• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aunel

Master of the Universe
76 Badges
Feb 18, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
Hey everyone. The last week or so I have been working on a submod with the aim of bringing a little more diversity to the vampires in EK. As of right now, only the Volkihar, Morrowind and Cyrodillic Order clans have unique flavor, but traits for all known bloodlines exist, and all bloodlines that have a clan are joinable (if you pass their tests, of course).

You get a bloodline trait automatically or through a new event. Which bloodline you get (to choose from) depends on the location of the capital of your character, or the character you received vampirism from. I couldn't find anything about bloodlines for Elsweyr and Alinor, so those regions currently don't have any bloodlines assigned to them.

All bloodlines are entirely handled through traits, flags, and events. There are no societies, so vampire players are free to join any guild they wish.

General features:

- Ask your vampire spouse or friend, or any known vampire in your realm, to turn you.
- Events that make being a vampire a little more dangerous, but with rewards if you don't die or fail.
- Aging, with bigger bonuses for older vampires (elder is possible from 200 years old, ancient from 450).

Features for the Volkihar bloodline:

- You can join Harkon's Volkihar clan and get the benefits of being part of his court, or you can remain independent. Both sides have events associated with them.
- The possibility of being turned into a vampire lord (only if you're in the clan).
- A strong enough Volkihar player can assume primacy over the clan after kicking Harkon out of his castle.
- Edit: Most of this stuff is weird/doesn't work for Harkon himself.

Features for the Morrowind bloodlines:

- You can join any of the three clans featured in TES3. Each come with their own benefits and events. If you join a clan, the other two will send agents to try and subvert you.
- Or you can stay independent, and face down the efforts of all three clans trying to undermine you.
- A strong enough vampire player can assume primacy over their clan, even if they are not part of it. To do this, you need to defeat the sitting lord/lady.

Features for the Cyrodiil bloodline:

- You can join the secretive Order, which has members scattered around the courts of Cyrodiil, if you can convince them you have what it takes. The benefits of this are great, as you'll have a personal mentor overseeing your training.
- Or you can strike out on your own, but freedom comes at a price, as you'll risk being hunted down by the territorial Order.
- The Order has no formal leadership position you can overtake, and the fledglings of its bloodline are weaker than those others, but live long enough and you'll surpass them.

Features for the Illiac Bloodlines:

- A stronger emphasis on rivalries between bloodlines.
- A strong enough vampire player can assume primacy over their clan, even if they are not part of it. To do this, you need to defeat the sitting lord/lady.
- Conquer the area in which another bloodline lives and you can attempt to wipe them all out.
- Proclaim yourself the true Lord/Lady of the Illiac vampires after all other bloodlines have been destroyed.

Download non-SVN version here. (If you downloaded the main mod from Steam or from this forum and have no idea what SVN means, get this version).

Download SVN version here.

Installation: Just put unzip the file into the same folder the EKSVN map is in.

This is my first time doing anything modding related to CKII, so if you encounter any bugs or have any feedback, please do tell me!

Screenshots:
Find out which bloodline you are part of.

xCvtugH.jpg

Find out if Harkon thinks you are cool enough to join his club or not.

0Suo9N0.jpg

Become super old.

EsIfoWX.jpg

Fire Harkon and take his job.

9hSg92K.jpg

Being a vampire in Morrowind isn't all it's cracked up to be.

ZjG0vr9.jpg

Find out if your clan's boss thinks you are cool enough to join his/her club.

bvhVRNh.jpg

Suffer fools who think their bloodline is better (it's not).

hFmlsFc.jpg

Impress hot vampiresses.

6gqgYzv.jpg

Be a jerk to Argonians.

7d3eN50.jpg

Oh, you thought being a vampire was fun? Well guess what, it comes with horrible nightmares every day!

GTvoYaz.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds pretty neat.

Really interesting. I hope that you will add the other bloodlines, and maybe something on the imperial vampires societies? In the end, an immortal ruler doesn't need the classic guilds forever...

There is only one vampire bloodline in Cyrodiil as far as I am aware, and it will be implemented sometime in the future. I want that one to have a more secretive upscale society feel to it. For now, I am working on the Morrowind ones, but they're almost done.

I don't think I'll make any bloodline have an actual ck2 society bound to them, as there would be only a few members, and it wouldn't work that different from what it does, now. Besides, infiltrating the guilds is fun :D

For some reason when I use sub-mods with EKSVN a bug happens where it won't allow me to play any character, nor make a character with Ruler Designer. Like how you can't play Theocracies. Maybe I'm not installing right, or putting them in the wrong spots?

Just a thought, Aunel, but could you post some screenshots?

I'll do that, thank you for the feedback.

Tried it today...everything works fine if you're a normal vampire, but the Molag Bal vampirism doesn't give the decision. It make sense lore wise, so I guess it's working as intended?

Yea, that is by design. If Molag turns you, you don't really belong to any bloodline but your own. I guess I can turn that off since there aren't many other ways to get vampirism through normal gameplay. I might make something for pureblooded vampires and vampires in areas without bloodlines, but that'd be after adding in all the bloodline related stuff.

For some reason when I use sub-mods with EKSVN a bug happens where it won't allow me to play any character, nor make a character with Ruler Designer. Like how you can't play Theocracies. Maybe I'm not installing right, or putting them in the wrong spots?

Hmm, that is weird. Does that happen for with all submods? Does the main mod (without any submods) work fine?

All I can say for is that you have to make sure your SVN is up to date, and you put the maps in the right place, which should be the same place the SVN map is in. For me that's Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod. Also, make sure the eksubVampires.mod file is in that same map.

I'll do that, thank you for the feedback.

Hmm, that is weird. Does that happen for with all submods? Does the main mod (without any submods) work fine?

All I can say for is that you have to make sure your SVN is up to date, and you put the maps in the right place, which should be the same place the SVN map is in. For me that's Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod. Also, make sure the eksubVampires.mod file is in that same map.

At the time my SVN was up to date, and I've tried it with your sub-mod and a portrait/unit replacer sub-mod. So I should have both files from your mod in the CK2 mod file alongside the EKSVN file, do I need to put anything in the EKSVN file? I may be misunderstanding something.

Well, the only other way is asking Clavicus Vile for immortality, but it's a pretty much random option so yeah, even with that it's quite difficult to become a vampire. Maybe a decision for asking a vampire courtier to turn your character?

At the time my SVN was up to date, and I've tried it with your sub-mod and a portrait/unit replacer sub-mod. So I should have both files from your mod in the CK2 mod file alongside the EKSVN file, do I need to put anything in the EKSVN file? I may be misunderstanding something.

No, you shouldn't put anything in the EKSVN map itself.

So, just to be clear, does it happen if you run Elder Kings with only my submod? And does it not happen when you run just Elder Kings, without any submods? Also, what tooltip do you get when you hover over the Play button of a character you are supposed to be able to play?

No, you shouldn't put anything in the EKSVN map itself.

So, just to be clear, does it happen if you run Elder Kings with only my submod? And does it not happen when you run just Elder Kings, without any submods? Also, what tooltip do you get when you hover over the Play button of a character you are supposed to be able to play?

I just went back to test it and I found the problem. I had the Ruler Designer Unlocked mod enabled as the same time as your submod. That's what was causing the bug, I didn't think RDU was the problem. Because it runs with just EKSVN enabled (I mean it doesn't work with EKSVN), but didn't cause the bug. I should be able to play now, I'll let you know if I have anymore problems. Thanks.

If you're taking suggestions, could I suggest another feature to add? A desicion to create your own clan when you ask Molag Bal to make you a pureblood vampire, could be with some flavour such as picking the gimmick of your clan. Obviously could be added after you finish with pre-existing clans.

Well, the only other way is asking Clavicus Vile for immortality, but it's a pretty much random option so yeah, even with that it's quite difficult to become a vampire. Maybe a decision for asking a vampire courtier to turn your character?

I added the feature and uploaded a new version. It requires the vampire to be known (benevolent or not), have 50 opinion of you, and they have to be either the same realm as you, your spouse, or your friend.

FhcjcWJ.jpg

If you're taking suggestions, could I suggest another feature to add? A desicion to create your own clan when you ask Molag Bal to make you a pureblood vampire, could be with some flavour such as picking the gimmick of your clan. Obviously could be added after you finish with pre-existing clans.

Thanks for the feedback! When I get around to adding custom clans, I'll probably do something like you suggested, and maybe have a lesser version of those custom clans for vampires in the Summerset Isles and Elsweyr, since those don't have any clans (that I know of, at any rate).

There is a possibility to be rejected (it's actually 50/50 without factoring in traits) and a 5 year cooldown on the interaction per vampire. There's no chance of dying in the process, since it's really just the same option EK gives you when a vampire comes out to you personally, and it doesn't have that.

Update: Added the Cyrodiil Vampyrum Order bloodline. New vampires, be they played characters of ai, should now get bloodlines assigned automatically.

Last edited:
So any future plans to implement the tyranny of the sun prophecy? Would be a nice semi-crossover with the legacy of the snow prince submod although it doesn't need to be. I was thinking that completing the prophecy would cause an increased rate of vampire attacks across nirn in the form of province modifiers or even events that cause the clans to come out of hiding to grab land, vampire revolts, anything non-vampire related that hypothetically arises in a situation without the sun etc.

Just thought it would be a nice end of the world alternative to the current daedric invasion events.