships in a piramidal formation, protecting ten cargo's ships.
Drake divided the fleet in three front. The middle one had the task to break the frontal border of the enemy's asset, making as much damage as possible. The left one disappeared in the mist around a small island near the cliffs, while the right one directed into the right flank of the enemy's formation. They started the party with an enormous storm of cannon balls and with severals broadside fires.

"Not yet!"
The enemy fleet kept pushing through the ironmen's ships,destroying one of them.
"Not yet!"
At this moment, after five minutes of intense fire, almost half of the middle front was damaged, also the flagship took some damage on the left side. Suddendly the two other flanks appeared at the sides of the enemy, with a suicidal boat fueled with 10 barrels of green fire, that was a gift of Triarch Marqello of Volantis for the Wedding of Drake...

"NOW!"

At the signal, the suicidal boat was sent at high speed against the back side of the deployment, crashing against some enemy ships. Shortly thereafter, it exploded, even jumping from adjacent islands due to the shock wave.

"It comes! Prepare yourselves and face the death!"

The Striking Wave hitted the Fleet. Many were terrified, but he did not. He knew what he was doing, and laughed, laughed like a fool.
Idriss was upset, as did Harlon, but then, straight ahead, Drake said:

"Somehow we have to pay this hard price, right?"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

The whole crew starts screaming.
Hell fell on those poor enemy ships.
Half of the enemy fleet had been destroyed by the explosion or by the shock wave. In a short time a fierce battle took place in Meereen Bay. Many fell. Even some Drake's friends, like the old Goodbrother, died in the clash. But these were the laws of the drowned God. Everyone had to deal with the sea, somehow, in his life.
Drake jumped from his flagship to an enemy ship, slicing and beheading from the right to the left, without showing mercy. He did so for at least six ships in a row.
No one could stop his fury.
In many, seeing him with that black cloak with that huge red kraken enveloping a three-headed dragon on his shoulders, they saw the perfect fusion of the Three-Headed Dragon and the Red Kraken in that white-haired young man.
At dawn, everything was over. Cargo ships were in the hands of Drake and his fleet. But after that night, everyone saw in Drake a spark, red like blood. He became a Reaver.

"MY MEN, RAZE THIS CITY!"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

m68u8T4.png

yyCsJuW.png

The city was completely destroyed. Enormous columns of smoke rised from there, and a lot of screams were heard that night. Also from Elyria, a pregnant Daenora saw that flames and thinked about his husband...the Red Kraken, and smiled...

rml745w.jpg

Dragonstone, two days after the Meereen's sack

The news about that night came also to Westeros...at the Royal Court, Aegon the III was having an hard time after the secession of the North and the Iron Isles after a bloody war.

sRmxfXz.png

He looked back at his sister-wife, saying:

"Another doom is coming... from Essos"
"What it is..."
"The Red Kraken..."

The poor lady was shocked by this sentence

"No, Aegon, the Red Kraken died 16 years ago"
"No. He managed to have a son with someone, managed to legalize him and he sent him to Ghiscar. If he knows who his mother was, no one will stop him from his vengeance..."
"May the Seven help us"

Author's Errata Corrige:
1)The portrait of Daenora strangely has changed from the previous one because of a graphical bug that is not relevant.
2)The screenshot about Veron is of a previous save, looking at the Cregan's one, but in the same timeline of them that i've used for this AAR so don't worry, sorry for this mistakes.

The Red Kraken will take its due.

The Red Kraken will take its due.

Of course. But it'll be so surprised that he'll make "strange" decisions for a reckless reaver that he is.
Thanks a lot :cool:

Chapter 3. Our Son Payed the Iron Price too Early

UIJsXbJ.png

Royal House of Elyria, 147 AC, one week after the Sack of Meereen

Finally, the Red Kraken' fleet came to Elyria. After stopping for two days in the ruins of Bhorash, halfway between the lands of Tolos and the western border of Mereen, for a quick check-up of freight vessels full of all sorts of goods, they stopped in the ruins of Ghozai where Idriss had built a small fort for "goods storage" during the company's golden years, when Drake was still a child playing on the dock with a small stiletto and Idriss and Harlon were famed reavers and pirates.
The same stiletto that was given to Drake's childrens when he came back.
Yes, during his absence, he had become the father of two wonderful twins, a male, Lorron, and a female, Grisel.
Unfortunately, however, child mortality was at very high levels in those cursed lands. Lorron died a week later in a blood bath.

0lRnaHe.png

The entire court was destroyed, especially Drake, who had seen his own son die. Grisel, on the other hand, was a source of pride for his father. Golden long hairs, red eyes and a liveliness that also gave energy to her own parents, sad for the death of his brother. He payed his Iron Price to early, but that was the law of the life in that lands.

wyPTRic.png

Not even a year after their birth, Daenora was pregnant again, and again, the winds of war rose.

IxvP0nY.png

Ghozai, Ironborn Company's Lair/Fort, 5th of September, 148 AC

"This place still smells of pork and rotten beans...after a year...my god"
"Harlon, please, stop it already, this is not our clubhouse, is a secret fort for our treasury. And we're here to take it..."
"Yes, i know Drake, but you're sure about your choice? Astapor is at war and we'll attack Tolos?"
"Yes. We'll focus the enemy attention on Tolos, but, in the meanwhile, we'll build our army for an Invasion of Astapor. It'll occur at least 3-4 years and,in the meanwhile, we'll strenghten our power in North Valyria."
"So we'll invade Tolos..."
"Yes."
"But, if we'll build an army for Astapor, what army we'll use for Tolos?"
"Well..i thought about 4-5 thousand unsullied. It'll cost about 300 golden marks, or 700 gold dragons if i didn't get wrong. With the indipendence of The North and my uncle's Reign, the westerosi currency had an absurd inflaction, thanks to some info that was given by the Citadel to our Master."
"Steffon...well, i'm sure that he said that already to the Old Harlaw, your Steward..."
"Yes, he assured me that in two years we'll have the perfect amount of marks needed for our plans..."

Siege of Tolos, at the end of February, 149 AC

The invasion of Tolos started with a strange situation. The entire tolosi army was wiped out by the Bloody Flux after the first week of war. The siege of Black Cliff was easy, but the worst thing happened. One of the sons of the Lord of Tolosi was at the court of King Aegon III when he knew about our invasion and, with at least seven thousand silver marks ( two thousand gold marks ), bought an Alliance with the King himself.

f06Q6h8.png

These news came immediately at the ear of Drake. And when Maester Steffon told them to him, he smiled and said:"
Finally i'll know the King."
In the meanwhile Daenora had given birth to a beautiful child, Ragnar. When he saw his father, and especially his sword, he smiled at her. And Drake was amused by that.

QQjfp6N.png

Siege of Elyria, First week of March,151 AC

The war was already won, Idriss took in chains Lord Azantone of Tolos after the Siege of Tolos. He was taken in his fort/lair at Ghozai in chains after the defeat of the Tolosi army at the Black Cliffs by Ser Qoren Reddune and the Vanguard of Elyrian Army, but Drake was still waiting for his prey.
King Aegon III Targaryen.
He didn't came, but one of his armies yes. Fifteen thousand soldiers, two hundred ships, and a Dragon that, because of a wound, was ridden by his sister-wife, Rhaena, daughter of the fabled and famous Rogue Prince, heir to the "no-more-existent" Kingdom of the Stepstones.
The first battle was fought at the Cliffs of Velos between 320 ships in total, 120 Elyrian ships vs 150 Targaryen ships and 50 tolosi ships. The result of that fight was a pyrric victory for the Targaryen. Almost half of the fleet of the Iron Throne was wiped out by the defences of the Velosi's fortress while the Tolosi's fleet was destroyed by several green fire's trap located all around the bay, but the fleet of Idriss and Harlon took serious damages while defending the fortress and was sent back to Elyria, leaving the entire complex of Velos by night.
That was a trap for the enemy, infact they pushed in until the fortress of South Stone, near the northern cliffs of Elyria. They then started the siege that wiped out almost half of the population of the island. The Dragon of Rhaena burned out several families and childrens. An unacceptable thing for every human being, also for the Red Kraken reincarnated himself.
Leading ten thousand troops, the result of a combined army full of North valyrians, Sellsword, Unsullied and Elyrians,he landed to the east of South Stone after a perilous trip into the Valyrian Mainland, surprising the enemy army that was totally unaware of the maneuver made by Ser Qoren Reddune and Lord Drake.
The Battle was harsh, cruel and grievous

Z5G2ILa.png

but the Elyrian Army won.
They took down Stormcloud with a flame-balista created by Maester Steffon and Idriss, but the lady that was riding him was not an handy enemy. Drake fought against her. An harsh but fair fight. Drake was sad because he was respectful of all the womens and no one deserved to be thrown in a battle field, but he was literally amazed by the ability of Rhaena. He won, eventually, after an hour of harsh and violent fight. In that battle there was also the Lord Paramount of the Reach, Robert Tyrell, but he eventually retreat his army after Stormcloud fell down from the sky, gaining the "respectful-my-ass[cit. Idriss]" nickmame "The Craven", truly a shame for an excellent warrior like him.
The war was won.
We conquered the lordship of Tolos but, finally, Drake had a chance to know his past.

7GrZGFR.png

A very bold plan, bloodily executed.

But then, bloodily = just as the Kraken intended, surely.

Ah, Ironborn in their natural habitat, the ass-end of nowhere. Really enjoying the narrative of the red kraken, perhaps he shall take back his
home. In the other ass-end of nowhere.

Chapter 4. The Dragon and The Kraken

Xv8OHKI.png

Royal House of Elyria, a week after the end of the Tolosi War, 150 AC

There wasn't peace in the heart of Drake. After the war, Slaver's bay was pratically an enormous ruin, pillaged by the pirates of their Corsar King, Illoro Saan, devoured by uncountable wars for the power between their leaders, burned by the khalasars of Rhaesh Jim and Vaes Dothrak.
A perfect moment for Drake himself to take the next step.
The Invasion of Astapor.
But first, he had another problem to deal with.
A certain "dragonlady" from a certain "kingdom".

"Ser Qoren, call the prisoner. Take her here. I want to speak with her"
"My love, don't be cruel." said the Petty Queen Daenora.
"No, i won't be. She knows my past and my future. And besides, i don't want a raged dragon in our lands if she'll die."
"Seems right." Said Qoren, nodding to Daenora and then to Idriss.

Simultaneously, the purple doors opened. Followed by all the small council, there was Lady Dhaenira, and she was running towards the room. She was wearing a purple-yellow dress with a black coat and the Targaryen Sigil on that.
She had her sword, Dark Sister, with her, because she asked the permission to bring her to the receivment.
Drake wasn't surprised, because he knew what were her thoughts.
She tried to reach the Throne seat but was blocked by Qoren and Pate.
Then she spoke, fiercely, to him and her tormentors:
"So you are the bastard who tried to enslave me and my army!"
"Enslaved? No. Captured maybe. I'm not a slaver, infact you're here now and you're speaking to me face to face as you've requested.This type of treatment is not the same one of the slavers, so please don't be so disrespectful or i'll be forced to carve out your eyes. Understand?"
"Yes. Understood, Little bast..."

Suddendly Idriss punch her face, making her fall rudely to the floor. Drake immediately jumped out the throne seat and went to help the lady, but then she jumped on him, putting her sword, Dark Sister, on his chest.Drake suddendly said:

"Calm down lady. There is no need of blood. Calm down, or your entire kingdom will pay for that. I'm not here to kill you, but only to talk with you. I've many questions for you,and besides that, i won't harm you only if you won't kill me right now."

Dhaenira, hearing those words, retracted her sword from the chest of Drake and helped him to rise from the floor. Then Drake asked to ser Qoren, shocked and angered with the Lady, and his wife Daenora to take her to the personal chamber of Drake.
Daenora wasn't pleased but Drake told her that she hadn't anything to be worried for, because he didn't want a new concubine, but only a bit of privacy with the Princess.
His wife accepted reluctantly Drake's decision but he asked him to follow the duo. Also Idriss and Qoren were confused by his order, but Drake felt that Dhaenira would have been in serious danger in that room because...well, because she was alone, against the entire war and small council of Drake Redstorm, made by ironborns, sellswords, pirates, greyscaled-cured men and various criminals.
That wasn't the best place to be in, during a quarrel, indeed.

A few hours later, Drake's Personal Chambers

"So, Lord Drake, why you brought me here? you want to deflorate me? you want to make me your saltwife?"
"No milady. I brought you there because behind this door you will find only death.You've seen who are behind that door. You would have been in danger if you stayed there longer."
"Don't you know that i've a dragon that could destroy this place with a simple gesture of my hand?"
"I know it, and i don't want it. I want answers. And only you could give me them."
"Answers? for what exactly?"
"About my origins."
"For the Seven..."
"Please Dhaenira, tell me! Who was my mother!? Only you know it!"
"How did you...know...it?"
"Because of a letter that my father left to Idriss, that was my regent and guardian when i was a child. Here. Take a look"

Then Drake gave Dhaenira a strange letter with a more strange sigil, but very familiar to the poor milady. She was shocked by that, and after she read the letter, told him a phrase that he will remember forever.

"You are my lost brother"
"...What?"
"...God, Mother, what you have done..."
"Please Dhaenira, who is my mother and what she've done!! For the Seven, Rhllor and the Drowned God, tell me!"
"...You are the son of Dalton Greyjoy...and...Lady Rhaenira of Dragonstone, my mother."
"...I'm...i'm..."
"You're a Targaryen. Half Targaryen, exactly. You're my brother...my lost brother..."

Suddendly Drake started to cry. His wife was shocked but Dhaenira embraced him strongly and told him:

"My beloved brother..."
"So...so, Aegon is.."
"Yes, your brother. And you're a claimant to the Iron Throne..."
"No, i don't want it."
"What?"
"Yes, i want Ghiscar and Valyria, not the Iron Throne. I don't deserve it. I'm only a bastard of your house."
"But you've to be acknowledged! It's your right" Said his wife, interrupting the two of them.
"No my love, our lifes will be in serious danger even here if i'll accept that. No, this must be kept under secrecy. Dhaenira, please, promise me that you want say anything to anyone."
"Also to Aegon? he suspect it already..."
"Also to him. I want safety and a future for my childrens and my people. I won't be a threat to yours and also i'll cut my bonds with the Iron King Balon Greyjoy as a sign of respect."
"...Are you sure?"
"Yes. Sure. Sister,i'm more Targaryen than Greyjoy. And, infact, I'll grant freedom to you and your army and i'll pay for bring back, to their homes, the ones that died during the war. All of them. As a sign of gratitude."
"Thanks a lot Drake...really, thanks a lot. I wasn't expecting it."
"I'm not my father, neither my mother. I'm me and only me. I'm the son of the Red Kraken, yes, but they call me The Crimson Prince for the reason that i'm not a bloody beast without consciousness like he was."
"You're truly a Prince and a good man indeed. You're more Targaryen than Greyjoy for sure. Thanks you, brother. May the Seven protect you and your family"
"Same to you, Dhaenira"

Main Camp of the Elyrian Army, Astapor City, 6th of August, 151 AC

He woke up. He was in his tent in the main camp of his army. He was dreaming about the encounter with his renewed sister. That changed his life.
He was a Targaryen and a Greyjoy, the deadliest combination of all on Westeros, but the time of dreaming came to an end as he was involved into the Elyrian Invasion of Astapor.

"Lord! Lord!"
"Idris! Tell me!"
"The report from the battle of Astapor Point arrived. Our army won against the enemy's one and they're retreating here at the Red Piramid.
"The main battalion?"
"The Main army, leaded by Qoren, will be here tonight. They knows already about the Astapori move."
"And the enemies?"
"They'll come in two days. We must be prepared!"
"There is Izdrahq zo Rohdan? That bastard "good master my ass" ?"
"Yes, milord. Be Careful. Despite all, he's a strong warrior, stronger than Aegon the Downcast or Aegon the Dragonknight himself.He'll be a though one for sure."
"Don't worry for me Idriss, i'll make it. Now please call those two bastards here, i've to talk with them about a better strategy for the upcoming battle."
"Yes sir."

Astaporian Marsh, Front entrance of the Red Pyramid, 10th of August, 151 AC

The Astaporian army came. Elephants, Unsullied, Slaves and Slavers.
The Elyrian army came. Ironborns, Sellswords, Exiled sers, truth seekers.
The two armies stood one in front of another. 4500 Astaporian well-trained Troops against 9900 Sellswords, Ironborns and peasants.
Then a charge started, and the Battle raged.
Drake was blowing from right to left, cutting off limbs and arms of the enemy' soldiers, leading the front of his army.
The battle was harsh, furious, but the Elyrian army was slowed by multiple attacks that was coming from the Garrison of the Astaporian Capital and the Astaporian Army at the same time, costing many soldiers lives.
Ser Qoren was pushing hard from the left side of his batallion, but suddendly was hitted by an arrow on his shoulder. Severly Injured, he managed to slay the enemy archer with an hunting bow near an enemy's corpse, but he suddendly fell to the ground unconscious after a second blow was made by a ballista. Drake saw the entire scene and approached to him immediately, after killing 5 enemies that were in front of him with a dual blow.

"Qoren! Qoren, please Qoren, Don't die! Your wife is "
"A rumorous bitch, i know it" Qoren was still alive, spitting out blood from his mouth, nose and chest.
"Qoren, thank to the drowned god, you're alive..."
"Yes, but i can't feel my right arm..."

His right arm was impaled on an unknown enemy's body near to them. The chest of Qoren was in an horrendous state, devastated by the flames that burned out the ballista's projectile, and his face was covered with stained blood, but somehow, he was alive.
Drake immediately called the "Healers team", leaded by Master Steffon, for helping him with the poor warrior:

"MASTER STEFFON!"
"Yes Drake!"
"Save this man Steffon!"

Steffon, dodging two arrows and another ballista's bullet, reached the duo and, when he saw Qoren, he said:

"Milord, his chest is ripped off, his right arm is...gone...his eyes, his body...he cannot make it"
"No, You must save him! It's an order! I know he could do it!"
"Yes, milord, as you command"
Then Drake went back to the fight, savage and angered, leaving Qoren to Steffon and his team.
After twenty minutes, he spotted the "Good Master" of Astapor, Izdrahk Zo Rohdan, near two elephants bodies:
"IZDRAHK! FILTHY SLAVER, COME TO ME!"
Then also Izdrak saw him. He said:
"DRAKE! FINALLY I'LL SLAY YOUR FUCKING FACE! YOU BASTARD!"

An horrendous duel took place between them. Drake lost his sword and was severely injured at his right eye during the first half of the duel, and Izdrahk had numerous chances to kill him, but strangely,everytime he tried to slain him, something blocked him...
Drake then took advantage of this "strange" situation and, in the second half, took the enemy's sword and severed his right arm, his right leg and then he decapitated him, after saying:"This is the end that you, depravate bastard, deserve. Die, with dishonor."
After the duel, he mounted Izdrahq's body on three spears with the head on the central one and placed the "piece of art" on an horse, scaring the poor animal and making him run away into the battlefield.
The entire Astaporian Army saw that horrendous "piece of art" and, immediately after that horrendous sight,they surrendered under Drake's army.

phOn0ph.png

A small part of the army flew to the Worm River lands behind the mainland, trying to regroup and forming a strong resistance.
Only after two years the last bastion of the resistence, Gazhai, was destroyed. The war then was really over.
Drake then started to realize that maybe the "Dream of Ghiscar" wasn't only a dream, after all...

KIJT78z.png

Drake finally obtained a more higher title. King of Astapor, Protector of Tolos and Lord of Elyria and the Valyrian Mainland colony.
But there was a problem, a bigger one. The entire mainland of Astapor was under a strong and severe unrest as several patricians and ghiscarian slavers raged wars against each others for the power, but Drake, shrewd like a fox, made a good choice, choosing two new, powerful and trusted vassals amongst all he had as Protectors.
Lord Pate "Nine-heads" of the House Saltcliffe of Dhozai, Protector of the Worm River and brother of the beloved Harlon Saltcliffe, the master and mentor of Drake, and Lord Qoren Reddune "The Dornish Exile", Protector of Tolos and of the Valyrian Mainland colony
The ceremony took place at the Red Pyramid, the new house of the Redstorms, as Drake desired for his family,
saving them from the devastated lands of North Valyria, fulled of diseases.

Sph9rAG.jpg

Errata corrige:
1) Re-edited the entire post. It was plenty of grammatical errors, fruit of being not a native English speaker. Sorry for that, i'll pay even more attention,i promise.

Rather dramatic discovery of his family.

Chapter 5. Crimson Madness

The Red Piramid,Chambers of the Royal Family, late November, 156 AC

Finally after nine months of gestation, aggravated by the poor lady's health, Daenora was giving birth to her sixth daughter, but things seemed to turn for the worse.

"Push! Daenora, resist! Do it for your son!"
"I can not do it anymore, I'm too tired Elaena ..."
"No, Daeny, push me harder, you have to do it!"
"I cannot do this, this time is more painful than the others," * she starts to yell *
"My god, he's suffering too much ..."
"Dhaenira! Keep her head and caresses it, and keep also her attentions away. Daeny! Come on! You can do it!"

More screams are heard from outside the huge Redstorm property. Childbirth is having too many complications. In the adiacent room, a worried Drake is trying to withstand the impulse to break through the door for the purpose of giving help to his poor wife. Fortunately, all his friends are watching him, including his two brothers-in-law, Aegon the Downcast, King of the Iron Throne, and Ser Robert Hightower, the second husband of Dhaenira "the She-Dragon" Targaryen.
The two, in order to strain the tension, begun to talk to him, asking him about war strategies and ironborn habits, but suddenly Aegon asks a question about a local custom in particular ...

"Drake, do you have a salt wife?"
"Why do you ask me that?"
"Well, I know it's a widespread custom among your people ... it resembles the Valyrian politics of the divine union among the consanguineans ..."
"Yes, with the only difference that they become salt wives not by choice, but in order to avoid slavery. Many have at least one salt wife, but the one that had the most was my father, as you well know ..."
"Well, I asked you that because I know you've got one in your court, and for your own"
"Yes, Horonna, what a woman, ferocious, marvelous, intelligent ... but she hated me, I killed her dear husband and gave her newborn baby, the result of a relationship between her and her husband's father,to the Company o fthe Rose. I caught her 14 years or so, but she's not here with me for at least six years. "
"What happened to her?"
"Well ... after attempting a mutilation at my penis, I decided that it was best to divide our streets before the thing that could have been divided was my penis. I gave her so much "smokey" silver and the joy of freedom. .. "

jt1Rhgh.png

"Smokey Silver ... you sent her to the Smoking Sea ???"
"Oh yes, at least she'll really have fun with the penises of those grayish cannibal troglodies."

JCodMap.png

"You're a damned psycho my dear brother-in-law, but i admit that she deserved it."
"Yeah, but I'm sorry that the daughter I had with her one day will know what the mother has done and what the mother's end was ..."
"Well ... I was thinking about a solution ..."
"Which one?"
"Well...gave her to me. I'll introduce her in my court as the bethroted of a child of mine, Baelor..."
"Wonderful idea indeed...maybe i'll accept that in the near future"

But then an higher scream was felt by all the attenders...then a strange silence broke up in the entire estate.
Elaena appeared after 10 minutes with a little girl in her hands.

"Drake, this is your daughter. She's alive and well. Also Daenora is alive, but she has lost too much blood. Maybe she hasn't much possibilities to survive the night. Archmaester Palmer is already doing his best to minimize this risk."
"What can i do?"
"Pray. Simple. Pray for your wife."

Suddendly the little child started a familiar cry for an Handmaiden like Elaena.

"Well, the baby is hungry, i've to feed her but i can't at the moment..."
"I'll feed her, Elaena!"
"Are you sure, Dhaenira? Ser Hightower..."
"Relax Elaena, my wife will feed Drake's child as her own."
"Thanks Dhaenira, really, thanks a lot"
"Ah, i'm doing this for the baby...by the way...any hint about a name?"
"...Asha"

mDhI0oj.png

"Asha?"
"Yes. She'll be named Asha from now, like her Great-Grandmother."
"Your Great-Grandmother was a fierceful shieldmaiden...ahi"
Suddendly the child bit her nipple
"Well, she's a fury ahah"
"Like us, right Dhaenira?"
"Right my brother!"

Astaporian-Yunkarian Border, August, 157 AC

Half a year has passed since Asha's birth. My wife had recovered from that night but now her uterus won't give me any children.Archmaester Palmer, in order to save her life, removed parts of her uterus with a new type of surgery. Well...that was a test, but he saved my wife's life and i'm happy with that. The Archmaester said that my wife must avoid any type of "inner sexual contact" forever.
She's so sad, because she now that from now on i'll be forced to take salt-wifes in order to gave birth to another male, but i know some useful things about female-first marriages that will help my family to endure this crysis.
In July I declared conquest war on Yunkai in order to gain control over that city, but suddendly Mantarys invaded Tolos and New Ghis and Mereen declared me a coalition war in order to defend Yunkai.

peQiQZb.png

The politics of this scourged land are very complicated.
In order to take some knowledge about it, i sent Idriss and Master Steffon on a diplomatic trip to Volantis and Qarth with the objecive to obtain some maps of the area in late 152 AC.
After five years they came back to Ghozai with a useful map of the surroundings:
By this map, Yunkai is only a little princedom by now,
New Ghis is now under an High King and it's not a republic like Meereen,
Qarth had taken control over the Red Wate and the few cities that still survives today in that desolated land,
Mereen had lost the eastern part of the Painted Mountains,
Raesh Jim, now a part of the greater Khalasar of the Eastern Mountain Tribe, is pushing north by now, in a secular war with Raesh Moqorro and Vaes Dothrak,leaving our borders intact, for now,
Mantarys has colonized two lost fortresses in the Lands of the Long Summer, but we hope in a total assimilation of her under the Tolosi's command of Lord Qoren Reddune.

X1n4HYA.jpg

We fought several battles against the Coalition, losing manpower, money and patience, but we finally conquered Yunkai after a brutal battle between 3/4 of my army and the rest of the Coalition one. We had a few of mercenaries sellswords with us but this blasted our finances. We're now on the verge of the bankruptcy and we will, maybe, need to go on reaving soon.

pzeooKV.png

After this battle, the Coalition blowed up, leaving Yunkai on our mercy. In a matter of days the "King" of Yunkai surrendered under our power, giving us a second crown and more lands for our kingdom.
But in the main time, the Mantarian-Tolosian war was still raging, so my army had to help Ser Qoren and the Elyrian Vanguard as soon as possible.

gta85mE.png

The Red Pyramid, Throne Hall, 31st of December, 157 AC

The war between Mantarys and Tolos is still ongoing, but i had another job to finish.
The division of the Yunkai's territories.
Several offers arrived to me, but two of them was the highest among all.
Lord Anto Hakkarainen, originary from the legendary Kingdom of the Bone Mountains, married Elaena Irontyde, my wife's handmaiden, and now prays the Drowned.
He's a masterful diplomat and he's an ex slave and a liberator and will be a good ruler over The Copper Hills.
For Yunkai...i had another plan.
There was this child, Qorin Ironfoot, son of commander Yorko of the Plaza of Liberation, that was bethroted to one of my salt-daughters.
I know that for now i can't marry matrilineally my daughters, but i raised this child like he was mine, so i accepted his father offers to gave him the Yunkai March.
And i accepted it.
He's also my son's bestfriend, so this was the best choice from Yunkai.

Y9fmMjd.png

There was another question on the table. The Iron Throne.
The Downcast offered me a treaty of alliance by a bethroting of his son Maelor to my daughter Harra.
I accepted it,

wB0iMSR.png

but when he came to me, he took with him his entire family.
One of them shocked me.
A beautiful woman, blinded by a bastard pirate.
She was known as Daena the Defiant.
She was one of his childrens..and she was so beautiful...
too much beautiful...that i started to love her.
We had sex, for multiple nights.
Although she was blind and this was officially an Incest, she felt my feelings and she wasn't scared by me. For the first time, i loved someone not because it was my duty, but because was my desire.
But things went wrong too soon...

Quite the local power - yet things are clearly not well.

Perhaps not the first time a personal indulgence created problems.

Drake's power play seems to be faltering somewhat, makes me wonder what will come next.