• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JimJ4m

Head of Community
1 Badges
Jan 7, 2019
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
StreamingEvent.png

Age of Wonders: Planetfall’s first external streaming event is finally coming this weekend, and we have a full schedule for all of you interested in seeing more of the game!

We will be covering all participants here in this thread, and update it as we get closer to the stream date (NOW on Thursday the 16th).

Please note that all times are in CEST, and that we will fill in more streamers as their times get locked in!

thursday.png

17:00 - Aavak (Youtube)
18:00 - 21:00 Yogcast
20:00 - Aavak (Twitch)
20:00 - OpheliaNoir
20:00 HugoThester
21:00 - Koinsky
22:00 - sips_

Unconfimed time - Lambert2191

friday.png

01:00 - TrumpSC
11:00 - 15:00 sips_
11:30-14:00 P3 Spel
14:00-16:00 Dhalucard
14:00 -18:00 P4wnyhof
17:00 - 21:00 SirSlaw
18:00 - 20:00 Skate702
20:00 - 00:00 Writing Bull
20:00 - 22:00 KeysJore
20:00 - 22:00 earliboy
21:00 - 01:00 aypierre

Unconfirmed time - Thorlar

saturday.png

00:00 - 04:00 Bajheera
01:00 - TrumpSC
05:00 - 09:00 Grimmmz
10:00 - 14.00 BurkeBlack
11:00 - 13:00 Dhalucard
15:00 -19:00 Danotage
17:00 - 21:00 OrionStream
17:00 - 19:00 МИР ММО ИГР
19:00 - 23:00 Dodger
20:00 - 00:00 Writing Bull
20:00 - Quill18
20:00 - 22:00 Keysjore
21:00 - Koinsky

sunday.png

08:00 - 12:00 Crendor
14:00 - 16:00 Dhalucard
16:00 - 23:00 Writing Bull
18:00 - 20:00 Keysjore
20:00 - Quill18
22:30 - 02:30 - Ohmwrecker

monday.png

01:00 - 05:00 Nixxiom

Okay! That’s it from me now, enjoy some quality streaming this weekend … and remember… DISMOUNT THAT DINOSAUR! ;)

Last edited:
This is a disastrous move and one that potentially will cause more harm than good. Whoever thought picking these specific streamers was a good idea, you are reaching down the wrong path.

Showing off your game to streamers can be an amazing thing; reaching millions of potentially new customers, but these people are for the most part the wrong choices. Most of them aren't interested in 4X, AoW and turn-based strategy and in turn this means their audience most likely won't care about them either. Whilst in general reaching "higher audience numbers" can be a good thing, it's a moot point if said audience doesn't care about the product they're being shown.

By next week, these shill streamers would have moved on to their next game and so too their audience, and nothing or minuscule of value will be gained.

Where it can hurt the brand more than do good is through human error and incompetence. These streamers, when compared to others, aren't as good at these types of games and potentially will make the game itself look worse. If a player is playing bad at the game and this is somebody's first impression of the brand, they most likely will lose interest very fast. This is, of course, even considering if said audience is already interested in strategy games.

What you SHOULD have done is pick streamers, with varying audience viewership, who know what they are talking about and can provide intellectual and insightful commentary. Starting with ChristopherOdd and Marbozir, who high viewership, their audiences are strategy enthusiasts and crave these kinds of games. This means that there is a very very high chance the audience will buy the game (and previous games) because we have two competent, intelligent, content creators who know what they are doing and talking about, "selling" the game to an audience already interested in strategy. Next, you should have given preview builds to streamers such as Indrid Casts, Black Arrow Gaming, DasTactic, Quill18 & Bishmanrock. All these content creators are heavily interested in the AoW brand and some of them even play it to this day. Not only that, but they are familiar with how AoW3 works and they can for sure provide unique commentary about Planetfall as they will see things the streamers in the OP will definitely not pick up on. I mean, Quill18 did Golden Realms preview and Marbozir did the Eternal Lords preview - why not use them again???

It's a shame, and upsetting, to see Planetfall being used as a test dummy against "popular" streamers just to get higher numbers (of people who aren't into strategy games), as opposed to empowering the targeted audience that 4X games are meant for. I sincerely hope whoever thought this nonsensical marketing idea can change their mind and see the potential in giving the game to content creators who love, appreciate and play games like Planetfall.

I am quite confused on the selection of streamers as well. I had expected Quill18 at the very least and am wondering why Dodger is chosen for instance. I'm with Plumbbiscuit on that this may actually do more harm than good.

It does seem like an odd selection in that they've entirely missed the prominent 4x streamers that I know of. Perhaps they have the strategy to target entirely new people, having faith that strategy/4x fans already know Planetfall's coming out? Seems like a bold strategy to not even have a mix. Feel a little sad for my dude Dastactic who has streamed full games of Age of Wonders 3 to completion every few months since the day it released, and gushed about his love for the game all the way!

Still, will be glad to see some uninterrupted footage of the game. I tuned in for one of the Planetfall hour slots during the charity stream and unfortunately there were a lot of interruptions and not a lot of actual gameplay to see.

I can certainly understand people's concerns. A lot of people on that list who don't seem to have a lot of 4X/general strategy experience, at least going by their video archives.
I'd point out that just because they don't stream it, doesn't mean they don't play it. As much as any of us don't care for it, shooters seem to be what Twitch runs off of, for the most part.

The ones that seem to have some strategy in their archives:
  • orionstreamrus
  • burkeblack
  • sips_
  • aypierre
  • МИР ММО ИГР
I won't lie, I'd rather watch Quill18 or PotatoMcWhiskey myself, but we've got plenty of time.

This is very odd indeed. I appreciate the need to try and get your game out there but the choice of steamers seems really jarring.

Like all the comments above I'm concerned this will do more harm than good. I'll be checking the steam over the weekend to see for myself though!

#hypetrain

Guys, I understand your "protest" - but every regular on this board, everyone who has preordered already and everyone hellbent on buying the game basically doesn't need a(nother) stream to confirm what they already know, while everyone naturally interested in these kind of games not covered by those above will watch one or more streams when the game has been released or shortly before.
So targeting a broad GAMING audience in order to attract the attention of people who aren't NATURALLY interested seems to be the right move. You won't lose any customers and can only gain any.

Secondly, the text says, it's the FIRST external streaming event, so there may be more.

The only thing I find a bit odd is doing it 3 months before release. For the broader public who might not generally be interested in this kind of game 3 months seems an awfully long attention span.

Generally speaking I think it's good to reach out to people that are at the edges of your niche or just outside of it.

I rarely watch gaming streams, but I recognize BurkeBlack as a streamer who's done quite a bit of Total War: Warhammer streams. If players of that game are his type of audience then I think it would be pretty good for Planetfall to be shown to them. The Total War games' playerbase is a LOT bigger than Age of Wonders' and I'm pretty sure many of them would enjoy a game like Planetfall. So a good example of someone you want streaming your game, I'd say.

Generally speaking I think it's good to reach out to people that are at the edges of your niche or just outside of it.

I rarely watch gaming streams, but I recognize BurkeBlack as a streamer who's done quite a bit of Total War: Warhammer streams. If players of that game are his type of audience then I think it would be pretty good for Planetfall to be shown to them.

I think people are mostly concerned about the streamers who seem to be solely devoted to things like PUBG and Fortnite. It's may be a disservice to them, since we have no idea what these people play when they're not streaming, but their archives are all we have to go by.

Programs like this often seem like they leave people disappointed since peoples' preferences of streamer tend to be rather specific. Doubly so for the more hardcore parts of a community, which aren't well served by people who're new to the series or even the genre. They'd be the people who already follow streamers who spend time playing present Age of Wonders games.

But either way, doesn't Sips play strategy games including Paradox ones? He seems to be in line to have the most time with the game.

Last edited:
I care less about the streamers , then I do about what we can learn about the game from the streams.

Ahh but the 2 go together surely?

Ideally you want a streamer who knows enough about the game that you get interested and learn something.

My only real worry is that, from what we know, PF is more complex than AoW3, and AoW3 isn't something you just pick up and play from scratch.

It'll be interesting to see these guys play if they've never played it before.

I haven't checked these streamers in particular but we need to realize Triumph is launching Planetfall to both Playstation and Xbox instead of only on pc, like with AoW3. Reaching out to a broader audience may well be to reach those console players, while the pc players are already invested.

True that none of those Streamers seem to be well known in 4x/strategy circles but I don't think it will do harm either. Exposing the game to as many people as possible is generally good.

View attachment 480245
Age of Wonders: Planetfall’s first external streaming event is finally coming this weekend, and we have a full schedule for all of you interested in seeing more of the game!

We will be covering all participants here in this thread, and update it as we get closer to the stream date (NOW on Thursday the 16th).

Please note that all times are in CEST, and that we will fill in more streamers as their times get locked in!

View attachment 480253
We are confirming times with our streaming partners for Thursday, much more to come!

17:00 - sips_

View attachment 480258
14:00-16:00 Dhalucard
14:00 -18:00 P4wnyhof
17:00 - 21:00 SirSlaw
20:00 - 22:00 KeysJore
21:00 - 01:00 aypierre
All day - sips_

View attachment 480255
00:00 - 04:00 Bajheera
05:00 - 09:00 Grimmmz
10:00 - 14.00 BurkeBlack
11:00 - 13:00 Dhalucard
15:00 -19:00 Danotage
17:00 - 21:00 OrionStream
17:00 - 19:00 МИР ММО ИГР
19:00 - 23:00 Dodger
20:00 - 22:00 Keysjore

View attachment 480256
08:00 - 12:00 Crendor
14:00 - 16:00 Dhalucard
18:00 - 20:00 Keysjore

View attachment 480254
01:00 - 05:00 Nixxiom

Okay! That’s it from me now, enjoy some quality streaming this weekend … and remember… DISMOUNT THAT DINOSAUR! ;)
Sips? Nice to see him with Paradox I hope we can see more of him in the future

With so many streams coming I hope at least few of them will be good. And I hope they will be allow to show us more, not just Vanguard again.

The factions open for the event is: Vanguard, Kir'ko, Amazon and Dvar. Plus all the secret techs. Hopefully you will see something new and cool.