• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zeress

Retired CK2+ Dev
67 Badges
Mar 4, 2012
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
This is a sub-mod for converting CK2+ to the EU4 overhaul mod Veritas et Fortitudo (VeF).

It will convert your CK2+ save completely to VeF, including ancient religions.

This converter supplement also replaces the standard method of establishing which technology group each nation starts as with a custom designed system. As such, the actual tech group won't be setup until the initial VeF setup events are done. Things like religion and capital location are taken into affect, but sadly the actual development of your lands in CK2+ cannot be taken over. This is a limitation with the converter itself.

This is an unofficial submod for CK2+, so please direct any question etc to this thread not the regular bug report thread for CK2+

Screenshot 2016-03-19 15.12.15.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
The sub-mod correctly works for the following pairing:

CK2+: 4.03.2
VeF: 3.1 Alpha

You can click on the above links to get the relevant versions of the mods.

Download Links to the latest version of the CK2+ to VeF sub-mod.

For CK2+ 4.04.X
For CK2+ 4.03.2

The sub-mod is currently in Beta status and has the following known issues:
  • National Ideas need to be properly assigned and created in general

Last edited:
Reactions:
interesting. Veritas is severely out of date from base EU 4, but, still interesting.

edit: never mind, will apparently be updated soon.

Last edited:
edit: never mind, will apparently be updated soon.

Yup. I had been interested in doing this for a while, but they were out of date so I figured a lot of people might shy away because of it. I am currently updating with their in dev version (while returning the favor by doing some testing for them) on 1.15.

Reactions:
Yup. I had been interested in doing this for a while, but they were out of date so I figured a lot of people might shy away because of it. I am currently updating with their in dev version (while returning the favor by doing some testing for them) on 1.15.
very nice!

Speaking of which, the alpha version of VeF has been released to the public today, so I'll share an in-progress pic of the conversion process. Province ID assignment sadly takes by far the longest to do.

I used the Millenium bookmark as a starting point for the previews. Note that anything Catholic, Orthodox etc is not yet done.
Screenshot 2016-03-06 23.01.29.jpg Screenshot 2016-03-06 23.01.37.jpg

Reactions:
Speaking of which, the alpha version of VeF has been released to the public today, so I'll share an in-progress pic of the conversion process. Province ID assignment sadly takes by far the longest to do.

I used the Millenium bookmark as a starting point for the previews. Note that anything Catholic, Orthodox etc is not yet done.
View attachment 162408 View attachment 162409
Awesome!

(i've been playing the alpha all day)

Great work Zeress, I would like to participate as a tester after you release the first version.

I'll be sure to PM you when the time comes.

Reporting in with a sort of mini-DD. Here's the newest progress pic so far:

Screenshot 2016-03-12 10.11.58.jpg

What's not obvious in the pic, as I converted ARs to animism for easier illustration purposes, is that the conversion of all ancient religions now work in VeF. Want to play as the great mighty Tuatha empire in a titanic struggle with China? Soon you can!

In addition I wanted to cover a system I just finished last night. I developed a complete override of the way tech groups are assigned with the converter, as the base decision factors in the EU4C do not work well with VeF. A lot of factors go into the decision process of what decides who gets clumped into what tech group but bigger factors include geography and religion. Sadly there is not much in the way of info to pass along into EU4 but I hope this will produce results that will make at least a bit more sense.
With that being said VeF's modernization systems are, for me personally, a highlight of the mod so no one is truly screwed in terms of tech group. It's certainly a much better system than having half the (CK2) world be muslim tech group.

Until next time!

Last edited:
The sub-mod is complete and has entered public beta.

Please report any issues you may have with it and enjoy. Download link can be found in the 2nd post

Are you sure you are using the right versions etc? This is only for one version of VeF and CK2+, as listed above. I don't get a CTD at all when loading a conversion.

Last edited:
AFAIK both CK2+ and VeF are in correct versions. I could provide savegames if need be.

Sure, though I'm not sure it would help too much. The converter DLC itself is.... bad in general. I've had issues with it for over 2 years now that Paradox doesn't seem to care about despite repeated reports. It's extremely frustrating to say the least.

Took a year for anyone to care nearly. She's dead.