• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Here it is:
nHfXdfg-fAgA2mjCKRCTXGo9v9ZYMli4TOzCGY0C5OX25CoCh1DXRmnthNS0Ta3Tz--nQ3MgqTKfJlv883QiBirllj-cGToT7aTMREDR9N4-C7TUtTj1wna9AOiG_Xnn9RfpVys
))

((Did you make a bio for your new character?))

((Did you make a bio for your new character?))

((All this talk made me want to create an Italian separatist simply for the fun of it.))

Name: Emmanuel Victor
Party Affiliation: HUN((Until the creation of an actual devolution party.))
Birthplace: Sardinia
Conclave
Bio:
A prominent politician in northern Italy, Emmanuel fights for greater devolution the region of Italy. Though he a moderate in all other aspects, he is willing to ally himself with radicals on both sides of the political spectrum, in return for more freedom allocated to his ancestor's lands.

((Um, yes? Avidian, you do realize that this character is on the front page as my character, correct? Has their been a mix up of some sort?))

((Ah, looks like I didn't delete your old character from the front page. There are, in fact, two of you. I'll correct it and there should be no further issues.))

Name Herbert Schaumberg
Party HUN
Age Born October 15, 1835 (45)
Birthplace Outskirts of Prague
House: Conclave
Bio: Herbert was born to a poor family farming on the outskirts of Prague and could not afford to go to school as a result Herbert spent his days toiling in the fields, something that he was ill fit for. Herbert looking for a better life, identity and distance from his hard childhood ran from home and enlisted in the army on his 16th birthday. He proved his bravery and adept at combat in The Byzantine War of 1853 earning himself some renown. In the new peace he stayed with the army and slowly climbed ranks. He would again see combat against polish forces in The Great Liberation War. After The Great Liberation War he moved into training position within the army and helped mold new recruits. When the Great Rebellion occurred he begged his superiors for a transfer despite his age which was denied and instead he was placated with promises of usefulness in training the soon to be mobilized recruits which never came. Herbet long being dissatisfied with politicians in Germany saw this as the last in a series of weak and ill advised moves and ran for office in his home district of Prague winning narrowly on a platform of jingoism and a staunch opposition to social reform.

((Why does everyone keep joining the HUN? Imperialists is best party. We are the vanguard against all that is evil on the left. :D

join-the-dark-side.gif
))

((Why does everyone keep joining the HUN? Imperialists is best party. We are the vanguard against all that is evil on the left. :D

join-the-dark-side.gif
))

((Hey, I agree. I'm tired of having my vote marginalized in the HUN! :p))

As Herr Andersen refused to take the oath of office, and the repeal has not yet happened, his ballot has no effect. The same appears to be the case for Herr Wouters, according to the records. This equally applies to Herr Altmark.

Therefore, I announce the following results:

1. The proposal to construct a statue of Germania passes, 327 votes in favor to 44 against in the Assembly and 61 votes to zero in the Conclave.
2. The proposal to revoke the requirement of an oath of loyalty passes, 362 votes in favor to 64 against in the Assembly and 61 votes to zero in the Conclave.
3. The proposal to pass a minimum wage passes, 352 votes in favor to 20 against in the Assembly and 50 votes to 8 in the Conclave.
4. The Representation Act fails, 87 votes in favor to 264 against in the Assembly. It would have technically passed the Conclave, 25 votes in favor to 8 against.

As soon as Herr Andersen nominates his Commander of the Corps of Gendarmerie and publishes his plan for Ministry of the Interior, we can end this session and move forward with the trial of Ferdinand von Hohenzollern, among other things.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Correction: Herr von Oldenburg also needs to provide his Foreign Ministry plans. As it has been sometime since Herr Oldenburg has spoken at the Reichstag, the Supreme Court considers it fitting to replace him, if the Chancellor deems it appropriate. His party leader may also contact him and remind him of his duties.

Reactions:

((Sometimes I feel like I need campaign posters or something like a real election. And just like a real extreme right-wing party, I can take any comment out of context and warp it for my own purposes. :D
Our Illustrious Leader Avindian said:
My vote is marginalized for every member that joins the HUN. Don't take the Hohenzollern out of Hohenzollern-Unger Nationalist Party. Join the Imperialists instead.

I just realized that the Unger family got top billing in both the names of the HUN and UAI. They must be the Illuminati of this timeline, pulling the strings of everything behind the scenes. :eek:))

Reactions:
((I should make cartoons like in PttP :p))

((Cartoons sound entertaining. I'd expect the Liberator to at least include lots about liberation in these cartoons. :p I'd consider whipping something up for the Imperialists if I had any skill in that area, but alas I am lacking. Maybe a newspaper is more my style. Who doesn't want to read incredibly inaccurate extremist right-wing propaganda? :D))

I have contacted Herr von Oldenburg and started drafting my own plan. Whatever is missing should be proposed soon - if my clerks remember to alert me properly this time. Furthermore, I have made a decision on who to appoint as Commander of the Gendarmerie. Previous Commanders have regularly acted rashly and precipitated trouble, rather than avert it. Oppression of this kind is counterproductive and unfitting for a Liberal cabinet. Seeking, therefore, for a man capable of restraint and professionality in this nation's chief role of law and order, I have decided to appoint Gerrit Aldo Servatius van Kloetinge as Commander of the Corps of Gendarmerie.

- Minister L. F. Andersen

((My plan should be about assigning national foci, right?))

Reactions:
I just realized that the Unger family got top billing in both the names of the HUN and UAI. They must be the Illuminati of this timeline, pulling the strings of everything behind the scenes. :eek:
(( Ohh wow I did not think about that until you pointed it out. I should have scrubbed the Unger's off the UAI's name when the HUN came around.))

As Herr Andersen refused to take the oath of office, and the repeal has not yet happened, his ballot has no effect. The same appears to be the case for Herr Wouters, according to the records. This equally applies to Herr Altmark.

I refuse to take any oath that is created by an unGerrman government with the sole purpose of enforcing the non-rigid stature that made this nation great.

Fortunately, the repeal of the oath will soon take effect.

FM

Reactions:
I have contacted Herr von Oldenburg and started drafting my own plan. Whatever is missing should be proposed soon - if my clerks remember to alert me properly this time. Furthermore, I have made a decision on who to appoint as Commander of the Gendarmerie. Previous Commanders have regularly acted rashly and precipitated trouble, rather than avert it. Oppression of this kind is counterproductive and unfitting for a Liberal cabinet. Seeking, therefore, for a man capable of restraint and professionality in this nation's chief role of law and order, I have decided to appoint Gerrit Aldo Servatius van Kloetinge as Commander of the Corps of Gendarmerie.

- Minister L. F. Andersen

((My plan should be about assigning national foci, right?))

((National foci + general suppression policy [when to do it, when not to do it.]))

With the appointment of the Commander of the Gendarmerie, who will serve as prosecutor, we may begin the trial of Ferdinand von Hohenzollern for treason against the Republic. Herr von Hohenzollern may either elect to defend himself or to select somebody to speak for him.

The jury will be:
Axel Wouters (NachoEater)
Otto von Altmark (Dadarian)
Christian Peymann (Damerell)
Franz von Bavel-Timmermans (TJDS)
Wilhelm von Vandenburg (Michaelangelo)
Karl Adimari (PTSnoop)
Albrecht von Spinoza (GreatUberGeek)
Maximillian von Wittelsbach (Sakura_F)
Walther Herwig (Warlord Skorr)
Ludwig Fredrik Anderson (Gen. Marshall)
Nikolaus Friedrich Peter von Oldenburg (Korona)
Friedrich Meier (Idhrendur)
Hals Gutfreund (Jack LEagle)

Any member of the Reichstag wishing to recuse themselves may do so.

As a reminder of procedure, the defendant (or his representative) will give a statement. The prosecutor will then give his. First the defendant, then the prosecutor, may call for witness if they choose. They will give closing statements, and then the jury votes on guilt or innocence. 7 votes are necessary to convict or acquit the defendant; the foreperson of the jury (as elected by the jury) may recommend a sentence if the defendant is found guilty. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court will preside and act as judge.

(( Ohh wow I did not think about that until you pointed it out. I should have scrubbed the Unger's off the UAI's name when the HUN came around.))

((Perhaps it's time that the two parties revitalized themselves with new names, especially since they both took some hard hits over the past few years.))