• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But what does it mean?!

Was the 'not Victoria 3' video misdirection? Gods, I hope so.

Alright that's it. VICTORIA III CONFIRMED!!!

There are many cultural minorities in Victoria 2, although political minorities can exist in the Roman Senate as well. Religious minorities could fit into both.

Could be either Victoria or Rome. Both of these periods saw empires and states including minority populations of culture, ethnic and religious kinds.

At least it's looking very unlikely to be Vikings.
What do you mean by vikings? CK2 is already the game which covers vikings, and Runemaster isn't going to reannounced. There is no reason for PDS to do another vikings game, when Victoria 2 doesn't have a sequel, and neither Antiquity, nor the Cold War are covered.

There are many cultural minorities in Victoria 2, although political minorities can exist in the Roman Senate as well. Religious minorities could fit into both.

Yep, exactly. Still not a definitive teaser. The balance still hangs between both games for me, since I learned that they explicitely denied the existence of CK2 until the very last minute before announcement. That pretty much renders any previous statement by Johan null and void. In any case, I'm not expecting to get a clear and obvious hint in here. That's just Johan toying with our feelings and hopes all over again.

Well, even if I'm a Vickyphile at heart, and obviously praying for it, I wouldn't mind Rome 2 either. As long as it's good, and let's you play since the infancy of the Roman kingdom to the downfall of the Western Empire. It could be grand.

The good news is that, in both cases, the release date should be less than six months away, so we won't have to suffer too much waiting while being overhyped by dev diaries.

In my opionion rome 2 is confirmed.
I don‘t want to think that they would openly lie to us.

I started to feel like this is going to be new title targeting new era, around 50s to 2010s.

Definitely pointing towards that. Woah, I'd be amazed if the team made a modern or CW game. Yet, it could still be an ancient era game.