Secret EU4 Stream 9th October [Secret Denmark build] [UPDATED]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SolSys

Paradox Wikis
Community Ambassador
127 Badges
Apr 26, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Major Wiki Contributor
EDIT: Just in case there is something you'd rather not be seen here yet please feel free to edit the post accordingly.

As some of you might have noticed there was an EU4 streaming last Friday with Wiz and DDRJake.
Since this was bound to be up sooner or later I mustered up and decided to post the screenshots myself.
In case you would rather see the stream yourself: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/19848632

RNW [still wip]

- Even though it is greatly improved from the old RNW it's stated as WiP [expect more more?].
- The new area/region system comes into play here when the RNW generator places the native tribes [each type in a different region].
- High American tech becomes part of the new RNW [was previously in CK2 to EU4 Converter].
- Trade Nodes are generated dynamically and can impact trade flow to old world.

Terrain mapmode
map rnw.jpg

Region/Colonial mapmode [colonial names derives from region names]
map cn.jpg

Area mapmode [tooltip shows clearly where each province belongs area/region/super-region/continent]
map area.jpg

Political mapmode [1 - High American ; 2 - Inti tribes ; 3 - Totem tribes]
map poli2.jpg
map poli3.jpg

Trade Node mapmode [new RNW TN feed into different old world TN forcing new plays regarding trade]
map tn1.jpg
map tn2.jpg
map tn3.jpg

Estates

- New arrangement for Buildings UI: reduced [unnecessarily high] number of building slots and made a more compact province values section to accommodate the new Estates section in the middle.
- Giving estate a province increases the minimum LA there [25%?].
- Estates names will change according to tech/regions.
- Noble Republic has been nerfed [apparently to prevent possible exploit].
- Cossack estate will not disappear after westernizing [changed from dev-diary].

[1,2,3 - Horde ; 4 - Lithuania]
estates5.jpg

[Estate interactions - only one window open at a time]
estates7.jpg

[Estate mamode]
estates6.jpg

[Estate alerts and disasters]
alert5.jpg

Hordes

- Razing will not only get you MP, but also all available loot left and increase Horde Unity.
- Syncretic faith bonuses will replace the base Tengri faith bonuses [not added to it].
- You can't convert from your syncretic faith to the Tengri faith [will not appear in Convert section].

horde3.jpg

horde4.jpg

New Naming

- Everything in home region or connected to capital gets state's name.
- Everything else is decided by size of holdings [area/region/super-region].

[Portuguese Maghreb - region ; English Normandy - area]
names.png

Other

- New map indicator in case a battle will occur when you move units to provinces with enemy troops [no need to check for arrival times].
battle.jpg

[North African regions]
map region1.jpg

- New Map-Mode interface [from Twitter]: 10 modes to chose, 4 blue buttons on the right divide mapmodes into categories and open a new UI to chose from.
mapmode4.png

- New policy option regarding Native Treatment under OE in Stability tab [more in next dev-diary on 15/10/2015].
native pc.png

- UI changes in Diplomacy tab: Revanchism icon and Score added below tech, 3 new buttons above diplomatic actions.
dip.jpg

- Espionage been buffed: gets new actions for 'Tech Study' from advanced nations [increases MP] and 'Agitate Liberty'.
espi.jpg

**This should be all the new stuff. Feel free to add something if I missed it.
**The feature are still being worked on so the stats may change for balance purposes by release time.
**Possible changes: The Hansa/trade league work, how accepted culture works.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you for this.

Not sure what you mean by that. Care to elaborate?

He meant that these pictures are taken with a camera of the monitor, which is kind of crazy. Just press the 'prt scr' button, open up paint, press ctrl + v and save the image (after cropping it, if necessary). It's a much clearer picture, and it's faster...

Here's some more from http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/v/19848632:

Interacting with estates: Different options for different estates and they do different things, bonuses gets progressively better as the estate gets more powerful, but if they're not loyal they might mess you up. This general might help you win an existential war, but can you survive the looming disaster in its wake?
IHC69rU.jpg

[Note speculation!] Native Policies(not mentioned but seen): previously you got an event when first colonizing your first province where you chose between 3 different options which affected how often they'd attack, this option would then be set in stone for the rest of the campaign, not sure if you had to have soldiers guarding too - perhaps these policies also make it so you can change it and get other bonuses, or are they policies you pay upkeep for, are they mutually exclusive? [/speculation]
F6mZeEl.jpg

Espionage:
-'Study technology', if another nation is more advanced than you and their adm/mil/dip is "sufficiently more advanced" than yours, you get an extra monarch point in that category. ( 1/1/1 as max I assume for someone behind in everything)
-'Agitate for Liberty', increases Liberty desire in a subject
dvwgtse.jpg

...and that's all folks!
jymHMOk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you man, that was useful.

He meant that these pictures are taken with a camera of the monitor, which is kind of crazy. Just press the 'prt scr' button, open up paint, press ctrl + v and save the image (after cropping it, if necessary). It's a much clearer picture, and it's faster...

Sarcasm? Because you could just press PrtScn, go to http://snag.gy/, press Ctrl+V, crop if necessary. It bothers me because taking picture of monitor with your smart phone is really unprofessional and you can just do it with three presses, it will take less time and effort and will result much higher quality images.

Reactions:
Sarcasm? Because you could just press PrtScn, go to http://snag.gy/, press Ctrl+V, crop if necessary. It bothers me because taking picture of monitor with your smart phone is really unprofessional and you can just do it with three presses, it will take less time and effort and will result much higher quality images.
I don't think these were taken with a camera/phone.

Reactions:
I think the new hands icon in the last picture of the OP might be Trust between the country and the player. Previously you had to find some relevant tooltip to check the value.

Reactions:
-'Study technology', if another nation is more advanced than you and their adm/mil/dip is "sufficiently more advanced" than yours, you get an extra monarch point in that category. 1/1/1 as max I assume for someone behind in everything.
-'Agitate for Liberty', increases Liberty desire in a subject

These sound pretty sweet.

Reactions:
This is turning out to be probably the best expansion/patch since at least 1.8 (that was Art of War, right?), at least in the top 3.

Reactions:
I think the only new thing that wasn't mentioned, nor even hinted at was the snazzy new color for Bavaria. You can see them clearly, right at the end of the stream.

Reactions:

Ok then... I thought he wasn't satisfied with the way I cropped the pics to focus solely on the changes instead of posting the whole screenshot.

Year is 2015 and some people still can't use print screen, how hard can it be?

You do realize there is no magic 'enhance' button like you see on TV, right? And that the quality** of the pics can only be as good as the source itself?
Which, for example, if you do a stream and you squeeze a feed of the desktop to allow enough place for a not too small camera feed of yourself streaming can make details seem a bit unfocused. One would think you would have the courtesy to check the stream itself before posting useless stuff.

**mind you, while photo manipulation can make certain details look clearer it will degrade the baseline quality.

Reactions: