• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
savethedate-v3.png

We are SUPER excited to tell you that you can now SAVE THE DATE for this years Paradox Fangathering!

Join us on December 2nd right here in Stockholm!

At this moment we do not have much more to reveal however expect more details to emerge VERY soon!
Will we see you there?

Ninja edit!
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Well, time to find out how much a plane ticket to Stockholm costs.

Reactions:
Yay !!! \o/

Now to check boss, plane tickets, hotels, and wife ! :p

... on second thoughts, never mind the wife.... :D

Reactions:
Hum... maybe...

I'm a poor travel planner, is there someone that can put a ~3 days visit of/around Stockholm so that I could go for the fan gathering and also enjoy some of the swedes places/museum...
Going outside the city is allowed as long as it stay within the timing allowed.

Reactions:
Hum... maybe...

I'm a poor travel planner, is there someone that can put a ~3 days visit of/around Stockholm so that I could go for the fan gathering and also enjoy some of the swedes places/museum...
From Dallas, Tx. Been to 20+ countries and the Vasa museum in Stockholm is one of my favorite things I've ever seen.

Reactions:
Hum... maybe...

If you enjoy history(which I assume you do since you're playing paradox games) Stockholm got a few nice history museums.

Reactions:
Count me in already!

@Zarine I could likely find time to show you around if you'd want me to.

Hmmm, €95,-
I'm honestly tempted.

What's Stockholm like in December? Do I need to bring my Winter War gear? Some skis perhaps?

Eh, it's not that bad, usually it is still raining and not snowing by early december in Stockholm, or if it snows it melts away pretty quickly. Expect temperatures around 0 degrees Celsius.

Hum... maybe...

From a history perspective the highlights of Stockholm would probably be the Vasa museum, the Old Town, the Army Museum and Livrustkammaren, all in central Stockholm. Additionally there is Skansen which has several historical farm and town buildings from all over Sweden, as well as a Swedish themed zoo. Outside of Stockholm the most interesting places would probably be the Stockholm Archipelago, although that is best experienced in summer. Still, a boat trip out to Vaxholm, location of one of the old fortifications protecting the city from the sea, takes about an hour and is probably nice even then.

Reactions:
How I wish I could join... sadly, I am located too far from all the fun.

I very much will find a way to come take a look at the city you call stockholm. I promise it wont turn into a bloodbath like the last time danes visited. Now only to find out which airport to use. Unfortunately i live quite some way from Kastrup which is cheapest.

Hum... maybe...

Agreed. not that im a poor travel planner but someone with knowledge putting together a plan for a Thursday->Sunday visit or something would be awesome.

Also in regards to where to stay in the city?

Last edited:
£190 round trip with Lufthansa for a few days in Stockholm. Not bad, will consider it.

What's Stockholm like in December? Do I need to bring my Winter War gear? Some skis perhaps?
You need at least something to fend off the Polar Bears

Reactions: