• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Slime99

Major
15 Badges
May 3, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
The development on the mod has concluded as I'll move on to I:R. If someone wants to pick it up feel free to do so.
Hello fellow paradoxians. I present you RWBY - the Crusader Kings 2 overhaul mod. I aim to implement the world of Remnant in the mod as good as I can, but for now it's in early development. Feel free to leave suggestions, help, found bugs or anything related down below.
QbJcUk8.png
fLC3Mwr.png
j4sctUu.png
CzWnijd.png
La1U1nB.png
SvNzBog.png
npjBDKb.jpg
ZP2tahk.jpg
hfxop10.jpg

GcSPD0F.png

JwHNf4h.png

nDtGYfF.png

Link to the mod
Link to the reddit post
Link to the Steam page

Last edited:
Older Changelog:
  • Added the Vytal festival event chain that fires every two years.
  • An event for Grimm that gives them free troops.
  • You need to wait 9 months to visit the weapon shop again.
  • Death rates in academies decreased.
  • Reworked dust mines: Now you have to send a searching team to look for dust deposits in the province and then setup mines. The larger the deposit, the more money the mines produce. This way Vacuo gets its large dust production
  • Nerfed Atlas a lot. The Grimm have now a stronger foothold on Solitas and Atlas has two colonies at its borders.
  • A Moon shard can fall from the sky and cause heavy damage to the province. This is rare, but the chance increases over years.
  • Sudatcia (those islands below Sanus) was moved to Levitica.
  • Added rest of Dashert and two placeholder wastelands in the west - Thanatolia and the Land of Ash.
  • If you go negative on prestige as a Grimm, your provinces might become rebellious.
  • Added rivers to the map.
  • A lot of bug fixes.
  • Many minor tweaks and changes I forgot to list.
  • 237 Provinces.
  • Moved Alkhalidis to Dashertan group
  • Fixed the empty province in eastern Dashert
  • Added Chaos modifiers for Humans and Faunus that attracts Grimm
  • Added semblances and aura mechanics
  • Added most of Vale and Vacuo
  • Fixed various bugs and made several tweaks
  • Colonies now may call each-other into wars, and may break free through war
  • You can now join Conquest wars without being allied to any party
  • Added Varynac and Montaran cultures to Vacuo
  • Added a couple more canon characters
  • 197 provinces
-Added rest of Vacuo and made a majority of it Sakitiman.
-Added a Menagerian colony in Mistral.
-Tweaked many CBs.
-Balkanized Mistral and Vale.
-Added canonical weapons.
-Added a weaponshop decision.
-Added the four kings to the interesting characters in the start menu
-Added canonical faces for canonical character, to an extent.
-Many other minor fixes and tweaks.

1.4​

• Added most of Mistral on the map.

• Added Zhaozeren, Alkhalidi and Mistralian Faunus cultures and Hermissian, Tarmissic and Alkhalidic religions with the ability to form the religious title through a special decision for Hermissians and Alkhalidics.

• Events should be now working properly.

• Added Huntsmen academies as titles, with their respectful rulers (professors).

• You may send courtiers to study in a huntsmen academy. During that time they can get better attributes.

• Lumped up Customs technology into one and added Huntsman activity and Services technologies that help you manage the realm better.

• Most of Mistrals territory is colonies. There's many canonical sites on the map, such as Kuroyuri and Shion.

• A whopping 156 provinces!
  • Full-scale map overhaul.
  • More of Vale, rest of Atlas and all of Menagerie were added.
  • You no longer are able to wage war with Grimm in any other way than the Colonization CBs.
  • Removed many CBs from the Grimm.
  • Colonization CB:
    • Costs 200 gold and must be a duke or higher and not a colony itself.
    • Targets Grimm only.
    • Must be a neighboring county or two sea-provinces away.
    • Once you win the war, a new character takes the province and creates a castle instantly. The new ruler becomes a colony of yours and pays 1/5 of his income to you. He can be called to war and he can call you. You can't refuse calls for defensive wars.
    • The new ruler also gets 200 gold and 500 soldiers.
  • Minor Colonization CB:
    • 200 gold and must be either a count or a colony.
    • Can only be targeted to neighboring provinces.
    • Instead of creating a new character, you gain the control of the province yourself.
    • You also get a castle in the province.
  • Added kingdom of Menagerie that can be created only by Faunus. You also need 1000 prestige and 200 gold, and the whole control of the island.
  • If a Grimm obtains a province from humans, it destroys all the cities and castles and creates a new tribal holding if one doesn't already exist.
  • Split Human cultures to Vacuote, Central Cultures and Mistralian groups.
  • Added Haoren, Menagerian and Vacuan cultures, while the latter is not on the map at the moment.
  • 88 provinces.
1.2​
  • Added events regarding Grimm I.E. a strong Grimm arrives at your court.
  • Made Grimm become nomadic with Horse Lords DLC
  • Other additions making playing Grimm more interesting.
  • Lessened the penalties for Grimm in stats and Faunus vs Human opinion penalty is smaller.
  • Added Atlesian Hunters as a holy order.
  • Various localisation and bug fixes.
  • No new provinces (yet).
1.1​
  • Expanded Vale and added Atlas
  • Added Grimm portraits
  • Added Grimmish religion and Atlesian and Mantlean Faunus cultures
  • Added 2 vassals to Vale, Donotolia and Ermion, the Schnee dust company in Atlas and 3 Grimm minors in Vytal
  • Made Forever Fall Sanute Faunus representing the White Fang camp there
  • 54 province map

Initial release :
  • Added Remnantan pantheon as a religion for humans and Faunus
  • Added Grimmic, Valean and Sanute Faunus cultures in Grimm, Human and Faunus cultures respectfully. *
  • Kingdom of Vale ruled by a guy named "Gary Strong". The kingdom contains 3 provinces and 1 duchy, and is part of empire of Sanus
  • Added 4 buildings:
  • Small, Upgraded and Flourishing dust mines, can only be built in hill or mountain provinces, practically useless ATM since there's no mountains or hills provinces.
  • Hunter Academies, give 60 cavalry units.
  • Valean Hunters added as a holy order that represents, as the name indicates, Valean hunters.
  • 40 province map.

Last edited:
With 54 provinces this might be mod with the smallest map ever. Those constantly whining people with old rigs will definitely be happy for that, as it's likely to be very light on hardware.

Though I can run 1000+ provinces (vanilla), I will also give the mod a try.

Ok, here's my first impressions/suggestions:

Try to not use identical coa's for different counties. CK2 uses coa's as part of user interface (character screen, maybe somewhere else), i.e., player is supposed to be able to discern apart different titles just by the coa.

Currently these have identical coa's:
Mount Ermion = Granite Valley
Donapolis = Upper Donatolia
Atlas = Tatval

Your current method of simply changing colors of coa to make a different one is perfectly fine, some other mods do that too, just don't leave identical ones.

Last edited:
Another suggestion:

Grimm religion has no description, here's a simple one based on Wiki: "While Grimm vary in their intellect and understanding of the world around them, they all are drawn to negativity, such as envy, sadness, loneliness and hatred and they congregate around the sources of these emotions."

And likely, of course, some gameplay effects regarding this would also fit:
* Piety rewards for the 'negative' traits of Grimm characters ?
* Events with free random Grimm troops (congregant flocks) and/or free courtiers (intelligent Grimms lured by negativity) for those Grimm rulers who have many such traits ?

Last edited:
Ok, here's my first impressions/suggestions:

Try to not use identical coa's for different counties. CK2 uses coa's as part of user interface (character screen, maybe somewhere else), i.e., player is supposed to be able to discern apart different titles just by the coa.

Currently these have identical coa's:
Mount Ermion = Granite Valley
Donapolis = Upper Donatolia
Atlas = Tatval

Your current method of simply changing colors of coa to make a different one is perfectly fine, some other mods do that too, just don't leave identical ones.
Yeah I rushed it a bit yesterday so I could upload the mod, might actally make some of the Flags more distinctive I.E. make Ermion provinces use mountain themed flags and Hyperpolis use the Schnee emblem.
Another suggestion:

Grimm religion has no description, here's a simple one based on Wiki: "While Grimm vary in their intellect and understanding of the world around them, they all are drawn to negativity, such as envy, sadness, loneliness and hatred and they congregate around the sources of these emotions."
Neat! I'll add it in as soon as I can.
And likely, of course, some gameplay effects regarding this would also fit:
* Piety rewards for the 'negative' traits of Grimm characters ?
* Events with free random Grimm troops (congregant flocks) and/or free courtiers (intelligent Grimms lured by negativity) for those Grimm rulers who have many such traits ?
Assuming these Grimm rulers with such traits get a lot of piety, they could be spawned via decision and/or event similar to raider armies. Another way to get piety could be raiding and pillaging Human/Faunus settlements, obtaining artifacts ETC.

hmm... I wonder if its possible to use nomadic mechanics, having vast expanse of wilderness with a singular "Khagan" as its ruler and the grimm represented as manpower. Plus its easier for the grimm to convert counties while the humans/faunus require some investment to settle.

hmm... I wonder if its possible to use nomadic mechanics, having vast expanse of wilderness with a singular "Khagan" as its ruler and the grimm represented as manpower. Plus its easier for the grimm to convert counties while the humans/faunus require some investment to settle.
Sadly I don't have the Horse Lords DLC. However, I think i could give them a government type of their own with no holdings. Manpower IMO dives too deep into the DLC mechanics, so maybe I should replace the "train troops" councilor job with something like "terrorize a neighboring human realm", which in turn could work like raiding without moving troops there. For the culture drift, I think once a human/faunus obtains the province they have to hunt down the Grimm and then they get the option to build there.

Sadly I don't have the Horse Lords DLC.
Just buy it from your next salary, it's not that expensive and you might even find a discount for it. PDX dlc's are only expensive if you buy them all at once, buying a single dlc costs not more than going to an average restaurant once and it definitely lasts longer than fancy food.

Just buy it from your next salary, it's not that expensive and you might even find a discount for it. PDX dlc's are only expensive if you buy them all at once, buying a single dlc costs not more than going to an average restaurant once and it definitely lasts longer than fancy food.
Eh, might aswell. However, I'd like to make the mod require as little DLCs as possible to fully enjoy, perhaps I should enable holding pillaging for tribal Grimm for too, or make it an event. I don't want the Grimm become feudal or hold any holdings or vassals besides tribal/nomadic, though this can Be done simply by editing the decisions. OTOH I only need to make Grimmish a horde culture in the culture files.

However, I'd like to make the mod require as little DLCs as possible to fully enjoy
Afaik, that can be done by creating special game option for that (i.e., "Nomads enabled/disabled *requires Horse Lords DLC for enabling*") or making a seperate submod that would enable nomads in mod. Making it a game option for that is probably best solution, as that is less confusing as a submod, imo.

Afaik, that can be done by creating special game option for that (i.e., "Nomads enabled/disabled *requires Horse Lords DLC for enabling*") or making a seperate submod that would enable nomads in mod. Making it a game option for that is probably best solution, as that is less confusing as a submod, imo.
The nomads automatically turn to tribal if you don't have the DLC. What I meant that I want to make the core mechanics of different cultures playable without DLCs I.E. no interest in holding baronies or becoming feudal.

Let me preface this by saying I love this more than you could possibly imagine and however you go about it I'll probably be pleased either way because I'm a RWBY fanboy. A small bit of personal opinion: I feel like even if the Headmasters aren't the direct rulers (Or even just playable counts) they should at least be minor Vassals (Possibly of a Theocratic variety a la the Pope in Rome/Ecumenical Patriarch, maybe even a bishopric with a titular arch-bishopric as the Academies, like what CK+ does with the Pentarchs). Also, what about religions? Is this Remnantian Pantheon a placeholder or will you be making some made up stuff? Along with the Two Brothers, a one-off line of Yang saying "Oh my God", singular, implies that Vale, or at least Patch, has a majority of a monotheistic religion that could be made into a direct equivalent of the base game's Catholicism if you don't go with the (implied to be kind of obscure) Two Brothers, which could maybe be a heresy of that faith that an event chain could create? Also, bit of a mistake I'm assuming: Blake is considered Lowborn and thus illegitimate when I'm assuming she's meant to be Ghira's heir. And when I try to edit Grimm rulers the game CTDs.

Edit: Ah, forgive me if I'm overstepping my boundries, I'm just a major fanboy with some ideas. You're free to ignore me if you want, I'm just giving my thoughts.

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying I love this more than you could possibly imagine and however you go about it I'll probably be pleased either way because I'm a RWBY fanboy. A small bit of personal opinion: I feel like even if the Headmasters aren't the direct rulers (Or even just playable counts) they should at least be minor Vassals (Possibly of a Theocratic variety a la the Pope in Rome/Ecumenical Patriarch, maybe even a bishopric with a titular arch-bishopric as the Academies, like what CK+ does with the Pentarchs). Also, what about religions? Is this Remnantian Pantheon a placeholder or will you be making some made up stuff? Along with the Two Brothers, a one-off line of Yang saying "Oh my God", singular, implies that Vale, or at least Patch, has a majority of a monotheistic religion that could be made into a direct equivalent of the base game's Catholicism if you don't go with the (implied to be kind of obscure) Two Brothers, which could maybe be a heresy of that faith that an event chain could create? Also, bit of a mistake I'm assuming: Blake is considered Lowborn and thus illegitimate when I'm assuming she's meant to be Ghira's heir. And when I try to edit Grimm rulers the game CTDs.

Edit: Ah, forgive me if I'm overstepping my boundries, I'm just a major fanboy with some ideas. You're free to ignore me if you want, I'm just giving my thoughts.
Glad to hear someone's enjoying the mod!
Academies could indeed be actual titles, most likely titular barony tier republics. If I'm able to a new title will be created once a Huntsman Academy gets created.
Remnantan Pantheon is not a centralized religion, but it varies between regions. Two Brothers could be the reformed version of it, possibly having heresies.
I should've fixed Blakes dynasty already yesterday when I noticed it, I'll check that and the CTDs soon.
And all suggestions are welcome. I've got A LOT to do, so these help me get an idea where to focus next.

Remnantan Pantheon is not a centralized religion, but it varies between regions. Two Brothers could be the reformed version of it, possibly having heresies.

Hm... How non-centralized is it? Forgive me if I sound a little too overstepping, I understand you have little to work with, but differing religions are a major part of CK2, so I feel there should be quite a bit of variety. A few ideas I could have would be... Hm...

The Two Brothers, of course most likely as a reformable faith related to a theoretical story event chain (though of course spawnable in other ways too). Mayhaps with heresies worshipping, instead of both of them duotheistically, only one of the brothers, with the other being a satan-figure (The brother of Creation's cult being a traditional, almost christian-esque faith, while the brother of Destruction's is more akin to Gnosticism with the brother of Creation being a childish Demiurge.)

A faith based around the wizard and the maidens, who are apparently a major religion if vol 3 is to be believed (They mention it would cause religious chaos among other things, so its clearly a proper religion that people know about instead of just a fairytale.)

Perhaps a faith that directly worships Aura as some kind of holy force in itself, maybe with a deep spiritual tradition of animism akin to shintoism and set in Mistralian territories.

Menagerie could have a more faith-esque ideological movement based around freedom rather than a proper religion, with the White Fang as a heresy.

A personality cult based around the Last King of Vale, a la Alexander the Great.

Maybe as the Atlas arc coming up shows more Atlesian culture we may get more hints for theoretical religions. As it stands maybe it could have a "Cult of Reason" vibe to it.

Vacuo is a bit of a crapshot considering we know so little about it... Might have to just make something up entirely and not get too attached if canon throws it out the window...

I understand that you have a lot on your plate with this, but since you have to make up a lot of stuff anyways lore-wise, might as well make up the religions since they don't seem to have much impact on the story. Minus the two stated to be "True" by the big good.

Edit: Again, if I'm overstepping my boundaries, feel free to ignore me if you feel it necessary.

Edit 2: I just remembered that... I think Sun or Ilia said something about Vacuo "accepting you so long as you could survive. Maybe that could be grouped in with the Menagerie and Atlas faiths as "state sponsered atheism" type faiths. And there was a common joke in the early days of rwby (that may be more or less still around. I havent really been into the fandoms injokes lately) about Monty being the in-universe God. Maybe that could be some kind of joke heresy for the Two Brothers. Or even the default faith of Vale? (Maybe just Patch so its not too prevelant but still has a foothold.) But I can understand why you wouldnt want a joke-based faith to be the default, I'm sure.

Last edited: