• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Time to punch the Timurids in the face, with the help of Uzbek. Mostly just so they don't try and jump in on the dying Timurids. Last thing I'd want would be for rebels to pop, and then the land defect instead of the Timurids breaking.
gonna use persian seperatists to flip persia to you for free by collpasing timmie.....?

...... reads......

no :(

And goodbye AGAIN, Mewar.

atwix approves. RENOUNCE those filthy coring cost cores!!!

index.php

This is something that confuses me. Did this event change (as I recall it would give +1 stability/50 admin in 1.21), or does this have to do with the fact that I'm a horde? Or is it religion-based? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the information!
I assume they changed it when you already have 3 stability you get that rubbish reduction (cause really, -10% state maintenance?) instead of 50 ADM but could be it's only for hordes, never had this happen myself for the past time.

index.php

Ottoman Pirate Coast? :confused:
You what? Why is that region called Pirate coast? This must be a joke :eek:!

India remains objectionably polychromatic :)

gonna use persian seperatists to flip persia to you for free by collpasing timmie.....?

...... reads......

no :(

I was really tempted to do that, but there were plenty of considerations for the pros and cons.

I've historically had bad luck when it comes to getting the free cores from Timmy exploding. Either they don't explode and they don't get rebels, they get rebels but they don't take more than 50% of the land, or they get a lot of rebels but are then DOW'd by someone else.

Not to mention that the Ottomans are militaristic, and have been for their past 3 rulers. So they have most of Persia marked as vital interest, which would likely break the alliance we have if we get too much of the land. Also, because the Ottomans own some Persian land, I didn't want to risk the rebels going to siege that up, only to get crushed by some Janissaries. And since I had planned on taking Mong Yang as a vassal, I didn't want to risk a Persian-Mong Yang alliance due to LD from defected provinces.

TL;DR version: the risk outweighed the reward in this case.

Also, does anyone know why I can only upload a single image at a time? I used to be able to select all the files I want to upload in one go, but this past chapter had me uploading each file individually. It'd be tedious to do that with just 10 images, let alone what I use, and you all know how I like to show pictures (probably too many, if I'm honest).

Also, does anyone know why I can only upload a single image at a time? I used to be able to select all the files I want to upload in one go, but this past chapter had me uploading each file individually. It'd be tedious to do that with just 10 images, let alone what I use, and you all know how I like to show pictures (probably too many, if I'm honest).
That's weird, last time I had to do this (2-3 weeks ago) it worked fine for me. Maybe it's because you try to upload too many images at once? Except for that I don't really know what could cause the issue.

I was really tempted to do that, but there were plenty of considerations for the pros and cons.

I've historically had bad luck when it comes to getting the free cores from Timmy exploding. Either they don't explode and they don't get rebels, they get rebels but they don't take more than 50% of the land, or they get a lot of rebels but are then DOW'd by someone else.

Not to mention that the Ottomans are militaristic, and have been for their past 3 rulers. So they have most of Persia marked as vital interest, which would likely break the alliance we have if we get too much of the land. Also, because the Ottomans own some Persian land, I didn't want to risk the rebels going to siege that up, only to get crushed by some Janissaries. And since I had planned on taking Mong Yang as a vassal, I didn't want to risk a Persian-Mong Yang alliance due to LD from defected provinces.

TL;DR version: the risk outweighed the reward in this case.

Atwix is not telling you to let rebels break Persia, because that gives a billion LD like you have suggested, but if you use the "Support Rebels" on Persian Separatists, then declare war using the "Support Rebel" CB and enforce their demands, every Persian core goes back to your vassal Persia, free of any LD and for the cheap cost of like 60% warscore.

I have done it before on tiny Mamelukes as France just bashing the Ottoman into oblivion and got the entire levant coast and Egypt region back from the Mamelukes being just a OPM for 0 LD.

Atwix is not telling you to let rebels break Persia, because that gives a billion LD like you have suggested, but if you use the "Support Rebels" on Persian Separatists, then declare war using the "Support Rebel" CB and enforce their demands, every Persian core goes back to your vassal Persia, free of any LD and for the cheap cost of like 60% warscore.

I have done it before on tiny Mamelukes as France just bashing the Ottoman into oblivion and got the entire levant coast and Egypt region back from the Mamelukes being just a OPM for 0 LD.

no, not really.

the idea is to declare on timmie, let persian rebels occupy everything they can. peace out timmie once you are certain he will have 50+% provinces occupied by rebels AFTER the peace.

take one persian core province in peace deal, and provinces in persian culture group for rest of warscore.

release persia from one core on the day after peace, feed persia all the terrain you took in war to tank LD. then next month, timmie will collapse, and persia will get all the persian cores for FREE. no added LD, since they collapsed, and not defected.

basically it gives you entire persia +90%warscore just like that, in one war.

if you do this as ottoman and do divert trade right after peace deal, you are looking at juicy profit.

no, not really.

the idea is to declare on timmie, let persian rebels occupy everything they can. peace out timmie once you are certain he will have 50+% provinces occupied by rebels AFTER the peace.

take one persian core province in peace deal, and provinces in persian culture group for rest of warscore.

release persia from one core on the day after peace, feed persia all the terrain you took in war to tank LD. then next month, timmie will collapse, and persia will get all the persian cores for FREE. no added LD, since they collapsed, and not defected.

basically it gives you entire persia +90%warscore just like that, in one war.

if you do this as ottoman and do divert trade right after peace deal, you are looking at juicy profit.

Well, they'll get SOME LD from getting the extra development. But they will not get the modifier "provinces from events and defects" or whatever it's called.

That said, it's very powerful if you can get it to work right. But that's a very big IF that's ground previous campaigns of mine to a halt, which is why I opted against it.

That's weird, last time I had to do this (2-3 weeks ago) it worked fine for me. Maybe it's because you try to upload too many images at once? Except for that I don't really know what could cause the issue.

Heh, maybe PDX is trying to tell me to not upload an entire encyclopedia's worth of images for my AARs :p

But it IS weird, since it wouldn't even let me select two images for uploading at the same time. Oh well, I'll live.

I'm surprised you aren't a great power yet.
He's still a tributary. He'll be a Great Power as soon as he breaks tributary with Ming.

Exactly as @ParagonSaber said. I've been eligible for GP status for a while now (IIRC, right now I'd be in second or third place, thanks to my vassal's development), it's just that tributaries cannot be a GP, since they're bending the knee to another nation.

Chapter 5
Chapter 5: Cleaning Up the Borders

Welcome back to Sarig Yogir, we're definitely not planning something nefarious. Would a horse lie to you?

Where we had last dismounted, we had just released Mong Yang for vassal feeding in Indochina.

20170806194004_1.jpg

Forts, forts everywhere. Bengal is utterly disgusting with all the forts they have. But, as we can tell via our psychic horse senses, Arakan only has a capital fort for us to worry about. Which is... rather intriguing.

20170806194033_1.jpg

We go to declare war upon the pitiful nation (hence why we own Pegu and that other province, for the best CB this side of no CB), and we're warned that some "Ayutthaya" guy would defend their ally. Well, if more people want their teeth kicked in, we have plenty of horses for the job! We didn't make them a co-belligerent, though. I'd rather see what allies they have before I do something like that, just in case they have all of SE Asia as their allies.

20170806194054_1.jpg

A pitiful force, really. I'm surprised, usually Ayutthaya is more powerful than that! :confused:

Maybe they made themselves a hug box and couldn't expand. I'd not be surprised if that were the case.

20170806194502_1.jpg

Humanist Ideas are fully fleshed out now, meaning we are as tolerant, or MORE, than most of the Hindu Indian nations that no longer exist. And some people say that Hordes are a balancing act between bankruptcy and breaking to rebels, we've had no such problems with either this whole campaign :rolleyes:

20170806194539_1.jpg

Turks invading Timmy. These notifications always make me nervous that we'll lose the alliance due to wonky AI wanting lands that I own, despite our alliance. Oh well, maybe we'll bring them into a war on our side, and watch them break the alliance with us mid-war. I mean, stuff like that NEVER happens, right? :p

20170806194650_1.jpg

Out of curiosity, I looked to see what it would take to full annex Ayutthaya. Aside from the surprise that they were 260% WS, I was more surprised that there was a modifier for "size of Ming", and I honestly have no idea as to what that means or does. Is it that because the Ming is X large, the WS required to take the province is reduced?

Instructions unclear, horse caught in ceiling fan. :confused:

20170806194730_1.jpg

Thanks to our policy of not caring about what lies in the uncharted lands of our map, no one really cares that we're going to full annex Arakan. Rightly so, they're a rather silly nation, what with their blue and white stripes that looks like underwear or cheap prison garb.

20170806194808_1.jpg

While we are working on Ayutthaya's fort, we decide that Sind has done their job and should be fully brought into the fold. But, our dip. rep. is atrocious, so it'll take forever and a day to integrate them. I think Hordes don't get extra dip rep from their government type. Or, if they do, they're missing dip rep from another sources. IIRC, monarchies have 3 dip rep at 0 OE. And we've got no OE.

20170806194846_1.jpg

This is pretty sad, Ayutthaya. That elephant on your flag really is just for show.

20170806194856_1.jpg

Killing our infantry, oh no! It's not like they're mercenaries or anything!

Oh wait, they ARE mercenaries. ;)

20170806195735_1.jpg

Wait, what?

Oh, sure, that's what I'd do if I were Bengal and had half of my rival's land sieged up. I'd just sign a white peace and just hope that everything turns out alright. It's not like getting larger and stronger would be helpful or anything :confused:

20170806195837_1.jpg

We peace out Ayuttaya for one province and everything in their coffers. No one new would join the 'potential coalition' list, so it's a consequence free deal. Plus, it eliminates one of their jungle forts, meaning we'll be able to siege them down faster next time.

20170806195940_1.jpg

And then we go for Arakan, and we go HARD. We want everything they own, and some things they don't. Ayutthaya isn't happy, but we couldn't care less about that. Mong Yang has to grow big and strong to hurt the Ming!

20170806200559_1.jpg

On a totally unrelated note, while I was looking at the trade mapmode, I noticed that there were these little stacks of coins on some of the provinces. I've never looked up close in the trade mapmode, so I have no idea what these mean. I'd guess that it represents how much trade power the province holds, but I don't know for certain. Neat model, though!

20170806200904_1.jpg

Shortly after we finished the war with Arakan, Pegu was revealed. Well, we can't have a country next to us, they might learn about our 'burn, pillage, burn' policy and hate us!

Well, they can't hate us if they're dead!

20170806200921_1.jpg

Pitiful army there, Pegu.

20170806200953_1.jpg

Garjut separatists in Bahmanis? Yes, please! We don't own any Garjuti cores, so they shouldn't enter and siege our land, so long as the rebel AI works properly. So I'm not holding my breath.

20170806201009_1.jpg

OK, it's time to clean up the interior borders, Oirat has been kinda ruining our look for some time now.

20170806201200_1.jpg

While we have no clue what the heck a "Lan Xang" is (I think it's some sort of shoe), apparently they have a better opinion of us. Yay...?

20170806201434_1.jpg

Pegu, why didn't you tell us you were rich? We would have pushed for your integration sooner if we had known! :eek:

20170806201535_1.jpg

Bye bye Oirat and Yarkand, you were important for all of ten years. After that, you were just kinda there, not really worth the effort of finishing off.

20170806201931_1.jpg

Meanwhile, we're looking to get our toes wet in Korea. While I'd love to have Korea as a vassal, I don't think we'd be able to get them. Plus, our troops are elsewhere for the time being, so completing our mission via threats is all we can do for now.

20170806202203_1.jpg

Next on the chopping block is Baluchistan. They've been a royal pain for us for so long, always threatening to make a coalition. Well, NO LONGER!

20170806202213_1.jpg

I guess Baluchistan doesn't believe in an army or something o_O

20170806202307_1.jpg

Bahmanis is primed for war with us, but we're not going to DOW them just yet, we're getting our troops in place, so we can rush their unprotected forts once again.

20170806202418_1.jpg

This is just sad, Baluchistan couldn't even manage to land in our direct territory, they landed in our vassal's. And all our vassals are on scutage, so there was literally no point in doing this. :confused:

20170806202652_1.jpg

We chose Religious Wars for our first ability of the Reformation Age. A tengri horde will be able to make the most use of that ability, more so than most any other nation! We're going to be taking more than 100% OE on the regular for now, because razing it will put us anywhere between 80-90% OE for most provinces. And that doesn't even count for us giving the land away in most cases!

20170806203106_1.jpg

We took a loan so that we could embrace colonialism before we finished our war. This is the first loan we've taken out in a LONG time, that's how stable our nation is. It's rather surprising, actually.

20170806203227_1.jpg

Here's a look at our economy. Aside from the minor issue of 37% inflation, we're looking really good. 818 development, but considering how much we razed, we would most likely have the most development in the world by now, and it's not even been 100 years since we started!

20170806205300_1.jpg

Time to punch Bahmanis in their gut, and make sure that there's no hope of them recovering. We've left Baluchistan alone for now, so that the AE with other nations could fall, as well as so we can improve relations with the Arabian nations.

20170806205323_1.jpg

PIN THEM DOWN!

20170806205331_1.jpg

Our horse soldiers are laughing maniacally at the Bahmanis' feeble attempt at resistance.

20170806205338_1.jpg

Hordes, they put the 'laughter' back in 'slaughter'! :D

20170806205729_1.jpg

Meanwhile, Poland is feeling strong enough to take on Hungary. Poland refused the union this game, and had lost some of their lands to Hungary (check the mountain range, you can clearly see Hungary's purple-pinkish color there), so something must have happened to turn the tides! Go Poland go!

20170806205928_1.jpg

Cheap admin tech... I could cry from how little it'll cost us to get back up to date on admin tech. :)

We don't let it slip further because we want more idea groups.

20170806211000_1.jpg

We took what we wanted from Bahmanis. Vijayanagar had jumped on Bahmanis as we smacked them around, so we couldn't get EVERYTHING we wanted, like the two centers of trade on the eastern coast. But, we did break them further, and took as many forts as we could, aside from the capital. 136% OE for all this? Not a problem, horse god is an excellent administrator.

20170806211033_1.jpg

Here's proof that our tolerance is truly OP. We've not razed a single province, and we have no unrest in our newly taken lands. o_O

20170806211806_1.jpg

Bye bye Baluchistan. You're getting fed to Sind, because what's another couple of decades to integrate, anyways?

20170806212039_1.jpg

One more look at our income, feat. Asia in the background.

20170806212208_1.jpg

And I'll end this chapter with the vulture-esque descent of Bengal, looking to feast on Bahmanis.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Attachments

• 20170806194033_1.jpg
    20170806194033_1.jpg
    564,2 KB · Views: 33
At least some of your borders are looking prettier now. A little at least :)

I am really amazed (once again) by your great abilities in this game - almost half of India in your possession in just 100 years? It would've taken me way longer to do that! Although I'm very eager to discover how the wars with Ming will go.

Aside from the minor issue of 37% inflation, we're looking really good.

"minor issue"

man, you are really replacing me in AARland on humor and skill at this game. Keep it up.

818 development, but considering how much we razed, we would most likely have the most development in the world by now, and it's not even been 100 years since we started!

1000 dev before 1550 is always a good treshold.

100 ducat income before 1600 is the next.

i gotta wonder, will you use the "take all loans possible and build manufactories and churches and workshops then wait 5 years after completion to go bankrupt" strat also?

Cheap admin tech... I could cry from how little it'll cost us to get back up to date on admin tech. :)

why didn't you combine this with tech cost reduction from 100% spy network? you got the dip tech 9 for it..

you are gonna tank diplo and admin tech and eat the corruption right, then tech up massively bystacking tech cost reduction with diplo and admin ideas?

man, you are really replacing me in AARland on humor and skill at this game. Keep it up.
We are truly blessed with such an alternative, but no-one will be able to replace you: your place in the sun here will always be kept open for your long-awaited return from the lands of Twitch one day :p.

And this is meant as a compliment to both you atwix and firezatswill9 :).

At least some of your borders are looking prettier now. A little at least :)

I'd have made them cleaner in India, but I'm hoping for rebels to do some of the work for me. If some of the nations in Bahmanis' northern territories release smaller nations, I can take those for free, more or less.

This otto blob could be a real pain. Especially as they mostly seems to get military rulers aside with marking half of the world as vital interest.

I'll be honest with you, once I've secured the east, I'm crushing the Turks. Having all of China and India under my rule should make it a cakewalk. But yes, militaristic leaders for allies are a real pain.

I am really amazed (once again) by your great abilities in this game - almost half of India in your possession in just 100 years? It would've taken me way longer to do that! Although I'm very eager to discover how the wars with Ming will go.

Thank you, but all the praise goes to the horde type government and their ideas. Without them, I don't think I'd have been able to do this so fast. Actually, I'm POSITIVE I wouldn't have been able to do this. At least not without being behind on almost every tech by 5 or more.

And Ming, well, we'll be dealing with Ming soon enough.

1000 dev before 1550 is always a good treshold.

100 ducat income before 1600 is the next.

i gotta wonder, will you use the "take all loans possible and build manufactories and churches and workshops then wait 5 years after completion to go bankrupt" strat also?

Right now, securing India and China are my immediate goals. Any excess cash that isn't used to fund new troops or embracing institutions are put towards getting manufactories and such.

why didn't you combine this with tech cost reduction from 100% spy network? you got the dip tech 9 for it..

you are gonna tank diplo and admin tech and eat the corruption right, then tech up massively bystacking tech cost reduction with diplo and admin ideas?

The smart answer would be because I didn't want to have all of my diplomats tied down while there were wars to be waged.

The honest answer would be because I forgot that I had the tech level for me to do that. And that I had gotten an event that gave me 10% tech reduction for admin for 20 years.

"minor issue"

We are truly blessed with such an alternative, but no-one will be able to replace you: your place in the sun here will always be kept open for your long-awaited return from the lands of Twitch one day :p.

And this is meant as a compliment to both you atwix and firezatswill9 :).

I take both of these compliments in stride, although I do not think I am deserving of them. I'm just glad that people are enjoying my writing!