Quarterly Report Q&A Stream - Nov 14, 12-12:30 pm CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Hi all,

We are gearing up to release our 3rd Quarterly Report on Monday, November 14 at 8 am CET.

As per usual, Fredrik Wester (CEO) and Andras Vajlok (CFO) will be running a lunch stream Q&A at 12-12:30 pm CET. The stream will focus on financial/corporate questions.

We will prioritize questions related to the quarterly report but time permitting they will also answer other questions from shareholders, the community and anyone interested in the business of Paradox. Please post your questions in this thread, in the Twitch chat or e-mail them to ir@paradoxplaza.com.

The stream will be broadcasted via our Paradox Interactive channel on Twitch. The stream is open for anyone to watch but you will need to create an account if you wish to post comments or questions in the chat.
https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Are you planning to release any new Paradox Development Studio game next year?

(I know, I just had to try)

Reactions:
I just want to say that as a customerI like PDS games but the published games are fairly meh

Do you get all the profit from Cities or is it split in some way with the developer? Tack på förhand!
Yes, the (13?) people in Colossal Order just work for herring and knäckebröd .

Reactions:
Yes, the (13?) people in Colossal Order just work for herring and knäckebröd .

Yes I assumed they get salaries :)

But my question was if the profit from sales is shared in some way with the developer since Paradox owns the intellectual property and thus might get all of the profit depending on the agreement they have.

The report shows quite nice growth on profit. Congratulations! :)

However, the stock valuation seems to expect continuing trend. How do you plan to maintain the growth in user base and earnings? When reaching to new players do you prioritize expanding the offering with more releases and more diverse games, expanding the content of the current game families to accommodate larger audience, or option 'C) somehting else, please describe'?

(Sorry, 'both'/'all of them' is not an acceptable answer. ;) Which one do you see as the most important way?)

I have a question about your "policy" about not revealing much about your future game pipeline. I know that you don't want to cater to the PDX stock pricing on a frequent basis and that you do not wish to "disappoint" the customers and investors if there are delays, but wouldn't it be prudent to at least quarterly present a rough guideline of what to expect? My reasoning here is that you also communicated that you may want to use non-cash acquisitions (apportemission) and therefore you would want to avoid an incorrect/uninformed pricing of the stock in the market. I understand the due diligence will result in its own valuation, but the stock price should be a hint of what the market think the valuation should be.