• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mujado

Sergeant
1 Badges
Feb 10, 2016
  • Stellaris Sign-up
Hi,

Just wanted to share, myself, I despise the current Tunisian flag, it's just bit bland. Going for Sons of Carthage achievement I thought, well why not change our flag to something nicer and portray strong Carthaginian imgery and have found a perfect flag. Here it is, also attached .tga file.

If you want to use it ingame, download it from link below:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00932148116882786238

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis IV\gfx\flags. Find TUN.tga file and either back it up in another folder or just rename it to something other than 'TUN.tga' so you have in case you want to switch in future. After that, you copy and paste the downloaded link into the folder. Voila.

tunis.png

41B00E2A6DAC58F08C16D220D4288C95148572B6

12B587190A7F3AE60D5F85BBF8DD105E48979F7E

Meaning of the flag:

Symbol in the middle represents Tanit. Tanit was a Punic and Phoenician goddess, the chief deity of Carthage.

The Loxodonta africana pharaoensis, North African Elephant is a animal often associated with Carthage, strongly associated with the city state during Punic Wars, elephants are common imagery associated with the city state.

Carthage was a trade minded state, one of the most coveted materials was the much prized purple dye coveted by royalty of the ancient world, tyrian purple represents the trade mindedness and wealth of Carthage.

And finally, the broken circles around the flag represent the harbours of Carthage, centre of the Ancient World.

Reactions:
It's not about realism though, obviously you can't compare Arab-Berbers to Carthage which were Phoenicans mostly. This is just for a nicer flag (imho) and especially when doing achievement specifically. Also for custom nations designer if recreating Carthage there!