• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
O

Onrab

HIP - Unique Buildings
Introduction

This is a submod for Historical Immersion Project overhaul mod. The mod adds lots of permanent and buildable buildings to the holdings all around the world, from India to Scotland, from Ethiopia to Sweden.

Workshop Link

Added buildings by me so far:

• Library of Urbino
  • Nuremberg Castle
  • Prague Castle
  • Sanchi Stupa ( India )
  • Kraków Academy
  • Lalibela Churches ( Ethiopia )
  • Minaret of Jam ( Afghanistan )
  • Ruins of Hatra ( Iraq )
  • Noric-Pannonian Limes
  • Pannonian Limes
  • Moesian Limes
  • Santiago de Compostela Cathedral
  • Cluny Abbey
  • Scone Abbey
  • Great Lavra
  • Canterbury Cathedral
  • Hagia Sophia (in Thessaloniki)
  • Imperial Abbey of Quedlinburg
  • Castel del Monte
  • Visby Ringmur
  • Kiev Pechersk Lavra
  • Saint Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk
  • Cathedral of St. Sophia in Novgorod
  • Rurikovo Gorodische
  • Pisa Cathedral
  • Aachen Cathedral
  • Lund Cathedral
  • Schola Medica Salernitana
  • Saint Catherine's Monastery
  • Lucera Castle
  • Basilica of San Vitale

Compatibility:
  • Historical Immersion Project/ HIP (SMWH) 2.8.x, beside that it should be compatible with almost every HIP mod/submod
  • NOT Ironman compatible.

Credits
Morrolan

Last edited by a moderator:
It works! But by the way, you have a misnaming going on: The name the zip of the mod gets when you download it off from the workshop isn't the same as the one in the ini so no content loads at all.

Also, I don't think its intended, but you can build multiple copies of buildings, for example I can build the palace of constantinople on both castles that are on the county. Venice can build an arsenal on all cities in the county. I think the code needs to check for the specific barony, not the county, isn't it possible to copy the code for the theodosian walls?

Last edited:
The workshop file has spaces in it wheras the file in here and in the ini has underscores, I think it makes a difference.

The files for arsenals in the vanilla game have this line:

ct_rep_arsenal_3 = {
potential = {
FROM = {
capital_holding = {
title = FROMFROM
}
is_merchant_republic =

would this work?

Thanks for the update, everything is working fine now. There is technically still an exploit tho. Looking at the code, you understandably added the barony requirement only to the buildings in provinces that have more than one specific type of building, like Constantinople, but this leaves open the option to build another barony and get the bonus again. For example Urbino has an open slot that can be used to build a new city and get the bonus again, but this is really minor since the AI usually never builds stuff.

I think the buildings should be there more for flavour than anything else, so tone down some of the bonuses, maybe? Prestige gain and fort level in some cases are more than enough

I think the buildings should be there more for flavour than anything else, so tone down some of the bonuses, maybe? Prestige gain and fort level in some cases are more than enough

Agreed!
definitely better to keep them on the cosmetic side, for realism's sake and to avoid unforeseen exploits

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!
I have updated the mod and nerfed some buildings. A direct download link has been added as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another request: Could you rename the mod to "HIP - Unique Buildings" like in the attachment? That would make it easier to organize submods.

Attachments

• hip mods.png
    hip mods.png
    175,3 KB · Views: 50
Thanks a lot for doing this! I remember telling the mod devs about the original a while back but nothing came of it (they're super busy after all).

What are all the buildings you've added though? I don't see a full list anywhere.

Most of the buildings are from the original mod( which I had updated and reworked), but since then I have added additional ones, these you can see here or on the workshop site of my mod. The list of original ones you can see on the workshop site of the original mod.

I don't think there's any "Unique Buildings" in India or the Tibetan Plateau, or most of North Asia for that matter. Do you think it's possible you could put some in, to promote that area and add some balance?

Well, I was going to suggest starting with the Bhuddas of Bamiyan, but they're already in the base mod it seems. A quick spin around Wikipedia has me suggesting the buildable (before 1190) Minaret of Jam in Afghanistan, the ruins of Hatra in northern iraq, and the buildable 'White Palace' and 'Blue Mosque' in Shahrisabz/Kesh in present day Uzbekistan. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Are all the buildings built relative to the date they where built historically? i.e. for the 1066 start date, would buildings not yet built in actual history (such as Krakow University b. mid 14th century) be only build able rather than already existing.

The only thing that influences the build date is the technology requirement. That is because I didn't want to deal with the history files. It reduces the mod compatibility and slows the speed of mod development down.