• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DigitalCity

Recruit
9 Badges
Sep 9, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hello, thank you for looking, any help with this would be very much appreciated.

After trying to load up my heavily modded city that i'd taken a break from for 2-3 weeks I realized it was broken and was displaying a very weird glitch and was completely broken. Here are some pics:
20170909120021_1.jpg
20170909115843_1.jpg

All roads, buildings and props were gone, leaving some weird shadows behind. The simulation was frozen.

I looked for missing items, there were a few, but I got them and the problem persisted. Here is the loading screen report:
report.PNG

An error message kept popping up, here is what it said:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]

Details: No details"

I have attached my output log to this thread. Please let me know if any other information would be helpful to diagnose the problem and i'll get it.

The next thing I tried was the Save Our Saves mod by BloodyPenguin. This created an interesting result. The roads and buildings and props all came back. However there was a weird border around the inner part of the city and a crater around the edge. The simulation was still frozen, the menus worked but I could not build anything and I could not save the game. It is an improvement but still a long way off, pictures below:
20170909173931_1.jpg
20170909173856_1.jpg
20170909174728_1.jpg
20170909174833_1.jpg

Then I decided to create a new game with all the same mods/assets to see if it was 2 incompatible mods. However, the game ran fine with no error messages, simulation running, basically perfect. So the problem must be the save.

I always keep 2 identical copies of my save for backup purposes, but the problem was the same on both. I then found a slightly older backup and the same thing happened.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and I really hope somebody knows how to fix this because I have spent many hours on this save!

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• 20170909115920_1.jpg
    20170909115920_1.jpg
    184,8 KB · Views: 17
  • output_log.txt
    936,4 KB · Views: 225
Upvote 0
Hello I do not speak English well, sorry.
I think the problem is a MOD that works poorly, I had the same problem and the MOD that gave problems was "Make Historical" If you have it try to remove it.
Hope this can help you.
Excuse my English.

I actually had exactly the same problem, and unsubscribing "Make Historical" definitely fixed the issue. Too bad, as I enjoyed the nostalgia from my Sim City 4 days, although the "Control Building Level-up" mod does the same basic function.

I got exactly the same problem as you have (or had).

My city worked perfectly and I decided to download the Mass Transit DLC. After I installed the DLC I got the same problem as you. Could barely load the save and got like a shitload of assets errors and all that. Have tried to unsubscribe to the ones marked in red, but still buggy. I tried to start a new save. It kinda worked, but took extremely long time to load and was laggy af even before building anything. No idea what to do now other than delete the whole game and subscribe to it all again.

DyOWHoR.jpg

fwVheeU.jpg

CeDdP4O.jpg