Stellaris - Rearranging outliner swaps multiple categories[2.0.0][daf0]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Beeprog

Private
48 Badges
Apr 14, 2017
  • Magicka
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Description
Rearranging outliner swaps multiple categories[2.0.0][daf0]

Game Version

What version do you use?

Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Utopia,
Leviathans Story Pack
Apocalypse

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.

When rearranging a single category in the outliner (moving it one position up or down), several other categories swap positions at the same time.

In the attached screenshots I clicked the arrow to move the Armies category down one step. Planets and Civilian ships swapped and Shipyards and Military Fleets swapped.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Bring up the dialog to change outliner positions, click any up or down arrow.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• outliner_bug_before.jpg
    outliner_bug_before.jpg
    128,5 KB · Views: 3
  • outliner_bug_after.jpg
    outliner_bug_after.jpg
    129,8 KB · Views: 3
  • ironman.sav
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I am also experiencing this issue with the updated version 2.0. Likewise, I have no mods enabled. The outliner seems to throw a hissy fit when trying to sort items within the outliner, arbitrarily throwing items around and ignoring whatever sorting is intended. I've tried detecting if there is some pattern to this, but if there is I, at least, cannot find it.

*** The behavior reported in this thread is the same behavior reported in a prior thread by Jorlem, linked here (click me) which has an additional video clip of the strange behavior, which I believe helps demonstrate the problem more clearly. ***

I thought it would be more helpful to piggyback this and Jorlem's post rather than start my own thread regurgitating the same error. If I should have made my own post, I apologize :)
If needed, the complete URL to Jorlem's post is here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...nu-rearranges-outliner-nonsensically.1071083/ .

No worries. Just trying to consolidate posts so it hopefully catches someone's attention. Someone over on Reddit said that they did something to fix it, though I have yet to try it, @ the comment by Tomdaw:

Follow-up to say I fixed the issue: 1. Uninstall Stellaris 2. Delete Stellaris folder from Documents > Paradox (copy to desktop first) 3. Reinstall 4. Reordering works fine now, copied in the user-created-races text document from backed up Stellaris folder to newly created folder to import custom races. (Optional) You can open up the Settings.txt file in the Stellaris folder to copy the entries related to singleplayer/multiplayer match settings, or even manually re-order the Outliner from this file.

Hope this helps anyone still struggling.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/7zjksb/bug_with_outliner_order/

At work and haven't had a chance to test this

This is still bugged in the new 2.0.2 beta patch today [d07e]. Was hoping it'd be fixed officially, but I get the feeling it's only affecting a small number of people, so I'm going to try the above fix from reddit.

edit: reinstalling fixed it, I deleted the user directory (.../Documents/Paradox/Stellaris), after backing it up and after reinstalling manually transferred over saves and custom empires. I guess it might be fixable by deleting the user directory, without having to reinstall.

Last edited: