Surveying Automation Idea/Concept (w/ Picture!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

minami26

Sergeant
5 Badges
May 6, 2016
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Shadowrun Returns
I am proposing a mainstay mission in the Situation Log to automate the surveying of star systems by choosing a science ship and issuing an Expedition mission.

xCO5Zd8.jpg

* Clicking on a surveying option shows the [Select Science Ship] window to choose one.
* Clicking on a Science Ship frame goes its location.
* Anomalies are as is if you choose to research the anomaly the science ship will do so and once finished continue on surveying.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
How is a science ship supposed to know what will provide minerals or not? You know what the planet types are, so I can see surveying for habitable planets, but searching for specific resources doesn't seem possible. That's basically just, "Survey EVERYTHING".

Reactions:
How is a science ship supposed to know what will provide minerals or not? You know what the planet types are, so I can see surveying for habitable planets, but searching for specific resources doesn't seem possible. That's basically just, "Survey EVERYTHING".
Well yeah It sounds redundant but just not search for unsurveyed "habitable" planets. just for anybody who wants it or not. :)

Reactions: