• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiteshade

Corporal
37 Badges
May 17, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Dungeonland
Prices for games and dlc's increased alot a while ago (3 hour now) Some base games remain same but lot of their dlcs and other game prices increased.

Is it because of Steam? Do you want to inform us why?

Edit: I made a list by research so here is

Affected Countries:

Brazil
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Eu Countries
Hong Kong
Indıa
Indonesia
Japan
Malaysia
Mexica
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Peru
Philippines
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Taiwan
Thailand
Turkey
UAE
United Kingdom

Also a example of price increase . Here is prices for Russia http://i.imgur.com/daWq94w.png

Also if you want to check it out use here https://steamdb.info/pricechanges/

UPDATE 22.05.2017
They started to increase price for other dlc's, so eventually complete collections will cost more.

http://i.imgur.com/87EMJJI.png
http://i.imgur.com/xteVAh5.png
http://i.imgur.com/bxrJ9Fb.png

UPDATE 2
Prices Increased on GoG too. Increases can be seen at below;

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post1895
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post1896
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates/post1897

So; since 25 posters account for 432 of the posts (23 pages of the thread), last night I have locked the thread to those that have repeatedly posted here. Feel free to share your opinion on the price increase, but the same people posting over and over causes those that post once ore twice to be lost in the shuffle.

For those that have lost access to this thread, do not open another thread about this, as you have already indicated your feelings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
End of a sale ?

Reactions:
Yeah, 2x price increase in Russia (don't know about others) is very bad... I was going to buy full DLC pack and now I'm... Well, not going :D Too, toooooooo expensive.

Reactions:
Looks like Paradox needed a way to offset the upcoming Steam summer sale discounts. Doing this so close to the sale makes it a bit obvious.
If that was the case, wouldn't the prices have increased all over the board ?

Wouldn't it rather be a matter of currency conversion ?

Reactions:
If that was the case, wouldn't the prices have increased all over the board ?

Wouldn't it rather be a matter of currency conversion ?

Your question would apply there too. It looks like only some of Paradox's games have increased. Crusader Kings II is not the in the list of increases. Was there no currency conversion for that game?

Reactions:
Your question would apply there too. It looks like only some of Paradox's games have increased. Crusader Kings II is not the in the list of increases. Was there no currency conversion for that game?
I'm just thinking out loud.

Reactions:
Russian Steam games are terribly underpriced on Steam if anything.

I know it's a poor country, but 7$ for let's say Firewatch when it's 20$ for an American is totally unfair.

Reactions:
Russian Steam games are terribly underpriced on Steam if anything.

I know it's a poor country, but 7$ for let's say Firewatch when it's 20$ for an American is totally unfair.

I'm not from Russia I just post it as a example. Don't compare prices with Us Dollar. Try to think prices as unit not currency.

I'm from Turkey by the way price for Europa Universails was 60TRY($16,80) but it's now 88TRY. You can think 60 TRY as $60 so it was a nice price tag.

I will give you simple example Coca-Cola price for 330ml in Turkey is $0.46 meanwhile it's $0.89 at USA.(This data is from 2015)
So you can understand why games should be cheaper at other regions because we don't earn much as you. So you can't expect us to same as you right?
If price is higher peoples going to pirating and such.
I hope you can understand why we are upset about recent change of prices.

Reactions:
I'm not from Russia I just post it as a example. Don't compare prices with Us Dollar. Try to think prices as unit not currency.

I'm from Turkey by the way price for Europa Universails was 60TRY($16,80) but it's now 88TRY. You can think 60 TRY as $60 so it was a nice price tag.

I will give you simple example Coca-Cola price for 330ml in Turkey is $0.46 meanwhile it's $0.89 at USA.(This data is from 2015)
So you can understand why games should be cheaper at other regions because we don't earn much as you. So you can't expect us to same as you right?
If price is higher peoples going to pirating and such.
I hope you can understand why we are upset about recent change of prices.

In lebanon EU4 is 60,000 L.L. which you can think of as 60,000$. Outrageous! :p

(More seriously I do get your point and think it's fair and normal for games to be cheaper in poorer regions - though to what extent exactly I couldn't possibly tell.)

Reactions:
yeah, you cannot simply convert all the prices in different countries to USD and compare. The purchasing power is vastly different(i.e. the income level is not the same). We need some valid reasons for this massive price hike. In China, some games are increased by 40%(pillars of eternity ultimate up from CNY248 to CNY412), only some obsolete games like crosscode received an decrease. In comparison, GTA V cost about CNY200. Average income in China is just not that high.

Reactions:
This is really upsetting, even more with the Steam sales right at our door just a little more than 30 days from now.

Some publishers push higher prices in certain regions.

If this is a policy change regarding the regional pricing, it won't help to get more sales either. Prices of goods aren't the same everywhere in the world, it isn't different with games.

Reactions:
Hey gang,
As you have noticed prices for our products have increased in certain regions around the globe and this is something we've intentionally done. The reason for this is to make our prices match the purchasing power of those areas, as well as create a more equal price point for our products across the globe.

Our prices have remained pretty much the same for several years and it's only natural for us to re-evaluate price points at regular intervals based on the strength of various currencies, fluctuations in world markets and many other factors. This is something that all publishers do and we are no exception.

Sadly this means that the price has gone up for certain regions and whilst this is something we'd like to avoid, it's necessary to keep our price point more in line with our other markets. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may cause and hope you can understand why we are doing this.

Reactions:
Hey gang,
As you have noticed prices for our products have increased in certain regions around the globe and this is something we've intentionally done. The reason for this is to make our prices match the purchasing power of those areas, as well as create a more equal price point for our products across the globe.

Our prices have remained pretty much the same for several years and it's only natural for us to re-evaluate price points at regular intervals based on the strength of various currencies, fluctuations in world markets and many other factors. This is something that all publishers do and we are no exception.

Sadly this means that the price has gone up for certain regions and whilst this is something we'd like to avoid, it's necessary to keep our price point more in line with our other markets. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may cause and hope you can understand why we are doing this.

Not decreased? our average salary in Croatia is 700 Eur/month... try to survive with this AND Buy games :(

Reactions:
In Brazil the average salary is 1200/1400 Reais per month.
In some areas of Brazil its not possible to even pay the rent with this amount, imagine paying for games.
Paradox clearly doesn't understand the "purchansing power" of Brazilians.

Reactions:
As far as I know, at least in China, the income level hasn't really increased for average people while almost every neccessity becomes more expensive. Yeah, the country as a whole may have made some economic wonders, but the people reaping the benefits are few compared to the masses that are tied down to the high price of living. Not to mention, most official stastics in China are false, esp. those about economy. So if you are using those stastics as a guide, you are bound to make mistakes about general situation of Chinese people.

You may wonder how everyone gets by if their income level stay relatively the same while the price of everything goes up. Well, mostly there are several ways. Sell house. The price of housing has increased disproportionately in China. Many who work hard their entire life wont be able to purchase a simple apartment in big cities like Beijing or Shanghai. Then, you can work harder to keep up with the increased cost. Or get mortgage to pay for housing. And last, a decreased level of living condition could also help.

TL:DR, The prospect in China isn't really that great. Only the few lucky or the top become much richer.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.