• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I think you need to create a conversation, and discuss it, with the other members.))

There will be no changes to the sizes of the army or the navy. If there is any space for expanding naval bases, it shall be done.

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Minister of War

Financial Plan for the German Republic
For too long the German people have been oppressed by taxes imposed by the repressive rich therefore I hereby lower the tax rate on the people by 3% which to the government may not seem like much to the People will allow them to put food on their tables

Last edited:
Sorry perfectly alright now Mein Herr It seems the papers regarding my genius plans were intercepted by the Evil Recanchist French

Thank you to all for your support for the 14 hour work day! We have made a great leap forward, and the members of the Reichstag may rest easy knowing that the Rights of the Worker have been preserved. This is a great day for Germany, and I'm pleased to see that my first term is already off to such a productive start. I hope we may continue down this path of reform.

I do believe a bit of Christmas cheer is in order, so, on behalf of the KPD, I present a poem entitled A Visit From Comrade Marx. Enjoy!

'Twas the night before Christmas, when brave little Krauss,

Planted the seed of rebellion, one evening with his spouse;

The children had just arrived, walking home in a pair,

They were ready for dinner, though the cupboards were bare;

Dad had to explain with a certain sense of dread,

That they were all going hungry, they had run out of bread;

Dad wished Santa had paid him, it was such a load of crap,

The workers had no rights, thanks to that scummy red chap;

He was sick and tired of that “jolly” old bastard,

The proletariat must rise and destroy their bourgeoisie master;

Most of the other elves were desperate for cash,

They toiled for hours, and still lived like trash,

They were angry, they were tired, they said “this place blows!

Give us a living wage, our movement will grow!”

Still Santa did nothing but sit on his greedy old rear,

While the elves they took action, they kicked into high-gear,

They all formed a mob, though many were sick,

Santa’s factories were filled with asbestos, but that wouldn’t stop the Bolshevik!

Santa ordered his troops in, had them all take aim,

They fired on the unarmed protesters, and many were slain;

Santa’d put down the rebellion, or so he had thought,

But their wills were much stronger, they would not settle for squat;

Though they were short, and though they were small,

They were some tough little elves, they didn’t even stall;

They’d hatched a plot, knew St. Nick must die,

It was now or never, they prayed it wouldn’t go awry;

While Santa was loading up his sleigh, the elves began their coup,

They stormed his decadent palace, their guns they went “pew;”

The reindeer were angry, each stomped a hoof,

They were hollered at and whipped by that nasty little goof;

When all of a sudden arose such a clatter,

St. Nick turned ‘round to see what was the matter;

The elves they came rushing, the reindeer did too,

And as he looked on, it was then Santa knew;

If only he had given them benefits and a little time for a snack,

This whole mess could’ve been avoided, he could be home in the sack;

But instead here he was, their wrath it was scary,

They took him by the arms and off he was carried;

The next day he was left as food for the crow,

But the elves they ate too, they had plenty of dough;

The wealth Santa’d hoarded, to all was bequeathed,

No longer could anyone be said to be beneath;

For all were now equal, class was abolished,

The symbols of capitalism they too were demolished;

The wealth and land, they both were spread,

The factories collectivized, the workers now fed;

The elves and the reindeer, the workers united,

Had shown it was possible, the Revolution ignited;

All over the world, the People took up their arms,

They shed their shackles, nationalized their farms;

The workers rejoiced, they had all seen their worth,

It was paradise all over, cities overflowed with their mirth;

And when the holidays again came ‘round the next year,

Comrade Marx loaded his sleigh, carried by fairly-treated reindeer;

He flew all over the world, bringing Communism and light,

And at the end he shouted, “Happy Workersmas to all, and to all a good night!”

Happy holidays to all!

Thank you to all for your support for the 14 hour work day! We have made a great leap forward, and the members of the Reichstag may rest easy knowing that the Rights of the Worker have been preserved. This is a great day for Germany, and I'm pleased to see that my first term is already off to such a productive start. I hope we may continue down this path of reform.

I do believe a bit of Christmas cheer is in order, so, on behalf of the KPD, I present a poem entitled A Visit From Comrade Marx. Enjoy!

Happy holidays to all!
Haha, that's great! Reminds me of this actually:
http://existentialcomics.com/comic/112

((We still need the Chancellor to sign the Referendum Act and we still need a Foreign Ministry plan from Brothersid. I can't update on Monday until we have both of those things.))

The Foreign ministry will countinue with our previous plans to focus on Southeast Asia and requests the clerks assistance with preparing a review of world geopolitics for the new century to assist in future policy making.Further, on the European front we shall restart the long stalled talks with the Italian Republic.

((I will do the update tomorrow so that everyone has the full 24 hours to review the Foreign Ministry plan. I will also make a State of the World style update for 1900. Finally, there will be an important meta-vote on the future of this iAAR. All of this is coming tomorrow evening! :) ))

EMERGENCY NEWS BULLETIN:

British and French diplomats are at loggerheads over the fate of Korea. The French have decided to back the Empire of China, while the British are supporting the Korean People's Liberation Army. As has long been German policy, Germany refused the initial requests of both China and the Korean rebels to support one side or the other, but with two of the largest powers in the world involved, delegations from the British, French, Chinese, and Korean camps have all converged on Nürnberg to learn what Germany intends.

--Newswire

((@Brothersid, gather a crisis team, then report the team's decision.))

Reactions:
((Damn you Kim Il-sung!))

Reactions:
I would kindly ask the previous Herren to retract their offers. It is not needed to request or offer oneselves into the crisis team. The Foreign Minister is in my view perfectly able to select a crisis team for himself.

Herr Franz Ferdinand ''Legbreaker'' Schüttler, Head of the Corps of the Gendermerie.

Last edited:
As Chief of the General, it is my professional opinion that it is far better to let our enemies fight each other than to involve ourselves in their squabbles.

~ K.F. von Hohenzollern

The Italian parliament concurs. We shall support what the decision of state is, but we feel that involving ourselves in Korean affairs is foolish, and a waste of resources.