• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for your support. Life has been a pain since my last post. When I finally got around to starting this AAR up again, I got laid off. That was why there was such a long wait. Things have stabilized since then.

I will be finishing this AAR. I'm deeply sorry for the long delay.

I'm sorry to hear that life's been a pain. Much as I like the AAR and want it to continue, I have to keep things in perspective. I hope your life is better now and I look forward to whenever you pick up the AAR again. No pressure, take care.

Reactions:
I do hope you're able to continue this soon, Zorro, but until then you have my very best wishes.

Reactions:
I'm sorry to hear that life's been a pain. Much as I like the AAR and want it to continue, I have to keep things in perspective. I hope your life is better now and I look forward to whenever you pick up the AAR again. No pressure, take care.

I do hope you're able to continue this soon, Zorro, but until then you have my very best wishes.

Nice to know you will end it :)
Take your time.
Thank you!

MQNTlNE.jpg

An Opportunity

Recap: The Soviet Union is deadlocked in a war against Japan. The USSR has no fleet of
its own and the Japan doesn’t have enough troops to threaten an invasion. The French and
British have recently joined the war and are experiencing some success. Internally rebels
have popped up mainly in the Caucasus.

With some success at sea thanks to the French and British, the Japanese came to peace terms.
There was still the rebellion in the Soviet Union to deal with, fortunately the Red Army was
more than capable enough and several liquor factories began construction in the rebellious
Caucasus.

With peace returning and with surplus funds available, another phase of industrial expansion
begins as factories are enlarged across the glorious Soviet Union.

ilHFf7s.jpg

"Hard work every day!"

The USSR has been making a good push to get a modern navy. Soon their efforts would be
rewarded. The facilities necessary to build a mighty fleet were nearly finished. Revenge on
Japan would come swiftly with the addition of a Soviet Fleet. Troops were transferred to the
Far East for the future showdown.

It was at this time that the USSR’s greatest enemy decided to challenge her, Germany. Korea
rounded up enough support to demand its territory from the USSR returned. The great powers
were called to the negotiation table. Germany sided with Korea and began its coalition
against the Union. The United Kingdom, Hungary, Japan, and China were the attending powers.
It would appear that the USSR would be fighting a war against Germany, China, and Japan.

iVGYmiw.jpg

However, as the negotiations began China immediately supported the USSR. Even more
surprising was Japan’s support.

Eventually the remaining powers all sided with the Soviets. Of course, the Soviet Union
couldn’t just pass up a chance to humiliate Germany. The Koreans and Germans were about to
have their hands full.

KXSlJ3v.jpg

France and the Ottoman Empire, allied with the USSR, joined the war as well. It was very
doubtful the Germans could offer an meaningful resistance. The Red Army scored a couple early
victories.

Z4RHQnP.jpg

xH8rK4k.jpg

It became clear very quickly into the war that Germany and Korea were completely overwhelmed.
The Korean army had already be defeated.

Germany was dealing with invasions from France, the UK, the Ottomans, Hungarians and the
Soviets. The French army was large and always sought revenge against Germany.

CksFSQs.jpg

The Germans were fairing better against the Hungarians but tens of thousands of soldiers from
the USSR were moving to assist Hungary.

dfpitKR.jpg

In the end the end the Germans had to give in to the USSR’s demands. Korea was made a Soviet
puppet so it could never again try to turn the great powers against the Union!

t4JSwFh.jpg

During the war, the Soviet Union finally began construction of a modern fleet. With the
Soviets having a navy an invasion of Japan was finally possible.

As always, thanks for reading!

Nice! But the battle statistics do not really speak positively on your behalf, considering the casualties on both sides :D

Yay, update!

Always nice to see the player beat up the AI against all odds!
It has been a long time. Germany never had a chance in this war.
Nice! But the battle statistics do not really speak positively on your behalf, considering the casualties on both sides :D
For every Soviet that falls, ten more will take his place!

The Soviet Bear shall kill the German Eagle of oppression!

MQNTlNE.jpg

Rising Bear and the Setting Sun

The glory that is the Soviet Union finally put its grand new navy to sea. To test the new fleet, war was immediately declared on Japan.

1BvAWhg.jpg

The Soviet Navy sailed to the Sea of Japan and awaited for the Imperial Japanese Navy. But they were strangely absent, where could they be?. The Red Army began landing in Japan unopposed.

HWVc1M9.jpg

An IJN task force intercepted Soviet naval reinforcements enroute from Europe. The eager Red Fleet sailed to intercept.

EQtZp41.jpg

The battle was won but the naval reinforcements from Europe were lost. The main Imperial Fleet is still missing.

mUk0nRc.jpg

Just before Nigata fell, ensuring a Soviet victory, a large Japanese force engaged the brave Soviet liberators.

9az1U75.jpg

The Japanese force has doubled but Soviet reinforcements have come from the mainland.

lIW8OqM.jpg

Both sides reinforce as the engagement is chewing up men like no battle ever before. The Japanese have an advantage in infantry while the Soviets have the advantage in armor and artillery.

WwCDD0W.jpg

Xinjiang, despite being a Soviet satellite, joined Japan. They were quickly beaten and a white peace was extended to free up more troops for the war against Japan.

Intelligence confirmed the Japanese have more brigades than the mighty Red Army! The Soviets leave a token force in Europe and send everything they can spare to the Far East. Mobilization is considered!

hsIa3HU.jpg

"They'll keep fighting and they'll win!"

It looks like the Soviets finally have the upperhand in the battle but alas we've reached the game's end date!

YLvUtnE.jpg

The USSR was 1st in military score, 2nd in prestige, and 3rd in industry. Finished with more factories than the USA.

cffFVNA.jpg

Our humble 1896 start.

vYziWJy.jpg

The world in 1936. Not counting Soviet expansion and Germany annexing Austria not much has changed.

2jjOvui.gif

What the Soviet's were able to claim.

I fail short of my goal at the beginning of the AAR by not reclaiming Poland. It proved very difficult with all the infamy I had and that Germany was a huge threat throughout the majority of this game. My policy quickly shifted to just keeping them in my sphere.

Thanks for sticking with this AAR and, as always, thanks for reading!

Sad to see this end but well, it's the end date
It is merely the beginning of the World Revolution and comrades from all around the world will continue to shine the light you have created :p

Awww, I wanted to see the bloodbath finished :D.

But congratulations for finishing and thank you, it has been a fine ride.

Sad to see this end but well, it's the end date
It is merely the beginning of the World Revolution and comrades from all around the world will continue to shine the light you have created :p
I'd like to this so! Thanks for reading.
Awww, I wanted to see the bloodbath finished :D.

But congratulations for finishing and thank you, it has been a fine ride.
I wanted to see the end result of that battle as well, shame I didn't have a few more days. Hope you enjoyed the AAR :).

That had to be the least considerate ending by a game I've ever seen. Shame on your lack of literary sense, Victoria 2! :p

Otherwise, congratulations on finishing. It's been an excellent and enjoyable ride all the way through.

Also, looking at your gif world map again...Spain, I see what you did there and stop it right now! The Treaty of Alcanices should be hardcoded into the (at least V2) engine :D.

Parting is such sweet sorrow! But alas, the glorious USSR has risen again! And, at least in my mind, went on to conquer the planet! Glory to Mother Russia!