• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IAmParzival

Recruit
3 Badges
Nov 13, 2016
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
Hi all,

At some point of the game Sirin decided that her songs were to slow to do justice to my evil carnage so she decided to change it to a more... speed metal tempo. It's so funny when you use 'Bane of Night', so i've recorded for you to see (watch attack log box):

Now being serious, i want to stay with that character but the game has no meaning this way, i can't fix it restarting. Any ideas please? Is somebody else having this problem? -_-''

Pd: sorry if i misspelled something. This game is amazing btw.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Me too. Can't do anything about it. However, turning off rapid tempo doesn't make the problem go away. Songs are still at half duration of what they should be with tempo on (1.5 seconds instead of 3), they're just not at 0 duration firing rapidly.

Duration with rapid tempo on.
qs8g8m.jpg

With tempo off.
10mpgtk.jpg

Last edited:
I figured out every time you dismiss her/add her to your group it lowers her stanzas duration. And it's not even problem with stance - even with slower stance she still has far too low durations.

Don't want to spam print screens, but for me right now it's

Breath of Winter, stanzas duration:
with Rapid -12s (yes, minus! 12)
with Languorous -8s (minus)
according to skill description (in talent tree) it should be 8s (obviously plus)

Another problem that I found around dismissing/adding her back to the group - there is something wrong with her song talent tree - I'm certain she lost one of the songs she had before, another song is being displayed twice when I'm selecting current song, at one point talent tree was showing that I don't have a song which I had currently selected.

My friend was laughing that finally we see her in her full Archon potential. Unfortunately I had to dismiss her, no fun playing like this.

I can provide screenshots if needed.

Hello all!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We were able to reproduce this internally using the information you all provided, and are working on a fix for the issue.

Unfortunately I do not have any estimate on how long it will take to correct this behavior.

Thank you all for your support,
David

So I found a fix to this bug. After many hours of looking I fixed it by editing the save file. You first need to find your saves. Then you what to open the save with 7-zip. Next, you want to find "MobileObjects.save" and I opened it with Note Pad and once in you want push ctrl+f to get the search bar open and you want to put "tempo" into it and enter. You are looking for this:
<Simple value="m_tempo" />
<Simple type="System.Single, mscorlib" value="50" />
You want to change the number after value to zero. In this save the value is 50, but it should be zero. It should end up looking like this:
<Simple type="System.Single, mscorlib" value="0" />