Stellaris Q&A today at 3pm CEST

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

candyalien

Community Manager
20 Badges
May 16, 2017
twitter.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
Hey everyone. We are doing a short Q&A
at 3pm CEST today on the Paradox Twitch channel.
It will be focussing on Synthetic Dawn. If you have any questions you'd like me to ask live on stream - submit them here :)

Does Synthetic Dawn introduce any new spaceship modules specifically for robotic races? Something along the lines of more agile strike craft since they don't need to consider G-forces on an organic pilot? More efficient combat AI etc.

Are there any changes to combat to encourage a weapons mix? For example, using a long range missile component, a medium range ballistic component, and a knife range laser component for your heavier ship classes, or will it still be preferable to stack one kind of weapon system to have an ideal range? I realize this point may be more towards the upcoming combat rework, but I'll toss it in here.

0. Do you think megastructures need rebalance? Maybe something more complex like extending the gameplay?
1. Will there be any pure visual DLCs? For example: visible planet traits(auroras with strong magnetic field trait) or new backgrounds.
2. Any chance of getting other race types beside synthetics? I mean something like parasitic race or pure spaceborne race?
3. What comes first? War or diplomacy overhaul?

When your empire get the "flesh is weak" ascension perk we have the possibility to add the cyborg trait to all species. why this hability is remove when we pick up the synthetic evolution? what will be the reaction of "flesh is weak" cyborgs species with the the new assimilator machine empire?

Are the machine portraits finished? If so, could we take a look at some of the newer ones?

What, specifically, will be the spiritualist faction's demands in regards to synths? Will they be satisfied by synths remaining non-sentient, or will they need to be banned entirely?

Wiz had mentioned he was aware that, with synthetic dawn, the buff to machine empires will be great enough that it would be imbalanced compared to other late game ascensions (psionic, biological) and thus would look into buffing them too.

Has there been any actual changes to them in that regard?

Do you plan to make a flavor DLC with more varied celestial objects like magnetars, hot jupiter class planets, white and brown dwarves, multiple star systems etc? Maybe combine it with some sort of tourism or galactic wonder mechanic? :)

Love you guys like a Blorg. Cheers! o/

Another question if I may :)

Any plans to add a "build queue"? So f.ex. "build this, then this then this, then upgrade that when it is built etc" so we won't have to constantly look back into planets to upgrade them when the initial buildings are done.

How many new machine-oriented room backgrounds will there be?

1) Why has the "Agrarian Idyll" Civic a non-authoritarian requirement? And not just: Unity of Farms is only generated by non-enslaved POPs?
(The "Harmonious Collective" AI for example is authoritarian, but doesn't use slaves and so do I)

2) Will revolutions of your POPs be buffed? Because at the moment, they are just a minor annoyance and the big empires are way to stable internally.
For example revolting planets will lead to other planets also starting a revolt.

3) Is there any drawback to the Open-Borders-Policy?

Last edited:
How moddable will the machine uprising event be? I.e., will it be relatively straightforward to mod in other types of uprisings (civil wars, independence wars, etc) using the basic structure of the machine uprising. And a related question: are there any plans on your end to implement the above (civil wars) in this patch? Future patches?