• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
if the mod used the E3 map sure things would be more accurate but then you would have to review all of the events, and the ai files as well given the E3 map has thousands of more provinces than the base darkest hour map.
Let's not put the cart before the horse, we're going to fix this inconsistency with the ressources we have. That would not be the first time that Darkest Hour's good old classic map causes some border issues and besides, the two provinces of Rome and Anzio are not that bad placed to represent the actual territory of the Papacy.
Fun fact: this little research led me to discover that the Pope actually had steam-powered warships in the late 19th century.:confused:The more you know...

well even then the map isn't that accurate involving Italy and its borders. the Papal States would only control Rome and Anzio in 1914 due to those being the territories the Pope controlled after 1861.
View attachment 519021
if the mod used the E3 map sure things would be more accurate but then you would have to review all of the events, and the ai files as well given the E3 map has thousands of more provinces than the base darkest hour map.
Let's not put the cart before the horse, we're going to fix this inconsistency with the ressources we have. That would not be the first time that Darkest Hour's good old classic map causes some border issues and besides, the two provinces of Rome and Anzio are not that bad placed to represent the actual territory of the Papacy.
Fun fact: this little research led me to discover that the Pope actually had steam-powered warships in the late 19th century.:confused:The more you know...
Personally, I think I can agree with such map, I think about to write it into timeline.
Also, I think it should only have impact on 1914 scenario - one day when it gets in focus of development. And that this should not impact 1936 scenario since it could cause much mess.
About E3 map, personally I am not the fan due to some hardware limitation of my PC to process such map. It also gets modding job much complicated and total revision of files is needed.

Since you're working on mainly bugfixes at the moment: I don't know if it has been reported, but nobody mobilizes when they are at war. It made my UK game a lot harder since the Australian and Indian troops I used in Ethiopia and North Africa were a lot weaker than they should be. It also makes France way too easy since Germany also doesn't mobilize

Since you're working on mainly bugfixes at the moment: I don't know if it has been reported, but nobody mobilizes when they are at war. It made my UK game a lot harder since the Australian and Indian troops I used in Ethiopia and North Africa were a lot weaker than they should be. It also makes France way too easy since Germany also doesn't mobilize
Yeah, mobilization system needs a lot of rework.

Also just noticed that the Operation Charlemagne has a mistake. It gives France 5 heavy submarine divisions with tank division names. The Kingdom of Holland also has the wrong names for the automatically generated corps names, it uses a Czechoslovak name. And the transport ships for the UK use Arabic names

edit: finished Operation Charlemagne. The peace events have a few problems. Poland doesn't recieve all the land she has claims on in the Ukraine and Romania doesn't recieve the Odessa region. The Chinese border also has some issues. China recieves 2 provinces north of what they have claimed but they don't recieve the Vladivistok area. And after a few days (I finished the war in August of 1942 btw) the SU had Operation Kutuzov, declaring war again.

Last edited:
Also just noticed that the Operation Charlemagne has a mistake. It gives France 5 heavy submarine divisions with tank division names. The Kingdom of Holland also has the wrong names for the automatically generated corps names, it uses a Czechoslovak name. And the transport ships for the UK use Arabic names
Thanks for info, we will fix all of that.
edit: finished Operation Charlemagne. The peace events have a few problems. Poland doesn't recieve all the land she has claims on in the Ukraine and Romania doesn't recieve the Odessa region. The Chinese border also has some issues. China recieves 2 provinces north of what they have claimed but they don't recieve the Vladivistok area. And after a few days (I finished the war in August of 1942 btw) the SU had Operation Kutuzov, declaring war again.
Currently I am working on revision of Franco-Soviet peace events, so this job is a priority, thanks for info.

Encountered another bug today. After Italy capitulates, an event fires for Albania which attempts to ally her with a nonexistant Italy, crashing the game

Encountered another bug today. After Italy capitulates, an event fires for Albania which attempts to ally her with a nonexistant Italy, crashing the game
Thanks for info.

FKbLAoP.jpg

Information time!
Here it is, after a long time info on the upcoming version of TBL mod.

Dev Diary 2
We plan a revision and completion of partition of Germany by French in early phase of WW2.
If Kingdom of France occupies Germany event fires which gives three options:
1.png

-----------------------------------------------------------
Option 1 - puppet Germany - most likely AI option:
2.png

Cabinet of Germany puppet-state:
3.png

Option 2 - Multiple small states:
4.png

Puppet states governments:
5.png

Option 3 - Northern and Southern Federation:
6.png

And their governments:
7.png
If Republic of France occupies Germany event fires which gives two options:
8.png

Option 1 - puppet Germany
9.png

Cabinet of German Republic:
10.png

Option 2 - Multiple small states:
11.png

Puppet states governments
12.png
If French Empire occupies Germany event-chain is little different.
- Event fires by which French annex Germany after a surrender event.
France then could activate event for creation of Netherlands:

13.png

Netherlands cabinet:
14.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
France could chose to push border to the Rhine or not:
15.png

And then three option about partition of Germany:
16.png

Option 1 - Northern and Southern Federation:
17.png

And their governments:
18.png

Option 2 - Multiple small states,
Note: Poland have a separate event to release or annex East Prussia:

19.png

and Their cabinets:
20.png

Option 3 - United puppet Germany
21.png

Cabinet of Germany puppet-state:
22.png

Last edited:
Is reactionary more o less authoritarian than fascism?
Reactionary is similar to Paternal Autocrat from the base game.

Great, really great. I'm have only one question - is prince Aimone the leader of Baden-Wurt? The Italian noble who was crowned as Tomislav II and never visited "his kingdom" in Croatia ?

I ask, since he was an Italian nobleman, how did he become head of a pro-French state?

Great, really great. I'm have only one question - is prince Aimone the leader of Baden-Wurt? The Italian noble who was crowned as Tomislav II and never visited "his kingdom" in Croatia ?

I ask, since he was an Italian nobleman, how did he become head of a pro-French state?
yes to question 1, Italy and France are allies in WW2.

FKbLAoP.jpg

Information time!
Here it is another dev.diary for upcoming version of TBL mod.

Dev Diary 3
We will add new events and ministers for Ottomans, improve event-chains for entry of Ottomans in WW2:
If Ottomans get defeated in Balkan War political crisis leads to this event:
1.png

Here is three new cabinets as outcome:
2.png

All of this leads to new event chains:
Process of reforms is initiated:
3.png

Which leads to Arab revolts and Kurdish revolution:
4.png

5.png
Economy investments:
6.png

Military investments:
7.png

With British busy in WW2 Coup can be funded in Iraq:
8.png

Iraq can chose two outcomes:
9.png

If coup succeeded Ottomans annex Iraq and get invaded by British:
10.png

11.png

If coup fails Ottomans invade Iraq:
12.png
Empire is divided into Turkish Empire and Sultanate of Levant
13.png

14.png

Process of secularization leads to the revolts by conservatives:
15.png

16.png

Revolts and division Iraq can use to it's advantage by funding a coup:
17.png

Ottomans can respond with military action:
18.png
If Balkan War does not happen then internal problems in empire gives penalties to economy:
19.png

How cool it looks, the economy will work in this version? is that I often run out of resources in my departure with the Ottoman Empire and adding dissension, that makes my industrial efficiency very low and not let me modernize my troops.

How cool it looks, the economy will work in this version? is that I often run out of resources in my departure with the Ottoman Empire and adding dissension, that makes my industrial efficiency very low and not let me modernize my troops.
We will also see to improve that.

Awesome stuff! Definitely looking forward to playing as the Ottomans in the next version :D

Also, would the Iraqi annexation of the Levant be the first step in unifying all the Arabs into one state? Because that would be great fun to play as well :)

Awesome stuff! Definitely looking forward to playing as the Ottomans in the next version :D

Also, would the Iraqi annexation of the Levant be the first step in unifying all the Arabs into one state? Because that would be great fun to play as well :)
There are long term plans for such ideas, but, don't think it will arrive in the upcoming patch.
What does victory in the Balkan War look like exactly?
Ottomans will push to reclaim borders before TBL-WW1 or OTL pre-1878 borders in Balkans, it's the same. Events about that are also added.