• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ArtayOfficial

Herald of Hermaeus Mora
8 Badges
Aug 18, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
[DISCONTINUED]
Due to the lack of time and weak nerves I will stop updating this submod. Feel free to continue my work, but remember to ask CPR+ devs first for permission, as I did back in the day.

Greetings. Although I'm listed here as AlanerPolska, I'm actually Artay, one of the Lore Keepers on the Discord server for Elder Kings. One day, while looking at awful vanilla portraits for norse people, I thought why not use CPR+ and make it compatible with Elder Kings, so I can look at those pretty, clean faces. And guess what - I'll share that with you.

After making few adjustments, so the EK overlay system works correctly and Breton beards are where they're supposed to be and of course after asking for permission from CPR+ authors, I'm finally able to release it.

As for the requirements, they are the same as CPR+ have. Here is the link for their thread in HIP subforum, if you wish to learn more about CPR+:
<Click>

[Download]

This submod was made while using SVN version of Elder Kings, but it should be compatible with normal release version, which is available to download from this subforum. If it does not work, try changing .mod file and replace
dependencies = { "Elder Kings Dev" } to dependencies = { "Elder Kings" } or whatever is the name of the release version(actual name from the launcher, not name of the folder). Have fun.

[Note]
Keep in mind, you don't need original CPR+ to get it to work. Also I'm fully aware that there is compatibility patch on steam workshop, but what is different from this submod and their patch is that mine has overlays working(so Pecua is hagraven, not casual old lady) and it's easier to install(you do not need to download CPR+ separately)

[Credits]
Authors of CPR+:
sifsilver
Ese Khan

Last edited:
Cheers for doing this. I tried to do it myself a year ago but, CPR+'s norse portraits had too many issues for me to deal with. Have you integrated CPR+'s miscellaneous features as well, like traits, for example?

Cheers for doing this. I tried to do it myself a year ago but, CPR+'s norse portraits had too many issues for me to deal with. Have you integrated CPR+'s miscellaneous features as well, like traits, for example?
Thanks for posting and no, I have not integrated CPR+ other features to ensure compatibility. You can list those and maybe I will select few and update the submod. I can't guarantee that though.

Thanks for posting and no, I have not integrated CPR+ other features to ensure compatibility. You can list those and maybe I will select few and update the submod. I can't guarantee that though.

I doubt all of CPR+'s miscellaneous features can be integrated - and if they can, I don't believe they would be applicable for the likes of, say, the Argonians, but .dds files like blinded_eyes, red_dots, boils and scars could be considered for the Nedic/Nedic-like and Mer cultures. I've been toying with the idea myself, and it's been more promising then my previous attempt.

Well. Blinded eyes, red dots, boils and scars don't exactly fit Mer and Beastfolk(Khajiit & Argonians), so they could only go to humans. And I don't think it's possible to make only humans have these.

Great to hear that, Circular.
Just a note. When Holy Fury hits and new CPR+ version comes, I will probably include West Slavic portraits and give them to Colovians.

Noticed that one of the reachman male hairstyles doesn't quite fit the head. It's hairstyle 1, the very closely cut hairstyle. It looks okay in the ruler designer for some reason, but looks off in game.

Yeah no problem. Checked it again, and it doesn't seem to apply to every character. But it seems to apply to most. Notice how the hair doesn't cover the back of the head.

wRG8b6d.jpg

So it only applies to middle-aged people, so between 30 and 50. Good to know that. I don't have means to edit that(because it requires changing graphics, not placement) and I would do it horribly. Let's say he is half bald. It isn't that bad of an issue, is it?

So it only applies to middle-aged people, so between 30 and 50. Good to know that. I don't have means to edit that(because it requires changing graphics, not placement) and I would do it horribly. Let's say he is half bald. It isn't that bad of an issue, is it?

No no, just something I noticed :).

Edit: It might be possible to simply disable this particular hairstyle and replace it with a hairstyle from another culture. I will probably try that myself. Could get back to you and let you know how it worked out if you want?

Last edited:
No no, just something I noticed :).

Edit: It might be possible to simply disable this particular hairstyle and replace it with a hairstyle from another culture. I will probably try that myself. Could get back to you and let you know how it worked out if you want?
There is no way of "disabling this particular hairstyle". It all boils down to editing one .dds file(graphics), because that one file contains all of that specific culture hairstyles. It would be quicker to just correct hairstyle than remove it and replace.

There is no way of "disabling this particular hairstyle". It all boils down to editing one .dds file(graphics), because that one file contains all of that specific culture hairstyles. It would be quicker to just correct hairstyle than remove it and replace.

Yeah, looks pretty involved. Well, that's unfortunate.

Well. Blinded eyes, red dots, boils and scars don't exactly fit Mer and Beastfolk(Khajiit & Argonians), so they could only go to humans. And I don't think it's possible to make only humans have these.

It's possible through 00_portrait_properties by adding a modifier with a factor of 0, under which you can list graphical cultures you don't want using these, for example;

modifier = {
factor = 0
OR = {
graphical_culture = westerngfx
graphical_culture = southerngfx
graphical_culture = celticgfx
graphical_culture = norsegfx
graphical_culture = easternslavicgfx
graphical_culture = byzantinegfx
graphical_culture = africangfx
graphical_culture = chinesegfx
graphical_culture = indiangfx
graphical_culture = altmergfx
graphical_culture = bosmergfx
graphical_culture = chimergfx
graphical_culture = dunmergfx
graphical_culture = dwemergfx
graphical_culture = falmergfx
graphical_culture = orsimergfx
graphical_culture = maormergfx
graphical_culture = ayleidgfx
graphical_culture = dremoragfx
graphical_culture = argoniangfx
graphical_culture = anequinagfx
graphical_culture = pellitinegfx
graphical_culture = kapotungfx
graphical_culture = tangmogfx
graphical_culture = skeletongfx
graphical_culture = draugrgfx
graphical_culture = sloadgfx
}
}

Currently I'm trying to limit this to the Tsaesci and Kamal for varying reasons but based on my tests this seems to work for all graphical cultures with the exception of the Colovians, though I'm not sure why. It appears as though they're using the westerngfx, but I'll have to check.

Any chance of this mod being incorporated into the main mod seeing as your involved in its production? It would make things much simpler than managing the main mods updates and compatibility and all the numerous supplementary immersion mods like this.

Any chance of this mod being incorporated into the main mod seeing as your involved in its production? It would make things much simpler than managing the main mods updates and compatibility and all the numerous supplementary immersion mods like this.
1. This submod changes files that are not conflicting with main mod, which means that it will remain compatible for a very long time.
2. This submod will not be incorporated into main mod, as I did not gain permission to do so. I got permission to make it into a submod and it will not change in that matter. I won't ask CPR+ authors for this specific permission and I don't want anyone to ask on my behalf.
3. Furthermore, it will not be included, as not everyone wants to have it as default. The beauty of it being a submod enables people to choose whether they want those portraits or not. I won't enforce it.

its there, its covered in 00_portrait_properties.txt under '# p6 imprisoned'

It needs some jiggering to get the feature to work properly as it is more or less a straight rip of the version for EMF.

The graphic file for the helmets is of course, imprisoned.dds in the shared folder in gfx/characters/shared