• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cody Spring

C#/.NET
31 Badges
Dec 24, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities in Motion 2
Historical and Fantastical Artifacts

This mod is an on-going project of mine to flesh out the artifacts in the game, one region at a time. My goal is to add in new artifacts that work alongside the vanilla artifacts, with the capability to find them in the same way to find vanilla ones, as well as much grander artifacts (such as Excalibur) that you will go on a quest for (somewhat similar to the Immortal quest event chain).

This mod, in it's current state, adds in 45 new artifacts to the game. Currently, only 18 are not related to the British Isles/Celtic Religion, as the British Isles is the only region I've been working on thus far, but the other regions will come into this mod as well in the future.

All artifacts are complete with graphics and such, and are balanced around the vanilla artifacts to (hopefully) not be found to be overpowered.

NOTE: The Excalibur quest is not complete, and is not in this version as I am still working on it.

Artifacts
British Isles Artifacts
Swords
Excalibur - The name of Excalibur changes depending on what culture you are playing. It is received through an event quest chain. The Excalibur Quest Chain is only seen if you have Fantasy enabled.

Claíomh Solais - Irish Mythology, "Sword of Light". Found through Vanilla artifact search system.

Cruadh Chosgarach - "Hard Destroying One". Vanilla search.

Cosgarach Mhor - "Great Triumphant One". Vanilla search.

Dyrnwyn - "White-hilt". Rare event while having the "Hunting" Way of Life focus.

Singing Sword - Vanilla Search, must be Poet to find.

Egeking - Vanilla search.

Hrunting - Vanilla search

Arondight - Spawns on Sir Lancelot from the Excalibur quest.

Grail Sword - Vanilla search. Must be Christian.

Gáe Bulg - Vanilla search

Ceremonial Swords
Clarent - Vanilla search

Nægling - Vanilla search

Fragarach - Vanilla search

Curtana - Event when holding Kingdom of England.

Other
Cohuleen Druith - Event. Must have Fantasy enabled.

Ring of Dispel - Excalibur questline

Necklace of the Lady of the Lake - Excalibur Questline

Mantle of Arthur - Excalibur Questline

Mantle of Tegau Gold-breast - Vanilla search, must be female, and not lustful.

Stone and Ring of Eluned the Fortunate - Excalibur Questline

Hamper of Gwyddno Garanhir - Vanilla search. Fantasy.

Whetstone of Tudwal Tudglyd - Vanilla search.

Adder Stone - Vanilla search. Fantasy.
Celtic Religion Artifacts
Spear of Lugh - Vanilla search

Ceard nan Gallan - Vanilla search

Fey Wand - Rare event, must be changeling. Fantasy.

Other Artifacts
Sword of Attila - Event while playing Tengri ruler.

Gramr - Event, must be playing Norse/Germanic religion. After you slay the Dragon from the vanilla 'Dragon!' event, after some time there is a chance your sword will become famous (Gramr).

Eckesachs - Gained after an event where you fight a Giant. Fantasy.

Colada - Spawns on Count Rodrigo of Valencia in the 1094 start date.
Tizona - Spawns on Count Rodrigo of Valencia in the 1094 start date.

Durendal - Spawns on Charlemagne's paladin, Roland.

Joyeuse - Spawns on Charlemagne

Legbiter - Spawns on King Magnus of Norway in the 1099 start date.

Skofnung - Vanilla artifact search, when in Denmark area.

Zulfiqar - Spawns on random Muslim ruler.

Szczerbiec - Event when holding the Kingdom of Poland.

Death Mask of Tutankhamun - Kemetic Religion. Vanilla search event.

Holy Crown of Hungary - Event when holding Kingdom of Hungary.

Dead Sea Scrolls - Vanilla search.

Rosetta Stone - Vanilla Search when holding land in Egypt.

Nefertiti Bust - Vanilla Search when holding land in Egypt.

Grail of Baal Hammon - Caananite Religion. Vanilla search.

Mask of Agamemnon - Hellenic Religion. Vanilla search.

To Do (in this order)
- Finish Excalibur Questline
- Coronation Artifact (Crown Jewels) Overhaul
Each kingdom that has crown jewels IRL will receive those crown jewels, rather than the "catch-all" crown jewels for each religion. Things such as Curtana will be integrated into this. These will no longer give more stats than the vanilla crown jewels give. You will only receive the unique crown jewels when getting the highest quality crown jewels.
- West and East Roman Empire expansion

STEAM WORKSHOP LINK

Attachments

• HAFA v0.21 Manual.zip
    1,3 MB · Views: 636
Last edited:
I speak only for myself (as in: not for the team) when I say I really like this idea for a submod. I was testing it myself tonight and noticed it threw a few error log entries you might want to look into.

[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: temple_opinion, near line: 236" in file: "common/artifacts/hafa_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: religious_enemy, near line: 237" in file: "common/artifacts/hafa_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: piety, near line: 250" in file: "common/artifacts/hafa_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Undefined modifier type! token: damage, near line: 252" in file: "common/artifacts/hafa_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Malformed token: .25, near line: 706" in file: "common/artifacts/hafa_artifacts.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: focus, near line: 55" in file: "events/hafa_events.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: focus, near line: 143" in file: "events/hafa_events.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: modifier, near line: 2947" in file: "events/mnm_artifacts_events.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: modifier, near line: 2948" in file: "events/mnm_artifacts_events.txt"
[persistent.cpp:40]: Error: "Unexpected token: narrative_event, near line: 2953" in file: "events/mnm_artifacts_events.txt"

Here are my thoughts on fixes:
1) temple_opinion is not the right modifier there, you want church_opinion
2) "religious_enemy" and "damage" modifiers need to be inside a command_modifier block, like they are in traits. This usage should work in artifacts as well: vanilla's 00_artifacts uses it a few times.
3) You probably want "monthly_character_piety" here, I don't think you can add a flat piety bonus in a trait or an arttifact.
4) the game tends to whine if decimal numbers are not preceded by a leading zero for some reason. I don't know if it still calculates properly using them - I would assume not.
5) Assuming you want those artifacts to be only findable while using the hunting focus, you can't do that in a pre-trigger, you need to include "has_focus = focus_hunting" in the relevant event's trigger clause instead.
6) I actually have no idea what could be causing the errors in mmm_artifacts_events. However, I would advise that, instead of checking long lists of individual counties in the British Isles with "has_landed_title", you make use of region checks like so:
Code:
any_demesne_title = {
    region = world_europe_west_brittania
}

There are lots of other defined regions that might be useful - check map\geographical_region.txt for a list.

I hope this is helpful!

I would approve on this getting added to the main game, as long as the "fantasy" ones disabled with the Supernatural game rule (which already may be the case? I didn't really catch that).
Anyway, sounds cool :)

I would approve on this getting added to the main game, as long as the "fantasy" ones disabled with the Supernatural game rule (which already may be the case? I didn't really catch that).
Anyway, sounds cool :)

That's the plan! The only thing I'm not sure about is where to draw the line with items from mythology. Perhaps do like they do with the Holy Grail in vanilla, where if Supernatural is turned on, you get THE holy grail, but if its turned off, you get a less powerful cup that you think is the holy grail.

Reactions:
While ultimately it's up to @Cody Spring and the Plus team, I do believe this mod's integration would be appealing, I also believe it would be beneficial for the Plus devs since they wouldn't necessarily need to worry about working in many artifacts if they ever planned to. This however would mean that Cody would have to stay on top of updates to this mod which can become somewhat inconvenient. Anyways, I second for it to be implemented into the main branch whenever if ever.

I have a question/ suggestion, @Cody Spring - Why doesn't Joyouse give a personal combat modifier, but a diplomacy boost? Perhaps it should be a ceremonial weapon instead?

Right! It'll be ceremonial in the next update :)

Can you provide a manual download link? Mediafire or even google drive. The steam workshop doesnt seem to cooperate with me...

Sure! I'll update the OP with a download link.

Durendal didn't spawn on Roland this last game I ran btw.

Will be fixed in next version!

If having an inventory is a vanilla feature, then I think you'll be fine without MnM; however, if the inverse is true then I think you'll need it.
Inventory is vanilla (patch).
It's just that many of the base game artifacts will only spawn if you have the DLC, but that does not affect this mod.

Hey OP, I figured you can add an indicator to show when is the current submod version being uploaded. This can allow us to keep track of a new update (or just do a changelog list). Just for those of us who come back to ck2 once a while :D