Sons and Daughters of the Taurian Concordat ~ ROLL CALL!"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
PREFACE: It has been my experience that the more gamers learn of the histories, stories and backstories of the Inner Sphere and periphery, the more we come to appreciate all the many and FUN BattleTech nooks and crannies that have emerged over time.

I need look no further than my experience with Quads! There was a time at the very beginning that I was a staunch opponent to even the existence of Quads. But along comes Juodas and over these past couple of years I have come to see the errors of my ways. #QUADSrGOOD

Sooooo... it is my hope that as Gamers who favor the Taurian Concordat and Gamers who favor the Federated Suns come here to contribute to the thread, where we can ALL gain a better and deeper appreciation for the very well-nuanced Taurian/Davion flavor of BattleTech... and I strongly suspect, BATTLETECH!

Original Post Text follow:
Davion influence and machination is EVERYWHERE!

We must remain vigilant.

We must remain united.

I hope you'll join me here in a forum Roll Call of sorts, so that we can meet, greet and become familiar with one another. : )

And hopefully our efforts here will help communicate to HBS that a Taurian Concordat Avatar would be warmly and thankfully received by all of us! :bow:

So by way of introduction...

I have enjoyed BattleTech ever since the mid 80's when in my first year at College I walked into the local Games and Hobby Store and bought my first BattleTech game. #goodtimes!

Over the years I have become a fan of the Taurian Concordat, the Draconis Combine and Clan Smoke Jaguar...

...I am basically an Anti-Davionista!!! ...though in truth, some of my best friends enjoy all-things-Davion as much as I enjoy TC, HK and CSJ. What is important is that BattleTech brings us ALL together, gives a common framework and place where we can choose to game, even roleplay what we enjoy best about our game.

With HBS fixing to Launch BATTLETECH next month, I hope that we can all come together here in this thread to assemble, get to know one another, trade BATTLETECH tips, tricks and tactics.

Fortunately it appears the Taurian Concordat will figure prominently in HBS's BATTLETECH. And hopefully we'll have Taurian Avatars here in the forum at some point... and perhaps if we are lucky, even our friends in the Aurigan Directorate have a forum Avatar in their future too!

But what is your story?

How has the Taurian Concordat come to be one of your favorite faction?

And as ever, good luck and good gaming! :bow:

Last edited:
FYI, a Davion responded to your request, and fixed your issue. ;) "Irony"
Carry on...

FYI, a Davion responded to your request, and fixed your issue. ;) "Irony"
Carry on...
Thank you for your help, good Sir. :bow:

Thank you for your help, good Sir. :bow:
Don't thank him, he only did it for some nefarious reason that we can't see yet :p
I was aware of Battletech back in my youth in the late 80's; I came from a historical wargame background and while it combined wargaming and sci-fi (two of my loves) it wasn't as prevalent over this side of the Atlantic as certain home grown games from a workshop ;). So while I oohed and aahed over the few miniatures I saw, and happily listened to the older players who had the money to mail order everything, it wasn't until Mechwarrior 2 that I really got into the universe and sought out the books and stuff.
The TC attracted me because of a combination of the history, the personality and the military ranks. I love the old napoleonic style ranks, and other descriptions of the TDF like uniforms and organisation, plus the governmental organisation are all very familiar to a Brit with a grounding in history :)
But most of all it was the narrative of the reunification wars, the sheer bloody minded determination to fight to the last man, and then after losing, making the best of a bad situation and using Star League membership to their advantage "You fought to force my people to be represented here. You will not keep my voice from representing them". And then the New Vandenburg Crisis and later the formation of Comstar (which iirc Davion refused to vote on). For a small, arse-end of nowhere nation the TC and its sons and daughters have had a pretty impressive impact on the galaxy we know and love.
So my TT force started out as part of the TDF, but it didn't last, I've had mercenary forces in a lot of wargames and eventually the Fighting Fringers were born from those who had completed their period of service in the TDF, plus some other periphery mechwarriors.
The only force I had on the tabletop was when someone wanted to run a clan space campaign, and I chose Goliath Scorpion as aside from the drug usage they are generally inoffensive compared to the others.

Everything belongs to Davion. It's just a matter of time.
Yeah, you go on thinking like that; just remember what happened the last time they tried ;)

It has been my experience that the more gamers learn of the histories, stories and backstories of the Inner Sphere, the more they come to appreciate all the many and FUN nooks and crannies that have emerged over time.

Look no further than my experience with Quads! There was a time at the very beginning that I was a staunch opponent to even the existence of Quads. But along comes Juodas and over these past couple of years I have come to see the errors of my ways. #QUADSrGOOD

Sooooo... it is my hope that as Gamers who favor the Taurian Concordat and Gamers who favor the Federated Suns come here to contribute to the thread, we can ALL gain a better and deeper appreciation for the very well-nuanced Taurian/Davion flavor of BattleTech... and I strongly suspect, BATTLETECH!

We will never forget the Pleiades Cluster (Electra, Maia, Merope, etc), Ridgebrook, Wrentham, Flintoft, Robsart, Diefenbaker, Carmichael, Lindsay, Brockway, Midale, Horsham, Rollis, Bromhead, Werfer, Brusett, Lothair, Hyalite, Victralla, Keuterville, Anaheim, Warren, Hanseta, Sartu, Mavegh, Weippe, Caldwell, Pierce, Tentativa, Traussin, Montour, Cohagen, Verdigreis, Estuan, Armington, Csomad, Dumassas and the Badlands Cluster. Some lost, most taken. Their peoples left to live uneducated lives without freedom. :(

(I'm stuck in 3025, and my favorite of the periphery powers is the Taurian Concordat and favorite of the successor states is the Lyran Commonwealth.)

1f480.png

76-a09b0321f6.jpg

Hmm... hopefully we'll see a Taurian Concordat Avatar soon. Until then I think I'll go with one of the Avatars HBS has provided us. :bow:

Well, the TC boasting the highest literacy rate in known space was a big selling point for me. But mostly I appreciate the pragmatism, with no national ideology greater than "leave alone who wants to be left alone." It's a nation of people who just worry about getting things done - everything else is secondary.

But most of all it was the narrative of the reunification wars, the sheer bloody minded determination to fight to the last man, and then after losing, making the best of a bad situation and using Star League membership to their advantage "You fought to force my people to be represented here. You will not keep my voice from representing them".
And the Concordat's last shot of the war was the one Marantha Calderon put through her own head the day after signing the surrender. There could be any number of reasons it happened, but I like to imagine it was a combination of showing the Concordat how serious she was about the need to stand down, and one last "screw you" to the Star League by refusing to serve as their puppet.

So.... um... What defenses does this place have.....

Just curious..
- Shane
Taurian Concordat has 12 Mech Regiments (33 Battalions): 9 House Regiments (26 Battalions) and 3 Mercenary Regiments (7 Battalions). Plus conventional forces on each planet, both Concordat Constabulary units and Home Guard units, which are noble family regiments. As well as a Special Asteroid Support Force (SASF) for the Hyades Cluster, which contains the capital.

Their weakest link is their AeroSpace Arm. It's only strong enough for mainly ground-support roles. They are working to improve with the help of the OutWorlds Alliance, whose strongest link is their ASF forces.

1f480.png

Last edited:
Taurian Concordat has 12 Mech Regiments (33 Battalions): 9 House Regiments (26 Battalions) and 3 Mercenary Regiments (7 Battalions). Plus conventional forces on each planet, both Concordat Constabulary units and Home Guard units, which are noble family regiments. As well as a Special Asteroid Support Force (SASF) for the Hyades Cluster, which contains the capital.

Their weakest link is their AeroSpace Arm. It's only strong enough for mainly ground-support roles. They are working to improve with the help of the OutWorlds Alliance, whose strongest link is their ASF forces.

1f480.png
Erm...should you be giving away information like that? Careless Talk Costs Lives remember ;)

Why thank you! That's helpful er.... good to know. You don't happen to know their positions, do you? Just curious, really. ;)

- Shane
The Fighting Fringers are currently under contract with the Concordat I'll have you know.
We don't play nice when the Davions arrive :p
One of my favourite quotes (from the first periphery handbook I believe) was along the lines of "It's not the fact the Fed Suns keep invading that bothers me. It's the shells are all inscribed with Hanse Davion quotes". So you'll find we're quite used to incursions, keeps us on our toes :D