PSA: Tomorrows update will likely render some mods incompatible [New thread for Industries]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Hey everybody! Tomorrow it is finally time for us all to enter Cities: Skylines - Industries and along with it, the free update that will be available to ALL players! You can read more about what that will include in today's Dev Diary

With this as will likely not come as any surprise to the lot of you this will probably render some mods incompatible, this is nothing unusual but can of course be annoying.

To counter this as well as possible we of course have the Modder Beta program in which Content Creators can test and tweak their content for the new patch/expansion early however even so there might be some time until your favourite mod has been updated. Learn more about the modding beta HERE

For the safest Cities experience we suggest turning off your mods until they have been updated to match the latest version! Our modders are usually incredibly fast in updating their mods compability however please do practice some patience as the patch launches and please help us in informing your fellow City builders in this! Thank you all so much and we hope you enjoy perfecting your industry tomorrow! :)

Once the patch is out you can follow the mod compability status in this Google Sheet set up by our lovelies from /r/citiesskylines

Last edited:
I'm a subreddit now? That's news, lol. :p:D

That Google Sheets document is actually mine, I set it up after Parklife to make everyone's life a bit easier. :)

If anyone finds any new broken mods (or updated ones) please let me know so I can edit it!

The document is now updated with the information we currently have.

My game crashed big time with this update, please advice. I have tried all the things I could find .
Removed all Mods, all assets , all everything, deleted / common files / uninstalled Steam , reinstalled steam and city skylines , updated Video card drivers GTX 745 . very very sad and disappointed :( , this is the first game I buy in a long time and i am regretting it , i started playing this game with my 2 little kids, and we built them a city for each . now my kids are sad their cities are gone. >:-(
steamfacepalm

My game crashed big time with this update, please advice. I have tried all the things I could find .
Removed all Mods, all assets , all everything, deleted / common files / uninstalled Steam , reinstalled steam and city skylines , updated Video card drivers GTX 745 . very very sad and disappointed :( , this is the first game I buy in a long time and i am regretting it , i started playing this game with my 2 little kids, and we built them a city for each . now my kids are sad their cities are gone. >:-(
steamfacepalm
Support forum is here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/support-bug-reports.879/
Don't forget to read the sticky threads and to add the requested files.