• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Portuguese - Military
2.Portuguese-Political
3. What ever the GM wants me as

Glory to Portugal!

EDIT: How long will turns be?

Last edited:
1. Portuguese - Military
2. Portuguese - Political
3. FNLA - Military

I'm going to figure out the final draft for the players, but I'm afraid not everybody can get in immediately. Don't worry, the waitlist is there for you. I expect the game itself could go up today, with the final roster, stats and map, and background information up as well.

FINAL DRAFT

Portugal
Governor-General: Dadarian

PIDE: Maxwell
FMU:
-Revan
-Firelordsky
-Bakerydog
-Lordmichael95

MPLA
Political leader: XVG

Warlords:
-Noco
-Potato
-Korona
-Alexander23
-Harps

FNLA
Political leader: TJDS

Warlords:
-Ekon
-Oxfordroyale
-Aedan
-Cheef
-Baboush

Waitlist (In no particular order):
-Dutchguy
-Latinkaiser
-Naxhi24
-Anyone I missed or will apply later

Whoot! I made it in! Portugal's Overseas Province of Angola will be saved from the rebel scum.

oliver_law.jpg

Name: Luis Armando Machado
Date of Birth: October 17, 1929 (age 36)
Affiliation & role: National Liberation Front of Angola/Frente Nacional de Libertação de Angola (FNLA); military warlord
Biography: Machado was born in a small village along the Cubango River in the far south of the country. He lived an average life (by native standards) and, through hard work and dedication, received a scholarship to a Portuguese university at the age of 18. While abroad, he also traveled to Spain, the United Kingdom, and the rebuilding nation of West Germany. During these travels he took an intense interest in military history, particularly studying the guerrilla warfare actions during the Peninsular War and the American Civil War.

He returned to Angola after his studies and became a moderately successful businessman. By the mid-1950s he grew close to members of the Union of Peoples of Angola/União dos Povos de Angola (UPA) and quickly became a close adviser of Holden Roberto, acting as one of his lieutenants. In March 1961 he operated as one of the commanders under Roberto in the incursion into the colony itself, resulting in the death of thousands. Here, Machado tested his knowledge of guerrilla warfare, and improved on it substantially.

Now, Machado is one of the ranking members of the FNLA's forces, and hopes to carve a new path for an FNLA-led Angola -- and for himself.

Last edited:
Agostinho_Neto_%281975%29.jpg

António Agostinho Neto
b. September 17, 1922

President of the MPLA​

guerra4.jpg

David Luis Grombos, during his younger years

Name: David Luis Grombos
Biography: David Luis Grombos was born into the well-established and wealthy Grombos family on June 2, 1921. The Grombos family came to the Angola colony from Portugal in the mid-1880’s, concentrating in the mineral sector; first in copper and more recently in diamonds.

David is one of the few from Angola that attended schooling in Europe. However, unlike past generations of his family, David sees himself as Angolan rather than Portuguese. David was hoping that one day Angola could peacefully become a more autonomous province of Portugal. Yet with the savages raising up against benevolent Portugal, such hopes have likely been dashed.

After returning from his European schooling, David worked a short stint in his family company, Grombos Mineral Unlimited, before joining the Forças Militares Ultramarinos at the age of 20. With 20 years of service under his belt, David was scheduled to retire at the end of this year to take over his family business, but with barbarians on the loose, those plans have been shelved. Perhaps this means Colonel Grombos will make the rank of General after all.

David Luis Grombos is married to his beautiful French wife (something that caused a stir in his family at the time) and has three children, two boys and one girl. Colonel Grombos recently moved his family to the capital, Luanda, to keep them further away from the rebel scum.

Last edited:
Vtf9InA.jpg

NAME: Faical Lara

OCCUPATION: Warlord/Ledaer in one of the many Forças Armadas Populares de Libertação de Angola guerrilla forces

BIOGRAPHY: TBD​

FrtKpJx.jpg

Martti Nashilongo

Date of Birth: January 3rd, 1927 (35)
Affiliation & Role: Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola; Warlord
Biography:

Born in Cabo along the Rio Cubango, Nashilongo was of the Ovambo people, specifically of the Ova-kwanyama tribe, and was raised accordingly to their traditions and within the Lutheran faith spread by Finnish missionaries in the 1870's (Nashilongo's first name Martti coming from the most prominent Finnish missionary). However, Nashilongo was not content with living the quaint life of agriculture and simple goals, no, Nashilongo aspired to carve himself a place in the world. With this ambition, Nashilongo became a learned man, learning the Portuguese and English languages to further himself in Angolan society.

Through a combination of money earned through hard work and money earned by the generosity of a few befriended patrons, Nashilongo succeeded in finding higher education in a private school ran by an Angolan Protestant mission instead of a fancy, foreign, European campus. Here, Nashilongo refined his language skills to a more professional level, while learning the finer points of writing and speech. Here, Nashilongo found his calling in organization and leadership, operating his own society of anti-colonial scholars.

From this small group of a handful of men, Nashilongo expanded his horizons by meeting with like-minded groups that were far greater in scale, namely such groups as the Angolan Communist Party and the Party of the United Struggle for Africans in Angola, among others. Seeing their rhetoric and desire for change, Nashilongo began to orient his own affiliation towards these groups and later the Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola, rising to became a respected member who wielded a certain level of influence allowing him to be among the various warlords operation its banner. Whether or not Nashilongo was an actual believer in the Marxist-Leninist creed was yet to be seen, but regardless, he was a loyal barker of its message at the moment.

Last edited:
0,,15825531_303,00.jpg

Guiomar Silva
Occupation: Warlord for the Frente Nacional de Libertação de Angola
Bio: Born and raised in Central Angola to a relatively poor family, Guiomar has been a revolutionary since before the first days of the revolution. Having been involved in civil disobedience since the 50s and been a member of the FNLA since its foundation. He had been involved in a number of incidents of violence against Portuguese citizens and police before the Baixa de Cassanje revolt. After the revolt his history with the FNLA got him pushed up to a command position within the revolutionary group, a task he has taken to with vigor as he hopes to push the Portuguese out as soon as possible.

Okay, okay, I'll do the history part.

4940b6e48d874f125f278c920cf9-grande.jpg

Preto B. Ongo
b. November 10, 1929​

Affiliation: People's Movement for the Liberation of Angola (MPLA); military commander

Biography:

Gentlemen,

Tomorrow, early in the morning, I will be leaving for London. I will be back on the 4th. Now, because I am a turd I have not yet delivered the promised history yet. Fear not, the information needed to round your characters and make plans will be supplies shortly, as well as an overview of Angola with a map made by my dear friend, XVG. Upon my return, I will add to the historical overview. Meanwhile, you should all get your characters in!

When I return, I wish to see conversations opened by Dadarian, XVG, and TJDS where they put their orders and questions. You three, if you have any questions whatsoever, do not hesitate to spam them to me in that conversation. I will try to answer them and to be on IRC in the evening, but I make no promises. I request that you gentlemen also give me orders by the fourth, but considering the circumstances I can not set a deadline. I also welcome the war plans from others. Please open only one conversation with me, and keep putting messages in that.

I look forward to GM'ing this game, and I hope you look forward to duking it out in the bush. I will now leave you with Chuck Berry, and soon with the necessary information.

Thank you for playing!

Last edited:
Will Dadarian give the starting placement of FMU troops, or is that up to us, the sub-commanders?

TOP SECRET

DISTRIBUTION OF COMMAND AND ORDER OF BATTLE OF THE OVERSEAS PROVINCE OF ANGOLA

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Commander of the Military Region of Angola (CMRA) - Major-General Venâncio A. Deslandes

Responsibilities: The effective administration and stewarding of the Province of Angola both domestically and militarily. Head of Command within the Province but under the direct control of the main branches of Government when required.

Direct Command: All Territorial Commanders.
Commander of the Territory of Urban Angola - Coronel David L. Grompos

Responsibilities: The safety and stability of the territories of Luanda, Bengo, Zaire, and Cabinda. Overseen by the CMRA.

Direct Command: 2 Zone Commanders, the Urban Angola Zone and the Cabinda Zone.
Commander of the Territory of Angola North - Coronel (Firelordsky)

Responsibilities: The safety and stability of the territories of Uíge, Cuanza Norte, Cuanza Sul, and Malanje. Overseen by the CMRA.

Direct Command: 2 Zone Commanders, the Cuanza Zone and the Northwestern Zone.
Commander of the Territory of Angola South - Coronel (Revan)

Responsibilities: The safety and stability of the territories of Namibe, Cunene, Huíla, Benguela, and Huambo. Overseen by the CMRA.
Direct Command: 2 Zone Commanders, the Southern Zone and the Equatorial Zone.
Commander of the Territory of Angola East - Coronel (Bakerydog)

Responsibilities: The safety and stability of the territories of Luanda Norte, Luanda Sul, Moxico, Cuando Cubango, and Bié. Overseen by the CMRA.
Direct Command: 2 Zone Commanders, the Northeastern Zone and the Southeastern Zone.
Head of the International Police of State Defense (PIDE) - Brigadeiro-General (Maxwell)
Responsibilities: The persecution of state enemies and the removal of threats to the state. To cooperate with the CMRA.

Direct Command: [CENSORED BY ORDER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF SECURITY]

Last edited: